MMR hell.. again

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m seeing match after match with 2-4 Wars and DH on the other side and none on mine. It’s very clear that my side is set to lose. This is not “competitive.”

Blowout after blowout after blowout. No this won’t “level out” it never did last season.

I really resent being put on a team that is clearly set to lose, then being punished for having lost. I was in a relationship like that once…

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

I’m seeing match after match with 2-4 Wars and DH on the other side and none on mine. It’s very clear that my side is set to lose. This is not “competitive” it is simply cruelty.

Blowout after blowout after blowout. No this won’t “level out” it never did last season.

I really resent being put on a team that is clearly set to lose, then being punished for having lost. I was in a relationship like that once…

tis should make you feel better lol

Attachments:

master jedi david

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

Do you switch classes yourself, or do you stay with Mesmer?

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’ve been sticking with Mesmer, trying to get a few of the easier achievements. I’m an even more serious liability on most other classes. Although.. as hardcore godmode as warrior is right now…

Mesmerising Girl

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

Condi warrs are good but dh are not that scary, their traps and attacks are very predictable, if you can dodge/block their traps which are almost always on points you can easily kill them 1 vs 1 on most classes.
Also stacking classes is never a good idea no matter how op a class is, if the enemy has 4 warriors and guards with no support then you shouldn’t lose if you have good support and condi cleanse.

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

Condi warrs are good but dh are not that scary, their traps and attacks are very predictable, if you can dodge/block their traps which are almost always on points you can easily kill them 1 vs 1 on most classes.
Also stacking classes is never a good idea no matter how op a class is, if the enemy has 4 warriors and guards with no support then you shouldn’t lose if you have good support and condi cleanse.

i have got good at dodging traps however when i am busy fighting another person i get pulled into the traps. so now i use signet of stone just for that little trick

master jedi david

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

I’m seeing match after match with 2-4 Wars and DH on the other side and none on mine. It’s very clear that my side is set to lose. This is not “competitive” it is simply cruelty.

tis should make you feel better lol

Holy… I dont even know how that can happen xD aka the 200 matches and 80ish wins.

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Zynt.5769

I’ve been sticking with Mesmer, trying to get a few of the easier achievements. I’m an even more serious liability on most other classes. Although.. as hardcore godmode as warrior is right now…

hmm, I think it’s best to learn a few classes, that way you can switch, to try and better compliment your team’s comp/counter the enemy comp. The majority of people never switch, so it usually falls upon you to do it.

I’d suggest taking some time to learn a couple more classes. It won’t guarantee a win obviously, but it can help increase your chances. You’ll also get a better feel for those classes and what their weaknesses are.

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Play on a trash account, get good at PvP, swap to main account and win.

At least thats what my 2 accts tell me, I just did it in the wrong order.

Seriously if your losing, stop playing, the worst thing you can do is reinforce ANet’s system, it’s deliberately making you lose.

Its the same as Season 2.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

I mean, if you’ve been in MMR hell 3 seasons in a row, it’s time to start looking inward instead of outward.

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

sanctuary.1068

I’m seeing match after match with 2-4 Wars and DH on the other side and none on mine. It’s very clear that my side is set to lose. This is not “competitive.”

You mentioned in season two you had a damage in your arm that makes it difficult to play the game. You also posted a vid of your gameplay where i could clearly see you didnt play your role that well as a mesmer. I think because of your arm, its difficult to play mesmer since theyre so squishy and you need alot of movement if you would start taking damage. I think it would be easier for you to start playing engie or ele since they arent as squishy and quite forgiving if you would take an extra hit since that hit wont be the desicion of life & death. Dh rly isnt difficult to counter and warriors is only difficult if you play a class with little to no cleanse.

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

Oh well, if they have a handicapped arm that’s obviously a major problem. Especially since you kind of need your hands/fingers to be mobile.

If they have a handicap, then they’re probably going to half as good as the average healthy player by default. They’re essentially skillcapped by their own bodies.

So they have to make up for that by playing whatever OP class of the month is. S1 and 2 was mesmer, so they managed to make progress there with that. But since mesmer is no longer the flavor of the month, they’re going to see themselves fall correspondingly.

My advice is just swap to warrior and hop on whatever OP class is around at the moment. You need a class that can make up for your physical defects and mesmer is no longer that class.

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Zynt.5769

You mentioned in season two you had a damage in your arm that makes it difficult to play the game. You also posted a vid of your gameplay where i could clearly see you didnt play your role that well as a mesmer. I think because of your arm, its difficult to play mesmer since theyre so squishy and you need alot of movement if you would start taking damage. I think it would be easier for you to start playing engie or ele since they arent as squishy and quite forgiving if you would take an extra hit since that hit wont be the desicion of life & death. Dh rly isnt difficult to counter and warriors is only difficult if you play a class with little to no cleanse.

