Matchmaking has been brutal to me

in PvP

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

When the new system was in, I was loving matchmaking. I was getting even matches left and right where individual right decisions were actually capable of changing the outcome of the match.

But since the 23rd where I managed to get a really good streak, it seems that matchmaking has now decided that it has to put me against the odds almost every single match. Pairing me almost all the time with even matches, all gone.
It’s like matchmaking saw my good win streak and it was like ‘This guy seems good, let’s pair him with 1-3 below average skilled player in his team and give him really hard opponents from now on cause it seems he can handle it’.

Cause it’s exactly like that it feels like right now. Since that win streak, I’m 23 wins and 55 losses. With 90% of those matches being one sided where we end up having 0-200 points. I’ve been barely hanging around the same points for a few days, maybe advancing like 1 point a day cause of how MM has decided to pair me for the past few days. How do I know almost all those matches have been against my odds of winning? It’s cause I’m not losing points in the majority of them when our team has really low points.

These few last days have been a godawful experience and really frustrating. It feels that no matter what I do, I can’t change the outcome of the match. Cause having just 1 player that isn’t good against teams that you’re not meant to win against, is literally a lost cause most of the time.

You can check my exact daily progress in this site.
http://www.gw2score.com/PvP/player/Blackwyn8127

in PvP

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

do you play in peak times or offtimes?

in PvP

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

well you’re win percentage is like 45%. I wouldn’t exactly call that matching badly.

Give it some time. If the trend continue then complain. Didn’t saw you come to the forum complaining about bad match up when you are winning.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in PvP

Blackwyn.8127

do you play in peak times or offtimes?

Since it’s the holidays now, I would say that the peak times are a bit different than normal. So I would say it’s mixed.

well you’re win percentage is like 45%. I wouldn’t exactly call that matching badly.

Give it some time. If the trend continue then complain. Didn’t saw you come to the forum complaining about bad match up when you are winning.

My win percentage is currently at around ~30% due to matchmaking. I wouldn’t count the first days cause it was actually giving me close games that felt 50% either way. 5 days of matchmaking continuously matching me like this, I’d say it’s due time to actually bring the topic up.

Also, if you would’ve read my first post, you would’ve noticed that the first days, it was giving me mostly even matches. Matches that actually ended close or near close (naturally one sided matches both ways now and then). Even if I would’ve been 5-16 on that day I had my win streak, I still wouldn’t have complained, cause the majority of those matches were really close. Which is what I loved about it, that a lot of those close matches, I was actually capable of doing a decision and having a large impact on the match.

But right now it hasn’t worked like that at all. I get matches that are so one sided it’s ridiculous. Matchmaking is literally just wasting my time. I don’t care if my team managed to get 100 points and we don’t get any loss points due to the system having that match paired against me. But IT IS NOT FUN. It is simply not fun getting one sided matches time after time for whatever reason. Those one sided matches, match making could’ve simply mixed the teams a bit and suddenly it would’ve been a fun 50% win chance match.

It’s ridiculous and frustrating that right now I basically play pvp for a few hours straight and all I get are matches I’m not suppose to win against cause it has simply been decided like that.

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

That’s definitely a matchmaking problem, that is an awful win rate.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in PvP

Blackwyn.8127

I don’t know if it was meant sarcastic or not. But if you check on the link in the first post, you can obviously check that the majority of my matches are one sided matches against me. For example look at the 25th of December. I went 4 wins and 15 losses. But that day I still ended up gaining 2 points instead of losing points.

Which is logical to assume, that I won matches (or scored more) than we were suppose to in some of those matches and in the one sided matches we weren’t suppose to win, we just scored enough to not get any loss points.

THAT, is certainly a matchmaking problem cause that same behavior has been going straight for 5 days now.

in PvP

Benjamin.8237

It wasn’t sarcasm.

in PvP

laokoko.7403

I don’t know if it was meant sarcastic or not. But if you check on the link in the first post, you can obviously check that the majority of my matches are one sided matches against me. For example look at the 25th of December. I went 4 wins and 15 losses. But that day I still ended up gaining 2 points instead of losing points.

Which is logical to assume, that I won matches (or scored more) than we were suppose to in some of those matches and in the one sided matches we weren’t suppose to win, we just scored enough to not get any loss points.

THAT, is certainly a matchmaking problem cause that same behavior has been going straight for 5 days now.

are you playing ranked?

isn’t it suppose to be that way?

system notice you are winning. So you are given some handicap. If you still manage to win with roughly 50% chance, you go up in ladder.

honestly it’s just karma getting back at you. If you keep on lossing, you’ll be put in better teams. Like I said, you arn’t complaining before when you are winning.

