Matchmaking broken/Not working as intended?

in PvP

Posted by: Luna.7834

Luna.7834

I just played this PvP match see attached screenshot…………

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

that is messed up on a new level and has to be a bug. Did you report a screenshot as well in game?

in PvP

Posted by: Jessica Boettiger.2563

Jessica Boettiger.2563

WvW/PvP/Skills Principal QA

Next

We’re aware of this issue, and working on the fix. Thanks for the report!

The change to long queue times went out last night, so this is the result of that. The search range is clearly expanding too much, so we’ll reconfigure it to be a tighter search again.

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

The change to long queue times for teams went out last night

FTFY

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

We’re aware of this issue, and working on the fix. Thanks for the report!

The change to long queue times went out last night, so this is the result of that. The search range is clearly expanding too much, so we’ll reconfigure it to be a tighter search again.

That fix was meant to have been implemented by now. Here’s Evan’s follow up message:

“Configs have been updated. There should be less of a spread in ladder positions now.
Part of the reason this is happening is because this season matches on both MMR and ladder position. Someone could have a lower ladder position, but have a very high MMR. Since they have to sit around a long time waiting for close MMR players, their ladder search range is also increasing at the same time.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Catastrophic-Matchmaking/page/2#post5914600

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

I don’t see how expanding the range of players that can be in a match has anything to do with how one sided a team can be. Aside from a 5 man queue, why doesn’t this game balance teams after all players have been selected? It feels like it just grabs people and throws them on a team before it even knows the full roster, leaving balance up to RNG. I’ve seen people posting pictures of even full solo queuers being the most messed up balance I ever seen. Range of players shouldn’t be effecting the MMR balance on each team.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

In Heroes of Newerth, the lobby creator could just hit auto balance and the game would throw players around till it found the most even matchup involving all 10 players. GW2 should work the same way.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

SoPP.7034

“Configs have been updated. "

From what I’ve seen this translates into “We don’t know what were doing”.

What a joke today’s been for match ups.

in PvP

Posted by: zeref.5983

zeref.5983

encounter premade too with me solo queue…same team also…

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Oh man I am glad I hit ruby and just do my three games a day for achievement progression now, some of the match ups people have been getting the last couple days look brutal. Can’t even queue stronghold for a change of pace because premades are farming that hard.

in PvP

SoPP.7034

What a joke, what an absolute joke.

#esports #reducequeuetimes

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

If one of u would queue with random amber guildmates you would face them aswell.

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I am really tired of match making problems….

and premades vs pugs that dont just happen once but several times against the same premade that whooped your total pug team every time.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Maleikz.8290

Maleikz.8290

People trying to play stronghold complaining while everyone’s aware premades/loosers farm that mode to get to legendary.

in PvP

SoPP.7034

People trying to play stronghold complaining ….

You do know who PZ are right? Who gives a %$#@ if it was stronghold or conquest.

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

I looked into the match from the OP and we are making some configuration changes based on it that should improve matchmaking for unranked and ranked.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

For ranked too? I noticed much better match ups in unranked today. That should explain this then:

"
Attachments:"

What would they even be doing in stronghold? They’re among the few of the rare legit legendaries, which are distinguished from MMR manipulators and stronghold farmers.

I think they just wanted to check out stronghold and weren’t abusing (I mean as far as manipulation goes I personally don’t consider bomber healing and support with mesmer and ele exploiting but rather optimal strategy that highlights the mode’s flaws) but instead you were the victim of poor matchmaking.

Attachments:

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

I looked into the match from the OP and we are making some configuration changes based on it that should improve matchmaking for unranked and ranked.

You know it’s bad when “Hi we’re rolling out a fix” starts sounding like a threat to make things worse

in PvP

Posted by: hitsandruns.2063

hitsandruns.2063

seems to be working as intended :l

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

looks like u went to emerald to sapphire should u be happy :P

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Don’t you know there is no difference between Amber and legendary!!!? Everyone keeps saying it, so it must be true! I don’t know who that PZ team is, but they look like a bunch of Legendary scrubs. You only scored a hundred points! Get good! :-)

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

in PvP

Posted by: hitsandruns.2063

hitsandruns.2063

looks like u went to emerald to sapphire should u be happy :P

got instagibbed at the start of the match by the thief dh legendary premade and felt useless most of the game

in PvP

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

I think we need to accept that no matter how many resources Anet puts into matchmaking, it will never be perfect. Solving the same issue remains for larger games and those with more players regularly queued for matches. Without having hour long queues for 10 minute games, there will always be unbalanced matches. And I’m OK with that, given one thing.

I’d rather see more resources put into making sure that the players on the inevitable losing team aren’t being punished in progression, even when they are steamrolled. Losing a pip, or sometimes even 2 pips, on a match that in the real world (not algorithm) was a guaranteed stomp is what is most demoralizing and infuriating.

in PvP

SoPP.7034

I think they just wanted to check out stronghold

They were farming it. They were in and out of champions dusk for the better part of an hour.

I popped into YourfriendMarvin stream and asked, he said it was PZ + 1 Supcutie. He admitted that he wasn’t sure why they were there but said maybe it was to farm pips.

I noticed that Supcutie was still diamond so I figured that they were helping him get to Legendary.

Just to be clear I’m not mad at them. Supcutie is an awesome guy and they were just playing the game mode. I’m upset that ANet’s MMR considered this an appropriate match up.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

I’m really sorry, that I have to say this, but I don’t trust your match making anymore.

Is it working? Is there a new bug? Should I report this one-sided match and hope that it will improve the further match making quality?

Can you please show us the mmr of everyone participating in the match? This way we could tell where the mmr is working and where problems are existing. We then could report those bugged matches to you guys and hopefully that would help us all improve the match making quality in the long run.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Sismis.5390

Sismis.5390

I just played this PvP match see attached screenshot…………

https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/217282/pvp.jpg

OK not installing the game anymore..So this group is still abusing matchmaking and 2 of them made it to legendary and still are not kicked off league or any penalty for doing abuse….So much for fair play and sportsmanship….

Good riddance

I was feeling a bit screw-loose so I…checked myself in.

in PvP

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

I know two of the solo Qers in OP’s post and they decent have MMR and have pvp’d for a long time, just they have low league division.