Matchmaking Changes: 12/5

in PvP

Posted by: darksoul.9142

darksoul.9142

The matchmaking is horrible to me i keep finding unbalanced matches, i am a quite nobo player on pvp but before this new matchmaking i ahd good and bad matches; now only having matches where i play vs pros and get owned all the time it is totally not funny.

Where is the balance u promised?

in PvP

Posted by: Jiyu.8310

Jiyu.8310

Look people, instead of kittening about it try taking a look at http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm#Configuration_2 and try to see if u can find points where the imbalance in your matches is coming from.
Justin is openly communicating with u people in order to get feedback, so try to give proper feedback so Justin can work with it.

Personally I think adding the amulets that people are using (since it doesnt do this so far i think) might help to improve the matches (had quite a few matches were i mostly got paired with zerker with noone being able to properly defend a node).

Kranox – More Guns Than Roses [GnR]

in PvP

Posted by: Abaddon.2105

Abaddon.2105

A solution for LONG queue.

If average time per map is 15 minutes, then we could take this as a critical time for server to assemble a team.

If queue for certain player takes more than 15 minutes, then server could drop one matching factor to increase the chance of assembling the game.

After that, if it doesn’t help and queue takes 17 minutes (2 minutes later), server could drop another factor for that player.

Then after 25 minutes of queue player receives a message that assembling a match for selected game mode is impossible with suggestion of choosing different mode [ if ranked then unranked or alternatively practice].

To make this to work, you would have to set a priority list of factors, from which to start dropping and at which to stop.

San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of.

(edited by Abaddon.2105)

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

I think you Broke sPvP Sir! Congrats! just went 3 games and lost in landslides. My team could not even break 100. Soo…

1. What the Heckz did you do?? and
2. When you gonna fix this Sir?

didn’t you know, they intentionally match you up with the intent on your team losing.

btw, idk, im a nub. but when i solo in ranked i get mostly even matches and have been averaging 2/3 wins since the new patch. still getting lots of teams with 3 of the same professions. even had one yesterday with 3 rangers and 2 warriors, we lost that but i think its cause we had a dolt on our team.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: longbawl.5072

longbawl.5072

Yep. This is the least fun I’ve had in this game in a long while.

The aggravation is palpable. So far away from soemthing even tolerable that a fix by tuesday seems far fetched.

in PvP

Posted by: longbawl.5072

longbawl.5072

I’m so tired of thinking about matchmaking. I just want to come home and play video games. I’ve never played another game where the matchmaking is such a huge concern that it actually kills my fun for the night. I don’t think I even gave a thought to the matchmaking in WOW, Starcraft 2, League of Legends, or Dota 2.

I fully agree with this sentiment. Its not relaxing, fun, unwinding, what-have-you. Is it a wonder the community shrinks after every patch?

I would bet a good number of people that came back for this patch aren’t going to make it to next tuesday out of the sheer aggravation of playing.

I have never seen a community so convinced of its ability, yet so constantly playing incorrectly. I for one believe it has to do with the conditioning of hotjoin where bad play was effectively encouraged and people came to the conclusion their bad play = wins.

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

longbawl,

From my experience, in this game people VASTLY underestimate how much they were helped and protected by their team.

The team is everything. When your team is handling the opposition you are free to concentrate on DPS and not defense. The enemies go down and you feel like YOU did it. You feel strong and talented.

But if your team was weak, those enemies would have been all over you and you’d be running and dying.

I have over 4400 sPvP games (lots of hotjoin in there from earlier on, I admit). I am always so shocked at how weak I am without a strong team. I always forget. Until I have poor teammates. Then, I can’t seem to do a thing but snipe and run! And it feels so deflating.

But then I tell myself you need an average team behind you to really judge your own ability properly.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Nokturnal Lunacy.3186

Nokturnal Lunacy.3186

You see those people winning games, they are people who party with others in PvP. People just need to get out of that solo que all day mindset. Those who party will see more success.

This is good, because this game could use a lot more people playing cooperatively rather than I solo everything. Partying up means you might make a friend, and playing with friends makes games more fun. Playing with guildies you like make games fun. Things that are more social see more success. Look at facebook vs myspace. Myspace was like a solo site, you make your page look good and that’s about it. Facebook, you post status, everybody sees it and object is to keep commenting and liking other people, rather than Myspace where focus is just keep trying to make yourself look good. Facebook you make friends and you talk to them. Myspace you just try and make your friends list look as big as possible, to make yourself look good.

Dude you are chatting kitten. It has nothing to do with being in groups. I have duo queued and solo queued and its is the same. Farming total idiots. Anyone who has put enough time into this game to be good will be finding it the same. The issue is 100% just that the matchmaking is terrible for highly skilled players. Nothing to do with how they queue (group or solo or full team). They need to make it so that the system takes longer to find matches and only pops like it did before. I could team queue (on the rare occasion I did) with certainty on the old system that I would have competitive games. Now I know I won’t have any.

