Make Revenants Unable to Queue

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Viper Revenants are ridiculously overpowered, their DPS is unmatched with powerful sustain and CC. They are clearly just broken with no counterplay.

They do require skill but all you really need are 2-3 viper revenants per team to just stomp anyone.

Why didn’t we get a balance patch?

in PvP

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

What a reasonable suggestion. /s

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

Would seriously like to hear from someone at Anet on when they are planning to balance Revs out.

Currently they are kittening kittened beyond belief.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

really?
can you share the build?

i wanna test it out

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Would seriously like to hear from someone at Anet on when they are planning to balance Revs out.

Currently they are kittening kittened beyond belief.

I believe they nerfed Hambow warriors because of their survive-ability, CC and damage.

So, Viper Revenants get a free pass!

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

oh please, the old hambow warriors were never this powerful like revenants of now.

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

yeah Hambow never had teleports

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

fun fact, viper rev has half the damage of a hammer rev.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

lol, good point. To be fair to Revenants, the Viper amulet is the biggest issue. We could just delete the Vipers Amulet as power Revenants doesn’t even come close to compare.

Fun Fact: To play Viper Revenant, you bait out of the condi removal and spam Banish Enchantment. It’s that easy. The confusion does insane damage

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

The thing I say most often in TS these days is “one coming home, another Viper Revenant who thinks he is pro, I should be good” followed by “whats with all these Viper Revanants thinking they’re pro?”

More time practicing less time complaining should fix your issues.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Have you tried CC or condi cleanse?

Comeback and report results.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodi.8932

Zodi.8932

I have played both Power build and condi on my Rev and I can safely say Condi has nothing on Power. In Condi you die to fast and lose the ability to buff the party. Guy who made this post is just a troll. On top of that I rarely ever see Condi Revs. Dragonhunters on the other hand there are about 3-4 per game.

If you want to talk seriously about nerfs then Dragonhunter is in serious need of one. Long before anyone else

in PvP

Schurge.5194

I have played both Power build and condi on my Rev and I can safely say Condi has nothing on Power. In Condi you die to fast and lose the ability to buff the party. Guy who made this post is just a troll. On top of that I rarely ever see Condi Revs. Dragonhunters on the other hand there are about 3-4 per game.

If you want to talk seriously about nerfs then Dragonhunter is in serious need of one. Long before anyone else

Neither the Dragon Hunter or the Revanant are in “serious need” of nerfs. Most of the people who frequent the forums are in serious need of “learning to play.”

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodi.8932

Zodi.8932

Neither the Dragon Hunter or the Revanant are in “serious need” of nerfs. Most of the people who frequent the forums are in serious need of “learning to play.”

The Dragonhunter not needing a nerf argument is the biggest lie around. I rolled A Dragonhunter and having never played it before steam rolled the opposing teams just by spamming traps and bow skills.

If your argument back to me is the typical: Dodge traps or move away then clearly you dont know that Dragonhunter has 2 pulls to keep you trapped inside

in PvP

Schurge.5194

The Dragonhunter not needing a nerf argument is the biggest lie around. I rolled A Dragonhunter and having never played it before steam rolled the opposing teams just by spamming traps and bow skills.

If your argument back to me is the typical: Dodge traps or move away then clearly you dont know that Dragonhunter has 2 pulls to keep you trapped inside

I did the same on my Mallyx / Herald (Marauder) Revenant winning 1vX not knowing what I was doing. I’ve yet to try the Dragon Hunter but I don’t doubt I would face roll people with it too.

People will learn to deal with conditions about the same time they learn to dodge into nodes when Dragon Hunters are about… which is never as condi-burst has been around three years longer then DH traps.

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I’ve tried CC. They constantly have 2 stacks of stability when they dodge roll. And if I CC, I sometimes get taunted for 4 seconds.

I’ve tried immob or chill or blind… But they have resistance.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

Most ignorant post of the month hands down. Not only do you make a completely dubious claim, but you make zero effort to even support your claim that dragonhunters and heralds arent in drastic need of of nerfing. If you can’t plainly see that you’re wrong you’re either purposely being disingenuous in defense of something you play or you simply are not experienced enough to hold a valid opinion.

in PvP

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

really?
can you share the build?

i wanna test it out

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Herald_-_Condition_Mallyx

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I’ve tried CC. They constantly have 2 stacks of stability when they dodge roll. And if I CC, I sometimes get taunted for 4 seconds.