I agree. Mesmer isn’t really the best profession for Ithilwen to play in PvP, given her circumstances. Warrior might be a better option for her, or like you said Engi/Ele.

Give one (or all) of those classes a try Ithilwen, and see how you do with them. Play it safe and use a build from MetaBattle. You might find more success with them.

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

lmao, the MMR conspiracy 1 handed mesmer complaining about guardians now? lolok

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: Levijeh.9643

Levijeh.9643

You need to drastically improve your gameplay guys (OP and the first reply), those win ratios less than 40% clearly shows that you’re not doing enough, at this point I think the matchmaking system will only place you with players in similar conditions which is terrible if you want to climb up divitions. That’s very few matches won compared to the total played and certainly affects your progress. I would suggest you play the class you know the most and use an effectice build. If I were in this situation I would go and play a damage dealer build with good mobility.

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

I agree. Mesmer isn’t really the best profession for Ithilwen to play in PvP, given her circumstances. Warrior might be a better option for her, or like you said Engi/Ele.

Give one (or all) of those classes a try Ithilwen, and see how you do with them. Play it safe and use a build from MetaBattle. You might find more success with them.

I agree as well. I know you love your mesmer but it is clearly not working for you. I know how that feels because I have always loved thief classes but being older my reflexes just aren’t what they were once and thief needs lightning fast reflexes to play. I still play thief sometimes but I stick to unranked with it now and just bring it out for profession achievements in ranked. I tried out necro and enjoyed it but then I fell in love with scrapper because it does a lot of what I want now in a class.

Really you should stop beating your head against that wall and consider it is time to play a new class. You may find something you enjoy far more than mesmer. Because honestly I feel kinda bad for you with how much you hurt yourself over this. You mentioned being in that relationship, consider that th emesmer class is that relationship now. Maybe it is time to stop seeing the pretty shinies in it and see it for the abusive relationship it is.

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

There is no MMR hell anymore as the MM try to get both teams with same MMR.

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

sanctuary.1068

There is no MMR hell anymore as the MM try to get both teams with same MMR.

Theres just dumb and dumber players. The team with less dumb wins.

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Zynt.5769

I agree as well. I know you love your mesmer but it is clearly not working for you. I know how that feels because I have always loved thief classes but being older my reflexes just aren’t what they were once and thief needs lightning fast reflexes to play. I still play thief sometimes but I stick to unranked with it now and just bring it out for profession achievements in ranked. I tried out necro and enjoyed it but then I fell in love with scrapper because it does a lot of what I want now in a class.

Really you should stop beating your head against that wall and consider it is time to play a new class. You may find something you enjoy far more than mesmer. Because honestly I feel kinda bad for you with how much you hurt yourself over this. You mentioned being in that relationship, consider that th emesmer class is that relationship now. Maybe it is time to stop seeing the pretty shinies in it and see it for the abusive relationship it is.

Couldn’t have put it better. Ithilwen, I strongly advise that you put Mesmer down for PvP and pick up a class that would be more suitable for you to play in Ranked games. Like Shadow pointed out, playing Mesmer clearly isn’t working out. There comes a time when you need to accept that and try something else.

I’m not saying stop playing Mesmer entirely, delete the character etc, but if you’re wanting to increase your odds of winning, then you’d be best off not playing that class. I know you don’t want to hear this, but after seeing the footage you posted of your gameplay, you didn’t play Mesmer very effectively. Chances are, when you’re playing, the other team see you as a free kill. Again, I’m not trying to be mean, I’m just pointing out the reality.

You really should consider playing Engi for Ranked. I understand you have a problem with your arm, which is why I’d strongly urge you to play a class that doesen’t require the physical dexterity that Mesmer does. You’d be helping not only yourself, but your team as well.

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I’m seeing match after match with 2-4 Wars and DH on the other side and none on mine. It’s very clear that my side is set to lose.

This is not “competitive.”

Yea with two dragonhunters in enemy team it should be very clear which side is set to lose – but it’s not yours.
And yes this is indeed not competitive but it is the reason you are stucked in sapphire and hopefully you will still be there at the end of the season.

But if you message me ingame I can send you some gold because you’ve won the award of the season for the first player who is still complaining about dragonhunters and talking about mmr-hell

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

This season is the worst, it’s hell indeed. I’m only solo Queuing and most of the games even in a lose streak i get teamed with emeralds even Ambers Against Shapphire/Rubys.

Attachments:

MMR hell.. again

in PvP

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

solo q like you

Attachments: