Map-Stuck is back

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Mrcysim.8062

Mrcysim.8062

is it just me or is this happening on the other maps too now? it happened to me again about 5 mins ago on the map Raid of the capricorn.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Akkash.9710

Akkash.9710

This has been a problem on just about every map. Happened to me on FoN, RotC and BoK today. Yesterday it was RotC and FoN. It’s the same issue people were having before the October patches. It doesn’t seem to be related (exclusively) to checking scores when downed or certain stomps or CCs. I almost never check the scores during a game yet I end up being stuck in the loading screen about once out of every five matches. Sometimes it’s the first death of the match and others it’ll be the third or fourth death.

Tell us what you’re looking for Anet and I’m sure the player base will be glad to help you out with this (the majority of us don’t Fraps this stuff). Help us help you . . .

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Tapsteve.8579

Tapsteve.8579

All I can say is that looking at the vast amount of bugs and issues reported constantly on these forums I hold very little hope of this being fixed in a timely manner (considering it was reported a week ago and happens every patch I use the word ‘timely’ liberally). I can’t see how you can possibly retain casual players for much longer as issues of this kind result in people not logging back in. Spvp is frustrating but still fun at times yet fewer and fewer players populate the servers. The percieved lack of dedicated support for it is disappointing and insulting if I’m honest.
Very disgruntled with this game right now.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: derogs.6570

derogs.6570

So let me get this straight, bug was in game like month ago and u made hotfix for this issue. So assuming you got it 1st time, you know where problem is but this time we’ll wait around 10+ days to have chance to play pvp in this game ( i guess its an extended non-working weekend in USA ).

I mean, spvp in current state is not much but this is game-breaking bug.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Just happened after being stealth stomped. Not sure if by thief or mesmer I think mesmer.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Geewoody.2017

Geewoody.2017

Pretty hard to imagine a glitch worse than having to restart the game after getting down, short of the entire match server crashing. Please put some serious focus on this one.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Pyron.9821

Pyron.9821

Just happened to me in final round of a free tourney. Not really much of a pvper anyway, and this doesn’t help turn me on to the format. I can hear the battle going on around me, but can’t see anything but the load screen. To add annoyance to it, once I finally get kicked back to the mists after losing the battle, all the battle updates that have added up during my time locked in load screen start popping up.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: interferenz.8739

interferenz.8739

I dont get it why it takes so long to fix that bug. Really – make it to your priority .. tournaments dont make much fun with that bug.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Khyras.8021

Khyras.8021

Thanks for the feedback all. It sounds like it’s happening with different criteria for some of you, so we’ll keep looking at it internally and listening to your feedback.

Sorry it’s frustrated some of you, we’ll keep looking at it.

What you lookin at? Its not the first occurrence of this bug you know very well its there just fix it without breaking something else. If you know how which i doubt.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Choxie.9438

Choxie.9438

This is starting to get out of hand… I’ve played a few tournaments and EVERY tournament, i’ll get the Frozen Loading Screen of Doom… Then I’d have to reconnect which takes like another 2 minutes, and we end up losing cause of that… It also happens to a handful of my other friends. I really can’t put my finger on any kind of reason why this keeps happening, all I know is when I die, and respawn, I get stuck….

EXCALIBURRRRRR !! -Rika Shiguma
Mina Sekurai – Asura Necromancer (Blackgate)

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

WTF can’t play like this…..always…always getting this crap, and if it’s not me for sure someone in my team (Even both). Srsly WTF?

(edited by Archaon.6245)

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Azadoras.2790

Azadoras.2790

I looked closer at when this happens and noticed I get stuck if I am stomped in stealth or with quickness.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Akkash.9710

Akkash.9710

I was just auto switched from blue to red team on BoK and got stuck in an infinite loading screen as the game switched me. Nothing wierd, just fighting and then auto switched. I’m actually still stuck in the game as I’m typing this . . . Maybe the map has changed by now . . .

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Dangor.5304

Dangor.5304

Happened again just now after a thief stomped me, wasn’t even a stealth stomp, just a regular one. Happened also once yesterday when I volunteered for auto-balancing, I got switched to the other team and got stuck in an endless loading screen.

Most often though, from what I’ve noticed, it happens after a thief stomp.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

gwawer.9805

na just alot of thives in spvp.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Dangor.5304

Pay attention to when it happens and you’ll notice it happens after a thief stomp 90% of the time.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

gwawer.9805

ok everybody lets make a note of wut classes we get stomped by and if in stealth

btw this happened FOUR TIMES in the past 2hours of gameplay. it is more frequent right now or something. game breaking.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Tomi.1950

Tomi.1950

I dont think that any class is responsible, i noticed that if i click tab while waiting to respawn i get stuck or i click inventory or something like that, after i get stomped i dont touch anything until i see a picture again since then i didn’t get bugged (before i noticed that, i got bugged quite offten).
Maybe is that or i just got lucky last 2 days.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

gwawer.9805

i defeinitely didn’t look at score and still got the bug. it happened SIX times to me tonight. I’m just going to stop playing for a while lol

i think its just cuz theres a lot of thieves playing so ppl think its a thief-related stomp thing. lol thieves killin’ errbody

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

So map stuck just happened to me. I was killed in a huge battle at the gate in TOSS. Was killed by a warrior during his vengeance. After the warrior killed me I had a 15 second long Rez timer then went to Rez and was locked in loading.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

BlueprintLFE.2358

Wow.. Seriously? It just happened again after I was killed by an ele and a thief. It’s every 2 matches now.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Cyber Ruptis.5907

Cyber Ruptis.5907

Same here seems to be getting worser by the day and it makes playing paid tournies all about will they enemy disconnect or 1 of my team. I hope this bug is a hight priority becaus PvP is kinda death becaus of it.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

BlueprintLFE.2358

I can’t even play a match. Last 2 times i have pvp’d this has happened in a row. I was just killed by a Zerg in graveyard. Warrior axe spin was the final kill. Don’t know if this helps.

(edited by BlueprintLFE.2358)

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

So when are you gonna fix this?

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

me2, two times in not even 30 minutes. Once in Legacy of the Foefire and another on Raid on the Capricorn. It useally happens when I get killed and WP back to my base.

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Pheonixwolf.3472

Pheonixwolf.3472

I’ve been stuck, after EVERY death today…….Every single one. This.Is.Horrible….

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Pheonixwolf.3472

Pheonixwolf.3472

Also, and a bit off topic, is anyone catching weird lag spikes?

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Vandal.8029

Vandal.8029

You have got to fix this soon. I only play this game for sPvP, and it is almost unplayable right now. I don’t know what is causing it. It seems to happen at random times. All I know is I can still hear people fighting over my dead body while I am stuck at an endless loading screen. It can ruin a tournament when multiple players have to alt+f4 out and restart the game.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Tapsteve.8579

Tapsteve.8579

I imagine you’ve decided to abandon SPvP on this game?
You have very few of us still actually playing for the dwindling amount of fun there still is and you leave a game-breaker like this for over a week.
Completely baffled.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: SkyTumn.3278

SkyTumn.3278

Guys it certainly is frustrating and very harming to PvP. I certainly feel that sPvP/tPvP is unplayable as of now.. But we also have to know that the earliest fix we can get is on Monday NA time… since thanksgiving came at the wrong time too :/.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Semprenaviguare.2936

Semprenaviguare.2936

this bug is only if thief kill you !

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

12hours ago in my last tourney, first map, i wasa stucked in loading screen. alt+f4 and reconnect..not a good strategy to resolve this prolem, but at least effective.. doesnt seems so esporty btw

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

this bug is only if thief kill you !

This is not true. I’ve been killed by a Ranger, Elementalist, and Warrior and gotten the bug. No Thieves anywhere in sight.

[Edit: And a Mesmer Phantasm while being nuked by an Elementalist and Necro.]

(edited by nldixon.8514)

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

SkyTumn.3278

This bug seriously needs to be addressed.. I was hoping it would be addressed early Monday.. but it seems it wasn’t. PvP is practically unplayable for more than a week already…

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Vanecrox.5094

Vanecrox.5094

I just got one for Legacy of Foefire…extremely annoying.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

Seriously people, do you not understand the difference between a moderator and a programmer?

Reassigning forum moderators to work on “fixing bugs” is not a legitimate idea, and anyone who even thought about it seriously for even a half a second should feel bad about themselves.

If you don’t like the game, and you’ve deleted it, why do you keep coming back here to post? No one cares if you deleted the game. No one cares about the opinions of people who don’t play the game. You’re not having your posts moderated out of some vindictive attacks on your speech. It’s not a huge conspiracy to cover up negative things about the game. Your posts have literally no value, and are directly in violation of several forum rules.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

Seriously people, do you not understand the difference between a moderator and a programmer?

Reassigning forum moderators to work on “fixing bugs” is not a legitimate idea, and anyone who even thought about it seriously for even a half a second should feel bad about themselves.

