Matchmaking has never been worse

in PvP

Posted by: Static.5723

Static.5723

Last season it was much better, and probably in the best place it has been for ranked so far. This season after the changes it is a horror show. It desperately needs to be addressed.

in PvP

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

I think they know, and we all knew in the first <5 days of the season. They went back to S1 matchmaking, purportedly for increased “matchmaking quality”, but the quality drop from S3 was immense. We should hopefully see S5 changes that result in ACTUAL quality matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Ninski.5680

Ninski.5680

Yeah I hope they go back to the S3 match making too, but even then, people will cry and moan about it, so who knows.

in PvP

Posted by: Ericon.5104

Ericon.5104

Yes something should be done about this horrid matchmaking, either it’s a 10 game win streak against newbies or a 10 game loss streak against premades with optimal build and expertise.

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

Definitely the worst it’s been since s1.

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

It’s a lot better than Season 2

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

It seems like every season’s matchmaking is the worst according to this forum. It’s like watching an argument over which ff game is the best/worst.

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

It seems like every season’s matchmaking is the worst according to this forum. It’s like watching an argument over which ff game is the best/worst.

People only co.plain about match making she. They are losing alot when it comes to the league.

They could not have possibly found there level, they are gods and everyone else is a scrub. He’ll, most seasons I get stuck really quickly, I burn through a division like I’m a PvP god, only then to spend weeks at a time in the next division. Spending 2-3 days in a T at a time. Or I go the other way and climb T’s like a boss, then stall for a few days. It’s how the leagues are set up. To keep people playing in them for as long as possible. I was glad I got to ruby with in 3 weeks this season, to I could baile out of it quick as I had finished the wing achievements, and could be on my merry way, and playing PvP for fun again, and stress free.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Matchmaking has been horrible. Unfortunately, given that it has been so bad, a lot of players seem to have left. I’d love to see ANET mention the PvP participation numbers. I’m willing to bet they are dwindling.

in PvP

Dralor.3701

Maybe it does get worse every season? It was much better before the introduction of divisions and pips.

in PvP

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I have yet to see a complaint about matchmaking that doesn’t boil down to “I’m not winning as often as I think I should, so clearly this is the game’s fault”.

in PvP

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

I have yet to see a complaint about matchmaking that doesn’t boil down to “I’m not winning as often as I think I should, so clearly this is the game’s fault”.

I dont think losing that often or wining that often is the problem.
For me the problem is the huge skill diference between players in the same team.
Its not ok that 1 players wins 1vs2 and rest of team dies and cant capp anything.
Players wouldnt rage if all 10 players had a similar mmr, but thats not whats happening, u get 1 or 2 players that are really good and then u get players that double capp and insta die or +1 a 2v1 already leaving mid….. i mean really crazy stuff, and that is why players rage, too much skill diference , thats the real problem.

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

For me the problem is the huge skill diference between players in the same team.
Its not ok that 1 players wins 1vs2 and rest of team dies and cant capp anything.
Players wouldnt rage if all 10 players had a similar mmr, but thats not whats happening, u get 1 or 2 players that are really good and then u get players that double capp and insta die or +1 a 2v1 already leaving mid….. i mean really crazy stuff, and that is why players rage, too much skill diference , thats the real problem.

Yep this is the main complaint I’ve heard from everyone. The “I’m losing 8 games in a row” is a symptom of this getting vastly different skilled team mates such that teams are uncarryable.

Of course there are a few who complain about anything and everything but those are not the majority.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Somehow.4769

Somehow.4769

Yep this is the main complaint I’ve heard from everyone. The “I’m losing 8 games in a row” is a symptom of this getting vastly different skilled team mates such that teams are uncarryable.

Of course there are a few who complain about anything and everything but those are not the majority.

Winning and losing streaks are statistically expected. This is not a symptom of whatever you’d like it to be. Now, those complaints would be worth a read if they were actually informed. People claiming that “Players wouldnt rage if all 10 players had a similar mmr” are uninformed and do not understand what’s MMR in the slightest. People claiming that there’s a “50% winrate system” are uninformed and only propagating rumors their friends propagated before them.

in PvP

Posted by: Warrioress.2750

Warrioress.2750

I honestly don’t know much about matchmaking but i just notice how easy or hard it is to get pips each season, first season i found it incredibly easy and i was even quite new then. Second season was harder but it didn’t feel unfair/extremely hard. Likewise with season 3, just challenging enough but this season has been ridiculous! O_O i am not a bad player, i’ve been playing the class for ages, i know how to adjust and tweak depending on the current op class but neither do i claim to be pro. I have not won a match in days, unranked or ranked. I don’t die myself much but the rest of the team seems to be either new or have no clue or be overconfident and underestimate the other team leading to a lose anyway. I have literally given up on the ascension which i was ready to grind for last season.

