Posted by: LiveSpartan.8206

LiveSpartan.8206

oooo cool I’ll be tuning in

MLG Invitational This Friday!

in PvP

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Hype!

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

yeah, can’t wait to see what team comps people are running

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

Exxxxxcelent

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

are we esports then ?

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Espoooooooooooorts!

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Go GW2 eSports <3

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

#ESPAHTSBANANA

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

yeah, can’t wait to see what team comps people are running

guardian warrior necro thief ranger

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

Good luck to all of the teams competing! Yayyyyy MLG!

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

/facepalm

lol

in PvP

Posted by: mrook.4163

mrook.4163

I just wanted to say how excited we are to be in this tournament, and wish all the other teams the best of luck!

Higher ranked on both team and solo than over half their team.

Three of them are not even top 1k on team Q, 3 aren’t even on Solo Q ladder either.

Now please point out where I said I should be on it? I think there are plenty of other amazing NA teams well above their skill level that weren’t even asked.

You should be offended they’re even in the same tournament as you.

I wasn’t sure whether or not I wanted to respond to this, but I think I will. In a last minute change we were invited to this tourney, and are thrilled for the opportunity. I understand how frustrating it is to not have the teams you hoped to see in the tournament but I want to clear up some things. First, you are blatantly wrong on our rosters placement on the leaderboards. We are all top 1000 on the team arena leaderboards. In addition to this inaccuracy, your comment about solo q is largely irrelevant (if not wholly) as this does not reflect the abilities of the team. Furthermore, while the leaderboards may be the best tool we have for judging a team they do not tell the whole story. Often times players will group up with less experienced friends. Other times we will run a fun team composition to blow off some steam. Both of these activities, and many others, cause a drop in MMR. This nature of the leaderboards leads to experimenting resulting in a low rating, and will continue to until an unranked team q exists for this purpose. As to why we were invited I can only speculate, as I was the one invited, not the one inviting teams.

To reiterate the cheerful reasons I actually made this post, thank you for the opportunity to compete in such a great event, and good luck to everyone involved!

Edit: Fixed a typo

in PvP

Blackjack.5621

Three of them are not even top 1k on team Q, 3 aren’t even on Solo Q ladder either.

Now please point out where I said I should be on it? I think there are plenty of other amazing NA teams well above their skill level that weren’t even asked.

We are also disappointed that we got no invitation, even tho we are # 1,3,5 on teamboard and won esl opening cup. So you will miss some awesome fights with nn and cc. Anyways good luck to all who can participate, give us some exciting matches.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner

in PvP

Posted by: dzindzinier.6138

dzindzinier.6138

it is good that there is tourney with real money prize ,i still believe in GW2 esport

but how did u pick teams ?
u always have to make weird things XD u really live in ur own world…..
but anyway u made best game in world so it has to be forgiven to u

in PvP

Blackjack.5621

it is good that there is tourney with real money prize ,i still believe in GW2 esport

but how did u pick teams ?
u always have to make weird things XD u really live in ur own world…..
but anyway u made best game in world so it has to be forgiven to u

I think it was not anet who picked the teams

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner

in PvP

Posted by: dzindzinier.6138

dzindzinier.6138

doesnt metter , im happy that there is a tourney
i got used to some weird things in pvp maybe except moa and skyhammer XD

in PvP

Posted by: Cheri Wolf.3056

Cheri Wolf.3056

We are also disappointed that we got no invitation, even tho we are # 1,3,5 on teamboard and won esl opening cup. So you will miss some awesome fights with nn and cc.

lul.

they probably just invited 8 teams that registered their team on the website. called it good.

MLG: “These must be the 8 best teams in the world. Obv because they registered their teams on the WEBSITE.”

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

more easy money for CC, this game is so competitive

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Posted by: Kline.9561

Kline.9561

@lux I’m not saying that you can’t have an opinion I just simply disagree Withe the way you convay it. so it seems like a team got randomly invited seriously ask yourself is it really is worth getting upset about, I mean look at the bigger picture PvP is a mess and arena net is seriously trying to push esports when it’s not even ready. and claiming you are more qualified then that team also kinda sounds lame of you

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

in PvP

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

I don’t think MLG have ever played this game… /scratch head

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

@lux I’m not saying that you can’t have an opinion I just simply disagree Withe the way you convay it. so it seems like a team got randomly invited seriously ask yourself is it really is worth getting upset about, I mean look at the bigger picture PvP is a mess and arena net is seriously trying to push esports when it’s not even ready. and claiming you are more qualified then that team also kinda sounds lame of you

You’re harassing me for having an opinion. I don’t feel that they deserve to go and I explicitly stated why. Why is this grounds for you to verbally abuse and insult me? Just because you don’t agree with me you resort to verbally abusing me in the forums? I specifically stated why I feel they’re not qualified to be in the tournament with the pro teams and I would appreciate it if you didn’t harass me for voicing my opinion by insulting me. If you’d like to explain why they are suitable for this then I’d love to hear it.