I was duo and trio queue btw. I didn’t try. Was half asleep. Let them cap points over and over. Messed around. And still won by miles. Not sure I died. And all this in 1 minute queues? The system has to try harder to find me a fun game imo.

wow talk about egotistical. Where’s your proof your so good? You talk a lot but where’s your proof? Let me guess you are using a cheese build too along with the rest of your party?

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

You see those people winning games, they are people who party with others in PvP. People just need to get out of that solo que all day mindset. Those who party will see more success.

This is good, because this game could use a lot more people playing cooperatively rather than I solo everything. Partying up means you might make a friend, and playing with friends makes games more fun. Playing with guildies you like make games fun. Things that are more social see more success. Look at facebook vs myspace. Myspace was like a solo site, you make your page look good and that’s about it. Facebook, you post status, everybody sees it and object is to keep commenting and liking other people, rather than Myspace where focus is just keep trying to make yourself look good. Facebook you make friends and you talk to them. Myspace you just try and make your friends list look as big as possible, to make yourself look good.

Dude you are chatting kitten. It has nothing to do with being in groups. I have duo queued and solo queued and its is the same. Farming total idiots. Anyone who has put enough time into this game to be good will be finding it the same. The issue is 100% just that the matchmaking is terrible for highly skilled players. Nothing to do with how they queue (group or solo or full team). They need to make it so that the system takes longer to find matches and only pops like it did before. I could team queue (on the rare occasion I did) with certainty on the old system that I would have competitive games. Now I know I won’t have any.

I was duo and trio queue btw. I didn’t try. Was half asleep. Let them cap points over and over. Messed around. And still won by miles. Not sure I died. And all this in 1 minute queues? The system has to try harder to find me a fun game imo.

wow talk about egotistical. Where’s your proof your so good? You talk a lot but where’s your proof? Let me guess you are using a cheese build too along with the rest of your party?

He has a point though. Even the top low tier, and mid tier players are face rolling all of their matches. There should be some expectation of blow outs on the high tier, but the mid tier should be fairly balanced, to promote gradual increase in player skill.

From a stand point of playing competitively in a relatively high tier, my team and pugs have to set up scrims with other teams and high tier pugs in order to have good games. I really do not have a problem with that. It’s just really unbalanced in the mid tier player base.

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

What the Heckz did you do?

I told it to match people as soon as it can.

When you gonna fix this Sir?

It get’s fixed permanently on the 16th, but I can ramp it up while I’m at work and this weekend when I have the time to monitor it.

How is the 16th matchmaking and leaderboards going to differ with what we’ve been experiencing previously?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

will dishonor play a role in the leaderboards?

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Matchmaking has never been worse, well done.

~~Ayeres~~

in PvP

Posted by: Marauding Scum.6728

Marauding Scum.6728

Congratz for making it more miserable than it was

in PvP

Posted by: tarcheg.4872

tarcheg.4872

EU:
Invite time is 5-30s max.
Match quality / match making is horrible. My highlight was the match in which all 5 players of one team left with 0 points on the score board. Never had this happened in 5k+ games before (iirc).
Class stacking was all over the place.

I gladly wait 3-5minutes for a match if its increase the quality by a lot.

in PvP

Posted by: Thom.1862

Thom.1862

thanks for kittening up this game even more just one kitten up after another I would rather the game went back to its start then to watch you morons continuously add kitten up after kitten up.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

EU:
Invite time is 5-30s max.
Match quality / match making is horrible. My highlight was the match in which all 5 players of one team left with 0 points on the score board. Never had this happened in 5k+ games before (iirc).
Class stacking was all over the place.

I gladly wait 3-5minutes for a match if its increase the quality by a lot.

It was like that last weekend. Killed queue entirely because there was no off-peak hour scaling. Justin will implement that tuesday, when the ladder resets. It should be better then.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Laceration.4290

Laceration.4290

So ummm…why is someone like me(atm ranked 94%) queuing solo and getting matched up against ppl from TCG? =P

Dr Laceration [AiD]
YouTube?

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

And what did a night of “testing” like this do to our MMRs?

Will we be getting these sorts of non-serious teammates for the near future then? And in the test season?

As Justin said, they got a fix coming. It’ll be def. in by next tuesday.

butch,

If solo-Q’ing tanked your MMR, won’t we be placed with low MMR teams from now on, unless we laboriously raise our MMR by “tending to win” of 40 or 50 games?

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

So ummm…why is someone like me(atm ranked 94%) queuing solo and getting matched up against ppl from TCG? =P

Same here, just got roflstomped by one of the TCG guys…