Matchmaking

Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Not having a whinge, but Arena-Net, you need to make your matchmaking a tad stricter.

I joined up with 2 randoms, who aren’t in the top 1000 like myself and we que’d into Gasmask, Follidus, Steb, Enemy and Supcutie.

There isn’t a single way, on this earth, that we are even in the same league. Credit to those guys, they were nice about it and we all had a laugh and I feel better for playing the game out and I thought I acquitted myself well and actually learnt something. But in all reality, it was a walkover for them and its games like that shouldn’t even happen.

Tighten the algorithms A-Net, they are way too loose.

Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Might be a population issue together with the algorithm prioritising very short queues. I don’t mind waiting 5-10 min if it atleast gives me a balanced match.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

don’t worry, playing gasmask wont hurt your rating, it will only make it a lot better if you win.

Matchmaking

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

don’t worry, playing gasmask wont hurt your rating, it will only make it a lot better if you win.

Thats kind of beside the point. Its not a population issue cause there is lots of people queing atm. The matchmaking needs to take a few mins longer and have stricter algorithms to prevent these kind of games from happening.

Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

What I have noticed is this: without taking into account premades, it seems that the people on your team will be relatively close to your rating. HOWEVER, the team you will get matched up against will in many cases be a much lower or higher agregate. In other words, even the lowest rated player of the opponent team still seems higher than the highest of your team, and the other way around, in many cases I experienced. In these cases, I thought to myself the match would have been so much better if we had some of their players and they would get some of ours. Of course we don’t know the actual ratings but there is something you can say after you play some people many times over, combined with glory rank and rank on the leaderboards. So I guess what I’m saying is I wish the MMR would put more emphasis on matching against teams than matching with other players within your team.

Professor James – Mesmer

Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Could probably be tightened up more. They have to be careful though people will whine if the wait was long then a couple minutes. I wouldnt worry about fighting groups like Gasmic myself (the others mentioned are much better) but you do get too many premades solo-queueing. It was one thing before but the population has been steadily going up since the laurels.

Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

Could probably be tightened up more. They have to be careful though people will whine if the wait was long then a couple minutes. I wouldnt worry about fighting groups like Gasmic myself (the others mentioned are much better) but you do get too many premades solo-queueing. It was one thing before but the population has been steadily going up since the laurels.

And if they do not make a split between solo Q players and premades Q teams.
it will eventually make the new players not stick around , and people that dont have the time to create / find teams will move on to other games. That do care about the single players.

so basically they just removed paids / added laurels/ added MMR system that is only positive for premades , and hope that no1 will notice that normal tpvp will end like paids did in a few months.

Premades afraid to fight better premades , and only want to fight solo Q groups
eventually pvp will loos a lot of casual ( solo Q)players.
Leaving premades to fight premades = past paid tourneys. ( and we all know how that ended)

Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

What I have noticed is this: without taking into account premades, it seems that the people on your team will be relatively close to your rating. HOWEVER, the team you will get matched up against will in many cases be a much lower or higher agregate. In other words, even the lowest rated player of the opponent team still seems higher than the highest of your team, and the other way around, in many cases I experienced. In these cases, I thought to myself the match would have been so much better if we had some of their players and they would get some of ours. Of course we don’t know the actual ratings but there is something you can say after you play some people many times over, combined with glory rank and rank on the leaderboards. So I guess what I’m saying is I wish the MMR would put more emphasis on matching against teams than matching with other players within your team.

I find games like that as well.

Matchmaking

in PvP

Valkyriez.6578

Just to iterate, I have no problem getting crushed by 5 out of the top 12 players in the game on NA currently. It was a done deal and didn’t bother me. My issue is that the matchmaking put my and 4 complete randoms who are outside the top 1000 against that team.

Give the matchmaking more time to find appropriate matches and tighten the variables so these games don’t happen.