Matchmaking

Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

This season is the best matchmaking and closest/most competitive matches I have seen.

Well done ANET.

There have been some glitches and bad matches, but, I’m at a 50% win ratio. To me, that’s near miraculous after seeing streaks of up to 68 losses in previous seasons.

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl

Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Seems to be working for some, while not as much for others. I’m at a little under 50% win rate (factoring in abysmal placement matches), all of my wins have been 500:200-300, with occasional stompings, and my losses have been basically the same. So far, I’ve only had one match where we won or lost by 500:470. Of the 20 matches I played post-placement, I managed 14-6 before hitting a losing streak.

Ignoring placement matches, I’m at anywhere between 60-70% win ratio depending on which side of the match I end up on (win by dominating the match, or lose by being dominated).

I’m going to keep monitoring the results on a day to day basis.

Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Kaburro.4712

Kaburro.4712

lol and we come to this

Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Well good im happy that you are enjoying PvP, you seemed very unhappy for a long time so, nice.

Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Close to 50% as well, most of my matches are actually pretty close, barely had any blowout matches so far.

Well… let’s see how it goes from here.

Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

Yeah big improvement for me compared to last season.

No 70+ losing steak.
No, I’m-only-playing-to-provide-fodder-for-other-peeps-enjoyment feeling.
Some truly exciting and close matches.
Blowouts – sub 100 scores – extremely rare.
Also rare afkers or I-give-up players, so suspect more peeps are more positive about PvP.

My experience is based on the 500 to 600 ranking range.

Kind of obvious now that there was a lot of farming by premade-teams in the last season or two – which of course drove peeps out of PvP – hopefully some will return, as it does feel that there are fewer players overall nowadays.

The only thing I would comment on is that despite quite a lot of effort my rating seems rather static – going no where. I do wonder on Euro servers whether language is killing any ranking sense at lowbie levels – i.e. multi-language solo/duo teams are at such a handicap that ranking is meaningless.

Clearly evident at these levels that tag-teams >> any variation in classes and that some very good solo players as opponents stand out far more.

Still far more enjoyment than last season so I guess it doesn’t matter if fun is your game!

(edited by lilypop.7819)

Matchmaking

in PvP

Posted by: Link.1049

Link.1049

I’m on the opposite of the bell curve… went from a 60% win rate (which didn’t affect my rating pretty much at all) to losing a division and a half in a couple hours. But I got my 20 gold chest so that’s something.