March patch: make it or break it (for real)

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Arenanet, this is not another thread about incoming features we PvPers want to see as soon as possible or a whine post about the lacks of… pretty much everything in this game PvP-side (there are already tons of topic about this). Every top PvP player loves this game and his combat system, but we are also very tired and bored and we’re leaving due to the lack of new features and the proper attention by the devs to the PvP aspect of the game. The competitive scenario is gone from a long time and the PvP overall is stagnant. Only six months have passed and the PvP of the game is already dead.

This is an advice for you, Anet: the March patch is for real your last hope to bring back old players who left and to save the game. If the next update will suck as older updates, you can definitively say bye bye to the PvP aspect of GW2.

Arenanet, we all love your game and its mechanics. Save it now. This is your last chance.

P.S.: apologize my bad englisch

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Posted by: Sakulos.7963

Sakulos.7963

Do the posts like this will come every month?
Crying wont help, this is buy to play game.
I think they will show MMR soon, then your friends might come back.

[nRBL] Next Rebel guild leader

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

well QQ or not, i believe 99% (random stat) of the pvp playerbase is waiting for the BIG pvp patch as a last chance for anet to make this a decent game.
so yes, you can see thread like this every day, to make sure anet underestand what is their community’s pov about this game.

in PvP

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

^
you misspelled 100%.

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

yep, another " this is it, make or break" thread.
please stop doing this, this game doesnt have any subscription so there wont be any make or break moments, i bet that even if march updates sucks, and you quited the game, you would come running right back to it if the update next to ths one is great and implements everything you want it too, so please stop posting these threads.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackenX.7386

BlackenX.7386

Just bring Heroes’ Ascent back
and everything would be alright

it’s so easy to make the story background, make it like “Battle of Kyhlo”

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Stay tuned for next month where April is make or break.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

yep, another " this is it, make or break" thread.
please stop doing this, this game doesnt have any subscription so there wont be any make or break moments, i bet that even if march updates sucks, and you quited the game, you would come running right back to it if the update next to ths one is great and implements everything you want it too, so please stop posting these threads.

you really don’t understand, do you ?
once “competitive” players go away, they will simply keep playing the game they left gw2 for, probably a game where e-sport potentials are true and real (be it smite, LoL or path of exile or any other similar game).

once you start in there, you don’t simply quit, because you would lose followers on your streaming channel ( because those games have a greater following among whatchers than gw2) and the possibility to play in tournaments.

basically, they would lose money.

That’s why once they go away, they won’t come back.

a game can’t be only cathered to casuals, it needs the feature to allow competitive environments to take place, and this is not the case in gw2.

actually it doesn’t favour nor one neither the other ( instagibs, endless bunkering, AoE death and such).

that’s why this game is dying, that’s why march will REALLY be the " make or break" patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Wooyadeen.6491

Wooyadeen.6491

Do the posts like this will come every month?

They do… But if you look closely, number decreases each month (as well as playerbase).

My guild had ~450 people online in novembar, now when i log in to game i can see 10-15 ppl.

When you go to Heart of the Mists, you can see… well… you can see mist.

This was promising game…

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Arenanet, this is not another thread about incoming features we PvPers want to see as soon as possible or a whine post about the lacks of… pretty much everything in this game PvP-side (there are already tons of topic about this). Every top PvP player loves this game and his combat system, but we are also very tired and bored and we’re leaving due to the lack of new features and the proper attention by the devs to the PvP aspect of the game. The competitive scenario is gone from a long time and the PvP overall is stagnant. Only six months have passed and the PvP of the game is already dead.

This is an advice for you, Anet: the March patch is for real your last hope to bring back old players who left and to save the game. If the next update will suck as older updates, you can definitively say bye bye to the PvP aspect of GW2.

Arenanet, we all love your game and its mechanics. Save it now. This is your last chance.

P.S.: apologize my bad englisch

I agree. For me the March patch is the last chance. If it is another balance patch which changes nothing, like february, then I am out forever for sure. And will never come back. In addition, if there arent at least 1 or 2 of the features they have been talking about for months then I am out too. This is their last chance for me. And I am a fanboy lol.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

This patch isn’t make-or-break for me. I like the game and the features it’s missing don’t inhibit gameplay so I will continue to play, simple as that.

You know, this same thing happened with the HoN competitive community. See, competitive communities of well-established games like SC2 or DotA or WoW are shaped like a pyramid. When the game first comes out, you have a very large base of players who are not that good. Over time the skill level increases for some and they form the next level of the pyramid. Eventually you have a few excellent players at the top who are supported by the other layers of players below.

When HoN first came out it was not like this. You had lots of players who were already pro from DotA coming in, so the pyramid structure was messed up. There were a couple of players at the top but there was no support beneath them, so they stayed at the top for a very long time, pretty much untouchable. This made the competitive scene very unforgiving and it was extremely difficult for new players or new teams to get noticed and win games. After some time DotA 2 came out and the frustrations of the top players in the competitive scene came to a head and they kind of left en masse. Everyone on the forums predicted the death of HoN, so let it be written, so let it be done.

