Match quality

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

In the 4 games that I’ve played;

Necro running straight from spawn (at the start of the game) wait 2.5 minute for beast and fail to solo it. (Yes 2.5 minutes.)
People triple capping the home-node at the start of the game.
Thief running Signet of Shadows + Shadow Refuge.
Thief asking how to change his weapons.
Elementalist asking Scrapper to reroll to a “meta class”.

I ended last season on legendary rating.

Optimise [OP]

(edited by Loop.8106)

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Valfaros.6908

Valfaros.6908

Same here, clueless people. Maybe they resetet the rating.

+People not even showing up to 3 matches out of 6…quality games.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Wisdom.4712

Wisdom.4712

Welcome to the new season. First two games, one rager and one afk sitter after less then 2 minutes.

Science like nature must also be tamed, with a view toward its preservation.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Isn’t that the usual placement / season start mess ?

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Match quality

in PvP

Loop.8106

Apparently placements doesnt count leavers. Had a fantastic 3v5 game from start to finish that still counted towards a loss.

Attachments:

Optimise [OP]

Match quality

in PvP

Loop.8106

/15 char

Attachments:

Optimise [OP]

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Cal Cohen

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Next

Apparently placements doesnt count leavers. Had a fantastic 3v5 game from start to finish that still counted towards a loss.

The game still shows as a loss in the UI but your rating is unaffected.

cmc in game

Match quality

in PvP

Loop.8106

I did get an extra loss on the placement UI and it did count towards the 10 games.

Optimise [OP]

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Why do you continue to not allow visible MMR per player? You made it virtually impossible last season to even view other player’s MMR by adding them as friends. It’s almost as if you’re hiding something…We should be able to see when your system is failing. Also, there should not be such a wide gap between divisions playing each other. It defeats the whole purpose of divisions. Bronze people playing with Platinum and above only adds to this crappy environment that you created.

Match quality

in PvP

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Next

I did get an extra loss on the placement UI and it did count towards the 10 games.

Right. The UI shows the game as a loss, but your rating was unaffected. Usually when a teammate leaves the match you see the 0 for your rating change after the game ends. During placements your rating isn’t visible yet so you don’t see the 0, but that same result happens.

cmc in game

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Abraxxus.8971

Abraxxus.8971

Just played my first 3 placement matches, lost all 3 by a wide margin and already discouraged with the season. I realize that the beginning of the season is always chaotic, but just watching my teammates run about aimlessly, running single file to mid constantly to be wiped, and generally not listening/reading team chat is just disheartening.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: tragedy.2750

tragedy.2750

Just got guard in my team and he asked why he cant glide in pvp-_-

I mean realy,allowing 0 game people playing ranked omg. Let ranked only for people having 100-200 unranked pvp games or somthing like this. Its just unplayble

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

This is while I’m waiting for one of my buds I can be in TS. To decide to maybe log into GW2. At least we can snowball our team to victory if 4v5 against the enemy team.

Other then that, reading all I’ve read here. I’m going to hold on, on doing my placement matches for another week or two or three. I honestly not in the mood to 1v5 other higher ranked ranked players in Ranked this season.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

Mine haven’t gone well either.

• one match we had a theif that stopped playing after he was downed the first time going from home to far. This was after I was able to rez him, kill the thief that downed him, and decap the far node and take down the guard that came over to help. He/she just stood there watching the whole time. Our team was in great shape up to that point, and should have been a fairly easy win.
  • Had a solo capping offensive ele in two other placements that kept getting farmed once the team realized it wasn’t running the meta build. It wouldn’t even go to the team fights where it could get support.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

Legendary armor up for grabs. It’s gonna get ugly out there this season, good luck all.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Bad matches so far. The outlook seems pretty bleak. That’s especially true with new specializations dropping into the mix mid – season.

Mesmerising Girl

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Carlos Adriano.7894

Carlos Adriano.7894

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Carlos Adriano.7894

Carlos Adriano.7894

This PvP season has already turned me off! Ppl quitting in the first 3 minutes, get killed and refused to leave home; sit there and pout! you report them and nothing happens! two games later you see them doing the same thing! Get rid of the wings! All of these non-fighters just here to get wings off of better players game-play. IF they have to fight they quit! Have no interest in their ranking. They just want to walk around wearing wings!

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

t

Right. The UI shows the game as a loss, but your rating was unaffected. Usually when a teammate leaves the match you see the 0 for your rating change after the game ends. During placements your rating isn’t visible yet so you don’t see the 0, but that same result happens.

if disconected one didnt even show in preparation time, match never have to start

(edited by megilandil.7506)

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: zoopop.5630

zoopop.5630

This season to me has been better then the last season for placements. I had two afk games happen , one game with bots(can’t believe it happened), and two loses because we weren’t able to pull it together.

Ended up being 5/5 but last season placement for me was 2/8 with a kitten load of toxic players. Ended up in bronze last season after placements and moved up to gold 2. This season I’m gold 2 and hoping to get plat by end of the season.

