March Patch in 5 days - Leaderboards

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Q:

Does anyone know of any definite features that are sPvP related that are coming in the march patch in 9 days besides the option to display your PvP gear at the character selection screen?

I don’t care a out balance changes, they are irrelevant. Will the march Patch have anything from the list of features that have been said to be coming soon?

Custom servers.

Spectator mode for hotjoin/custom servers.

First implementation of Ranking Leader Boards.

No speculation, no maybes. Is there anything, at all, that I have to look forward to in the patch in 9 days?

in PvP

Posted by: luxen.8376

luxen.8376

A:

I’d say that if you’re going to know something it’ll be posted here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/march-2013/ as an update. Rest just speculation or maybes which you don’t want.

Luxen – Engineer, Elementalist & Warrior

(edited by luxen.8376)

in PvP

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I’m gonna say that we will get custom servers and/or single queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Ironcloud.3892

Ironcloud.3892

We’ll probably just be getting leaderboards, I would be very surprised if we get any other major features.

in PvP

Posted by: luxen.8376

luxen.8376

I’d say that if you’re going to know something it’ll be posted here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/march-2013/ as an update. Rest just speculation or maybes which you don’t want.

Luxen – Engineer, Elementalist & Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: sim.8903

sim.8903

There already is solo queue..

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

There already is solo queue..

Yes, the same solo queue that’s been in the game since release. There is no real solo queue. All they did was add a button.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

So, at this stage, we can safely say that no features are actually confirmed for the march patch. They are either still in development, or like leaderboards, custom servers and spectator mode are still in the internal testing phase.

I listened to the SOTG and had the impression that none of the above would make it to the March patch. I was hoping a dev could chime in and generate some hype/interest with a teaser for the march patch even if its not specific. Tell us that there’s something in there for us that’s on our list of things coming, even if its not which one.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Come on Arenanet.

Work with me here. Release a tidbit of what’s in store for us in the march patch.

Your silence speaks volumes.

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

Take a hint, it was obvious in sotg that we get nothing this patch, the only thing that is coming seperate from the patch is leaderboards and everything else we have no idea when but definetly not this month, i thought it was more than obvious but i guess ppl still hold out hope.

aka Subl

in PvP

Posted by: baerly.7204

baerly.7204

if were lucky we get leaderboards (which are pointless anyway cause team and solo mixed)
maybe we also get some balance changes

there’s nothing to look for for at least next 2-3 months

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Didn’t the devs said that we would be getting pvp features as soon as they were ready, separate from the monthly patches? Or were they only talking about the leaderboards?

Because, for example, if they could finish features like custom arenas mid-April, I would prefer for them to release those features right at that moment, instead of having us to wait until end-April’s monthly patch.

Anyways, we should at the very least get new balance changes. But with custom arenas, spectator mode and leaderboards coming “soon”, it shouldn’t take much time until pvp becomes at a much better state.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Here’s hoping. Balance changes aside, custom servers have to be the number one priority to revstilize the competitive scene. The solo/mixed team que won’t do it even with leaderboards (which I really want anyway as a solo player). But scrimmages and third party tournaments with spectator mode at least gives the high level players a platform for controlled environments.

in PvP

Posted by: Lipstickxx.1043

Lipstickxx.1043

My biggest issue with pvp is that there is really no incentive to play.
After watching SotG, I highly doubt that we will have any new features coming with this update. However, I would really appreciate if one of the developers would give us a final word about what should be expected.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

7 days to go now Arena-Net.

Any hints? Maybe a blog post or something?

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

March was always supposed to be the WvW patch, not spvp. They may bundle some pvp changes with it, but I wouldn’t count on anything groundbreaking.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

That may be true, but they have repeatedly said that leaderboards, custom servers and spectator mode are in the internal testing phase so I’m fishing for an announcement that at least 1 of them will be in the march patch.

The suspense is killing me.

in PvP

Posted by: Med.6150

Med.6150

They can’t tell, because in if they announced changes to, let’s say, some underwater skills, and these won’t work out, people will be really mad…

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

They said that they dont know when all 3 things will come out (Maybe before, on patch day, or afterwards). Guess what that mean?

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Just don’t expect too much or anything at all. You’ll only get frustrated.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

Didn’t the devs said that we would be getting pvp features as soon as they were ready, separate from the monthly patches? Or were they only talking about the leaderboards?

Because, for example, if they could finish features like custom arenas mid-April, I would prefer for them to release those features right at that moment, instead of having us to wait until end-April’s monthly patch.

Anyways, we should at the very least get new balance changes. But with custom arenas, spectator mode and leaderboards coming “soon”, it shouldn’t take much time until pvp becomes at a much better state.

Custom arenas were ’’soon’’ in December.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

Don’t hold your breath.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Custom Servers is probably the most important Feature they can put in the game, because it could bring back the competetive Community, maybe there could even be some Tournaments (ESL or sth.).

Good Teams could specifically train with each other, without having to grind through teams that are no Match for them or without waiting for a queue to pop.

What good is a Ladder for ppl that look towards e-Sport? This is a feature for Solo-queuers and grinders and they either keep playing anyways, or they’ve quit and won’t come back for a feature like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

What good is a Ladder for ppl that look towards e-Sport? This is a feature for Solo-queuers and grinders and they either keep playing anyways, or they’ve quit and won’t come back for a feature like that.

