MM necro question

MM necro question

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

On my guard I keep getting all my burst conditions transferred back to me (at least I think that’s what’s happening) whenever I attack a MM necro with all its minions up. I haven’t played for a while, but I don’t remember facing this before.

Could anyone tell me what the skill is that is doing this and the suggested counter play?

MM necro question

in PvP

Posted by: StickAndMove.6419

StickAndMove.6419

There’s a trait that this necro many or may not have where he automatically casts plague signet if he has enough conditions to meet the threshold. The threshold is 3 and he can transfer up to 5.

Also, if he has plague signet slotted, he can just use it at will.

Also, staff skill 4 transfers conditions.

Also, offhand dagger transfers conditions.

Counterplay in your case will involve trying another build.

MM necro question

in PvP

Posted by: Steelstickfig.9146

Steelstickfig.9146

Minionmancer Necros can also take a trait called Necromatic Corruption which causes each of their minions to take one condition from the necromancer and then transfer it to their target when attacking. The trait has a 10 second ICD but that’s per minion, and a minion must have been summoned for at least 10 seconds before the proc can occur.

Most MMs do not take the curses line, hence no automatic plague signet.
The only transfers on the typical MM build will be staff 4 and the aforementioned minion trait. You could conceivably play around this by waiting until their minions are dead to unload your burning burst, but it’d be difficult to keep up with their pressure.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Necromantic_Corruption

Do you play necromancer? Me too.

MM necro question

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

It’s not just what stick and move said. See burn guards apply a lot of AoE burn, and MM have a trait in DM that makes it so minions draw condis off the master AND Transfer them back. So let’s say you use Judge’s intervention on the MM with his minions nearby and hit the minions in addition to the MM, all of them now have three stacks of burning. So when they hit you, they transfer all that burn back.

So take 3 times 5….that’s 15 burning sent right back in your face.

Suggestion, lead the MM away from his minions, or get help bursting them down. Otherwise, either find another build or just avoid MM like the plague.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

MM necro question

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

It’s not just what stick and move said. See burn guards apply a lot of AoE burn, and MM have a trait in DM that makes it so minions draw condis off the master AND Transfer them back. So let’s say you use Judge’s intervention on the MM with his minions nearby and hit the minions in addition to the MM, all of them now have three stacks of burning. So when they hit you, they transfer all that burn back.

Suggestion, lead the MM away from his minions, or get help bursting them down. Otherwise, either find another build or just avoid MM like the plague.

Thanks, I am pretty sure this is what happened. kitten , a straight out counter to that condition guard build. Will just have to keep away from those mms on my guard!

MM necro question

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Thanks, I am pretty sure this is what happened. kitten , a straight out counter to that condition guard build. Will just have to keep away from those mms on my guard!

You think that’s bad….our MM build is directly countered and shut down by moa. Just have a friendly mea or engi moa us and done….unfortunately.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.