Make it so trait procing cannot crit

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

This is for the new up and coming traits, where some skills are triggered upon a certain condition.

This is sort of an issue as of right now, nothing game breaking but I’ve seen it where Spinal Shivers hit 2k. I’ve also been victimized to a downed Necromancer hit 7k because of a crit from Spinal Shivers Crit, Fire Sigil and Air Sigil triggered.

This will also benefit play styles that do not rely on critical and prevent some traits from becoming more powerful than intended.

_

I don’t mind Sigils Triggering at once, if anything I love it. I do mind when both traits and Sigils trigger at the same time, makes for a very chancy gameplay.

Make it so Sigils and Traits cannot critically hit, only weapon skills or minion attacks can critically hit.

(edited by Nova Stiker.8396)

in PvP

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

How would that work for static discharge? Its an ability that does damage for using toolbelt skills that has to be traited for..ugh this is confusing

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Spinal shivers hit 2K? I’m constantly getting hit around 5K by spinal shivers, lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

How would that work for static discharge? Its an ability that does damage for using toolbelt skills that has to be traited for..ugh this is confusing

They’ve done this before on Mug (Thief trait) that prevents it from crit-ing.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Spinal shivers hit 2K? I’m constantly getting hit around 5K by spinal shivers, lol.

I’m tanky, often with protection.

I’m all for Necromancers being dangerous when you are at low health. I’m not okay with Necromancers 1-shotting anyone below 50% health, Spinal Shivers and Close to Death are way to good together, combine with the Sigils it can make for a very uncounterable burst.

What is originally a 1 second casting time, becomes instant and also benefits greatly with Close to Death.

Granted, Fire and Air procs can still happen due to the fact you must hit your target but at least the instant cast Spinal Shivers won’t completely eat your health.

_

Mug also received the same treatment for the same reason, unless you had a stun break off recharge, Mug, CoD, Backstab, Heartseeker, dead.

Mug behaves different from Chill of Death though, adding damage to a skill vs. trait procing although has the same problem, instant cast. You can smash the thief into the floor but Steal would hit ~5k damage, down you and his butt would still be on the floor.

_

Regarding Static Discharge, engineers are getting a 5th utility. Either that trait might disappear or should receive the same treatment.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

They compensated with healing but Mug is not a “skill”. Are we going to add healing to all of them power,condition based etc? I am not being sarcastic I don’t like the idea of crit and ferocity was going to far but many specs survive due to it.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I’m all for Necromancers being dangerous when you are at low health. I’m not okay with Necromancers 1-shotting anyone below 50% health, Spinal Shivers and Close to Death are way to good together, combine with the Sigils it can make for a very uncounterable burst.

It’s getting nerfed anyway, and the counter is Los, blocks, quickness stomps, stealth stomps, not being a boon spammer, not being a medi guard.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

It’s getting nerfed anyway, and the counter is Los, blocks, quickness stomps, stealth stomps, not being a boon spammer, not being a medi guard.

I just hope it gets nerfed the right way as I have no problem with the idea of the trait.
Same thing with static discharge, I have no problem with the extra damage blasting out and will get better with a 5th utility.

But with critical hits, it turns traits more powerful than what it can be balanced for.

in PvP

Frightlight.3796

But the whole point of static discharge is to crit as much as you can as fast as you can if you get rid of the critting your losing pretty much the entire build

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

But the whole point of static discharge is to crit as much as you can as fast as you can if you get rid of the critting your losing pretty much the entire build

True, but engineers are getting a 5th toolbelt skill. I wouldn’t be surprised that skill disappears altogether next major patch, as focusing your entire playstyle on an Adept trait is not ideal game design :p
It would be like playing Pokemon and your team is focusing on abusing Bubblebeam XD

Now if it was grandmaster and it grants 100% critical chance on all toolbelt skills, I wouldn’t be against that.

in PvP

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

They compensated with healing but Mug is not a “skill”. Are we going to add healing to all of them power,condition based etc? I am not being sarcastic I don’t like the idea of crit and ferocity was going to far but many specs survive due to it.