Actualy i will come back and many of my guys i played with probably as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

They can’t tell, because in if they announced changes to, let’s say, some underwater skills, and these won’t work out, people will be really mad…

I can’t wait till we’re this far into profession balance, so we could start arguing over underwater skills.
Sadly with the current pace of things, that’ll probably happen in a few years or so.

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Custom arenas were ’’soon’’ in December.

Actually it was October. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/structured-pvp-iceberg/

“In a future blog post, we’ll talk about custom arenas in a lot of detail, and we’ll talk about all the settings available on them, as well as how you rent them!”
Never happened, roflmao

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

(edited by Kultas Sunstrider.9218)

in PvP

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Never happened, roflmao

Translation into 72 languages takes time. You have no idea hard it is to find experts on ancient egyptian, goa’uld and krogan these days.

I can’t wait for the patch. It’ll either give me a reason to stay or uninstall and never look back.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”

in PvP

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Just don’t expect too much or anything at all. You’ll only get frustrated.

This, didn’t you guys already learn?

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

6 days till patch and Anet said to me,
Nothing at aaaaallllll,
Lucky I play this game for freeeeeeeeee.

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

6 days till patch and Anet said to me,
Nothing at aaaaallllll,
Lucky I play this game for freeeeeeeeee.

lol, if this game had subscription fee heart of the mists would be totally empty (oh wait.. IT IS empty, ’lmao)

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

5 days till patch day and Anet said to me,
I’ll give you a ladder,
And custom servers,
“Soon”
Anet why do you hate meeeeeeeee…..

in PvP

Posted by: Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

Lady Sara Goldheart.2764

About the ladder, they said it will come either earlier, on patch-day or shortly after.
At least according to what they said on last SotG.

in PvP

Oni.5429

Which, if they stick to their kitten idea of just sneakpatching it makes me furious.

If they were respectable developers they would have talked to us about how things are going. Is it in a state where it’ll be patched in tomorrow? Okay then, why can’t we get a forum post about that? Was there some sort of setback which will delay it by a month? Okay, would be great if they told that BEFORE the tenth of april.

We have no clue, and it’s insulting. It infuriates me that this is the company I talked so insanely high about and got about ten extra sales STRICTLY because I said what a great pvp they would deliver.

Yawn

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Which, if they stick to their kitten idea of just sneakpatching it makes me furious.

If they were respectable developers they would have talked to us about how things are going. Is it in a state where it’ll be patched in tomorrow? Okay then, why can’t we get a forum post about that? Was there some sort of setback which will delay it by a month? Okay, would be great if they told that BEFORE the tenth of april.

We have no clue, and it’s insulting. It infuriates me that this is the company I talked so insanely high about and got about ten extra sales STRICTLY because I said what a great pvp they would deliver.

Yawn

You’re going to get…a three paragraph blog (consisting of 2 sentences each) with no less than 4 large images (to make the blog seem larger) a day prior to the patch.

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

About the ladder, they said it will come either earlier, on patch-day or shortly after.

So, let me get this straight…
It’s either going to be before patch day
or on patch day
or after patch day

Really narrowed it down, detective meowmeow.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Oni.5429

or on patch day
or after patch day

rofl.

I will lick your face one day.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

or on patch day
or after patch day

It may also never come, hope that helps brah.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

It may also never come, hope that helps brah.

It doesn’t!
If you say that never is synonymous with occurring at t=infinity then it still counts as after the patch. You are the worst bamboozler ever.

I will lick your face one day.

And I will ignore the treachery and villainy of EU until this game has life enough to make the rivalry fun =3

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

(edited by mbh.8301)

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

I would have been overly happy with confirmation of just one feature for march patch, or even a dev post on what features won’t make it to patch.

The silence is bamboozling.

You can’t patch a major feature in without at least generating hype beforehand or at least a blog post on exactly how it’s going to work.

If they patch it in like a ninja and let the community figure it out on thier own……. That’s just lazy.

At least do one thing for me. Roll the tournament NPC into the PvP tab. Let me que for a tournament from anywhere in the game.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Well played Arena Net, Well played.

You announced one of the three things I wanted, Leaderboards. Even if they are as hidden as your matchmaking rating, it’s another step in the right direction.

I like to think my Christmas ditty was the spur you needed, but I might be clutching at straws.

See you on the leaderboards, in 2 weeks sometime. Just click the tab, sort by ranking and go to the bottom. I’ll be there, cellar dwelling

in PvP

Posted by: Air Rage.4870

Air Rage.4870

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Well played Arena Net, Well played.

You announced one of the three things I wanted, Leaderboards. Even if they are as hidden as your matchmaking rating, it’s another step in the right direction.

I like to think my Christmas ditty was the spur you needed, but I might be clutching at straws.

See you on the leaderboards, in 2 weeks sometime. Just click the tab, sort by ranking and go to the bottom. I’ll be there, cellar dwelling

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Silence ==Devs working so I am cool with that.
March madness is here so I can wait for a patch lol
Go Gonzaga

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

They mentioned balance adjustments in sotg, are any of them coming in this patch in next week?

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

No idea and doesn’t concern me either way. Balance is relatively fine as is IMO.

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

1 day till patch day and arena net said to me,
200 gems for custom servers,
And I Lol’d. That’s it. I Lol’d hard.

Where dem patch notes Anet?