Matchmaking Blacklist

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Please for the love of god Anet HURRY UP AND MAKE THIS A THING

Engi STARTS the game by calling the rest of the team kitten, telling us that we’re going to do nothing but rotate off point, and then proceeds to do exactly that himself, pushing far and dying repeatedly. Why can I not blacklist people like this so that I don’t lose games while watching helplessly because it’s basically a 4v5.

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

because such a system would be open to so much abuse

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

SolarDragon.7063

Really? Any abuse I can think of is self-destructive.

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

blacklisting anyone you feel is a worse player than you so that you only play with people better than you, except when everyone starts doing that then noone gets to play with anyone -

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

The problem is that at higher levels there’s such a small pool of players already, that any such blacklist would make the queues take FOREVER. Other changes to the matchmaking system need to come first.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

SolarDragon.7063

blacklisting anyone you feel is a worse player than you so that you only play with people better than you, except when everyone starts doing that then noone gets to play with anyone -

So…. assuming that you magically kitten every player correctly… and other people do that… you never get to play.

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: Bandlero.6312

Bandlero.6312

Maybe it is just coincidence, but over my years playing PvP, I have noticed than when I add someone to my block/ignore list, I seem to never get matched with or against them ever again.

The original [WvW] guild
Fergusons Crossing Invader
http://gw2command.com

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Maybe it is just coincidence, but over my years playing PvP, I have noticed than when I add someone to my block/ignore list, I seem to never get matched with or against them ever again.

It’s a common urban legend, heard this many times already. Unfortunately, it’s also not true.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

SolarDragon.7063

I can confirm it’s not true, unfortunately.

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yep.i can confirm it is not true, got the same guy ranging at everyone for 3 games in a row even though I blocked him.

What I do is add the bad/raging players to my friends list and give them nicknames like rager1, afker1 what have you, then queue dodge them if possible.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

If you are suggesting this because of Overwatch then don’t because they also use it to avoid good players which is causing Blizzard to take it out (if its not been removed already)

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

If you are suggesting this because of Overwatch then don’t because they also use it to avoid good players which is causing Blizzard to take it out (if its not been removed already)

That’s Blizzards fault for not putting a cap on people to blacklist. They should have put a cap of about 10-20 people. Then only effect your team. That’s how it should work.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I agree in principle, but not so sure about the practicality.
I say ANet try it and then see how it goes. Assuming it doesn’t take too much effort or could conceivably be done without impacting anything else (I’d like new content over a black list myself)

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I can see an “Avoid this player” feature work if the list is limited to 5-10 players. And if queue time is greater than 5-10min it will be ignored.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Matchmaking Blacklist

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Dying way out of your league isn’t exactly fun though.