If you don’t like the game, and you’ve deleted it, why do you keep coming back here to post? No one cares if you deleted the game. No one cares about the opinions of people who don’t play the game. You’re not having your posts moderated out of some vindictive attacks on your speech. It’s not a huge conspiracy to cover up negative things about the game. Your posts have literally no value, and are directly in violation of several forum rules.

A better question to ask is are you not able to spot sarcasm when it’s thrown pretty blatantly out there? You should probably feel bad. Or don’t. I don’t care. I haven’t deleted it, still play it occasionally, but there’s quite a few things that keep me from investing more time in it, mainly this loading screen bug that keeps me from playing for more than half an hour at a rip. I bought the game, I would like to continue playing the game as I actually spent real money in the game, so I would like for the game to work. I’m expressing my opinion that less time making new content and more time making sure that the ‘old’ content actually works would probably be more beneficial. I understand that they have limited resources for programmers, but I’m sure programmers were used to make new content, so….. they can’t make it so we don’t get booted out of hotjoin or tournaments because we had the gall to die? I’m sure a lot of people are like me and spend the majority of their time playing PvP instead of leveling, crafting, etc. When a major component of your game is consistently broken it’s not time to add a new zone or make some candy corn mining nodes, it’s time to fix it. If expressing my opinion is against forum policy that’s kind of crappy.

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Aquin.3192

Aquin.3192

Happened again. Get it together A net. Fix this already.

I encourage everyone to post every time it happens. If they dont already understand the scope of this then maybe they will.

This is the sort of bug that would stop a game from going live… yet it takes weeks to fix and this is the second round.

Ackwin R53 Thief – Evading like a boss!

twitch.tv/hotjoinhero

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

SkyTumn.3278

Guys… just repair the client. Loading bug will stop.. Anet should fix the issue, but they can take their time I guess, cause repairing your client completely solves the issue.
To all who are still suffering : Repair your client
Fast link : https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8981/kw/repair

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Dangor.5304

Happened again just now after being stealth stomped by a thief in Khylo.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Aquin.3192

Aquin.3192

Just happened twice more in the last 20 minutes. It almost seems like if you rush to respawn it is exacerbated.

Ackwin R53 Thief – Evading like a boss!

twitch.tv/hotjoinhero

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

Just happened twice more in the last 20 minutes. It almost seems like if you rush to respawn it is exacerbated.

I really don’t think there’s any rhyme nor reason to it, it’s so random.

Which is probably why ANet can’t fix it.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Suzu.4193

Suzu.4193

Been over a week cant even fix loading bugs…..need to hire some new coders

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Homeless.9380

Homeless.9380

Thinking on quiting the game for a while, really anoying not being able to finish a single warzone map… Why isn t it fixed allready? Happening for far too long.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Tribant.8127

Tribant.8127

For the love of God please push a fix asap. Its happening about every 4 games. So frustrating. I want to love this game but gd you are not making it easy

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: choban.9027

choban.9027

Every 4 games? For me is almost every game…have to restart game every few minutes :S. Most annoying thing!!

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

A better question to ask is are you not able to spot sarcasm when it’s thrown pretty blatantly out there? You should probably feel bad. Or don’t. I don’t care. I haven’t deleted it, still play it occasionally, but there’s quite a few things that keep me from investing more time in it, mainly this loading screen bug that keeps me from playing for more than half an hour at a rip. I bought the game, I would like to continue playing the game as I actually spent real money in the game, so I would like for the game to work. I’m expressing my opinion that less time making new content and more time making sure that the ‘old’ content actually works would probably be more beneficial. I understand that they have limited resources for programmers, but I’m sure programmers were used to make new content, so….. they can’t make it so we don’t get booted out of hotjoin or tournaments because we had the gall to die? I’m sure a lot of people are like me and spend the majority of their time playing PvP instead of leveling, crafting, etc. When a major component of your game is consistently broken it’s not time to add a new zone or make some candy corn mining nodes, it’s time to fix it. If expressing my opinion is against forum policy that’s kind of crappy.

You obviously didn’t see the posts that was directed at. They’ve all been deleted (and presumably infracted) by moderators because of their content. There was no sarcasm involved.

There’s no issue with people making a legitimate post asking for issues to be fixed. That wasn’t even remotely the case here though. Not every post on the forum is directed at you.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

I get this pretty much 1-2 times a day since the last patch. Ridiculous.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Rez.8016

Rez.8016

This is ruining tournament play.

Map-Stuck is back

in PvP

Posted by: Demondim.7046

Demondim.7046

I can only hope the fix for this is imminent, like mere days away.
It’s as annoying as hell.