I have many skills- Xena

in PvP

fishball.7204

Winning and losing streaks are statistically expected. This is not a symptom of whatever you’d like it to be.

Long win streaks and lose streaks are most definitely a symptom of poor matchmaking.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

I believe there were complaints in season 2 and 3 about “I’m kittenstomping everyone, when am I going to have a decent game?”

in PvP

Posted by: Solstace.2514

Solstace.2514

Season 3 matchmaking was the absolute worst. It too 10 players and put the top 5 on one team and the bottom 5 on the other. Yeah, it was easy to win if you were on the top 5 team, but is it really enjoyable when your worst team mate is better than the enemy’s best?

50/50 matchmaking is flawed but id still take it over that predetermined outcome.

Ideally it would be nice to have 2 teams of equally skilled players going at it, but people would still complain because they wouldn’t be winning enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

season 1 and season 4 are far the worst. at least by the end of season 1 they change the MM to what becomes season 2 and 3 MM.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Dane.9480

Dane.9480

Just had a :

Team Red : Revenant , Hunter , 3 Thiefs
Team Blue : Warrior, 2 Guardian (DH), Necro, Thief

Guess who won lol

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Hmmm, how is it worse than S1, since its much the same?

in PvP

Posted by: ViciousVyne.2935

ViciousVyne.2935

This screen sums it up in my opinion.
It happened like 4 times now, that the match I needed to cross into the next division, got me grouped up with people that shouldn’t be there.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

Hmmm, how is it worse than S1, since its much the same?

the meta, depends on what you want.

Season 1 the bunker meta, you could do some neat things team wise. For instance my guild team ran 2 bunker MM necros, 1 mesmer, 1 ele and 1 dps character depending on who was on. So it was either a rev, thief or DH.

You always pushed for a 3 cap and then we tried moving our dps player to a +1 spot, then tried putting 1 of our necros into a 1 vs 1. We always tried to keep the mesmer and ele together. We did really well, 2 of the players were sapphire, 1 ruby level, 1 diamond level.

From a meta perspective 2 was my favorite since we had all the amulets but they killed bunker mesmer which opened up some things team comp wise. Obivously ESL teams were doing 2 revs, 2 mesmers but at rank play you were seeing alot of different builds and team comps. Like on my guild team when we thought PvP guild rankings were about actually playing PvP, we came up with some nice combinations for average level PvP. My friends who dont PvP as much were winning 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 in legendary simply because we put together builds that work better together.

You an see from that the person didnt agree with the match making. It would be because all the roles are the same in the game. Simply put Dh are average at everything but are the same as ranger who has more healing who is the same as engy which has more sustain.

Thats the difference from S1 to S4. Even now Anet has found more ways to cut build diversity.

in PvP

fishball.7204

S1 had extra pips if you did well but still lost so every game was worth trying the very best. It was also the first season so plenty of people playing = matchmaking worked a bit better since the pool of people were larger.

S4 has nothing going for it, trash MM, long Qs etc.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

I would like to add another Screen shot, all these matches are solo que. Im in ruby with no intention of getting out. 3-4 games a day max and i made legendary the past 3 seasons.

There is simply in a 10 game span where people on the other team shouldnt be in a match against me or my team mates. Literally pushing for a 3 cap and winning all 3 to start a game. My ques are in the 5-10 min que range and if i was on the other side i would be very frustrated.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

S1 pip system was the best. MM, not so much.

[HUE]

in PvP

Posted by: Ocosh.5843

Ocosh.5843

The current season’s matchmaking is awful. So were the prior seasons’. Perhaps S4 seems worse because of recency bias, or perhaps because we were told it would produce even matchups and things have been just as lopsided as before.

As an illustration, through my first 100 matches this season, there were nearly three times as many games in which the losing team failed to score 100 points (11) as there were games in which the losing team broke 400 points (4). This is discounting 4v5’s.