Have you tried CCing when their stacks of stabilities are gone? Have you tried Immob or chill when they are not in mallyx stance?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Have you tried CCing when their stacks of stabilities are gone? Have you tried Immob or chill when they are not in mallyx stance?

lol, all smart Revenants carry Enchanced Bulwark and have you even tried Shiros? You know, the instant stunbreak, dodge and removes chill, cripple and immobilize? You CANNOT trap a Revenant with conditions or CC.

Oh, there is no need for Glints stance, with the power from Mallyx and the mobility from Shiro you got everything you need to kill people. Revenants that use Glint are just holding themselves back.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

Well, I died while waiting for the stacks of stability to be gone. Or I was fighting for my life to remove those condis when it happened. Maybe I missed this opportunity. I need to learn to play.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

lol, all smart Revenants carry Enchanced Bulwark and have you even tried Shiros? You know, the instant stunbreak, dodge and removes chill, cripple and immobilize? You CANNOT trap a Revenant with conditions or CC.

Oh, there is no need for Glints stance, with the power from Mallyx and the mobility from Shiro you got everything you need to kill people. Revenants that use Glint are just holding themselves back.

These are the counters presented on Meta battle:

Getting Chain CC’d while in Mallyx stance
Heavy boon removal combined with high condi pressure.

= Pretty hard to counter a Revenant with this build.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Alekt.5803

I looked through my elementalist’s utilities and did not see a boon removal. Though, I noticed that I could use Sigil of Nullification. Clearly a learn to play issue here.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

Most Viper rev’s are awful so unless you’re playing at a very high mmr it doesn’t really matter.

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

anyone have a link to the build thats really op? just want to see it

in PvP

EdgarMTanaka.7291

really?
can you share the build?

i wanna test it out

In my opinion this is just one of them, there is also an extra tanky version also.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

it’s a melee condi build homes.

manage your condis and kill them. they have like 16k hp and poor stunbreak access.
sure, they use blocks but just use an unblockable skill.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

EdgarMTanaka.7291

it’s a melee condi build homes.

manage your condis and kill them. they have like 16k hp and poor stunbreak access.
sure, they use blocks but just use an unblockable skill.

I have got some work for you now.

Just use an unblockable skill you say? Now what I want you to do is give me atleast one unblockable skill/trait for every class that will turn the tide of the battle against a Revenant with Crystal Hibernation for example.

in PvP

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

The best counter I can think of is necromancer with corrupt boon if they use it after he swaps out of Mallyx, provided that it doesn’t get dodged but it is unblockable. The thing is, most reapers are running way less boon removal than they did preHOT by dropping curses and sticking with signets and the boon strip rRNG makes the signets quite impractical for boonstrip of specific books like resistance on their own, and without corrupt boon or path of corruption the reaper will usually be unable to win this matchup.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Yep playing a pretty strong bunker condi build, my experience has been as such: Can handle most meta builds 1vX.. The only thing having real issues vs is a good condi reaper with corrupt.. The other issue comes vs 2x tempest or the inability to kill a diamond ele in the same year.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Viper Revenants are ridiculously overpowered, their DPS is unmatched with powerful sustain and CC. They are clearly just broken with no counterplay.

They do require skill but all you really need are 2-3 viper revenants per team to just stomp anyone.

Why didn’t we get a balance patch?

CC CC CC CC CC CC CC

CC them problem solved. Hell it even says it in metabattle what the weakness is

Counters
- Getting Chain CC’d while in Mallyx stance
- Heavy boon removal combined with high condi pressure.

Revenants have very limited access to heals when they role mallyx / shiro. They can only self-sestain for so long or rotate out of the fight. In other words they are not good in many 1 on 1 situations either so if you catch one alone….destroy them.

The same could be said about most classes. Can you imagine a 5 team DH? I am falling over thinking about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

That guy, OP. He always delivers.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

OP is a major a**f*c* . He boasts about farming soloQ. Complain about how many pips are in a tier, demanding for a shortcut and now, disallow revenants from queuing.

