Making GW2 a E-sport

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

What are your thoughts on GW2 being a e-sport ?
What is the PVP missing to be more competitive ?

I really like the PVP, but it kinda fells like it needs some more game styles. Guild VS Guild would be perfect for e-sport but i guess that they should take their time and make it perfect as they already stated.

The thing i miss the most is good old death mach last team standing wins as simple as that. They could also look into duels, like 2,3,5 man death matches. This was always fun to do in GvG rounds.

Sometimes i fell that it would be great if there would be random tournaments. You would just enter and get a random team. It would be a bit of a gamble since you would not know what to expect, but i think it would be worth is since it could act as a fast introduction to tournaments.

Players should be awarded 1 peace of gear per wining or something. This would eliminate people who rather lose and farm glory in combat. Today we lost 50 to 500 because the whole team was farming and didn’t even bother to capture a empty point.

Hope arena net will soon create some kind of dynamic leader system for pvp to show off your score. It would be nice if you could create teams and have team scores.

What are your thoughts on PVP and making it more popular and Maybe an e-sport ?

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

It will never be an esport. It’s already dead.

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: Lorienda.1349

Lorienda.1349

dont play the game. problem solved.

Jexster ~ Chieftain Ninjas

i cant have a bad picture i dont know why,ask god.

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Ice of Dragons.1637

any points to underline your theory ?

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: Qacino.3468

Qacino.3468

All GW2 needs to be an E-sport is a ladder system and matchmaking ( which they are working on tbh) .
The amount of players atm doesn’t matter, If GW2 is accepted by MLG or ESL they will have streamers = meta game and viewers = more players ( Just check league of legends ).
At this point the only thing we can do is wait and let Anet make the first move

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Ice of Dragons.1637

it would be nice that you could view games like a audience. maybe the same style that GvG had. Would make steaming videos easier.

Lets play a game. How long do you think arena net will be working on the leader system.
I am not unpatient, because i know that they will make it the best way possible. Just to make it more fun, let’s all guess.

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: Nilvio.7941

Nilvio.7941

What are your thoughts on GW2 being a e-sport ?
What is the PVP missing to be more competitive ?

What are your thought on GW2 being a e-sports?

GW2 is really lacking some excitement. I have been trying to watch steams, but its just way too boring to watch for me. That might be reason for low viewership, or maybe its just me. Im still playing game and enjoying it, but watching is just impossible. I would love to hear more opinions about this one

Other thing is that they really have to make SPvP more casual friendly. I would like to see guidance in stuff like builds, sigils, runes and maybe even just overall gameplay. Making video tutorials about how to counter 100b or BS would be quite helpful for new ppl.

What is the PVP missing to be more competitive?

We really have to get some basic features first before we can talk about new game modes. I was kinda disappointed when we didnt get private servers on launch. If we had that feature on launch, then ESPORTS wouldnt be so bad word

Other feature is matchmaking obviously. GW2 is really lacking ways to practice for middle tier teams. With my team we are stomping Free tournaments, but we are getting stomped in paids. So game is quite boring for us now.

More information after games could help there low-mid tier teams alot. Like if you could see how much damage/healing/condition/tanking each players did, could be quite helpful.

@Nilvio

English is not my native language :)
RETIRED MESMER YO!

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: Qacino.3468

Qacino.3468

What are your thought on GW2 being a e-sports?

GW2 is really lacking some excitement. I have been trying to watch steams, but its just way too boring to watch for me. That might be reason for low viewership, or maybe its just me. Im still playing game and enjoying it, but watching is just impossible. I would love to hear more opinions about this one

I’ve actualy found a streamer which was quite enjoyable to watch, Thought his name was LoLjumper or something. Explains quite some things etc

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

-20-45 min long fight
-more complex elements such as resources and level progression or doing mini-quests in sPvP to gain npc aid.
-spectator mode
-better rewards such as Favor of the Gods to bring sense of accomplishment
-more complexity in combat itself: more attributes such as attack speed, more different kinds of skill choices and weapon skill choices.
-make toughness for useful….

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: nurt.5401

nurt.5401

I’ve been slowly coming to the realization that conquest mode just doesn’t do it for me. I don’t really like playing it, and it’s not fun to watch for very long. I’ve also never seen conquest picked as the game mode for any semi-popular esport (thinking about FPS games where conquest is one of the modes, it’s never picked for tournaments except maybe tf2, which as far as I can tell is regarded as an e-sport faliure)

I think gw2 needs a different game type as the primary competitive mode, and a ladder, and a reward system that’s more engaging (mostly it just needs to give desirable rewards at more regular intervals, rather than overloading you with junk items and only unlocking new stuff every 10 ranks while individual ranks are useless and quickly become very very time consuming to reach). The sense of achievement, progression and reward fulfillment is not there; for new players or competitive players.

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: Jacobin.8509

Jacobin.8509

The main issue right now is lack of competitive population and interest. You can’t have an esport without viewership.

There are tons of reasons why we are here, but a lot of people left simply because the game did not release with basic competitive features like private matches, a ladder and MMR.

The tournament system also sucks because it requires 40 people and 45 minutes and an entry fee, resulting in long queue times and downtime between matches which I think is part of why viewership is abysmal.

There are more fundamental issues that people have like the conquest game mode being lame, balance issues (guardian, thieves, mesmers), and lack of overall viable builds.

Promising an esport has backfired majorly for Anet because spvp at release was not even close to ready. A lot of hardcore pvpers gave the game a shot for a few months, but they are now long gone as they have better things to do then wait around for Anet, especially when all they offer are vague promises, unclear priorities, and outright deny legitimate problems like queue times and low population.

Even if they get everything they have promised in, it will be so many months down the line that nobody will care. I am sure some people may come back, but will we see an esport level community develop that far down the line? I am not gonna hold my breath.

(edited by Jacobin.8509)

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Nilvio.7941

The sense of achievement, progression and reward fulfillment is not there; for new players or competitive players.

Thats exactly what we need. Even blizzard understood it and now they are making changes for Starcraft 2 in Heart of swarm. Its great example how important those casual players are for esports game.

The main issue right now is lack of competitive population and interest. You can’t have an esport without viewership.

Its not really lack of competitive population, Its more like lack of casuals playing Spvp Even those basic competitive features are useless if game is too complex for casual players.

RETIRED MESMER YO!

(edited by Nilvio.7941)

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

I’ve actualy found a streamer which was quite enjoyable to watch, Thought his name was LoLjumper or something. Explains quite some things etc

But my quality is awful. :/ At least until I can get partnered and afford to move somewhere with half decent (>1mb) upload speed.

Its not really lack of competitive population, Its more like lack of casuals playing SpvpEven those basic competitive features are useless if game is too complex for casual players.

Lack of competitive population is an issue as well. Paids only pop a few hours out of the day. There are only a handful of teams at the moment. Most competitive players already left and went back to SC2/League/etc. after realizing this game wouldn’t be competitive for at least another 1/2-1 year.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: Coast.5162

Coast.5162

Mmmh, imo spvp is too simple which makes it rather static and boring.
Really not much tactical insight needed, maybe I got spoiled in gw1.

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Nilvio.7941

Lack of competitive population is an issue as well. Paids only pop a few hours out of the day. There are only a handful of teams at the moment. Most competitive players already left and went back to SC2/League/etc. after realizing this game wouldn’t be competitive for at least another 1/2-1 year.

yup, because game is lacking ways to practice for future competitive teams/players :P

RETIRED MESMER YO!

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

-20-45 min long fight
-more complex elements such as resources and level progression or doing mini-quests in sPvP to gain npc aid.
-spectator mode
-better rewards such as Favor of the Gods to bring sense of accomplishment
-more complexity in combat itself: more attributes such as attack speed, more different kinds of skill choices and weapon skill choices.
-make toughness for useful….

Please not that. No more npc in pvp, rock dogs everywhere, pets everywhere, no more npcs

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

e-sports are not made overnight.

It took years for SC2 and LoL to get to where they are.

Let’s see some e-sport features like spectator mode, rankings, ladders etc

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

-Give Trebuchet repair kits a respawn timer
-Don’t allow portal in PvP
-Lords and minions should be able to detect stealth and should be a team objective, not solo with something broken type of thing
-Infrastructure via better traits and incentive
-The list can go on..

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

The new rank levels and skins to go with it are cool, but at every 10 levels being the barrier to the new skin type and new rank, once you get higher levels, ranks 1-9 of thise levels get extremely Grindy, with very long waits in between. At 45k glory per rank and only milestones every 10th rank, it becomes more of a chore to rank up, I love pvping in the mean time, but the grind for ranks gets ridiculous. People will say you love the pvp so the ranks will come without you noticing or blah blah, but when you hit rank 30/40 and look ahead to the next rank it’s more like kitten I have to do double the amount for the next rank, it becomes more daunting than fun.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

(edited by BlueprintLFE.2358)

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

All it takes is money. If Anet made $10000 tourneys every week, esports will happen.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Making GW2 a E-sport

in PvP

Posted by: nurt.5401

nurt.5401

The new rank levels and skins to go with it are cool, but at every 10 levels being the barrier to the new skin type and new rank, once you get higher levels, ranks 1-9 of thise levels get extremely Grindy, with very long waits in between. At 45k glory per rank and only milestones every 10th rank, it becomes more of a chore to rank up, I love pvping in the mean time, but the grind for ranks gets ridiculous. People will say you love the pvp so the ranks will come without you noticing or blah blah, but when you hit rank 30/40 and look ahead to the next rank it’s more like kitten I have to do double the amount for the next rank, it becomes more daunting than fun.

Exactly.

The way the current reward system works by the time you hit 30 you have enough glory to get all the rank 30-39 gear at once. You get about an hour or two of pleasure while you open 80 gold boxes full of new stuff, get every item you want in one day, and then you know you’re not getting anything new for the next month or two while you creep toward 40. It wouldn’t be so bad if you could actually look forward to each rank instead of only the 10’s mattering, but I think for most player by the time they hit 30 or 40 all the future milestones either feel meaningless or unattainable and they lose any motivation to progress.

They need to reevaluate the rank curve as a whole, and change they method of distribution so that you unlock new stuff at each rank. The rank curve should increase gradually instead of plateauing every 10 levels, and your rewards should be distributed the same way.

Also they need to make it so you don’t get spammed with so many duplicate items. Scarcity creates demand, and right now you get spammed with so much stuff you don’t want (much less need) that it all starts to look like trash.

(edited by nurt.5401)