Matchmaking COMPLETELY Broken

in PvP

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

There’s no other possible explanation here, MMR and Matchmaking is currently broken. You either get stomps or stomped. You’re either on a massive winstreak or you get loss after loss after loss. It’s not even who you’re being matched against now, it’s who you’re being matched with.

Whatever the algorithm for selecting team mates is, it’s broken. When you can queue with a couple friends who are around about the same skill level and stomp the enemy and excel personally, but then solo queue or duo queue and get team mates who might as well be playing unranked or even worse, are literally an entire division below you, something is wrong.

I know I’m not the only one experiencing this either. Hell, we’ve just had people forming guilds because this is a problem, yet we’ve still had absolutely no acknowledgement that something is wrong or that they’re “looking into it”.

Leagues are broken and need to be fixed.

A personal example:

Just today I had a match that I lost. I kind of expected it and everyone played “okay”, but something felt a bit off. The match ends and lo and behold I’m matched against 5 rubies with 2 Sapphires on my Team. I was T2 Ruby at the time. This shouldn’t happen, but I shrug it off, maybe it was just bad luck.

Next game. I ask in team chat if they’re all ruby “nah but I’m close” I’m told by 2 people. Of course they are.

I’m frustrated but keep playing and we inevitably loose. I’m guessing you can see where this is going.

My enemy team? 4 Rubies and a DuoQ’d Sapphire.

My team? Myself, 1 Ruby and THREE, count em, THREE Sapphire players.

I distinctly recall ArenaNet saying matchmaking was going to be heavily based on your division and not your MMR. Why then am I getting matched with players in the division below me, and not just one, but basically my whole team, and then being matched against an entire team of ruby players.

Maybe it’s just me, maybe I’m just a baddie who belonds in Amber and I got carried all the way up to Ruby by some extremely patient friends or something else, but something is clearly off here and it has to be looked into if ArenaNet wants leagues to be taken seriously on any level other than a back piece-grind. Leagues don’t represent skill right now, they represent luck.

Attachments:

noice

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

High tier saphire is in the pip range till t3 of ruby i believe

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in PvP

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

Wait a second…
As an example you show a picture with 3 soloplayers (ruby) 2 teamplayers (ruby/sapphire) VS 5 soloplayers (3 sapphire/2 ruby) and call that an example for bad matchmaking?
Thats hilarious…
Something like 5 dias against 5 ambers would be different but still lacking background-information.
Maybe every ruby-player had a loss-streak before —> matching against lower-ranked enemies
sapphire-players had a winstreak —> matching against higher-ranked enemies
ruby-players were still low ruby-division / sapphire high sapphire-divisions
Your team-mates were successful in last matches…

You see there are so many different reasons why things work out like that.
And I would definitly call that match on the picture well balanced when looking at it. But I don´t know how good/bad everyone played, so…

Has anyone claimed legues to show skill? Anyone can reach legendary if he plays enough.

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Doing my best to carry for XX amounts of games, either loosing close or winning… and once in a while just getting kittened over by teamcomp.

Then I play a game totally unmotivated, bored, not even really doing anything useful… rallybotting all over the map because I inc on 2-3 alone…. and its a pretty much clear win.

THATS broken. I played BAD in that game… and I WON. I played GOOD in other games and was rewarded with losses or close wins. Its the fact that… mmr itself is broken beyond repair. Its the fact that matchmaker doesnt balance teams against each other anymore. Its pretty much everything that was already written on these forums over and over and over and over… even WAY before league started when the new system was announced.

You havent experienced that yet? You are lucky. But karma is a kitten, and it will get you… except if you are playing premades only… or already in legendary because… you pushed there with your premade. GG anet. Another season a total failure. Surprise. Not.

in PvP

Posted by: Nathan Dragonslayer.4089

Nathan Dragonslayer.4089

I decided to stop playing pvp its no fun feels like a job. The teams i get matched against are way better and most of my teammates just suck. Totally clueless on what they even supposed 2 do. I get 2 normall matches followed by 3 i wanna kill myself matches.

Another Anet fail

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

Anyone who continues to spell losing as “loosing” deserves to be in “MMR HELL”.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Anyone who continues to spell losing as “loosing” deserves to be in “MMR HELL”.

Everybody watch out. The grammar police is in town.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

You doing poorly and being involved in a bunch of blow outs does not necessarily mean anything. We don’t know your skill level and there are always plenty of blow outs because things tend to snowball. There were plenty of blow outs in season 1 you probably didn’t mind as much because you were getting carried to victory in half your matches.

in PvP

Posted by: TheNickPrice.8457

TheNickPrice.8457

I’m so tired of hearing “all my teammates are trash every game, can’t win team fight but I do so well etc etc” people need to accept sometimes that they just possibly don’t belong in a higher mmr bracket and maybe, just maybe their teammates aren’t all trash but they (being the common denominator) may actually be having more of an impact in their loss then they think. By now people are just tired of hearing, and anyone who agrees is essentially agreeing because they are in the same pile, a winner will go on and win, knows if they lost they could have done something different and knows a slight change in what they did could have created a snowball/butterfly effect totally changing the outcome of any match. Winners however, will take the loss and learn, change, adapt and grow as a player, losers (and not a personal attack don’t take it as such) will lose, lose again, not accept it may be their own fault just blaming their teammates and go on playing the same they did the prior matches and surprise, likely lose again.

TLDR;

People feel better to blame others instead of themselves, you see this everywhere in life where people are not succeeding to their expectations but feeling is a temporary emotion.

People are empowered when they self reflect and improve what they could have done.

Winners Empower themselves, that’s why even when a winner loses they still win, not that match but they get to feel that empowerment when they know they could have changed something they did that could have released a butterfly effect on the entire match.

Never engage an enemy more powerful then yourself. If engagement is inevitable, do so on your terms.

in PvP

Posted by: ildjarn.7321

ildjarn.7321

There is something really broken in current system. I’m not a good player but i did not lose a single match in sapphire league, not a single one. In ruby i get 10-15win streaks and then can lose 10-20 in row just like that. Even lost two 5v4s just proves the MM puts all the really crappy ones in same team vs godlike players.

Näin on.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

I came back to the game last week. 6 days have passed. I went amber —> legendary in 6 days with 3-4 hrs of play a day. MMR isn’t as bad as people make it seem. Not everyone can hit diamond/legendary so it feels like it is working as intended IMO. I had my fair share of stomps, getting stomped, and carrying my team in 5v4’s but it is by no means impossible if you have the talent and level-headedness to keep pushing onward despite your setbacks.

in PvP

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

play at prime time if u want to avoid those mix division match
otherwise, outside prime time, u will encounter those quite frequently due to low population

also, i personally find myself winning frequently in NA prime time while losing in Eu to late EU. I find myself getting team with the same people more frequently during EU to late EU while NA prime has greater variety of players.

edit: i juz realise i replied to a month old thread, i am foolish.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)