All I’m saying is that it is doable that they have done it before. Any balancing issue is beyond the point I’m responding to.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

You’re going to hate our 1.5k crit Aegis burst then
Make that a 4k Aegis burst if my team is around you..
Oh, make that an 8k Aegis burst when I pop “Retreat” right afterwards.
..Oh and…. !

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

You’re going to hate our 1.5k crit Aegis burst then
Make that a 4k Aegis burst if my team is around you..
Oh, make that an 8k Aegis burst when I pop “Retreat” right afterwards.
..Oh and…. !

Yeah… No.

Shattered Aegis is awful. Using Aegis offensively is an awful idea. Giving Aegis the option to be offensive is bad design.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i think they are nerfing necro downstate dmg but yeah right now, it is either pop invul/stealth before he targets you or get insta gibbed by all the procs

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

i think they are nerfing necro downstate dmg but yeah right now, it is either pop invul/stealth before he targets you or get insta gibbed by all the procs

lol, pretty much, Lava Tomb is a threat but can be avoided. The thiefs Back Fighting also hurts a ton but the thief has such little amount of downed health to start with.

in PvP

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Offensive sigils shouldn’t proc at the same time or work together if you ask me.

Doom & Geo is stupidly strong together.
As is fire and sigil, it’s just unavoidable burst.

But yeah, traits that have a proc effect shouldn’t crit, you shouldn’t be rewarded so much for getting a proc that will only land when you actually hit the enemy to begin with.

They should make it so if say.. Incendiary powder is now off cooldown, I’m about to shoot a thief, he dodges, Incendiary powder is now on it’s 10 second cooldown and it didn’t hit the thief.

Unavoidable damage and passive play builds just need to leave the game, you shouldn’t be rewarded for getting a proc that can’t be avoided.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

(edited by JoshuaRAWR.4653)

in PvP

Cynz.9437

A start would be making it so fire and air sigils can’t be used together.

When one procs, it puts the other on cooldown as well.

i am all up for it but then celestials will be unkillable
as much as i hate double proc myself, it is kind of necessary evil in current meta

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

A start would be making it so fire and air sigils can’t be used together.

When one procs, it puts the other on cooldown as well.

That’s a bit off-topic maybe too much but sure state your opinion. Let’s remind ourselves that 2 “RNG” stats exists in game 1 went too far so chancy mechanics are here permanently at least to an extent.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

(edited by Sagat.3285)

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Offensive sigils shouldn’t proc at the same time or work together if you ask me.

Correction: Doom is stupidly strong. Geomancy I can shrug off no problem. I love that Battle Sigil and Might boon got nerfed, but… Doom? Perma poison legit? I miss something?

Then again, having Chill slowing Attunement recharge is legit apparently while other classes can still swap weapons no problem. Allow Chill be the ‘ele killer’ for all the wrong reasons.

Fire and Air are not the issue.

Sure, Fresh air is strong, but if Electric Discharge can no longer hit a critical, that’s 2k-3k damage taking out of Fresh Air spiking.

in PvP

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Yeah, sorry everyone, it’s late and i was writing out a reply, then edited it several times before i was happy with what i was trying to say.

Correction: Doom is stupidly strong. Geomancy I can shrug off no problem. I love that Battle Sigil and Might boon got nerfed, but… Doom? Perma poison legit? I miss something?

I find geomancy insanely strong, If i remember correctly and I’m not thinking about a different sigil, i think an uncleansed doom and geo can deal upwards of 4k+ damage, just for a weapon swap.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

(edited by JoshuaRAWR.4653)

in PvP

Frightlight.3796

True, but engineers are getting a 5th toolbelt skill. I wouldn’t be surprised that skill disappears altogether next major patch, as focusing your entire playstyle on an Adept trait is not ideal game design :p
It would be like playing Pokemon and your team is focusing on abusing Bubblebeam XD

Now if it was grandmaster and it grants 100% critical chance on all toolbelt skills, I wouldn’t be against that.

