Make Ranked aviable on PVP rank >50 !!

in PvP

Posted by: Toasa.1236

Toasa.1236

All those new Players and all those lost games because of them..

Or make it at least Rank >30

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

>80
imo
/15characters

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I disagree with this completely. Their wins/losses will place them properly in the bracket they belong in. There’s no need to lock anyone out of ranked pvp until they are better.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

i agree. The current entrance level (training matches) is too low. People play ranked not knowing maps, rotation and so on. Also it should be per class ….
I also agree if the system sorts out the players in ranked it would be OK but it doesn´t do this well enough at the moment.

Something like a class becomes activated for ranked after 30 victories(in conquest) with it.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

zaced.7948

I disagree with this completely. Their wins/losses will place them properly in the bracket they belong in. There’s no need to lock anyone out of ranked pvp until they are better.

their losses will also place better players they get matched with lower. it makes placement a dice roll.

in PvP

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

i have seen these kind of players winning matches randomly though

in PvP

Posted by: shagwell.1349

shagwell.1349

If you don’t understand the basics of pvp after reaching rank 20, you won’t after rank 30, 50 or 80.

[orz] below mediocre – we sponsor Arenanet
Piken Square EU, maybe soon on your server.

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

rank is completely meaningless

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

their losses will also place better players they get matched with lower. it makes placement a dice roll.

That goes for everyone. Everyone’s win/losses will place them in the right bracket. Even people who consider themselves better won’t always be the better player on their team. Those better players will then feel like they’re being hindered. It’s just the way cookie crumbles. It’s better to worry about one’s own contribution than to worry about the rest of the groups contribution. No one will be the better player on every team they join, for many reasons. But over time, and over many matches, you’ll end up at the skill level bracket you belong in. I think the issue is that people want to play the blame game. “You guys didn’t do this or that.” Instead of saying, “We could have done this different or better.” These same people don’t want to play with the people they think they can blame their losses on. But then, you will be a reason for someone to blame a loss on you.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Rank is meaningless. The only thing that should happen is that new account doesn#t get average MMR – otherwise new players get losses after losses since they are placed above their ability.

Then here is thing like alt accounts. My second account is only rank 30? – doesn’t change the fact that i can win most fights on it because i have thousands games of experience on main account.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

zaced.7948

That goes for everyone. Everyone’s win/losses will place them in the right bracket. Even people who consider themselves better won’t always be the better player on their team. Those better players will then feel like they’re being hindered. It’s just the way cookie crumbles. It’s better to worry about one’s own contribution than to worry about the rest of the groups contribution. No one will be the better player on every team they join, for many reasons. But over time, and over many matches, you’ll end up at the skill level bracket you belong in. I think the issue is that people want to play the blame game. “You guys didn’t do this or that.” Instead of saying, “We could have done this different or better.” These same people don’t want to play with the people they think they can blame their losses on. But then, you will be a reason for someone to blame a loss on you.

you forget the difference in time investment that is needed for people who get the short end of the dice roll. sure, they will end up where they belong but it may take them several hundred games more than somebody who won the dice roll (and perhaps even ranked down after that).

i rolled the dice three times this season. i have one account in t1 plat, 1 in t3 gold and one in t3 bronze. i guess i am far worse when playing the same character with exactly the same build on another account, must be a psychological thing. sure, if i play all accounts a lot, i will probably end up somewhere in t2-t3 gold with all of them. the difference is that with one i have only to lose a few games, with one i have to win a few games and with one i have to quit my job, get a catheter and iv drip and play 24/7 until i’m 80 years old. all based on if someone in my team thought the beginning of the match was a good time to make coffee or just leave the match, somebody thought if you cap close with 4 people it might go faster or somebody thinking he can take on 4 people at mid alone and so on.
thanks but no thanks.

in PvP

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

It is impossible to give players a somewhat accurate rating without a big enough sample size. So it is not surprising that there can be quite a big difference between accounts of the same player after a few games. It is not optimal, but how do you want to change it without causing other issues?

Rank is meaningless. The only thing that should happen is that new account doesn#t get average MMR – otherwise new players get losses after losses since they are placed above their ability.

According to Evan Lesh, new players (which means new to ranked PvP, not neccessarily new to the game) are placed at average MMR, because most of them actually belong there. And matchmaking uses the number of games played in addition to MMR, to match new players with/against other new player.

(edited by UmbraNoctis.1907)

in PvP

zaced.7948

It is impossible to give players a somewhat accurate rating without a big enough sample size. So it is not surprising that there can be quite a big difference between accounts of the same player after a few games. It is not optimal, but how do you want to change it without causing other issues?

ban scrubs and kittens from ranked.