But look at HoN now. Their simultaneous active players is higher than before and the competitive scene is thriving. There are lots of teams that all have a fair shot at beating each other. This is because the pyramid structure has taken effect. Now that there is a proper base of players, teams can properly improve and fluctuate in rankings and new blood will come into the scene and it’s exciting.

So back to GW2 – I think the same thing is happening and will play out over the rest of this year. We’ve got lots of players from WoW or whatever other MMO-type arena games are out there comprising the top part of the pyramid with no base of player support. There have been a few bumps in the road and so some have left. However, this is not the end for GW2 PvP and things will improve. There are a few positive forces in the community who will someday see the fruits of their labors. It’s just going to take some time.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

(edited by lettucemode.3789)

in PvP

Posted by: Noctis Assassin.4035

Noctis Assassin.4035

The march patch is supposed to be WvW stuff. Feburary was the big patch. They also said ladder is coming out this month in its own patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Transistor.8746

Transistor.8746

Stay tuned for next month where April is make or break.

Yup. These “this is your last chance A-Net” posts are getting quite old. Expectations are set way too high. SC2 and LoL are dedicated E-sports titles and even they have swarms of critics saying balance does not come fast enough. This is an MMO with large WvW and PvE followings as well that also require additional content/tweeking. This is a simple case of “wait your turn.” There’s no sub, check back in a bit if you’re not happy and you will have lost nothing.

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

SC2 has lost a lot of players. Most jumped to League of Legends. Blizzard are trying to make a comeback with Titanic which might be Warcraft 4 or the new “WoW”.

As for me, I am still sticking because I am not a quitter, I have seen worse situations but today when I saw I had rank 1 and rank 2 members on my team I completely flipped.

MMR is flawed as hell. It is not the fact of losing but being aware that there is something at least that is shared rightfully and equally within your pug (rank/position/ladder/w.e so the loss explanation is focused else where.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

did’nt ya know the big pvp patch was this month?
and last month…and the one before that…
oh, and next month, and the one after that
eventually though the ole’ “we’re working on a pvp patch!” lie will lose its charm so they’ll have to actually make a pvp patch or the community will continue to trickle away as it currently is, one disappointed player at a time, until noone but Anet is left, wondering what happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Add dueling or public ffa arenas and I’ll be very, very happy.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in PvP

Posted by: MarcusGood.5270

MarcusGood.5270

Yup if we dont get some sort of matchmaking system that they announced back in oct ill be going back to competitive FPS! Counterstrike,bf3,Blockops..

I Kurupt I NecrO
United Tourny Playaz [uPVP]
Team 16 & Pregnant [bUmP]

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

+1 Kultas. I haven’t played pvp for over a month now and will also leave the game if they fail us once again this month.

Leman

in PvP

Sakulos.7963

Matchmaking is working, you just can not see what is your score/place.
In SOTG they said that they wont show the numbers for example:
Your rating is 1234.
You will see smth like that ( if i understand right ),
You are 764 (place in ladder).
The game needs to have smth to strive for, and ANET knows it better than you think, so i think they will release it as soon as possible.
Have faith.

(edited by Sakulos.7963)

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

ANET knows it better that you think

Any evidence or shall we stick to writing personal opinions as facts?

Leman

in PvP

Sakulos.7963

They made MMO game after all.

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

People who say the matchmaking system is in are either not playing or our team is just messed up. Our team consists out of rank 30 – 40 (at least 4 out of 5 players that is).

Now, yesterday in a 3 round tournament for we faced the first round against a team of rank 1 – 15 and won 500-0. The matchmaking rating doesn’t work with ranks but there is nothing else to relate to. Anyhow, the second round we faced Team Curse and got absolutely stomped 500-85, now it was cool to play against team curse but the fact that they put a complete noob team + a average team + a pro team in the same tournament shows that the matchmaking is either not in the game or just simple not functioning at all. This is just a single example but if you play a few hours a day you will notice that 9/10 matches you either stomp or get stomped. If this is because of a bad matchmaking system or because of the nature of PvP in Guild Wars 2 I don’t know. One thing is for sure though, that 1 match in 10 games that is close, feels great and shows the potential for a very competitive game with a strong e-sport scene.

I”ll add screenshots of the two matches when I’m @ home.

in PvP

Posted by: Syko.3726

Syko.3726

I quit beginning of february, waited for february patch.. I was disappointed and I didn’t come back. The big patch will never happen, that’s how i see it.

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

The reason they changed 3 round maps is probably to implement a proper matchmaking. At the moment also team curse and other high rank guild have a low ranking due to the fact that they never played 3 round maps in the past weeks. This problem should solve itself in the next week (at least during prime time).

But they have to implement the ladder urgently! -.-

in PvP

Posted by: MarcusGood.5270

MarcusGood.5270

Uhh to the guy who said he played curse.... You beat a team 500-0 so basically u skyrocketed your teams rating by crushing the noob team and u got placed against the other top team that was currently cued. Makes sense to me.

