MMR. Account Based or Character Based?

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

So the reason I am asking is.

My Guard is prolly about 30% win 70% loss

My Mes is about 10% win and 90% loss

My Ranger is 90% win and 10% loss

I’ve played all three in this season so far.

If I’m on my Guard I win a few I lose a few and the teams seem ok.

If I’m on my Mes I lose just about every game and the teams seem bad.

If I’m on my Ranger the teams seem nice and organized and talk to each other and we win.

Now I know some will say your just bad at Mes. And your prolly right.

But its the team abilities that make me wonder between the 3 different types about MMR and is it Acc based or Character based. I would assume Account but just want to make sure.

(edited by Firebird Gomer.9563)

in PvP

Posted by: lead.7543

lead.7543

Matchmaking
Matchmaking is the process of organizing players in such a way as to encourage competitive and fun gameplay. The system uses a two-phase, score-based search method that takes into consideration several metrics. A score-based search method was used over other methods because it’s a good compromise between the often competing goals of match quality and short wait times.

At the start of matchmaking, the system attempts to find a match customized for the first Filter/Iteration/@rosters rosters (party) in the queue. If no match can be created, these players will be put at the end of the queue to ensure other players have a chance at a match customized for them. While this may seem unfair at first, this has actually been shown to decrease wait times for all players.

The first phase, called filtering, gathers players based on their current MMR and Ladder Points. The primary purpose of this phase is to both reduce the number of players being considered for a match, and to ensure that the match is appropriate given each player’s skill level. Over time, padding is added to your player rating and ladder points. While this may decrease match quality, it helps ensure that outliers still receive matches.

The second phase of the algorithm is the scoring phase. During this phase each player is scored against every other player being considered for matchmaking. The metrics used during this phase include: rating, rank, party size, profession, ladder position, and dishonor. With each metric the system is looking for players that are as close as possible to the average of those already selected. The system also attempts to keep the number of duplicate professions to a minimum.

Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm#Ratings

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Your mmr that is used in ranked is account based. They do have profession based mmr as well but it is not being used.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

My Guard is prolly about 30% win 70% loss

My Mes is about 10% win and 90% loss

My Ranger is 90% win and 10% loss

MMR in League Season 2 is account based. Can confirm.

What you are experiencing w/ win-loss is mostly the meta effect and some player skills. Druid is pretty anti meta and it has a lot of sustain. You will do well with it generally in this season. Guard is pretty decent in low divs as most revs and necros will fight you in your traps. Mesmer, on the other hand, is totally kittened by meta. So, you are losing every game with it.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

in PvP

Firebird Gomer.9563

Ok kool Thanks for the confirmation I appreciate it.

I just flat out suck at Mes. =-)

in PvP

Firebird Gomer.9563

Matchmaking
Matchmaking is the process of organizing players in such a way as to encourage competitive and fun gameplay.

Not so sure this season is based off the bolded part of your reply =-)

in PvP

Posted by: lead.7543

lead.7543

Matchmaking
Matchmaking is the process of organizing players in such a way as to encourage competitive and fun gameplay.

Not so sure this season is based off the bolded part of your reply =-)

I am inclined to agree with you there

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Can MMR change during a season?