MLG. MISSED IT...

MLG. MISSED IT...

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

I was out of town this weekend. Missed it. Can anyone tell me how many views it had?

MLG. MISSED IT...

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

it had 1500views

(edited by Poplolita.2638)

MLG. MISSED IT...

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

1.5k viewers at finals. Full playlist here

I’m going to be posting the team comps used in a few minutes

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

MLG. MISSED IT...

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I think I heard something like 1.5k-2k concurrent viewers, similar to the ESL tournament. It lasted for like 7 hours so extrapolate that data how you wish (i.e. if everyone watched an average of one hour, that’s around 10k-14k unique viewers, etc.)

It was certainly not an attempt to impress millions and gain boatloads of new PvP players, if that’s what you’re after. It was something like a trial run, wasn’t advertised, relatively small prize pool, etc. I think they just wanted to start to lay some groundwork so that IF things go well and they start putting on some big stuff, the networking/experience will already be in place.

MLG. MISSED IT...

in PvP

fugazi.5139

I think I heard something like 1.5k-2k concurrent viewers, similar to the ESL tournament. It lasted for like 7 hours so extrapolate that data how you wish (i.e. if everyone watched an average of one hour, that’s around 10k-14k unique viewers, etc.)

It was certainly not an attempt to impress millions and gain boatloads of new PvP players, if that’s what you’re after. It was something like a trial run, wasn’t advertised, relatively small prize pool, etc. I think they just wanted to start to lay some groundwork so that IF things go well and they start putting on some big stuff, the networking/experience will already be in place.

I was just simply asking how many views. Goosfablahblah.

MLG. MISSED IT...

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

For what it’s worth there was a group of us all watching one stream. I realize you’re asking for literal “viewers on the stream” because situations like mine apply to other games such as LoL, but a group of 7 of us watched most of the matches on a big screen in our apartment. We had a lot of fun placing bets on the matches and rushing to make twitch accounts to vote XD.

[SoF]

MLG. MISSED IT...

in PvP

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

I watched the whole thing, good casting, entertain matches. It never hit 2,000 viewers although people in chat were pushing for it. It hovered around 1,300 – 1,500 concurrent viewers on average. The Finals has about 1,000 – 1,100 viewers but it was late that time especially on the East Coast.

MLG recently dropped Starcraft 2 from their lineup even though it used to have 200k+ concurrent viewers. So yes this was a trial run, but I don’t see it happening again, unless it is for advertising purposes. And since ANet was providing the cash prize it did seem like a ANet run event, because generally MLG provides the winner with prizes.

(edited by Xcom.1926)

MLG. MISSED IT...

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

For what it’s worth there was a group of us all watching one stream. I realize you’re asking for literal “viewers on the stream” because situations like mine apply to other games such as LoL, but a group of 7 of us watched most of the matches on a big screen in our apartment. We had a lot of fun placing bets on the matches and rushing to make twitch accounts to vote XD.

That’s awesome! haha

Neglekt

MLG. MISSED IT...

in PvP

fugazi.5139

That’s a pretty good idea.

MLG. MISSED IT...

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

You’re not wrong there! People could have multiple windows open so it was probably like 1,000!

Maybe Arena Net opened up a coupl’a hundred windows to give them a few extra viewers!
Clearly I’m joking but all games have the same problems with counting exact viewer numbers, you can just compare the viewership to other games, the exact number doesn’t matter because all of them have similar viewership differences.

MLG. MISSED IT...

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

An above avarage streamer on twitch can get 1mil views a year.

Add all views from all guildwars channels and see if guildwars is a succes as streaming game/esport or a failure as (stream)game in general.

It’s all in the numbers and with that i don’t mean numbers as in;
-People doing spvp daily
-People hopping to wvw to sell/forge
-People using the mist as portal bypass
-People visiting WvW for a chest portal
-People joining WvW realizing it’s dead and logging out.
-People alts swapping in pvp
-etc..

Good tourney btw.

~Next time ill put my money on DC, that way i know ill win~

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

MLG. MISSED IT...

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

people didn’t see what you did there, but i saw.