Made diamond - still have noob questions

in PvP

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I should know these things but I’ve never bothered to ask.

- What actually goes into your MMR rating? Is it only ranked matches? Is it all time or limited to a recent time? Is it all the professions you play on that account?

- If MMR roughly correlates to lifetime win rate in ranked matches, what is a “good” win rate? I would guess that people who play a really high number of matches tend to end up around 50% – 60% win rate – is that right?

- Noob mechanic question… How do I switch to a different profession in a match? Do I just go to the logout screen and pick a new character?

Thx for the help!

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

- MMR ratings are different in unranked and ranked, so your ranked mmr is only determined by your previous ranked matches. The rating evolve pretty fast depending on wins and loses, so knowing how long ago they started calculating it like that doesn’t mean much. It’s account based, not profession based.

- 60% is the high part of the scale. it’s pretty rare to have more than that. If you maintain over 55% winrate you’re usually a pretty good player on that class.

- yeah, it’s just escape logout character select screen and pick another of your characters

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Thx very much for the help!

I’m right at 66% of ranked games won, but part of that was the process of moving through amber, emerald and sapphire in season 2. I started late, and I guess that put me in a group of good players progressing through.

If MMR is mostly based on recent games, the stretch from amber through sapphire must have pushed my ranking up a bunch.

Now if only I was anywhere near competent on any other profession….