Granted, score differential may not be the best way to determine how evenly matched a game was. Plenty of us have seen tight games that snowball in the final minute, or close games in Foefire that end with a Lord kill. Still, when people are told to expect close matchups and they keep seeing games end 300+ points apart, they begin to question the matchmaking. I’ve kept track of a slice of games for each season so far, and while it is just a sample (and I think I must have thrown out my S2 and S3 results, so I only remember them roughly), S4 has had the largest average point differential for me over these samples. Nothing conclusive, because we’re talking about a stretch of maybe 40-60 games (and it’s only one player’s perspective), but if you play casually, that’s a fair chunk of the season. Teams don’t seem to be well-matched.

1. In the first or second day of this season, I was against a team that featured someone from a pro team solo-queueing. His four teammates died instantly. He naturally acquitted himself well, but you could almost see it in his little eyes: he had been given a weight that could not be carried. No matter how well he fought, he could not 1v5 a game of conquest.

2. Some time later, I was in a Foefire. We won the midfight, at the end of which the other team’s mesmer broke for home/close. Three of my teammates followed, leaving two necros to fight the 4-person respawn. With a 3v1 advantage, my teammates died very quickly. I later fought that mesmer 1v1. I could point out that I was coming from spawn with 0 LF, or that I was trying desperately not to lose our only cap, or that I was typing in teamchat, but these would just be excuses. S/he was a better player than I, and I eventually lost. Run the same matchup multiple times, and s/he would win most. If I’m up against it fighting this person, what were my three teammates doing there?

3. It was a 5v4. We wiped them mid and while my teammates went to farm far, I waited between mid and home to intercept anyone trying to stall the inevitable. One guy tried. I killed him in less than ten seconds; it was almost accidental. He tried three more times, and I was killing him without taking a point of damage — as a necro, a class designed around being punched in the face. It was just cruel. Maybe I was the best player on my team (improbable), and maybe he was the worst on his, but while that kind of disparity can be covered in a team game where you’re always together, it doesn’t work in conquest, where there are discrete encounters.

There is a surprisingly broad range of skill levels present in this game mode, and games end up poorly matched not simply when we see them unevenly distributed across teams, but when you have points too far present apart in one game. There are three possibilities:

• Matchmaking selects from too broad a range of players,
  • Matchmaking rating is inaccurate,
  • Or both.

The first probably happens to shorten queue times. I know I would tolerate longer queues for better games, but that would mean only a few minutes more at my level. Some people used to sit for an hour; some still do.

The second is a factor of mmr being based on itself. Adjustments after a win or loss are only correct if the initial assessment was close to correct. If the initial mmr used to make the matchup was way off, and adjustments are made based on W/L (and perhaps differential), then it’s just compounding the problem.

So, would we accept longer queue times? Can we come up with a scoring system that accurately reflects skill? I’d suggest this is what we’d need for better matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’m amused to hear s2/s3 winstreakers ( many of whom were carried by the matchmaker ) upset about the current matchmaking.

Having said that… matches like this make me wonder if they didn’t revert to stacked matches.

-edit- We won this time, the other side had two DH, but neither knew what they were doing. I’m seeing 3 and 4 losses between wins at the moment and this type of score is pretty typical.

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

You know? Upon reflection, I think I see part of the issue: New people have heard that teams are “farming” and having success. So, they form teams. This more or less fools the matchmaker into thinking they are much better than they are.

I personally encountered this a couple of seasons ago. A party of 5 lost to our group of randoms so hard that I felt pretty bad about it.

So, I called one of them and asked about the match. It turned out that they were playing there first pvp match ever as a 5 man premade. They were all friends or associated in some way.

Perhaps what’s broken is the way the matchmaker considers teams.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Oh sure I’ve played 3 games today and they’ve gone 500-110, 201-500, 133-500 none in my favor, and of the last 10 games I’ve won 3 with only 1 game lost within a 100 point gap… ok that’s complete kitten and clearly the system is broken… but I have to heartily disagree it’s always been this bad, last season wasn’t particularly better, although I guess you probably just had more lucky matches.

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Oh sure I’ve played 3 games today and they’ve gone 500-110, 201-500, 133-500 none in my favor, and of the last 10 games I’ve won 3 with only 1 game lost within a 100 point gap… ok that’s complete kitten and clearly the system is broken… but I have to heartily disagree it’s always been this bad, last season wasn’t particularly better, although I guess you probably just had more lucky matches.