My team [buMp] gets on during primetime, we win 3-4 then find ourselfs playing hiba, khalifa, divinci and teams of that calibure. If we lose then we play another 35-40r team, win, go back to playing purp then back n forth back n forth. That gets old

I Kurupt I NecrO
United Tourny Playaz [uPVP]
Team 16 & Pregnant [bUmP]

in PvP

Posted by: Eccentric Duck.7510

Eccentric Duck.7510

You guys are so dramatic, if you are not enjoying the game in it’s current state then simply do something else, and come back when changes are made and you think you could enjoy the game again. Complaining is not going to make Arena Net work faster.

Salad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

You guys are so dramatic, if you are not enjoying the game in it’s current state then simply do something else, and come back when changes are made and you think you could enjoy the game again. Complaining is not going to make Arena Net work faster.

It’s more of a “We stil care about the game and want it to succeed”. If there’s no complaining A-Net would have no information what ppl think about the game. And as I can see A-Net read lots of posts and had adjusted changes and priorities on their list. From my point of view it’s not always constructive, but it’s still useful for the devs.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

People who say the matchmaking system is in are either not playing or our team is just messed up. Our team consists out of rank 30 – 40 (at least 4 out of 5 players that is).

Now, yesterday in a 3 round tournament for we faced the first round against a team of rank 1 – 15 and won 500-0. The matchmaking rating doesn’t work with ranks but there is nothing else to relate to. Anyhow, the second round we faced Team Curse and got absolutely stomped 500-85, now it was cool to play against team curse but the fact that they put a complete noob team + a average team + a pro team in the same tournament shows that the matchmaking is either not in the game or just simple not functioning at all. This is just a single example but if you play a few hours a day you will notice that 9/10 matches you either stomp or get stomped. If this is because of a bad matchmaking system or because of the nature of PvP in Guild Wars 2 I don’t know. One thing is for sure though, that 1 match in 10 games that is close, feels great and shows the potential for a very competitive game with a strong e-sport scene.

I”ll add screenshots of the two matches when I’m @ home.

To be fair, Curse does not really have a high matchmaking at the moment. Ever since arenanet reset the mmr and essentially threw away our efforts of being #1 without even announcing that they were going to we’ve lost all sorts of incentive to play, especially now that all of the teams that can reliably compete with us has either quit or is on a hiatus. That one day we’ve met (I’m assuming it was two days ago) was the first time Crs played together in what must be over a week. Further, we’ve trolled around in soloque/pugs, not really cared about the mmr.

It sucks but a lot of pugs/lower teams are going to face us because of this. But until arenanet actually solidifies the current rating that we current have we aren’t going to seriously invest the typical 7h/day into practicing together and maintaining a 99% winratio.

There is mmr though, I can more or less guarantee that.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

The game is pretty much dead. Atm in europe (14.00):

• 3 round dont pop
  • Only 15 of 325 hot join servers are being used. That’s a 4,6%. And half of this servers have 2 people. (So that makes a 2-3%)

Attachments:

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

14h00, Weekday

You said it!

Snow Crows [SC]

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

14h00, Weekday

You said it!

135 people playing in Europe

In any other game 135 would be sad for a single server, but im talking about a whole continent.

If you think that’s an active population, then gg

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Wooyadeen.6491

Wooyadeen.6491

• 3 round dont pop
  • Only 15 of 325 hot join servers are being used. That’s a 4,6%. And half of this servers have 2 people. (So that makes a 2-3%)

GW2 died 6 months ago. Developers developing promises only, they dont care about game.

They did not know enough to create good game, but they are masters at marketing.

Ofc is bad, no it’s very bad. A successful game should have more than 1-2 thousand people playing at 14.00 pm.

No it’s not bad, no it’s not very bad. It is a disaster. Game died. My condolences.

(edited by Wooyadeen.6491)

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

• 3 round dont pop

If you dont press refresh you only get a few of the servers showing as populated because there is a lag in the system. So your photo is incorrect sorry, but I dont disagree with your general point. Here is how many are on when you press refresh a few times:

Attachments:

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: Dsquaredcri.9421

Dsquaredcri.9421

Gw1 had thousand and thousand people playing in every time of the day. Omg if i would be the director/chief of AN i would just fired everyone is working on pvp. You F A I L E D

Dsquaredcri, necro for Rush team

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Gw1 had thousand and thousand people playing in every time of the day. Omg if i would be the director/chief of AN i would just fired everyone is working on pvp. You F A I L E D

There are thousands of people currently playing pvp in the eu. There is almost 1000 in hotjoin and will be alot in tournies too.

in PvP

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

+ Those who just stand in the mists doing nothing; those in WvWvW (Some spvpers enjoy WvWvW too!) etc..

Snow Crows [SC]

in PvP

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

well i don’t know about midday/14:00 ques as i’m always working but when i log in at 9pm till around 2am there is atleast 380+ servers being used and tbh i was suprised as i left the game around novemeber (or whenever the hell MoP came out) for a bit.

saying that granted i want to see rankings, smaller scale battles, some balance with burst ideally etc etc i would also like to see PvE armor + weapons usable as transmutations in the mists would give a lot more variety.

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

In the meantime I went back to WoW (anet what have you done… I used to hate wow)

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”