Make SoloQ Rank 20+ only?

in PvP

Posted by: Taci.8125

Taci.8125

Well, playing soloQ has been a pain lately. A lot of clueless players are joining and it’s pretty hard to carry a match with 1/2 players who have no idea what to do.

I remember we had tickets once, and you had to acquire chests from hotjoin to be able to play tourney so you had to know at least map mechanics to be able to play them.

Wouldnt it be nice to have something like that on SoloQ?

Maybe not only for rank 20’s, but at least 10.

SoloQ is so frustrating cause you always get low rank’s and it is just based on luck now.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Has been brought up a lot of times, ANet doesn’t want it for some reason.

in PvP

Posted by: Jakkson.4076

Jakkson.4076

Why add something that makes total sense? Much better to let the player base get frustrated!

Don’t hate the player hate the game

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Why add something that makes total sense? Much better to let the player base get frustrated!

Because of ANet

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I’d give anything for a minimum rank for soloque at least so people understand the map mechanics. Also the MMR system is horribly bad. I had gotten to the top 100 soloque (as much as people want to say it it is all luck in reality it is 50% luck 50% a good build that can carry a team fight.) Once I got there I started looking up teammates after a match…. More often than not I would see people who’s highest rank was 400, 500, even some that were in the %’s or people that just plain werent on the leaderboard at all (and these guys had legendaries! GASP)

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Taci.8125

Taci.8125

Because of ANet

wow .

If it was already asked then I’ll just get over it really. Anet never listened to us anyway. lol

meh

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Wouldn’t need Rank requirements if the match making system actually worked. New players are seeded too high initially.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Wouldn’t need Rank requirements if the match making system actually worked. New players are seeded too high initially.

Actually I think new players start out pretty near the bottom of the active playerbase.

I do think glicko2 is a little too volatile to account for the obviously large variables inherent in a solo queue situation. I wonder if it’s possible to use exactly the same system, but just to cut whatever plus/minus to MMR from each match result in half?

So for example, if I win three games as a new player, instead of gaining +1300 MMR and shooting to the top 300 on the leaderboard, maybe I should only gain +650 MMR. If I lose three games straight, maybe I shouldn’t fall as far. Glicko2 is a very accurate system, but maybe we should “trust” it less given the natural variables of solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

It’s game for PvE players. If PvE player want go SoloQ and can not do it he will too much cry. Kind ANet can not deal with it, so make it free for anybody

in PvP

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

But gusie, im rank 6 but I does a ton of vww and beet the craps out of every1. Rnk meens nuthing, I beet r80s every days.

On a more serious note, that’s the excuse they always go for. True, having a high rank isn’t necessarily a proof of skill, but people with low ranks are generally bads, and even if they were ‘skilled’, they lack enough map knowledge, awareness, comps and general experience that is pvp. It is NEVER a good idea to match high-ranks with lowbies just trying the game mode out.

Either fix the matchmaking system, or at least put a rank requirement to the arena so people actually know better than to ‘rambo come at me bro’ off the points.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i’d be fine with this if they bring back 8v8 hotjoin and remove the hotjoin reward cap.
until then, everyone is forced into tournaments since 5v5 hotjoin is a failure and the reward cap just amplifies the issue.

in PvP

Posted by: DaliIndica.9041

DaliIndica.9041

i’d be fine with this if they bring back 8v8 hotjoin and remove the hotjoin reward cap.
until then, everyone is forced into tournaments since 5v5 hotjoin is a failure and the reward cap just amplifies the issue.

Its strange really but they have kinda patched hotjoin out of the game now, its becoming a pointless addition. Only ANet can actively sabotage their own game and call it progress.