If you’re so intent on defending them then please explain to me why they deserve to go over actual top ranked teams.

This isn’t a discussion about all of the other problems in pvp, this is a discussion about the tournament. So please, let’s hear what constitutes them being invited into a league of players far superior to their skill levels.

Is it a big deal that they’re in the tournament? Yes and no. I don’t think anyone is seriously expecting them to win a match. Regardless of their performance, they’re taking a spot that could have been offered to one of many top NA teams. I listed the ones off the top of my head earlier. Now THOSE teams could have a legit chance at actually winning. More-so than a team that hasn’t scratched the top 100, let alone 200… and is currently sitting at an average of ~600… My pve guildies and I played and hit 500-600 today just for fun.

[SoF]

(edited by Lux.7169)

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

They better record it and put it somewhere so i can watch it afterwards.
I won’t be able to watch it tommorow :l

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Too many midrank american teams → too many 500-0 matches

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: boumz.9851

boumz.9851

#espahwtssssssssss

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Zoutsha.1093

Zoutsha.1093

MLG asked a lot of NA (aL,USA…) and EU (crs,DE…) top teams but since most of them stoped playing in the last view weeks MLG had to change the roster over and over again. I dont get why they invited 3 EU teams and 5 NA teams especially cause there are some EU top 50 teams still playing also i wouldve loved to see more NA vs EU matchups but it is MLG’s decision. Im really looking forward to play and hopefully face SYNC in the finals again.

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

GENTLEMEN:

Y we fighting over who got an invite to the … Minnisota regional milk carton derby finals?

Really this game has about the same following, y care?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Seen as shad have maybe the two best players in the game (along with xerrex) and weren’t invited I am confused? Or do they have another team name.

And blackjack is right, his team are easily one of the best. Not invited is wierd.

I have played NA solo q and team q, and I can tell you that they are way worse there. SO 5 NA teams is ridiculous. Like literally, I have come across people from the NA teams and I would rank them as mid range EU players AT BEST. Sometimes they are just bad.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Seen as shad have maybe the two best players in the game (along with xerrex) and weren’t invited I am confused? Or do they have another team name.

And blackjack is right, his team are easily one of the best.

Completely agreed.

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

Was disappointed to see that the prize pool is sponsored by A-Net, but nonetheless won’t complain about more tourneys.
Edit: Just looked at the brackets, who is responsible for that? only 3 Eu teams and all are on the same side of the bracket… there is obviously some bias involved in that. Well w/e since there is no real prize for 2nd place compared to 1st it doesn’t matter in the long run – I bet my money on DEN.

Fixi

(edited by Erwin.5603)

in PvP

Kline.9561

GENTLEMEN:

Y we fighting over who got an invite to the … Minnisota regional milk carton derby finals?

Rofl a thousand times this. I still find it hard to believe there is any one left who should get upset about this there is no one left to play spvp anet should just make it free to play only way they can save it at this point

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Hi, I’m Olrun from Two Metas Ahead [Pro]. I know a lot of you are curious as to why we are invited. Let me start off by saying that we were not their first option. We replaced a last minute drop out and were only invited yesterday, just before the official announcement. However, most of you seem to be going off the assumption that we are not a good team. This is simply not true. You look at the leaderboards and question how a team such as ours got invited. My response is that we do not care about our leaderboard ranking. We have experimented with many team comps instead of just accepting the meta, eventually settling on the one we now use. Hopefully, you’ll see the results of our experimentation succeed on Friday. We practice when we do specifically so we frequently end up going against some of the top teams. And all of this is completely ignoring when we are just messing around. Let me give you an example of some of our other “teams:”

Beep Boop We Are [Bots] – 5 huge pink norn phantasm mesmers with nearly identical names
Welcome To The Petting [Zoo] – 5 spirit rangers
We’ve Got Spirit How About [You] – 5 spirit weapon guardians
Five Hundred Blades [Five] – 5 warriors
Minions R Us [MRU] – 5 minion mancers

Also, you may not have heard of us, but shoutcasters in the ASP can, and have, spectated our matches in team queue.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

(edited by OlrunTheBlade.1486)

in PvP

Kline.9561

Hi, I’m Olrun from Two Metas Ahead [Pro]. I know a lot of you are curious as to why we are invited. Let me start off by saying that we were not their first option. We replaced a last minute drop out and were only invited yesterday, just before the official announcement. However, most of you seem to be going off the assumption that we are not a good team. This is simply not true. You look at the leaderboards and question how a team such as ours got invited. My response is that we do not care about our leaderboard ranking. We have experimented with many team comps instead of just accepting the meta, eventually settling on the one we now use. Hopefully, you’ll see the results of our experimentation succeed on Friday. We practice when we do specifically so we frequently end up going against some of the top teams. And all of this is completely ignoring when we are just messing around. Let me give you an example of some of our other “teams:”

Beep Boop We Are [Bots] – 5 huge pink norn phantasm mesmers with nearly identical names

Also, you may not have heard of us, but shoutcasters in the ASP can, and have, spectated our matches in team queue.