Actually we still have static discharge in the new traits just mixed with kit refinement and you would not want 100% crit chance on toolbelt skills unless you wana see grenade barrage one shotting groups

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Actually we still have static discharge in the new traits just mixed with kit refinement and you would not want 100% crit chance on toolbelt skills unless you wana see grenade barrage one shotting groups

I’m just tossing out ideas, the point stands having your core trait being adept isn’t ideal game design. I’m not saying it’s bad or broken, just that it could be better.

And lets be honest, do you really want Static Discharge to be the engineers best spiking build? Wouldn’t you rather have something more fun?

in PvP

Frightlight.3796

I’m just tossing out ideas, the point stands having your core trait being adept isn’t ideal game design.

And lets be honest, do you really want Static Discharge to be the engineers best spiking build? Wouldn’t you rather have something more fun?

I have posted ideas on changing it like an idea of it stacking 1 charge per crit with a 1 sec cd once you hit 3 stacks it explodes for aoe damage, but the idea was tied into things I would like with hammer

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

I’m just tossing out ideas, the point stands having your core trait being adept isn’t ideal game design.

I have posted ideas on changing it like an idea of it stacking 1 charge per crit with a 1 sec cd once you hit 3 stacks it explodes for aoe damage, but the idea was tied into things I would like with hammer

I like that idea.
Plus you can have counterplay based on the number of charges you see.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

a bit of topic, but would also love proc icons for IP and such… would really help

All is Vain~

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

a bit of topic, but would also love proc icons for IP and such… would really help

There are a lot of traits that could use animation.

Like why isn’t there any traits that affect the color of Death Shroud?

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Art team is busy with 700 gem outfits and 600 gem fans.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

They REALLY need to change that system :\
At first the Gem Store was just super dry, but now there are more outfits and weapon skins than the community can handle, how much more do they really need?

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

They REALLY need to change that system :\
At first the Gem Store was just super dry, but now there are more outfits and weapon skins than the community can handle, how much more do they really need?

More like, couldn’t the actual game use some of those. :S

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Back onto topic.

With the new trait system coming, I really hope ArenaNet keeps a close eye on the damage from procs. Critical hits can do a lot of damage in a very short time.

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

People are really upset with all this ‘trait’ or ‘sigil’ procing for high damage.

So I am bumping this, an easy solution to balancing this problem.

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

People are really upset with all this ‘trait’ or ‘sigil’ procing for high damage.

I completely despise OP’s who bump their own dying threads without adding something new to the discussion…

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

I completely despise OP’s who bump their own threads without adding something new to the discussion…

Oh yeah, let’s just contribute to the QQing sigils and trait procing threads. Because more QQ and no solutions to fixing the problem, fixes the problem.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Nerf-Runes-Sigils-Say-NO-to-RNG-1/first#post5088548
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Vee-Wee-s-Thoughts-About-GW2/first#post5088532
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Random-Procs-Spinal-shivers-air-fire
Hate me as much as you’d like, I’m still right :P

in PvP

Saiyan.1704

I completely despise OP’s who bump their own threads without adding something new to the discussion…

Oh yeah, let’s just contribute to the QQing sigils and trait procing threads. Because more QQ and no solutions to fixing the problem, fixes the problem.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Nerf-Runes-Sigils-Say-NO-to-RNG-1/first#post5088548
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Vee-Wee-s-Thoughts-About-GW2/first#post5088532
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Random-Procs-Spinal-shivers-air-fire
Hate me as much as you’d like, I’m still right :P

Actually, making an entirely new QQ thread or posting on one That’s Already On The Front Page is more productive and is likely to get your point accross than bumping a 14d old thread.

It’s just a personal pet peeve. Doesn’t matter at this point.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I’ll agree to support getting rid of chill of death since that’s what every complaint seems to be about these days if we do something about getting insta killed from stealth, unkillable condition clearing warriors, infinite block mediguards, 2100 range pew pew rangers, infinite dodge theives, celestial rifle engis, moa, celestial elementalists, fresh air eles.

Unless of course necro is just meant to be the one without that little something special because right now chill of death is pretty much all we got.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I’ll agree to support getting rid of chill of death since that’s what every complaint seems to be about these days if we do something about getting insta killed from stealth, unkillable condition clearing warriors, infinite block mediguards, 2100 range pew pew rangers, infinite dodge theives, celestial rifle engis, moa, celestial elementalists, fresh air eles.

Unless of course necro is just meant to be the one without that little something special because right now chill of death is pretty much all we got.

Well tbh nerfing Sigils would stop most of those builds being as powerful as they are.. I was going to type more but I think thats enough as long as the reader just goes through them all and imagines them with all Swap and Proc Sigils sharing CD again.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

the only reason these sigils do so much is because of the dps/ no healing/ toughness meta where most people for go toughness and healing power for Vit and active defences.

nurfing the sigils only re-enforces that making it easier to rely on active defences only.

i see the new system adding more effects on trigger and keeping the sigils the same to promote damage build types to incorporate atleast some other means to effectively negate or reduce that sigil damage.

the way they have set up the traits by not having stats tied to traits anymore means these active defence builds can’t use stats from traits to cover weaknesses , and that in turn means they ether:

1. have to change / alter there build to regain that lost survivalbility from vit/toughness/power stats lost from traits.

2. change Sigils for more defensive sigils rather than the classic Doom, Air,fire ect if they want to keep using full damage gear and traits.

this way they can#t have best of both worlds without actually giving something up or showing a clear weakness that isn#t covered by % stats or stat increases now your base damage is directly tied to your gear choices rather than covering that up with support stats from traits.

those dps/damage support builds just got more squishy and more prone to suprise attacks , somehow they will have to compensate that weakness else where ether in the traits or a change of runes or Amulet.

and from that Sigils become a option of what does my build need rather than what does the most damage.

in PvP

Nova Stiker.8396

Well tbh nerfing Sigils would stop most of those builds being as powerful as they are.. I was going to type more but I think thats enough as long as the reader just goes through them all and imagines them with all Swap and Proc Sigils sharing CD again.

Lets be honest here, Sigils aren’t exactly ideally setup.

There is no indication when Sigils or Runes go on cooldown. How about an icon IN your health bar? Why is it a % chance on crit? Increase the recharge and have it activate on critical, don’t have a chance of a chance.

Not to mention a lot of Sigils vastly outshining others at this point.

I remember when LoL had a dodge mechanic, it was terrible because of the RNG. You can get a person very low, super close to dying and they’ll dodge your next 3 attacks, get away, at a 5% chance to dodge.

ArenaNet PvP team needs to step it up, they have no idea how disappointed I was that Arcane Precision still exists in the new trait preview. That is beta !@#$ design. It’s ArenaNets shining shame that they really need to step up their game if they want to bring people back to PvP.

_

I hate to say it, I love GW2 PvP but I feel defeated. I’d be happy to help, got 4k hours playing, I know some people with 5-6k game time. Like my PvP suggestions don’t matter. A warrior trait that DOUBLES the effectiveness of leaps. Cool! Warriors have only 1 combo field on 1 weapon…
ArenaNet is doing their best to keep the game fun and balanced but their ideas look lackluster :\

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I don’t see anything wrong with making Air/Fire/Blood exclusive to one another. Seems like that alone would fix a lot of issues. You get to pick your flavor and doesn’t screw up the rest of the sigils.

As for traits, I’ve always wanted less bursty/rng traits and more transformative style traits what are predictable but influence the way you build/play (Like the NEW Dhuumfire for example). Unfortunately, they’ve already done a huge pass over and many of them still exist. Seems like a missed opportunity but, what are you gunna do? :/