Make Courtyard a different que

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Considering it’s a different game mode and it’s not about rotating/paying attention to points.

And so people who are absolutely terrible at map awareness and rotations can play there instead of conquest.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I would add to the buttons to queue for hotjoin and unranked a small option panel you can open with a button on the corner of their queu buttons. Similar to the chat and inventory options. Click on one, a small list with checkboxes pops, and you can pick the game modes you want to queue for:

• Conquest.
  • Annihilation.
  • Stronghold.

Uncheck the ones you don’t want, and you’ll queue just for those.

As for ranked, unless they adapt the leaderboards to also filter by map, I would not give the option for it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in PvP

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I personally don’t mind for courtyard – if it was tweaked. TDM is a nice concept to throw into casual PvP.

It just needs serious tweaking.

1. Make the room bigger. That dinky little pit counters very mobile classes, like mesmer and thief.

2. Give more time at the start of the match to adjust traits and builds.

3. Even if someone scored 0 points, it’s not always their fault. Give a consolation gain on reward tracks regardless of points.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackTruth.6813

BlackTruth.6813

Another thing is, being “bad” in courtyard will make people rage less because in conquest, it requires more knowledge such as map awareness and holding a point.

All you do in courtyard is kill people so it is a VERY fitting game mode for casuals and NEW PLAYERS.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009
Schwahrheit, #1 Fuhrer NA, Just your everyday typical rager

in PvP

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I would add to the buttons to queue for hotjoin and unranked a small option panel you can open with a button on the corner of their queu buttons. Similar to the chat and inventory options. Click on one, a small list with checkboxes pops, and you can pick the game modes you want to queue for:

• Conquest.
  • Annihilation.
  • Stronghold.

Uncheck the ones you don’t want, and you’ll queue just for those.

As for ranked, unless they adapt the leaderboards to also filter by map, I would not give the option for it.

100% agree with this.

Would be nice if they’d do this and add more maps.

Once they’ve added more maps then they can eventually rework the slider for Ranked/Competitive play and allow a team to ban out certain maps again once they have a much bigger pool.

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

Anet could do something like making more like random arenas in gw1, itll fill the soloq need of some players and also create a new gamemode that will bring in people that do not like conquest or stronghold as pvp modes.