Matchmaker streaks

Matchmaker streaks

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I understand why the matchmaker pushes 50% w/l.

But this…this is not a good way to do it. This isn’t fun for anyone

Attachments:

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Matchmaker streaks

in PvP

Posted by: kuben.9826

kuben.9826

Your left half looks exactly the same like mine (necros unite!) and never experienced right one. I’m ready for ultimate defeat combo!

Matchmaker streaks

in PvP

Posted by: venusiano.8246

venusiano.8246

I understand why the matchmaker pushes 50% w/l.

The problem is: matchmaker should not really push for 50% W/L, because it does so by punishing the good players and rewarding the bad ones. And that is not only unfair but leads to system exploit (since low MMR is the way to progress).

Matchmaker streaks

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

just endure the loses and the wins may come.

taking long breaks in between games seems to be able to help some what.

i only play 3 ranked games per day now.

Matchmaker streaks

in PvP

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

Pushing 50% W/L doesn’t motivate anyone to improve while compromising the position of those that are already good. To top it off, the straight losing streak is a pretty brutal treatment to veteran pvpers.

It’s hard to respect how they structured their competitive platform.

But I know they have their reasons – due to the small numbers, they need to retain the lower skilled player by rewarding them at the expense of better players. I’m referring to soloQ, still the most dominant queue format

Matchmaker streaks

in PvP

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

won 10 in a row on a bunker memser , never having played it ever b4.

I have since gone 3 – and about 30.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

Matchmaker streaks

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

This game doesn’t push 50% at all. lol

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Matchmaker streaks

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

I feel like something funky is going on with the matchmaking, or maybe im just having wierd results. This week i had a 9 win streak, followed by a 5 lose streak, and yesterday i had a 7 win streak followed by a 4 lose streak

Matchmaker streaks

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

The “streaks” allow you to advance tiers up to Ruby, so it’s not a bad thing as long as you get enough to go up a tier before hitting a loss streak. If you won and lost every other game, then you’d be stuck in Emerald league forever.

Matchmaker streaks

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

The 50% w/l adds an rng element to progression, and I absolutely destest that.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Matchmaker streaks

in PvP

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

Could not agree more.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Matchmaker streaks

in PvP

Posted by: Celine.6857

Celine.6857

The “streaks” allow you to advance tiers up to Ruby, so it’s not a bad thing as long as you get enough to go up a tier before hitting a loss streak. If you won and lost every other game, then you’d be stuck in Emerald league forever.

I AM stuck in Emerald for ever. 4 pips to then go to 0 pips to go back to 3 pips to lose one pip to lose another pip OOO I gained 2 pips, ah but then I lose again… IT IS A NIGHTMARE.

Samantha
Guild: Creators of Destiny Awakening [CDA] Disabled GW2 gamer; love all aspects of GW2!
Champion: Magus, Illusionist, Phantom and Shadow

Matchmaker streaks

in PvP

Posted by: Silverbleed.3169

Silverbleed.3169

At least you’re doing way better than what I’ve got going on. I have no clue where this comes from, it used to be about 50/50, but wtf? I don’t mind loosing, but this is a trend that doesn’t do good for my mood, especially if your teammates start blaming each other
I prefer the 50%…

Attachments: