Matchmaking based on Rank

in PvP

Posted by: Zevix.1479

Zevix.1479

Is it too much to ask for matchmaking based on rank? You know… that pvp finisher that we all get matched with? Because I’m at Deer and I’m tired of being smacked with a dragon through my chest by someone who’s been playing SPVP longer than I have.

in PvP

Zevix.1479

Because maybe then new players to spvp like me wont feel like complete garbage and wonder why we even try to invest ourselves into it.

in PvP

Posted by: XanoNymOuS.5407

XanoNymOuS.5407

Rank =/= skill

The matchmaking system is using anets modified version (afaik) of http://www.glicko.net/glicko/glicko2.pdf which works excellent imo. The only problem with it is lack of population but thats another thing…

XyrosFrø

in PvP

Zevix.1479

Yeah, but I was hoping that it would act like the leveling in League of Legends 1 – 30, where at least it would be a bit of a learning curve instead of being thrown out into The Bane.

in PvP

Posted by: Zosek.3658

Zosek.3658

Rank =/= skill

The matchmaking system is using anets modified version (afaik) of http://www.glicko.net/glicko/glicko2.pdf which works excellent imo. The only problem with it is lack of population but thats another thing…

And why are we lacking population? Because ppl at anet are just too stubborn to pay any attention to pvp and…matchmaking is not that good.
I was not playing soloq for a month or so, yesterday i did 1 match (1!) and i got ranked with ppl that were/are top 25. Yes i know this is population problem, but they need to adress this issue. Because if it will go on like this, they will just lose more players.

in PvP

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Rank =/= skill

But rank == experience. Someone who has rank 80 at least knows the basics of PvP. Fighting against rank 80s as a rank 20 was frustrating as hell because some of those players really knew how to play their class.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.