Matchmaker-yet another fail

in PvP

Posted by: Talzed.4153

Talzed.4153

So… They have two groups of two players. they have two players in Sapphire and 3 in Emerald. My team has zero grouped players. Everyone in Emerald. We lost by 69 AND you guess it, we lose a pip.

Will Anet please just admit that this system is entirely fail and that they are NOT going to fix it this season IF ever? that would at least bring closure to this awfulness.

Attachments:

in PvP

Talzed.4153

Another for the list.
One group on the other team.
No groups my team

5 Rank 4’s their team
3 Rank 4s and 2 rank 3’s my team

Us 478
Them 501

We lose a pip.

Once again Anet: FIX IT OR ADMIT YOU DON’T CARE ENOUGH TO MAKE IT RIGHT AND ENJOY WATCHING PEOPLE RAGE QUIT

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

So… They have two groups of two players. they have two players in Sapphire and 3 in Emerald. My team has zero grouped players. Everyone in Emerald. We lost by 69 AND you guess it, we lose a pip.

Will Anet please just admit that this system is entirely fail and that they are NOT going to fix it this season IF ever? that would at least bring closure to this awfulness.

This one isn’t even bad.

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: Maskah.1486

Maskah.1486

I had a player disconnect today. As you guessed we got pwned and still lost pips.

in PvP

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

400+ vs 500

Seems like matchmaking is doing its kitten job, those look like pretty close matches.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Here’s my matchmaking story. 10% win rate over the past couple of days.

ANET this reminds me of the movie, “The Producers.” The two protagonists figure out that they can make more money failing than succeeding.

I honestly don’t understand the silence from the devs and system that seems almost optimized to be exploited? Please explain.

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

he is complaining about match prediction % not match making.
match making is doing a great job, but match prediction is not.

well match prediction is still kittened because as long as match prediction thinks you have at least 40% to win, you will lose 1 pip regardless of what score you get.

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

This forum is a joke. “Anet, i have lost a match and lost a pip, your matchmaking is broken!” What do you guys expect? Gaining pips for loosing matches so every pve monkey is legendary soon? Sure the matchmaking isnt perfect, but this one is completly legit. Of course you will progress very slowly, youre rank 35 and propably dont even know how this game mode works. Simply get better and stop whining…

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

This forum is a joke. “Anet, i have lost a match and lost a pip, your matchmaking is broken!” What do you guys expect? Gaining pips for loosing matches so every pve monkey is legendary soon? Sure the matchmaking isnt perfect, but this one is completly legit. Of course you will progress very slowly, youre rank 35 and propably dont even know how this game mode works. Simply get better and stop whining…

This thread is a really bad example of the poor matchmaking. There is bad matchmaking going on and losing pips for someone who dc’d beyond the 2 minute window is pretty silly.

I get where you’re coming from some people do sound very entitled, but it isn’t always an issue of an individual getting good. If you’re teammates can’t win a 1v1 or hold a point, fight most of the game off point, or chase people around the map that isn’t your fault the loss that results isn’t a matter of you necessarily needing to get good. Unless people believe, like the system, that one person should be able to carry a team.

(edited by Mysticjedi.6053)

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

Here’s my matchmaking story. 10% win rate over the past couple of days.

ANET this reminds me of the movie, “The Producers.” The two protagonists figure out that they can make more money failing than succeeding.

I honestly don’t understand the silence from the devs and system that seems almost optimized to be exploited? Please explain.

I am in the same situation. I am playing Revenant most of time since it is the class I haven’t completed the pvp achievements. My win ratio is like 10-20%. As I said in the other topic, I am not the best Rev in the world, but I am very very far from being the worst as the win ratio could suggest. MMR is complete broken for this char.

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

well match prediction is still kittened because as long as match prediction thinks you have at least 40% to win, you will lose 1 pip regardless of what score you get.

Which is reasonable.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Which is reasonable.

not really.

would be more reasonable if it is at least 50% and not at least 40%

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

Which is reasonable.

not really.

would be more reasonable if it is at least 50% and not at least 40%

40% is pretty good odds in a competitive environment. Ha! At least 50%? You’re just asking for a handout at that rate.