Clearly it must be broken because, why would someone as skilled as you lose so badly?

in PvP

CureForLiving.5360

Clearly it must be broken because, why would someone as skilled as you lose so badly?

Oh my you know you’re dealing with the crème de la crème when the best counter points is: you suck.

Of course lets make some attempt to reasonable discussion. The point that you’re missing here is that even if I’m a kitten player, a good match making algorithm would pit me against equally kitten players no? All us bad players would be playing against each other, playing badly of course, and all you god-like players would be doing whatever you do. That way people with equal skill, be it bad or good, would be able to enjoy challenging matches. A broken system is one where you can consecutively loose over and over and keep being matched against better players.
So let’s give your point (as shallow as it is) all the merit possible: I’m a horrible player. How does that change that the match making algorithm is putting me up against better players? Over and over? How in your mind is that a sign of a good match making algorithm when every single match is a one sided affair?

Please do enlighten me, my mind is completely and utterly unable to fathom what you’re on about, so you can only expose me to paradigm shifting knowledge here.

in PvP

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

1) i’ll say it again:

i want to see everyone’s MMR in the post match-up report. instead of their division. just like in Starcraft. seeing actual MMR is the only way i can be satisfied that the system is matchmaking correctly, and the only way i can find out what my skill level actually is. if i’m getting totally carried in blowout victories, or if i actually belong in higher tier matchups; if i’m the reason my team is losing, or if the other team simply focused on shutting me down the entire match.

where is my actual MMR? make it clearly publicly visible!

2) and something new i’ll say (which i haven’t said before, based in part on something an Anet dev said):

leagues are based on pips, and pips are based on win streaks. essentially, pips reward you for win streaks. in other words, pips are a reward track. this reward track determines your MMR, and then you may get stuck in " MMR he’ll " down in amber, (emerald, ruby, whatever), and get stuck in losing streaks that prevent you from winning any rewards in leagues.

basically, pips and MMR are tied to closely together. bad players like me have ZERO motivation to play leagues, because i’ll never get the rewards because of the way MMR works. because when the matchmaking works right… you’re not supposed to be getting massive win streaks and you’re not supposed to be getting massive losing streaks. because, when matchmaking works right, 90% of the matches are close (within 100 points final score) with an actual win rate of around 50% (not 30%, not 70%)

in one respect, i kind of like the idea of a preseason, (or using unranked arenas) to determine player skill and therefore determine division placement before the leagues start. then place everybody in their appropriate division, and then find a different way of rewarding players than through pips. and if someone gets massive win streaks, then it’s clear they were placed in the wrong division, and then get promoted. if a player gets massive losing streaks, then it’s clear they were placed in the wrong division, and should be demoted. however, that might take a lot more programming to implement.

tl;dr for 2) pips are nothing more than a reward track, and should not be tied to matchmaking anymore.

– The Baconnaire

in PvP

Kuya.6495

Oh my you know you’re dealing with the crème de la crème when the best counter points is: you suck.

Of course lets make some attempt to reasonable discussion. The point that you’re missing here is that even if I’m a kitten player, a good match making algorithm would pit me against equally kitten players no? All us bad players would be playing against each other, playing badly of course, and all you god-like players would be doing whatever you do. That way people with equal skill, be it bad or good, would be able to enjoy challenging matches. A broken system is one where you can consecutively loose over and over and keep being matched against better players.
So let’s give your point (as shallow as it is) all the merit possible: I’m a horrible player. How does that change that the match making algorithm is putting me up against better players? Over and over? How in your mind is that a sign of a good match making algorithm when every single match is a one sided affair?

Please do enlighten me, my mind is completely and utterly unable to fathom what you’re on about, so you can only expose me to paradigm shifting knowledge here.

What’s your aggregate win/lose ratio, sweetheart?

(edited by Kuya.6495)

in PvP

CureForLiving.5360

So, instead of looking at what I said, instead of attempt to engage me on content of my post or in the realm of ideas, you think that being a better / worse player makes the opinion right and wrong? You do understand that how good of a player I am is irrelevant to the point I’m making?
Ok since you’re so bloody insistent, lets say I’m the worst player ever to exist. How is that relevant at all?

in PvP

Kuya.6495

So, instead of looking at what I said, instead of attempt to engage me on content of my post or in the realm of ideas, you think that being a better / worse player makes the opinion right and wrong? You do understand that how good of a player I am is irrelevant to the point I’m making?
Ok since you’re so bloody insistent, lets say I’m the worst player ever to exist. How is that relevant at all?

