Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Yup, nothing else to see here….

Matchmaking 2017

in PvP

Posted by: Birdack.6714

Birdack.6714

No wonder nobody is playing PvP.

How many left still play GW2 itself (me included) XD ?

Matchmaking 2017

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m not surprised. Perhaps in a couple of weeks things will improve. I might do placement matches then.

Mesmerising Girl

Matchmaking 2017

in PvP

Posted by: SneakyTouchy.6043

SneakyTouchy.6043

I don’t even understand why they reset ranks with placement matches again. That should be for people who didn’t previously have ranks.

Also don’t understand why the rank tables are fixed instead of dynamic with a factor that shapes distribution by percentages.

It’s not hard to keep quality matching in place but they keep intentionally throwing it out the window.

Matchmaking 2017

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

“duo queue gives a huge advantage”

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Matchmaking 2017

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

After the last patch it was clear to me that Anet doesnt care about PvP at all.

I loved core GW2 PvP so much whether it was 2-6-6 or 6-6-6. I liked both so much more then HOT PvP.

The PvP forum complains for build diversity, for Anet to make sense of the huge amount of everything and Anet answer has been to buff things more.

PvP was about skilled game play and creating unique and diverse team set ups. Hot took a huge dump on PvP and WvW.

They didnt know what made GW2 fun and now we are at a point where veterans dont want to play it because its not the same game they enjoyed playing. New players dont love it because of spam and clutter effects they dont understand. Then to top it off no one like perma cheese which has been thief, DH, mesmer since HOT.

The only people still loving GW2 are people who raid.

Matchmaking 2017

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

actually if you played this game before HOT.

you can consider it has improved actually …

back in the day when i played a lot it was 5 man plugs vs 5 man pre made regulary.

Matchmaking 2017

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

actually if you played this game before HOT.

you can consider it has improved actually …

back in the day when i played a lot it was 5 man plugs vs 5 man pre made regulary.

I wish I was that lucky… alot pf casual on these forums may not like the competition but I love it. I prefer being put against good players.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

Matchmaking 2017

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

stopped after first placement not to ruin placements. Got a chaos team and we lost by 300 points so i come only back when i have one of my realy good friends on.. Well done MM ….

Matchmaking 2017

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

The matchmaking has always been like this and will always be like this. Its a game mode that leads to snow balling and the player base it not big enough to have many games where all ten player are in a really tight MMR range. All it takes is one side having a weak link or two and the game will be trash.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

Matchmaking 2017

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

They didnt know what made GW2 fun and now we are at a point where veterans dont want to play it because its not the same game they enjoyed playing. New players dont love it because of spam and clutter effects they dont understand. Then to top it off no one like perma cheese which has been thief, DH, mesmer since HOT.

This is arguable. I am not a huge fan of new maps, or meta builds, however i like posting out tactics in order to adapt and try to make the team do the best. The real issue to me is that, after few years, i still have to deal with unexpected attitudes and people not reading chat.

Typically what happened my last placing matchs :
- one game i typed twice " We have no choice than pushing lord " and spammed on it, we ended up being 3 there, with 2 guys standing on points although we had no way of winning on points
- i drawed on map and ping spammed to go to close point, one mate went to mid, our thief went to solo svanir and died in exactly 2 seconds, while i was dying on that close point..

I could bring a lot of similar examples, but it really gets old when it’s still the same happening along years, and i’m not sure the season system does really help..

Matchmaking 2017

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

This is arguable. I am not a huge fan of new maps, or meta builds, however i like posting out tactics in order to adapt and try to make the team do the best. The real issue to me is that, after few years, i still have to deal with unexpected attitudes and people not reading chat.

Typically what happened my last placing matchs :
- one game i typed twice " We have no choice than pushing lord " and spammed on it, we ended up being 3 there, with 2 guys standing on points although we had no way of winning on points
- i drawed on map and ping spammed to go to close point, one mate went to mid, our thief went to solo svanir and died in exactly 2 seconds, while i was dying on that close point..

I could bring a lot of similar examples, but it really gets old when it’s still the same happening along years, and i’m not sure the season system does really help..

I can give some examples,

So for instance my old guild team ran a power necro with lich form, i ran shout warrior and we had 1 shout guardian with staff. We would give the necro support and condi cleanses and then he would go lich form with 15-20 stacks of might. Which took team coordination to do. We had a player who played 1 vs 1 ranger and then we had a thief for +1 and decaps. We had some success in ToL even though it wasnt meta at all. The meta was d/d ele with cele engy. We were able to beat a team running meta comp because we were better. We then lost to a far better team.

Even in the 1 vs 1 rooms you would see MM necros beating players, rifle warriors winning fights, sword thieves winning fights. Right now there is literally nothing you can think of out side the meta that would even work.

Big reason why is before HOT you had to choose, other then D/D ele you had construct your team comp for more mobility, boons, condi cleanes and survivability.

If you go back and watch WTS 2 the play by play people are talking about how Orng are better at team fights and how the Abjured were better at spacing the map and creating the match ups.

This game use to have styles of play, with many different players running different builds. You didnt know what they were running, it could of been a power necro, a wells necro, a MM or the meta necro. Warriors had a condi cc build, meta power and shoutbow support, guardian had burns, medi dps and shout support.

When you play ranked PvP now 90% of the time when you see a ele you know what it is. When you see a DH you know what it is, warrior, rev.

You can still bring up strategy when your talking pushes/rotations/ and cornering. But i dont think you can compare pre-hot team set ups vs the HOT seasons where bunker meta 1-2. Then followed by broken spam seasons 3-4. With no teams or even a serious PvP scene due to the lack order Anet put into S5.

Or maybe i sound crazy either way dont let me ruin the fun, cheers.

Matchmaking 2017

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

i think this is largely due to this:

less pve rewards on pvp = less pve casuals in pvp = higher queue times = more volatile match quality = more blowouts = more class stacks

=

overall lower satisfaction for everyone in season 6

Matchmaking 2017

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

this season: 1 win – 5 lost – 2 wins – 5 lost – 1 win – 5 lost – 2 wins – 5 lost – 1 win 10 lost -….

Matchmaking 2017

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I don’t even understand why they reset ranks with placement matches again. That should be for people who didn’t previously have ranks.

I lost 6 or 700 points due to profession achievements for the Ascension last season. So I’m glad they reset. On the other hand I didn’t even realize a season was going on so I haven’t played any this year. Kinda scared what my placement matches are going to be like now that there are no good players near 1200 anymore.