Make it to top1000 and escape the frustration

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

All my matches since entering the top 1000 on the leader boards have been great. No need for me to be typing constantly like a mad man in team chat because everyone know what they need to do. Everyone is playing proper build and it have been very refreshing to say the lest.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Just wait.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Just wait.

-he doesn’t know the truth behind leaderboard rank yet, don’t spoil it.

in PvP

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Rank on leaderboards != MMR, but yes OP congratulations on getting out of the gutter que. It’s always fun to look down on the peasants here and listen to their tales of from the trench.

in PvP

vincecontix.1264

Just wait.

I know it doesn’t really mean anything but since getting ranked I haven’t had to deal with multiple people capping a point, players always rushing far at the start and dying, players always zerging, players with terribad builds, playing constantly fighting off points, player solo engaging bunker guard or banner regen wars on fully capped points, players that don’t understand skyhammer or spirit watch(dislike this maps but meh), player that engage in fights that dont accomplish anything(seen so may player jump into a 3v1 situation wtf!).

Actually since getting to 90% my gaming experienced has greatly improved and there is a very noticeable difference in skill. There were times I got really frustrated with the level of in-experience and incompetence of some players. I wondered why even play soloq if I just am constantly getting annoyed. Things do seem to change as you get higher and that has been my experience so far.

Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: OhMyTaeyeon.5831

OhMyTaeyeon.5831

Just wait.

I know it doesn’t really mean anything but since getting ranked I haven’t had to deal with multiple people capping a point, players always rushing far at the start and dying, players always zerging, players with terribad builds, playing constantly fighting off points, player solo engaging bunker guard or banner regen wars on fully capped points, players that don’t understand skyhammer or spirit watch(dislike this maps but meh), player that engage in fights that dont accomplish anything(seen so may player jump into a 3v1 situation wtf!).

Actually since getting to 90% my gaming experienced has greatly improved and there is a very noticeable difference in skill. There were times I got really frustrated with the level of in-experience and incompetence of some players. I wondered why even play soloq if I just am constantly getting annoyed. Things do seem to change as you get higher and that has been my experience so far.

Just wait…you’ll get 4v5s and Skyhammer and start getting frustrated again. You’ll get scrubs again…just wait for it. And then, you’ll realize there are are bad players on LB and have high MMR and you’ll realize it’s MMR Hell no matter what your MMR is.

NaƱa (Mesmer)

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I noticed this too prior to the patch.

TeamQ was a brutal experience before entering the Top 1000 to the point you really started doubting yourself.

But once you climb the ladder, suddenly the games get easier, the wins come more naturally. I Solo’d all the way up to rank 500 in TeamQ until you hit the brick wall of premades.

But my win rate went from barely 50% while not in the Top 1000 to well over 60% while in the Top 1000. It was so much more fun.

Albeit all that has changed since the patch and now I’m back where I started.

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Just wait.

[SoF]

in PvP

vincecontix.1264

Just wait.

Just wait…you’ll get 4v5s and Skyhammer and start getting frustrated again. You’ll get scrubs again…just wait for it. And then, you’ll realize there are are bad players on LB and have high MMR and you’ll realize it’s MMR Hell no matter what your MMR is.

No!!! say it anit so! I am meant to be free now. Even though I dont enjoy Skyhammer I have a very high win% on that map I run the most effective build(lots call it extra cheesy/trolly) possible and just do what it take to get through it. Though now that I think about it, it has be kinda enjoyable watching people rage at me for just constantly getting cheaping kills for cc them of the edge.

Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Youll play with guys that are top 20 after 15-20 games played. Guys that barely know how to move their character around. Youll see.

in PvP

Posted by: Lotus.1682

Lotus.1682

I consistently play in the 90%‘s. For me it’s just this never ending cycle of almost breaking top 1000 than losing a bunch of games in a row due to one reason or another. Congratulations on breaking 1k either way. xD

Twistedlotus <Thief> xD
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Rubik.7192

Rubik.7192

Anyone who pvps on a weekly basis is in top 1000.

So no.

Curie.
“I’m so hard right now” – Ozie, in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Shinju.1083

Shinju.1083

Shinju [SoF] Ranger

Girl Gamer

in PvP

Posted by: Shinju.1083

Shinju.1083

Just wait.

You still get those. I’m rank 436 in team que (I don’t play that much) and I still have to deal with those kinds of people… I used to be rank 150-200ish in solo que and then got a bad streak of those kinds of players and since I haven’t played in a long time I’m in the percentiles again sob and have to deal with that EVERY match.

But there -is- less of it, just not much better.

Shinju [SoF] Ranger

Girl Gamer

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Doesn’t matter how high you get. You’ll still have teammates that are completely clueless at times. While that match making system does its job fairly well, you still get players that are way out of their skill range.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

There definitely seems to be an elo heaven between ranks 200 and 1000 but then you start getting paired with fresh players who have their elo set to around 200. If they get carried then you get to play with them for a second match, and if you carry them for 4 more matches they get to be rank 1

in PvP

vincecontix.1264

Just wait.

You still get those. I’m rank 436 in team que (I don’t play that much) and I still have to deal with those kinds of people... I used to be rank 150-200ish in solo que and then got a bad streak of those kinds of players and since I haven’t played in a long time I’m in the percentiles again *sob* and have to deal with that EVERY match.

But there -is- less of it, just not much better.

Yea I think due to the fact there are alot less people playing team que its so easy to climb the tQ LB only done 3 matches post patch and I in the 200ish zone thats weird.

Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

i wonder how you do that. every time i climb up above r1000 in the tq lb (which takes quite the time even with winrates above 80%) i play some games off rushhour (mostly at night) and get thrown back to 90-95% after 5-10 lost games (compared to the 30-35 games that it took to get into the lb). i’m really curious.

in PvP

vincecontix.1264

i wonder how you do that. every time i climb up above r1000 in the tq lb (which takes quite the time even with winrates above 80%) i play some games off rushhour (mostly at night) and get thrown back to 90-95% after 5-10 lost games (compared to the 30-35 games that it took to get into the lb). i’m really curious.

Hmm not sure the first time I ever look at teamQ lb I was already rank 900 then won 4 out of 5 to shot up to 227. I guess it depends what rank opponents you defeat.

Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I try crazy theorycrafted builds in top 50 yolo queues and get yelled at…

#puglyfe

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

you think theres a lot of toxic players in gw2 pvp? oh just wait till you meet all this scrub who takes winning veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy seriously and you will hear the kittenstorm which i laugh all the time when someone is raging in chat, when hes the horrible one getting carried in the game specially this ranger name Flanancaou i cant rem his name. hahaha he types in chat more than he try to be good at playing his toon.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yes The community, overall, is better at the higher levels of play.

Yes There are still immature brats and control-freak ragers that you will encounter.

However, it’s not as bad as at low level play where you’re more likely to encounter the people who blame their failures on everyone else around them. People like that tend to keep themselves down since they don’t want to acknowledge their own weaknesses in attempt to improve them.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

This is nonsensical for many reason already listed. I’ll add another though being ranked in the top 1000 is not a guarantee you will be teamed with other people in the top 1,000 in any given match. As a matter of fact you will frequently get team-mates not in the top 1000.

in PvP

Posted by: KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

KrazyFlyinChicken.5936

I have been into the top 1k, and then dropped out again. Over and over. It appears to me that the yoloQ matchmaking system is almost completely random…. matching players up based on a priority queue rather than an actual rating system.

I have played over 1k games so far, and if there was a rating system in place, you’d think I’d be encountering the same opponents/teammates on a fairly regular basis. Although there are one or two people I recognize… it seems to be different players every time.

Further evidence to this… if the game was calculating your rating and matching you against similarly rated players…. wouldn’t it make sense that you could see your leaderboard-rating in game, and not on a time-delayed website?

If I was a betting man… i’d say there’s no actual discrimination based on leaderboard ranking. The ‘improvement’ in your teammates is more likely an improvement in your own ability which you mistake for teammate competence (its easier for your teammates to rotate correctly if you’re winning most of your 2v1s and 1v1s…)

Fort Aspenwood – Elementalist
Character name: Azilyi

(edited by KrazyFlyinChicken.5936)

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I have been into the top 1k, and then dropped out again. Over and over. It appears to me that the yoloQ matchmaking system is almost completely random…. matching players up based on a priority queue rather than an actual rating system.

I have played over 1k games so far, and if there was a rating system in place, you’d think I’d be encountering the same opponents/teammates on a fairly regular basis. Although there are one or two people I recognize… it seems to be different players every time.

Further evidence to this… if the game was calculating your rating and matching you against similarly rated players…. wouldn’t it make sense that you could see your leaderboard-rating in game, and not on a time-delayed website?

If I was a betting man… i’d say there’s no actual discrimination based on leaderboard ranking. The ‘improvement’ in your teammates is more likely an improvement in your own ability which you mistake for teammate competence (its easier for your teammates to rotate correctly if you’re winning most of your 2v1s and 1v1s…)

I play vs the same people all the time. There are usually some randoms, but always people I’ve played over and over again. My last four matches solo queue over a week have all had Toker and/or Cmc on the other team. It is enough that I change my build according to the players in the other team. Say you fight cruuk. Get your homepoint 1v1 build out, and wait for him to come every single time he spawns. Get your stunbreak ready for AK, because that guy runs burst every single time no matter the class.

It happens enough in Team Queue that I’ll even face the same team 3-4 times in a row with my premade.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

I play vs the same people all the time. There are usually some randoms, but always people I’ve played over and over again. My last four matches solo queue over a week have all had Toker and/or Cmc on the other team. It is enough that I change my build according to the players in the other team. Say you fight cruuk. Get your homepoint 1v1 build out, and wait for him to come every single time he spawns. Get your stunbreak ready for AK, because that guy runs burst every single time no matter the class.

It happens enough in Team Queue that I’ll even face the same team 3-4 times in a row with my premade.

This only happens relative to the activity of the time you’re playing. Theoretically, if at least 20 top 100 players are all playing during the same time then matchmaking usually works well in placing all the players together, but if you play later during the night and are in the top 100 range, the queue wait times go into 9-14mins of waiting and the system will place you with people not in top 1000, how? personal experience. (last week I hit a 13min queue time, reset, and got a pop in 7 mins)

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderclock.7390

Thunderclock.7390

wait…top 1000 is good? news to me…

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Translation: “Oh, you reached an achievement that you find fulfilling to some degree? Let me needlessly hate on that with my own irrelevant perspective.”

in PvP

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Translation: “Oh, you reached an achievement that you find fulfilling to some degree? Let me needlessly hate on that with my own irrelevant perspective.”

oh the hypocrisy

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Remember that the glicko2 ratings are more detailed than just the leaderboard positions, also. For example, the difference between the number 21 and number 22 players could be greater than the number 857 and 858 players (and very likely is greater).

In other words, the closer to the extremes your position on the leaderboard is, the more likely it is that you’ll see the same people, because there are fewer people with a very similar glicko2 rating to you. The high percentages are likely an extremely densely populated area. That means they should see a lot of volatility (because the rating difference between 85% and 90% is likely not that large), and they will see different people most matches, at least in primetime.

in PvP

Posted by: rhycochet.5268

rhycochet.5268

top 1000…

made it to top 300 after roughly 1.5k matches, means nothing. struggling between 400-900, i still got streams of losses and people who drop out in the middle of a match. i thought the LB meant something at one point in time, not anymore. just play it to enjoy it, or the LB will make you hate this game.

in PvP

vincecontix.1264

Ok out of curiosity over the past couple days I have been playing some matches on an alt account new to soloq. The difference in skill is massive once again I am paired up with noobs all over the place. People running bad builds, 3 people capping point together with no enemies in sight. People attacking anything that moves fighting off points. It feels like a cesspool of noobness on the bright side my thief is having a bonanza dropping players left, right and center doing things I could never get away with at higher lvls of play.

While on my main account I am still having great games(made it to R294). Now I am not saying that everyone higher up the LB is pro but most cases everyone seems to have a good grasp on what need to be done and it seem players are able to have a competitive match.

Isle of Janthir