I never care that much if I loss, since I’ll get put in better team in the future.

in PvP

Blackwyn.8127

are you playing ranked?

isn’t it suppose to be that way?

system notice you are winning. So you are given some handicap. If you still manage to win with roughly 50% chance, you go up in ladder.

honestly it’s just karma getting back at you. If you keep on lossing, you’ll be put in better teams. Like I said, you arn’t complaining before when you are winning.

I never care that much if I loss, since I’ll get put in better team in the future.

It’s definitely not suppose to work that way at all. Just cause I managed to win the majority of my matches the system put a 50% win rate on. It doesn’t mean it should now put me in matches I’m not suppose to win almost all the time afterwards.

If you manage to win the majority of the matches that are 50%, it just means you or someone else played beyond the system’s expectations and it should just continue that way. Why the hell should a system that’s purpose is to give you 50% win rate matches start giving you 10% win chance matches just cause you won the 50% win rate matches the system set up for you? Makes no sense whatsoever.

And how is karma even related to a system that is programmed and scripted? Again you go with the ‘you didn’t argue when you kept winning’ thing, are you actually even reading my posts?

in PvP

laokoko.7403

It’s definitely not suppose to work that way at all. Just cause I managed to win the majority of my matches the system put a 50% win rate on. It doesn’t mean it should now put me in matches I’m not suppose to win almost all the time afterwards.

I read your post. I was pawning newbies left and right too, until I get put in matches with good players.

My point is you didn’t even loss that much game and you start complaining.

I think you have a point to complain if you “continue” to have a 20%-30% win ratio. But your overall win/ratio isn’t even far from 50% and you start complaining.

If everyone is suppose to have 50-70% win ratio, who get the loss?

I think you should complain if the trend continue, but it’s only a few days, you lost a few games and you complain.

You have to realize, when you have your win streak, someone is having their lossing streak.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I’ve been trying to say this to people on here for a while now… everyone seems to think they should be winning… no one thinks it’s possible they can lose its quite ridiculous. Especially when its probably a player skill issue.

Also this thing people like to do now where they say “you didn’t read what I posted” anytime someone disagrees with them is childish.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

in PvP

Blackwyn.8127

I’ve been trying to say this to people on here for a while now… everyone seems to think they should be winning… no one thinks it’s possible they can lose its quite ridiculous. Especially when its probably a player skill issue.

Also this thing people like to do now where they say “you didn’t read what I posted” anytime someone disagrees with them is childish.

Pointing out that they don’t read what I posted when I already answered his point and yet he brings up the same point again. Is hardly childish, that’s ignorance from his part.
As you are also missing the point from not reading what I’ve actually posted (feel free to call me childish).

The aim of Matchmaking is to give you a 50% win rate. That’s how the system tries to work based on the system we currently have (at least in theory, cause it’s doing a crap job atm). Naturally, that’s impossible, as the system can’t actually predict an exact 50% win rate on the data it has. So players will end up having better stats as well as some will have worse stats, that’s only a given.

Now, for the actual point of this topic. Based on the 50% win rate paired matches I’ve been given, I ended up winning the majority of them. So instead of the system to keep giving me matches that should be a 50% win chance from either side, it has decided that it will instead give me matches that are against my favor of winning nonstop for 5 days. These are matches the system has decided that I’m not suppose to win, simply because I went ahead in a positive score in its 50% matched prediction rate.

This can clearly be seen from the points in the link I gave earlier. Where my win to loss ratio is hugely towards loss favor, but in the end I’m still gaining points. Which implies I’m still doing better than what the system is predicting cause we manage to get enough points to nullify the minus points.

Now as I pointed out before and will point out again. IT IS NOT FUN GETTING MATCHES OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER WHERE THE SYSTEM HAS ALREADY PREDICTED YOUR LOSS.
I just want matches that are suppose to be even and the idiotic thing is. That in those matches where my team is predicted to lose, they could’ve easily ended up in a fun balanced 50% win chance if the players were switched around a bit. But nope, the system insists on giving me matches I’m not suppose to win and I’m basically just climbing in turtle rate cause of that and there’s nothing I can do about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

As an aside from Blackwyn’s point, I think this “always win” mentality comes from gear-based MMOs that make you “the hero” as you PvE and get stronger and stronger and all the NPCs bow to you etc. And then gear-based PvP in WoW and other MMOS where your gear makes you more powerful the more you grind. Makes you expect to smash everyone in matches.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Blackwyn, I would send Justin O’Dell a private message asking him to take a look at your MMR and situation and see if something can be changed to even things up a bit.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

in PvP

Posted by: balmung.6217

balmung.6217

You do need to read again hes not complaining about losing he prob understands he can’t win them all hes asking why most of his matches now have been blowouts due to having people on his team who play at hotjoin level.If its anything like my last 15 matches i can stall by holding 2 people at far for a long time to give my team the chance to outnumber the enemy somewhere yet when me/the op goes down the team has been wiped at mid somehow and home is on its way to getting decapped.This wouldn’t be so bad if the team would regroup and push out after respawn but this never happens they respawn at different times and one by one funnel into mid or go for far when they have no mobility.