My ratio is 52% sweety. Just trust me and show me your ratio, i promise you’ll understand. Don’t be defensive. Your ratio doesn’t mean you’re bad unless you have a small sample size or are a potato.

in PvP

CureForLiving.5360

My ratio is 52% sweety. Just trust me and show me your ratio, i promise you’ll understand. Don’t be defensive. Your ratio doesn’t mean you’re bad unless you have a small sample size or are a potato.

I’ll bite, overall 1315:658 (so about 50%), this season 69:21 with 7 losing streaks. So what does this have to do with all the clearly one sided and bad matches I’ve been experiencing this season?

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Ill just post this and it wasnt that close

Players left cap points to grab beast which 2 were stolen and rotation wise wasnt pretty but they had a thief so we did win 4 vs 5 twice.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Last season it was much better, and probably in the best place it has been for ranked so far. This season after the changes it is a horror show. It desperately needs to be addressed.

Are you refering to Matchmaking or the new Meta?

Matchmaking’s job is to make two individual teams for a fair match. I have seen 4 solo DH get stacked together for no reason at all… this season has really pushed Matchmaking to it’s limits and I agree with you. Match quality hasn’t been this bad in awhile.

Now the Meta, X class is op or Y class is underpowered etc – it’s not nearly as kitteneason1 or previous. Matchmaking is just terrible and I strongly think there should be a class limit in Ranked PvP.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Everything has been said about matchmaking this season approx 1 day after season start.

Nothing changed.

For those hoping for better match quality next season…. havent you waited enough already?

Saiyan, your main was a thief, right?

in PvP

Kuya.6495

a good match making algorithm would pit me against equally kitten players no? All us bad players would be playing against each other, playing badly of course, and all you god-like players would be doing whatever you do. That way people with equal skill, be it bad or good, would be able to enjoy challenging matches. A broken system is one where you can consecutively loose over and over and keep being matched against better players.

I’ll bite, overall 1315:658 (so about 50%), this season 69:21 with 7 losing streaks. So what does this have to do with all the clearly one sided and bad matches I’ve been experiencing this season?

Thank you.

Now a question for you: what would the win/lose ratio look like for the average player if the matchmaking algorithm were always trying to pair evenly skilled players according to mmr?

in PvP

Posted by: B Stiff.9341

B Stiff.9341

that fact is when it was only rank not a season I had a 80% win rate going in solo now I am at 45% this should tell you something is wrong why is this drop so big.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

that fact is when it was only rank not a season I had a 80% win rate going in solo now I am at 45% this should tell you something is wrong why is this drop so big.

the off season rank was using season 3 MM, which they change back to season 1 MM when season 4 started.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Dralor.3701

More transparency in mmr would go a long way.

in PvP

Posted by: MisterOiZo.4359

MisterOiZo.4359

Same poor experience with the matchmaking system at the moment I just can’t really use it to team up since I lose about 2 out of 3 matches so never any progress is made.

- being teamed with 1st timers: why not work in the match-up of equally experienced professions that have spent about the same amount of time in ranked matches on that profession.

- why not introduce a learning system in unranked matches that points out where to focus attention and learn players basic strategy by interactively guiding them it instead of just allowing them into ranked in the first place

I know my professions, I would not consider myself to be a top PvP player, but I’m definitively not a bad one either. The players I’m getting matched up with often don’t even know what to do, and wander the map aimlessly or trying to win a 1v4 fight.

Better matching players will probably take up more time in the queue, but if the matches are actually better matched it’s more than worth it. It’s just no fun at all to just horribly loose over and over and over again with more than 200 points difference the least.

Not even to begin about trait/gear choices, obviously anyone just starting out is not very focused on that stuff. they just want to see what it’s all about.

I really hope that the matching system will be improved, it’s just not fun to play the way it is now.

in PvP

Posted by: raumlet.9401

raumlet.9401

Okay, S2 I got to Sapphire right at the end after barely playing at all – I breezed through Emerald lickety split in the last few hours. I hadn’t tried much early on because all my matches were curbstomps where it was my face hitting the pavement. In that last day, it was entirely reversed. Not fair matchmaking, frustrating to deal with.