I agree that match making sucks but I personally feel half the people posting in here are making excuses / lying to them selfies about their level of game play/skills. Placements don’t determine your level it’s the rating you earn at the very end and your ability to handle most matches thrown at you.

FYI I did my placements on a new class I never tried played before just because I feel comfortable/knowledgeable with the class to climb up with no excuses at all.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: MasterD.4790

MasterD.4790

So it doesn’t affect your rating, but it counts as a placement game? That makes no sense. You essentially lose your ability to place higher because someone left a match?

Gamadorn the epitome of a hotjoin hero

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

Well if it works like that you also do your placements match over 9 games only, which will place you lower than you could have been.

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: masterfan.8375

masterfan.8375

So it doesn’t affect your rating, but it counts as a placement game? That makes no sense. You essentially lose your ability to place higher because someone left a match?

Exactly that, but devs just don’t get it…

Match quality

in PvP

Previous

Cal Cohen

QA Embed

Well if it works like that you also do your placements match over 9 games only, which will place you lower than you could have been.

All aspects of rating (including deviation and volatility) are unaffected by a forfeit (4v5). If you get a forfeit during placements, your first game after will essentially have the same behavior as the 10th placement game except that the rating delta will be visible.

cmc in game

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

All aspects of rating (including deviation and volatility) are unaffected by a forfeit (4v5). If you get a forfeit during placements, your first game after will essentially have the same behavior as the 10th placement game except that the rating delta will be visible.

To clarify this: placement games is just a special name given to the first 10 matches of the season where your rating is hidden. They’re not doing special placement procedures or calculations, it’s simply to allow a reasonable amount of games so that your rating change stops swinging wildly before you can see it.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

So if I’m understanding you, if you lose a match during your first 10 placement games, and the loss is caused by a DC, your placement is determined by the remaining “valid” placement games?

What if 9 out of 10 games, you had a DC and lost? That means placement is based off of 1 legit game? Heaven forbid that you played 10 games, and all 10 were losses due to a DC. What then?

And these situations are only if the system registers your loss as a forfeit. AFKers and poor players don’t count towards this, so being Plat or Legend is meaningless last season if you have Bronze or Silvers on your team now.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

What if 9 out of 10 games, you had a DC and lost? That means placement is based off of 1 legit game? Heaven forbid that you played 10 games, and all 10 were losses due to a DC. What then?

You need to realize that placement is just a UI thing. There is 0 difference as far as the algorithm is concerned between your first ten matches and the rest of the season.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

The trick with MMR is that it works as intended (on paper). But it forces me to wonder why it happens so frequently? During the last week of the previous season I was fed up with stuff that took place and went into some other games. Paladins and HoTS for example, I didn’t have that much of a hard time to get a good team AGAINST a good team as well, I felt the impact. Of course there were blowouts, but the number of these is not as dangerously high as here. I can safely say that more or less 85% of my games previous seasons were lost/won in a hard gap. Either roflstomp the enemy or you get rolled over. I’ve seen how the enemy fought, they were like chickens for slaughter, easy win. But when the tables turned over, I had to struggle to keep a point with one or two other players while the rest of the team was kept by the throat or just killed off instantly.

The problem is not really class balance (although it has an impact). The thing is, lopsided matches happen too frequently. It’s hard to tell if you get to 250 if you really deserve it if you win against scrubs. Sometimes you can’t take advantage and "carry" the game if opponents that you face are on your level and won’t even let you carry the game. Well... first of all I don’t believe that there is something as "carrying" you either have more of an impact in the game or not. If you "carry" you just face dumb enemies who let themselves get played by your rotation/fighting skills. This is not an accomplishment. It is a team game and to win there has to be everyone in it, be it a little work or lot of work put into it. You won’t "carry" if your team doesn’t at least hold their ground instead of dying off as soon as you leave a fight to decap or something.

So in the end, a majority of matches is your team of 2-3 decent players and the rest mediocre/newbies vs 5 decents/3decents + lege duo or the other way around. It is a stream of luck to have a good match where you can easily take advantage of your enemy’s mistakes as well as they can. Just... don’t stack bad vs good. Being bound to lose is making more people frustrated.

P.S.
No I am not playing ranked right now. I’d like to have a peace of mind for some time before I get lost in the salt again.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

You need to realize that placement is just a UI thing. There is 0 difference as far as the algorithm is concerned between your first ten matches and the rest of the season.

So placement matches are meant to just hide your MMR until you’ve “settled” into where you belong. Fair enough. But what about the other problems being discussed outside of a forfeit game?

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

Legendary armor up for grabs. It’s gonna get ugly out there this season, good luck all.

^ This right here!

This is why you don’t give access to stuff like that, which real PvP players have no use for.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

Meanwhile over in unranked… Things are even worse.

But it just could be more of the skilled player base avoiding ranked, and farming unranked more than usual? (just got farmed by a premade, 5 v 4. One intentionally sitting out)

But nobody cares about unranked right.