That’s right, deny all of you revenants from playing so he could go on easy street. every thread he start is either a whine/complain (coz too noob, no skill) or to boast and gloat.

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Either I haven’t faced one of these viper revs yet or they’re really not that strong because I haven’t faced a revenant yet to give me any real trouble.

Revs need a buff if anything.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

really?
can you share the build?

i wanna test it out

In my opinion this is just one of them, there is also an extra tanky version also.

can you share the tanky one?
i really hate dying.

thanks!

in PvP

Posted by: Scandi.5693

Scandi.5693

I learned that when you kill a revenant, do it at range, dont stomp. Their downed state dps is painful. But they still die

Mistress Savant of the Asuran Dominion.

in PvP

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

You wont believe it..but get DD for viper rev.

Post your results. Ty.

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

in PvP

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

really?
can you share the build?

i wanna test it out

can you share the tanky one?
i really hate dying.

thanks!

It is in there, under variants as far as I can see…

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

It’s honestly mental how Anet are waiting till the end of the season to do a balance patch. Like, Anet, nobody’s going to get mad at you for disrupting the meta and doing you’re job. Balance that disgusting class already. Selling more copies of HoT because of how OP they are isn’t worth the infuriation your causing to the PvP community.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: sinject.4607

sinject.4607

OP is a major a**f*c* . He boasts about farming soloQ. Complain about how many pips are in a tier, demanding for a shortcut and now, disallow revenants from queuing.

That’s right, deny all of you revenants from playing so he could go on easy street. every thread he start is either a whine/complain (coz too noob, no skill) or to boast and gloat.

People are abusing PvP because many, like myself, no longer find it fun because of things like Herald. Not to say I throw games when I get Heralds on my team, but I suddenly find myself “playing a lot worse” every time I do have one on my team and that sadly means we lose most of the time. Guess that’s just what happens when you don’t take the game seriously anymore because of people who actively contribute to making the game worse by playing obviously overpowered builds. Oh well.

And to say that players who are tired of Heralds “just want it easy” is laughably ironic when the vast majority of people playing Herald are only playing it because of how wildly overrewarding it is.

in PvP

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

Well, revenants (if the player know how to play) are extremely annoying, being almost unkillable, full of buffs, and with big damage plus conditions. Obviouslly overpowered, I suppose to promote the buy of HoT expansion (aka: Pay to Win). In some months that class will be nerfed to hell.

(edited by NeHoMaR.9812)

in PvP

Posted by: Chip Skylark.2367

Chip Skylark.2367

Anyone that thinks Revs are fine knows nothing about the state of PvP.

Talk to any of the top ESL players and they will agree. Viper Rev is broken. Top ESL teams are running two of them in a meta where NO OTHER class is able to rock an amulet with zero defensive stats without becoming a free kill.

Seriously, stop commenting if you know nothing about PvP, you come off as a kittening idiot.

Insane AoE condi burst on (pretty much) zero cooldown. 5 Heals (2 legend heals + shield block + auto shield block trait + shield 4), short cd invincibility with UA, quickness, resistance, boon ripping, almost-guaranteed rez of downed players, zero cd dodge that refills endurance, the list goes on. And nothing about them is gimmicky like DH traps.

If you think this is ok, you really have no hope at ever understanding Gw2 PvP.

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Aww, QQ more scrub.

Our best and unbeatable team comp is 3 viper revenants, 1 bunker ele and a bunker mesmer.

So let me explain how high level play works for this. All you need is 3 Revenants to focus a target and they die, quickly.
CC, boon removal, 20 stacks of Torment, stacks of confusion, chill, burning, poison.

We run into a team fight and some enemy dies in 5 seconds regardless of how tanky they are.

The problem with Viper Revenants is you cannot really stop them, you can damage them but an auramancer ele will keep them alive, mobile and strong. Good viper Revenants will go through your blocks, eat all your CC and continue to smash whatever they set their eyes on.

Reapers, scrappers, dragonhunters have some pretty strong DPS, but pale in comparison to viper revenants which has the added benefit of unstoppable DPS.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)