S3, I worked my way all the way to Diamond with 3-5 games a day. I had my ups and downs, but matches generally felt fair, and most were won within 100-150 points of each other. My win/loss ratio was about 70/30. It didn’t seem to matter who I was partied up with, though I mostly stuck with two of my guildies.

This season? This season has been literal kittening hell. I played for eight hours today – eight straight hours, PvP, match after match. Solo queue, with different groups, praying that something would change and I would get out of TIER TWO SAPPHIRE. I was consistently the best player on my team but I was matched with people I simply could not carry. 500 to 150 losses, consistently. Two losses, a win, two losses, two wins, three losses – I ended up with fewer pips than I started with. And what to show for it? Literally kittening nothing.

This was not a fun season, and a lot of people I know are in a similar boat. I don’t know what anet was thinking going back to S1 matchmaking.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

How do you know you are the best player on your team? By scoreboard points? I tell you something. Sometimes the guy with lowest score are one of the most useful player to win the game. But it doesn’t matter as you win the game so who cares who is the last one on the scoreboard. Only care about who is the last one when you lose the game! Right?

Maybe you are not as good as you think? Sometimes every solo player get 1-2 players that worse at fights than enemy players, fighting outside of points, following enemy that kites them out of point, or simply don’t care about defending. having 2 points than going to far to die instead of defending and then lose all points, going for mob to lose every cap points. someone decides going to lord at around 200 points so you lose teamfight + that guy that went to lord alone was died already when he went to attack lord alone but you should be able to get in higher divisions. Especially if you play one of the easier life classes. But you also did premade q and still stuck.

I just started season too late only played solo q necro gs/power most and some own condi build just for fun and im in ruby tier

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Posted by: raumlet.9401

raumlet.9401

By best player I mean, more often than not I’d be the one able to hold a point or clear a point for capping – it was rare that I’d be matched with people who could hold a point unless I was on it, or be able to cap a point unless I was there (or on far, holding off two people so my team could ffffreaking cap for god’s sake). This happened on auramancer ele (my main, the class I’m best with and can hold off a 3v1 on long enough for teammates to respawn or secure a cap and come to my aid), chronoshatter mesmer, boon corrupt necro and even on my stupid off-meta GS necro build that’s entirely meant to turn the tide of team fights the moment anyone’s health gets below the cap for GS 2.

When grouped up, it mainly was that yeah, we were up against people who were just better than us. Either they outrotated us or we just didn’t have the DPS or sustain to match them in team fights; believe me, I’m not the sort to brag about my prowess. I don’t think I could step into a legendary-level match and actually hold my own. I know what I have a hard time countering (sustained condi and, embarrassingly, DHes if they’re good). I know what I CAN handle. I’m actually a little surprised I got to Diamond last season because if I had to assign myself a skill level based on the tiers, I’d say I’m low- to mid-level Ruby – but I am definitely not so kittening terrible that I should be stuck in T2 Sapphire.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

Have you tried to play as DH, Engi, Rev for some win farming? Try DH it’s the easiest to get used to and have success other classes aren’t takes university either and are very strong and useful

in PvP

Posted by: MisterOiZo.4359

MisterOiZo.4359

How do you know you are the best player on your team? By scoreboard points? I tell you something. Sometimes the guy with lowest score are one of the most useful player to win the game. But it doesn’t matter as you win the game so who cares who is the last one on the scoreboard. Only care about who is the last one when you lose the game! Right?

Maybe you are not as good as you think? Sometimes every solo player get 1-2 players that worse at fights than enemy players, fighting outside of points, following enemy that kites them out of point, or simply don’t care about defending. having 2 points than going to far to die instead of defending and then lose all points, going for mob to lose every cap points. someone decides going to lord at around 200 points so you lose teamfight + that guy that went to lord alone was died already when he went to attack lord alone but you should be able to get in higher divisions. Especially if you play one of the easier life classes. But you also did premade q and still stuck.

I just started season too late only played solo q necro gs/power most and some own condi build just for fun and im in ruby tier

Recognizable, but it really does not matter that much if the team you are matched against has about the same level of tactic, or the absence of it ^^ it’s all about matching the right players so the match will be more fun and challenging. But I get your point, having the highest score does not mean squat if you do everything else wrong