Match Making System

Match Making System

in PvP

Posted by: ajhak.9716

ajhak.9716

Anet please consider working on the match making system. I don’t appreciate being matched up with top ranked players when im with much lower ranked people with less skill. The match is not fun at all when we are getting owned by the top ranking people in NA. the lowest ranked person on our team was in the 30’s and their team was made of all 80’s. Considering I’m friends with some of the people from the other team it didn’t bother me to lose, however for people that don’t have a relationship with high ranking players it feels awful to lose just because the match making system is broken. pls fixerino…

Match Making System

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I agree with this. It is not enjoyable at all as a top player to be matched against beginners. It feels really bad, and our only goal in those matches is to make sure that they all get some points so they get the match reward… It is quite a sad situation.

Match Making System

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

matchmaking will never be fixed. reason being playerbase is too small which there are various reasons for

Match Making System

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

That’s for TA yes, but it has to be fixed for soloQ. I actually do not mind being teamed with lower ranked, as long as opponent does have lower ranked people too..

The meta is however partly a problem in that, since it’s hard for beginners to handle builds such as hambow, turret engi, mm necro ,etc…

Match Making System

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

The meta is however partly a problem in that, since it’s hard for beginners to handle builds such as hambow, turret engi, mm necro ,etc…

Those are extremely rare on EU soloq. Meta there is very different and healthier for the game. Maybe if they would find a way to merge EU and NA the overall meta would change and games would be way more enjoyable for everyone.

Match Making System

in PvP

Posted by: ajhak.9716

ajhak.9716

Those are extremely rare on EU soloq. Meta there is very different and healthier for the game. Maybe if they would find a way to merge EU and NA the overall meta would change and games would be way more enjoyable for everyone.

Really, i didn’t know EU had a very different meta. What is it like there? Is it better and less “cheesier” than NA?

Match Making System

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Anet please consider working on the match making system. I don’t appreciate being matched up with top ranked players when im with much lower ranked people with less skill. The match is not fun at all when we are getting owned by the top ranking people in NA. the lowest ranked person on our team was in the 30’s and their team was made of all 80’s. Considering I’m friends with some of the people from the other team it didn’t bother me to lose, however for people that don’t have a relationship with high ranking players it feels awful to lose just because the match making system is broken. pls fixerino…

Was this team arena or solo arena?

Because team arena wasn’t designed for matchmaking between solo players or small groups, it often places a high-ranked team against a low-ranked one. This happens because the system attempts to simply form a team first. It looks for other players somewhat close to your own rating and then puts you on a team roster with them.

After the roster is formed, it looks for another roster close enough to go against yours. Unfortunately, sometimes the matchmaker already took the five highest-ranked players in the queue and placed them on the same team, leading to some unfortunate matchups.

The solo arena matchmaker shuffles teams and you’ll theoretically never see a situation where one team has a significantly higher average rank than the other. The ten players are shuffled together so that the strongest players end up on opposite teams.