Attachments:

Match quality

in PvP

Asur.9178

Meanwhile over in unranked… Things are even worse.

But it just could be more of the skilled player base avoiding ranked, and farming unranked more than usual? (just got farmed by a premade, 5 v 4. One intentionally sitting out)

But nobody cares about unranked right.

That’s better than this joke, where every single loss was literally caused by an afker or thanks to dcing people. 2 back to back games had the same person afk once and dc another time.

Attachments:

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

after finishing my placements(6-3(one not even apeared one match) last season 1100 this i start this at 1350 (aprox like all other seasons, get a decent placement matches to get after a horrible lost streak that pulls me to be bronze or near bronze and having to brag to recover)) yesterday nigth (euro time) i take a look to classification and i noticed that in these moment top 250 starts at 1440. this is the cause of bad match quality in a match with a little of deviation you can get a top 250 or me ,a poor silver dweller,

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

^ This right here!

This is why you don’t give access to stuff like that, which real PvP players have no use for.

There is no such thing as real pvp players. There are however dedicated pvpers but those are so insignificant that it is a wise choice not cater to them exclusively to them.

Pvping exclusively doesn’t make you a real pvper, it just makes you a dedicated person, which in a game like this kinda stupid.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

I soloed a paladins scrapper and an inspirations mesmer ins a match as a condi thief and lost. They werent lit or anything, just 100% to 0 and my allies to lost that.

This is coming from being in plat last season, these are my first match allies.

Whatever, I can get it again. I’m already stomping. But this mmr system is also screwing me. I lost 20 mmr with a literal bot on my team, and gain 12 on a normal win. Cool.

(edited by duster.7013)

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Ami.5842

Ami.5842

I just wish someone looked at pvp-related reports. There are players who willingly afk and throw matches because there’s pip gain on loss either way. By willingly I mean they sit in home base the entire match and talk about how they don’t care about the match or team because they still get rewards, but they are ruining the game for anyone unfortunate to get matched with them. This practice does not give them dishonor because they are technically considered participants in match even if they do nothing, just run their mouth (or keyboard) and results in a heavy collateral damage to those on their team. A -38 takes 3 wins to recover and that’s a harsh punishment for something we have no control of, but YOU do, Anet!

Please find a way to address this issue. It’s persistent and not isolated to a single player unfortunately, I’ve seen a few do this on either my team or enemy’s. If you don’t want to ban them from all areas of the game it’s understandable, but they should either be denied progress in tournament or restricted in ranked PvP during seasons because of such actions.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Kiritodatrth.1548

Kiritodatrth.1548

Ow… I was reading this post… I havent done placements yet… I wonder whether is not better to wait for the PoF release… Mostly PVERs will go for their mounts and I can play in piece…??? I’m not good enough for Legendary… Im gold3/plat1 player and already crossed some pretty creepy stuff last season, soloing as necro-.. I ’m wondering what is the best strategy to avoid frustration…

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Ow… I was reading this post… I havent done placements yet… I wonder whether is not better to wait for the PoF release… Mostly PVERs will go for their mounts and I can play in piece…??? I’m not good enough for Legendary… Im gold3/plat1 player and already crossed some pretty creepy stuff last season, soloing as necro-.. I ’m wondering what is the best strategy to avoid frustration…

I was thinking the same thing actually.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Match quality

in PvP

Asur.9178

^ This right here!

There is no such thing as real pvp players. There are however dedicated pvpers but those are so insignificant that it is a wise choice not cater to them exclusively to them.

Pvping exclusively doesn’t make you a real pvper, it just makes you a dedicated person, which in a game like this kinda stupid.

You’re trying to be pedantic. You can call it whatever you want; it’s the same thing.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

I’ve myself ran signet of shadows for a long time on thief for various reasons, never doing really bad. It’s good to leave builds a chance usually.

That being said, regarding unranked experience off season, condi spam necro and DH, although not so efficient at top level, are probably a cause of these bad behaviours.

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Dicey Garlics.3918

Dicey Garlics.3918

yeah i feel you on this.. i am an active pvp player.. and i allways get potato teams.. matchmaking is broken.. it should take in consideration the overall games palyed too…
i cant be in a team with potatos with my stats…

Attachments:

(edited by Dicey Garlics.3918)

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

yeah i feel you on this.. i am an active pcp player.. and i allways get potato teams.. matchmakind is broken.. it should take in consideration the overall games palyed too…
i cant me in a team with potatos with my stats…

is your winrate better with or without pcp?
could you please specify if that’s just for the thief class, or if pcp effects performance on other classes too.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Match quality

in PvP

Posted by: Actiondan.8146

Actiondan.8146

A proper team-queue would fix most of these issues.

We should have a team queue ranking separate from solo-queue.
I realllly want to play with my friends, Anet

http://www.twitch.tv/actiondantv
Dragonbrand – NA
Thief | Warrior | Necromancer | Ranger | Guardian