(edited by balmung.6217)

in PvP

laokoko.7403

it has decided that it will instead give me matches that are against my favor of winning nonstop for 5 days. These are matches the system has decided that I’m not suppose to win, simply because I went ahead in a positive score in its 50% matched prediction rate.

Well, you seem to win some match today right?

Which is my point.

It take some time to determine your skills and put you into appropriate bracket.

in PvP

Blackwyn.8127

it has decided that it will instead give me matches that are against my favor of winning nonstop for 5 days. These are matches the system has decided that I’m not suppose to win, simply because I went ahead in a positive score in its 50% matched prediction rate.

Well, you seem to win some match today right?

Which is my point.

It take some time to determine your skills and put you into appropriate bracket.

To be fair, I’ve had a lot more of the fun close matches today that I’ve had in the first days, than those 4 other days.
But still, 2 of those wins I’ve gotten today, were matches the system predicted to be a loss for me. It was just dumb luck that we actually won those. In one, I think one of their guys dced, so we managed to gain back tons of points 5vs4. In the other, we barely killed the lord for the 150 points when they were like 20 seconds away from winning.

So in reality, my current score for today should be at 3 wins and 6 losses.

Also, it’s still not a valid point. Giving me for 4 days straight matches that I’m meant to lose simply because I won the majority of my 50% chance matches is not a system to determine your skill. It’s just a broken system. Repeating this over and over again, I’m starting to sound like a broken record.

(edited by Blackwyn.8127)

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

You do need to read again hes not complaining about losing he prob understands he can’t win them all hes asking why most of his matches now have been blowouts due to having people on his team who play at hotjoin level.If its anything like my last 15 matches i can stall by holding 2 people at far for a long time to give my team the chance to outnumber the enemy somewhere yet when me/the op goes down the team has been wiped at mid somehow and home is on its way to getting decapped.This wouldn’t be so bad if the team would regroup and push out after respawn but this never happens they respawn at different times and one by one funnel into mid or go for far when they have no mobility.

Nope you are literally all just complaining about losing.

@blackwyn
So you won some games and increased your mmr, the matchmaking gave you higher mmr opponents and you strated losing, your mmr goes back down… now you have had few close games.. sounds a bit like it’s working……

in PvP

Benjamin.8237

In reality the whole aim for 50% thing won’t happen. Firstly we have the case of pre-mades vs pugs. More importantly however that design assumes that everyone should be equally winning and losing, and in reality there will always be players who suck and there will also be players who don’t, who can carry. Not everyone will win and not everyone deserves to, which is the harsh truth. However the matchmaking at the moment does seem to sway a lot as it attempts to compensate this.

in PvP

Blackwyn.8127

Nope you are literally all just complaining about losing.

@blackwyn
So you won some games and increased your mmr, the matchmaking gave you higher mmr opponents and you strated losing, your mmr goes back down… now you have had few close games.. sounds a bit like it’s working……

Sigh, I won’t even mention how the system works right now compared to before (check the wiki please), so please go have a read on some of the posts we’ve had from anet and how the new point system currently works in the wiki.

I’ll put this as simple as possible so you can get the idea on what I’m trying to tell you here. Imagine you’re a boxer, today you’ll have your first official match against someone that has never had an official match either. You win it.
On your next match, you’ll go against someone that has 1 win same as you. You win it as well. On your next you’ll have an opponent with similar win rate too, maybe even 1 win or 1 loss. You with me so far? Alright, that’s how it’s suppose to work.

Now imagine this, after your first win. You get a match where you have to box vs two boxers at the same time. Now since they know this is an unfair match, they won’t count it as a loss if you lose that one. So you lose that match, you’re still at 1 win and 0 losses. Next match, they’ll let you box against three boxers at the same time. Now the system is pretty generous here, you just need to survive one round and it will count as a win.

Now tell me, is the latter system something you would find fun?

in PvP

NeXeD.3042

That analogy does not work at all. Not even a little bit.

in PvP

laokoko.7403

I suppose your match up is too easy now with your 64% win percentage.

Maybe Anet should give you tougher opponent.

And you have 30% win ratio for 5 days. Please QQ more. I’m not sure what you are complaining. You loss a few games more than usual.

I loss many games today, I don’t come on the forum and QQ.