I fully agree that the leaderboard should not be taken into consideration whatsoever and people who do brag about being on the leaderboard are dislusional , the things are beyond broken and they’re just making a sad attempt of ego boosting their self importance.

I love your guys team comps props for Guild Wars 2 satire

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Wow…definitely not gonna watch this. Competition is not existing anymore and the meta is still the same boring kitten, where class-skill doesn’t matter. Celebrate yourselves!

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Haha, good luck in the tourney. It’s too bad you had to defend your team from people tossing out accusations.

If you guys are willing to do stuff like this, you should try some more creative builds/comps! 5 of (insert summon build) makes for good sardonic humor, but surely if you guys can make stuff like that work you could actually use something fun/different. What about a team of glass cannon guardians, or 5 eles rotating stability on earth attunement…basically anything except summoning 30+npcs would be fun to see.

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

GENTLEMEN:

LOL I LOVE YOU.

So, I don’t know why my post got deleted. I was just simply stating this game is not an esports.

in PvP

Posted by: besaah.2516

besaah.2516

i’ll root for you if you play any one of those comps.

in PvP

Posted by: twity.4732

twity.4732

. . . mesmer op . . .

in PvP

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Oh, man! I totally missed it!

They really should announce these things, like, the day before they happen, not two weeks after!

TL;DR: Announcement page has a typo.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Oh, man! I totally missed it!

They really should announce these things, like, the day before they happen, not two weeks after!

TL;DR: Announcement page has a typo.

September 27th is tomorrow in America, so you didn’t miss it

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

GENTLEMEN:

LOL I LOVE YOU.

So, I don’t know why my post got deleted. I was just simply stating this game is not an esports.

Really fugazi? really? lol.
I love you.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

September 27th is tomorrow in America, so you didn’t miss it

He was pointing out a typo in the title. The forum announcement used to say September 13th.

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

Because it was supposed to be on the 13th, then it got delayed several times and people only found out it was happening on friday around a day or two ago. Yay for professionalism. /cough Blu

Symbolic

in PvP

Posted by: BLUna.7928

BLUna.7928

Super Psyched! Taking the train to NYC tomorrow

Retired GW2 Shoutcaster
Now Casting CS:GO with ESEA
Twitter: @BLUCSGO

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

I just wanted to say how excited we are to be in this tournament, and wish all the other teams the best of luck!

I wasn’t sure whether or not I wanted to respond to this, but I think I will. In a last minute change we were invited to this tourney, and are thrilled for the opportunity. I understand how frustrating it is to not have the teams you hoped to see in the tournament but I want to clear up some things. First, you are blatantly wrong on our rosters placement on the leaderboards. We are all top 1000 on the team arena leaderboards. In addition to this inaccuracy, your comment about solo q is largely irrelevant (if not wholly) as this does not reflect the abilities of the team. Furthermore, while the leaderboards may be the best tool we have for judging a team they do not tell the whole story. Often times players will group up with less experienced friends. Other times we will run a fun team composition to blow off some steam. Both of these activities, and many others, cause a drop in MMR. This nature of the leaderboards leads to experimenting resulting in a low rating, and will continue to until an unranked team q exists for this purpose. As to why we were invited I can only speculate, as I was the one invited, not the one inviting teams.

To reiterate the cheerful reasons I actually made this post, thank you for the opportunity to compete in such a great event, and good luck to everyone involved!

Edit: Fixed a typo

Thanks for the matches we played against you tonight (Im on Bear Cav of Legend). Good luck at MLG!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

Thanks, xantos. We appreciate the support. We had fun playing against you tonight.

in PvP

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

Hype!

Yes?

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

in PvP

OlrunTheBlade.1486

For those of you who are interested, we’re about to start playing as Beep Boop We Are [Bots] at www.twitch.tv/olruntheblade

Edit: Okay, done now. See you all tomorrow!

(edited by OlrunTheBlade.1486)

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

500-0 for the opposing team.

/bet

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Posted by: Destiny.6738

Destiny.6738

Please stop these “e-sport” things, and tournaments like this. It’s wasted money and not competitive at all. It just makes me laugh when I see GW 2 tournaments with a real prize pool. Are you really just ignoring the broken PvP? I really don’t get, why tournaments like this one, even takes place…