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Actually, a BIG… and I mean really really big problem atm is teams tanking mmr and match MAKING not compensating for it.

Just group up with a lowbie, tank your overall mmr with that, get easy enemies and rake in the pips. If the divide is big enough, you wont loose more than one pip, but get 2 or more pips on a win. If you do that with a full premade, or even better… with a duo, you basically cant loose.

GZ ANET. You once again failed thinking things through.

in PvP

meow one twenty.4376

Actually, a BIG… and I mean really really big problem atm is teams tanking mmr and match MAKING not compensating for it.

Just group up with a lowbie, tank your overall mmr with that, get easy enemies and rake in the pips. If the divide is big enough, you wont loose more than one pip, but get 2 or more pips on a win. If you do that with a full premade, or even better… with a duo, you basically cant loose.

GZ ANET. You once again failed thinking things through.

This. The percentages are very reasonable, but it’s this that ruins it.

in PvP

Talzed.4153

Yet another in my series of posts. The issue is that when the odds are stacked significantly against you, but you lose a close match you should NOT lose pips. From the developers themselves

“and in some cases you won’t need to win—you’ll simply need to beat a required score threshold if you’re matched against a team outside your skill bracket”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-pvp-leagues/

My argument is that they have far too narrow of a definition of outside of your skill bracket and/or the required score threshold.

Ultimately, I understand that matches are going to be lost. But to lose pips in matches like these means you are costing me time, effort and energy.

Once again FIX IT!

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Honestly, it is exactly those PVE monkeys that exploit the MMR that get to legendary.
There’s even exploitive group that only play Stronghold and abuse Well of Precog to protect door-breaker for a 100% sure win.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

So this has inspired a meme in me XD

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Coelho Nat.4697

Coelho Nat.4697

I also lost a match with a party of 5 with 4 players above my division. My entire team was solo with the same division as mine. We lost and I lost pip…

Anet will not fix this in this season.
In the exact moment people play the most (holiday vacation), Anet go vacation too. Genious!

in PvP

Talzed.4153

Why was this even a match? and please don’t tell me that the 2 emeralds arent highly ranked players on ftp accounts.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Why was this even a match? and please don’t tell me that the 2 emeralds arent highly ranked players on ftp accounts.

Attachments:

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Because the person who does matchmaking still hasn’t figured out that premades of 3, 4, or 5 should never be matched against 5 pugs.

in PvP

Ross Biddle.2367

Because the person who does matchmaking still hasn’t figured out that premades of 3, 4, or 5 should never be matched against 5 pugs.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

It is very confusing and frustrating.

Yesterday i had a match where everyone was all diamond. We had 1 thief and they had 1 thief (crazy right) but there team was simply better. We lost 300-500 and i lost 2 pips.

Another game i wont name names but 2 ESL players were partied up with a emerald player. So a 3-1-1 with 2 legendarys and everyone on my team being diamond. We lost a close match 450-500 and we lost 2 pips. I was so confused.

This one got me the worse. It was a fair match of 3 legendarys and 2 diamonds on 1 side and 2 legendarys and 3 diamonds on the team i was on. The game was 497-500 and i lost a pip. I mean how close to you have to get to winning.

The pip system is making people freak out. I think it has less to do with people playing certain people of division/premade/ other reason but the simple fact that no matter what you do in a loss you will lose a pip. I mean some of these games you are posting dont look bad at all and actually seem like fun games. Simply you lost a pip and it just doesnt seem fair which i can understand.

I think the issue isnt the MM but the league reward system.

in PvP

Talzed.4153

another example of a match that shouldnt have been. I would talk about the pips I lost, but the failmaker has cost me all of my pips, yet again….

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

another example of a match that shouldnt have been. I would talk about the pips I lost, but the failmaker has cost me all of my pips, yet again….

is that all gyros?

Because id prefer the sandwich

in PvP

Posted by: Vorenu.6943

Vorenu.6943

one screen is from before new year, had a good win streak after that getting me to ruby but now i’m back into the losing every game and now i’m taking a break.

Had a match against xerex too and im surprised since this was well into my losing streak so my mmr had to be rock bottom, lucky i had no pips to lose or i would have lost 2 im sure

Attachments: