Make Courtyard annihilation, or do this..

in PvP

Posted by: dday.9532

dday.9532

Well a little forward,
My name is DDay, you may have seen me trolling around with Ronald McDonald in NA
Im r80 so i do have a bit of experience, ( Warrior looking for team )
im in college to be a game designer, so i think about this kind of stuff a lot.

Courtyard
I think people have made it pretty obvious something is wrong with courtyard. yet still every time it pops up on map vote people vote for it…

Why? well its a change of pace and definitely has potential, but there a couple changes that need to be made to this map that I believe will give every one a better experience.

Option 1- Annihilation
Now this is speaking mostly for Unranked queue, But every time this map pops up, it is a total blowout for one team.

Why? without proper communication a team will get staggered from respawns ( yes even with 15 sec wave respawn) and will come out on or two at a time, and get stomped repeatedly, ending the game usually 500-0. Sometimes the loosing team will get around 100 points but that is still very one sided. People want close games not blowouts.

This map is decided by the initial engagement, whoever wins the first engagement wins the whole game. So why not make the map no respawn annihilation?

Option 2 – Changes to Respawn/Points
Pretty much the idea behind this is making a two out of three without making a whole new system for it. My idea was increase each kill to 50 pts, with a 90 second wave respawn time. This should give enough time for the entire team to respawn together, while 2 full team wipes will result in a loss ( 10 deaths = loss)

Seperation of queues
Well reading the forums i feel like i am the only one that thinks this is a good thing.

This is a team based game. There should of never been a leaderboard for soloq in the first place. Soloq should be something for fun to do when your teamates/ friends are not online, not to be made competitive. There are far too many discrepancies to make an accurate rating.

This inclusion of unranked queue is great because now people are no longer afraid to hurt their rating by playing with new people. This is great because it encourages people to find others and form new teams. You can solo here queue here, pick up good players on the way, and find a team to play with much more easily.

More teams = Better Gdubs

TLDR; Change courtyard to no respawn annihilation, or 2/3
Seperation of queues/ Unranked queue is a good thing

Good job on the update anet, hope you read this.

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Courtyard is being removed from queues on the 16th.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Fransson.7910

Fransson.7910

thank god. this one is claustrophobic and unpleasant to play

There is no waypoint rezzing in real life,
but there are people who will help you get back up when you are downed
- PalwaJoko

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Thanks everyone.

Now, there is no chance of getting new game modes ever. Enjoy conquest only.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

great i was enjoying that map…

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

To elaborate, Courtyard, Skyhammer, and Spirit Watch will only be in the map rotation if it is “off Season”. Since the PvP Season starts Dec 16th, the above mentioned 3 maps will be gone. However, once the season ends and there is a break until the next season, they will come back.

Hope that makes it all a bit more clear…

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

To elaborate, Courtyard, Skyhammer, and Spirit Watch will only be in the map rotation if it is “off Season”. Since the PvP Season starts Dec 16th, the above mentioned 3 maps will be gone. However, once the season ends and there is a break until the next season, they will come back.

Not exactly.. when we are “in season” those maps will still be here under the “unranked” and of course “practice” forms of play

They will be removed from “ranked” only

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Not exactly.. when we are “in season” those maps will still be here under the “unranked” and of course “practice” forms of play

They will be removed from “ranked” only

Really? I thought in season would remove them from ranked and unranked but keep them in practice.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

all that has to be done is to add rounds. you die, no respawn until everyone on your team dies (spectate people on your team while you wait). then the round ends, everyone (both teams) respawns and begin again. its not rocket science, but anet seem dedicated to shoving any diversity down the drain.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE