in PvP

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

Objectives:
- Control capture points to earn points for your team
- Defeat enemies to earn a small amount of points for your team
- Defeat ghosts that spawn around the map to help you defeat your foes

Secondary Mechanics:
- Four ghosts will spawn periodically at designated locations on the map. When a ghost’s HP reaches zero, they will go to a downed state and will grant Stability to the player that landed the blow. The player who finishes the ghost will acquire the respective buff for their team.
- Ghost of King Adelbern (Basement): Captures all three points for your team, fearing foes out of the capture point. Comes at 8:30 and 2:30.
- Ghost of Ralena and Vassar (Left-wing and right-wing): Your team denies 2 points to the opposing team on kill.
- Ghost of Master Ranger Nente (Middle Pillar): Your team receives double points for each captured point. Comes at 11:30, 8:30, 5:30, and 2:30.

(copy/pasted the formatting from GW2 wiki. Anyway, I hope this type of map will see the light of day. It’s akin to Temple. But instead of channeling, you need to stomp.)

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

(edited by nastyjman.8207)

Map Idea: Ghosts of Ascalon

in PvP

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Its literally the exact same thing as temple. If they add maps i want completely new stuff, not the same stuff with a different texture over it

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

in PvP

Posted by: Noc.2459

Noc.2459

You will have to kill me and drag me dead onto the field, otherwise I wont set foot on something called Adelbern.

Oh god…

Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc

in PvP

nastyjman.8207

Its literally the exact same thing as temple. If they add maps i want completely new stuff, not the same stuff with a different texture over it

That’s what I’m going for. But instead of channeling, you’re stomping. It’s a slight change of mechanics that I feel would be interesting to play and watch as a spectator.

If ANet is dead-set on conquest, then this map could be a springboard for a similar yet different mechanic. I believe that Temple is by far the best map to spectate on because of the reversal mechanics inherent with Tranquility.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

in PvP

nastyjman.8207

You will have to kill me and drag me dead onto the field, otherwise I wont set foot on something called Adelbern.

Oh god…

How about Crypt of Ascalon? It should be different from Ascalonian Catacombs.

EDIT1: Or maybe Ghosts of Ascalon? Follows the “X of X” naming system of the current (Battle OF Kyhlo, Temple OF the Silent Storm, Forest OF Nifhel).

(edited by nastyjman.8207)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

nononono. Look at the last two “new” things we received, spirit watch and skyhammer. Heck, those maps were so bad that ANET hasn’t even released a new map in over a year.

What ANET hasn’t learned is that simple maps are better. They allow for better balancing. It is quite disappointing that since launch they’ve only been able to release one balanced new map. Something similar to temple is good.

in PvP

nastyjman.8207

nononono. Look at the last two “new” things we received, spirit watch and skyhammer. Heck, those maps were so bad that ANET hasn’t even released a new map in over a year.

What ANET hasn’t learned is that simple maps are better. They allow for better balancing. It is quite disappointing that since launch they’ve only been able to release one balanced new map. Something similar to temple is good.

Agree with you Style!

Spirit Watch is a good map, but I have heard that it’s not balanced. I believe one lane has a shorter distance compared to the other lane. I think it would be an interesting map for tournament settings, but until it’s balanced, it’s kittened.

Skyhammer is… a shake-up. Skyhammer is a slight variation to Kyhlo. Instead of having two trebs, you get one treb, which is the skyhammer. But with the introduction of brittle panes, it created a new meta that favors CC heavy builds. Because of this, it ignores the current meta. Since that happened, Skyhammer has a different strategy and tactic compared to other maps. But that strategy fully involves CC classes that can pull you, knock you out, fear you and push you.

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Spirit Watch is a good map, but I have heard that it’s not balanced. I believe one lane has a shorter distance compared to the other lane. I think it would be an interesting map for tournament settings, but until it’s balanced, it’s kittened.

A single bunker guardian can carry the orb to the left most capture point. I’ve witnessed a situation in which four players attack a guardian carrying orb and he still manages to reach it.

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

i regularly cc and kill single bunker guards carrying the orb with ele or thief.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

imho the next map they add should be nice and simple,
no trebuchets, skyhammers, catapults, cannons etc.
no NPCS.

just 3 capture points in a triangle.
secondary factor could be a pit in between all of the capture points (like Gurubashi Arena from WoW), where players can fight eachother, each kill within the pit grants bonus score to your team, (there would be a forcefield over the top to eliminate lame people standing outside and nuking people within)

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

and who would actually go there, when they have 2 points or are close to losing the game?

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

i regularly cc and kill single bunker guards carrying the orb with ele or thief.

Then you haven’t met a good bunker guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

warriors are even better for the role, leaps and dashes aren’t hindered by the orb so sword mainhand or greatsword (+ possibly bullrush if you’re designed orb runner) can carry you much faster than a guardian.

…pair it up with war immunities and much higher health pool…

in PvP

nastyjman.8207

Changed Ralena and Vassar mechanic from "Your team gains +3 points for each kill " to “Your team denies 2 points to the opposing team on kill.”

So instead of the enemy team gaining 5 points on kill, they’ll only get 3 points, and 1 point if your team has both buffs.

I think this would be an interesting mechanic since your team would want the buff as a protection from points.