MOBA and other thoughts on spvp

in PvP

Posted by: I Goof Em.6873

I Goof Em.6873

The recent release was great, good on you Arena.net Admitting underwater combat was flawed and getting rid of Capricorn was good. Trying deathmatch very good. Rewarding pvpers with more incentives also very good. I feel like we’re finally making headway towards making GW2 a legitimate pvp game.

Deathmatch will definitely take some examining on balance. I think you should take a look at how to balance the ‘heavy pain trains,’ that is stacking many guardians and warriors and rolling through like a plow. I particularly feel that multiple shout warriors could be very overpowered. I’ve already tested this with just two friends, and the three of us constantly shouting and spamming 2.5k heals, and condition removal on the team, makes it nearly impossible for anyone to die. As much as i love finding the overpowered spec, i am giving you guys a heads up, this could be very bad news for balance.

I’d also like to suggest a MOBA format., that is a match where each team musst work their way past fortifications, and into the heart of the enemy’s keep, to destroy a primary objective to win. The MOBA format is great because its meta still focuses on combat and knowing core game mechanics, but provides a large twist on deployment tactics. A team must balance offense and defense, and gives something more meaningful to destroy, rather than just kill farming. Classic MOBAs involve packs of intermittently spawned NPCs to aid in the war, but i’m not sure that’s entirely necessary in guild wars’ case, as they would get obliterated by AoE or cleave.

Anyway, that’s just food for thought.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

A noba format has been mentioned a lot. It was even mentioned by a dev that a lot of people asked for this.

Its a bit trickier to create than a TDM format so they whent for the easy one first.