Make every div like ruby +

in PvP

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

A lot of people, me included have hit a wall and can’t improve. We are stuck with 20-30% win rate or worse at our div/tier.
So lets say your match making is perfect, that means we are stuck because our mmr is too low for the div/tier we are in. The first 3 divs you can’t lose tiers. That means once you are in a tier where you shouldn’t be you are stuck more or less forever because you’ll be always on the losing side of matches due to lower than avg mmr, with no wins and no chance to improve your mmr.
Let us lose tiers drop down to where we belong and get into 50/50 win loss range and a chance to improve our mmr and move back up again.

in PvP

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

A lot of people, me included have hit a wall and can’t improve. We are stuck with 20-30% win rate or worse at our div/tier.
So lets say your match making is perfect, that means we are stuck because our mmr is too low for the div/tier we are in. The first 3 divs you can’t lose tiers. That means once you are in a tier where you shouldn’t be you are stuck more or less forever because you’ll be always on the losing side of matches due to lower than avg mmr, with no wins and no chance to improve your mmr.
Let us lose tiers drop down to where we belong and get into 50/50 win loss range and a chance to improve our mmr and move back up again.

Won’t happen. This goes against their core philosophy of that every player, no matter what skill, would be able to create the legendary back piece through shear grinding. Unless the backpiece, or future rewards, are only rewarded to top players, the system will remain.

in PvP

Posted by: velmeister.4187

velmeister.4187

Unless the backpiece, or future rewards, are only rewarded to top players, the system will remain.

I proposed that in season 1 and was flamed because ANET wants to make PvP popular and increase participation. If that’s the case, and rightfully so, then ANET needs to think about starting a pre-season and add a barrier to league entry.

I think at a minimum people should be r80 to participate in a league. This will give impetus to lot of people to prepare and play instead of roll and play.

“If there is anyone here whom I have not offended, I am sorry.”

in PvP

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

Unless the backpiece, or future rewards, are only rewarded to top players, the system will remain.

I proposed that in season 1 and was flamed because ANET wants to make PvP popular and increase participation. If that’s the case, and rightfully so, then ANET needs to think about starting a pre-season and add a barrier to league entry.

I think at a minimum people should be r80 to participate in a league. This will give impetus to lot of people to prepare and play instead of roll and play.

+1

Ranked needs some form of preseason desperately.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

nonononono. Not ruby+. Make it diamond+

Ruby in a lot of ways is the worst possible division. You have a lot of people who got there by grinding, but not can’t advanced because of the tier pip loss. You end up with a lot of bads there.

in PvP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Ruby in a lot of ways is the worst possible division. You have a lot of people who got there by grinding, but not can’t advanced because of the tier pip loss. You end up with a lot of bads there.

…but then you have those people in diamond, so what gives?

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Ruby and Diamond are cheated by premades.

When I say “cheated” ofc I mean in a good sense, system let premades to go against soloer and this makes unbalanced games.

The majority of the games in Ruby+ are decided from beginning if there is a unbalanced situation in builds balance (for example no ele in 1 side and ele in another side) and in general by TS premades only in 1 side.

I understand Anet can’t filter every unbalanced matchup so I suggested in another topic at least to limit the damage for soloer, let them to not lose pips if they lost an unbalanced game (from a roster size view, easy to detect for the system, is only a matter of roster size matchup, like 4-1 vs 11111 etc.)

With a well designed build template system, Anet could balance betters builds in each side of a pvp game, but for now is not possible.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Oops. I meant to say protect Diamond from the Ruby people. I won’t want them in Diamond.

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Dude, are you trying to up the suicide rate in the US?? although I would like that system, but we need a better MMR system before this can be implemented.

in PvP

velmeister.4187

Oops. I meant to say protect Diamond from the Ruby people. I won’t want them in Diamond.

I strongly recommend you contact Donald Trump to build a wall between Ruby and Diamond. That may help.

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I strongly recommend you contact Donald Trump to build a wall between Ruby and Diamond. That may help.

Golden

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

NovaanVerdiano.6174

2am and I’m laughing my kitten off, thanks

in PvP

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

You can pay some guy with good MMR to team with you and you will win every game you play to fix your MMR.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I think the grinding ends in Emerald. I was stuck for days. If players make it to Sapphire, they have some skills. I think the system is about right as it is.

Consider this; one of the requirements of advancing the ascension is to cross division barriers. If the divisions could be lost at lower levels.. then why not throw a couple of games on amber and cross into Emerald multiple times?

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: cosmicegg.8502

cosmicegg.8502

I think they all should be lose pip- lose tier divisions. No one would be carried unless you stayed with him all the way to legend. Then all the players will see where they rate on the pip ladder. The real league right now starts at ruby and everything till then is just garbage prelims.

Lea Moonbow
Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Just wait until more casuals push through the assured low tiers and then once they reach sapphire/ruby you’ll be matched against them again and you’ll be able to farm them again.

I don’t have the metrics to say for sure but I’m willing to bet that a lot of people play <5 ranked games a day, just to complete their daily achievements. These people are still in Emerald and Sapphire. Once they push up into Ruby then Ruby will get much easier.

The real league right now starts at ruby and everything till then is just garbage prelims.

Is that even that bad?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m an example.. I played 10+ hours a day to get to Sapphire. I was running a bad build in the early games and got into mmr hell.

There really isn’t anything casual about pushing through solo. This is even more true after you lose a few games. If there were division losses in the lower tiers, it would alienate a lot of players.

It would also enable farming the division crossing achievement. Cross into Emerald, lose a few, cross into Emerald again, “et voila” achievement done.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I think the grinding ends in Emerald. I was stuck for days. If players make it to Sapphire, they have some skills. I think the system is about right as it is.

Consider this; one of the requirements of advancing the ascension is to cross division barriers. If the divisions could be lost at lower levels.. then why not throw a couple of games on amber and cross into Emerald multiple times?

Because it wouldn’t count; you only get rewards and everything related to it once per season, no matter how often you cross a tier.

in PvP

velmeister.4187

Forceful display of both stupidity and arrogance plague this subforum these days.

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

just got into ruby and its been a horrible experience… just getting matched with players on my team that rotate horribly,… I’m not sure what to do, I hope this is temporary

in PvP

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

If anet did it and let the division could fall back to amber, we would not be experiencing this problem with the bad players up division, but not anet want to be good with everyone, and pvp is competitive and not giving charity.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

You can pay some guy with good MMR to team with you and you will win every game you play to fix your MMR.

Lies. I had my only loss streak when playing with a friend and his gf. They were terrible, and there is nothing 1 good player can do to counter having two bad players on his roaster every match. Nice people, but I still have nightmares of those matches. Maybe if the player is good enough to routinely win 2v1s, but I don’t think that should happen in spvp if the other players aren’t incompetent. At most you should be able to 1v1 others, if you are winning 2v1 and 3v1, you are playing bads. Sure it happens, but to carry another player is more difficult than it sounds.