Matchmaking has never been worse

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Score needs to reflect how often you died, and how long you defended a cap against equal or higher numbers. Thats all thats needed to fix scoreboard for conquest maps.

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

a good match making algorithm would pit me against equally kitten players no? All us bad players would be playing against each other, playing badly of course, and all you god-like players would be doing whatever you do. That way people with equal skill, be it bad or good, would be able to enjoy challenging matches. A broken system is one where you can consecutively loose over and over and keep being matched against better players.

What’s your aggregate win/lose ratio, sweetheart?

I’ll bite, overall 1315:658 (so about 50%), this season 69:21 with 7 losing streaks. So what does this have to do with all the clearly one sided and bad matches I’ve been experiencing this season?

Thank you.

Now a question for you: what would the win/lose ratio look like for the average player if the matchmaking algorithm were always trying to pair evenly skilled players according to mmr?

You know… its not good matchmaking just becouse you have a 50% win/loss rating. What is more important atleast for me is that you have good, challenging and even matches.

I am not happy when I win a 500 – 250 match nor do I like a match that ends with my team losing 250-500.

At the moment maches looks like this for me and it is boring.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: Rolisteel.1375

Rolisteel.1375

I think its boring because current meta have both way too high damage going on while also some classes are too good at avoiding damage and regen health back while some arent really good at avoiding damage.
So it creates an imbalance if one team has more of this.
If you get an enemy comp that full with high sustain high dps classes and your team gets some squishy dps that is when you know it will be a boring lost match because no balance in teams survivability.
One team becomes unkillable because have more classes that can last long at fights while other team will suffer.
Also class stacking. I’d say it would be best balanced if the matchmaking doesn’t allow class stacking/swapping.
You have to chose your role when you queue up you want to play. tanky, dps or healer and system make sure you can have only 1 healer/support 3 squishy dps and 1 tanky class that can go and survive better in the middle of the zerg.
Thats what i can call balanced.

(edited by Rolisteel.1375)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

MMR is the useless part ….
You rank on personal MMR but creat the same MMR from a (random) team effort. And even worse you measure one MMR regardless of the class played so one can be top with one class but garbage with another…
The base is rotten …. It can´t carry matchmaking. ..

To do:
1.) Make a per class MMR
2.) Adapt MMR measurement to reflect personal skill better. (it´s hard and won´t be perfect but better is possible)
3.) Don´t allow class swap. (You play what you Q)
4.) Don´t let premades stack classes and also modify the matchmaker that it reduces stacking as much as possible (Maybe then put left players of the most used class in one metach at the end eavening out stacking. So you get 20 matches without stacking and maybe two where you have 4 guards in each team ….) [no stacking at all would also be OK but Q times for the most played class might get out of control]

Still premade v.s. solo is not solved but the base would be much better.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

Season 3 matchmaking was the absolute worst. It too 10 players and put the top 5 on one team and the bottom 5 on the other. Yeah, it was easy to win if you were on the top 5 team, but is it really enjoyable when your worst team mate is better than the enemy’s best?

50/50 matchmaking is flawed but id still take it over that predetermined outcome.

Ideally it would be nice to have 2 teams of equally skilled players going at it, but people would still complain because they wouldn’t be winning enough.

Wasn’t season 2 the same only the difference between the two teams could be greater? Season 2, High MMR team vs Low MMR Team. Season 3 High-Mid MMR team Vs Mid-Low MMR team. Or even High-Mid Vs Mid.
I was happy enough with Season 4. With 2 and 3, well there was always a chance if you were on the lower team but most of the matches, one team is set up to win ad the other to lose. You said it, not really enjoyable if your worst is better than their best. I guess it’s no challenge. Even worse if your on the other team, knowing your best is not even as good as their worst.
With S4 teams weren’t set up to win. Matchmaking may not have been perfect but I’d rather start a match that I know I may or may not win than a match that every enemy player is better than everyone on my team and pretty much a loss from the beginning.

in PvP

Posted by: Lucred.1802

Lucred.1802

Score needs to reflect how often you died, and how long you defended a cap against equal or higher numbers. Thats all thats needed to fix scoreboard for conquest maps.

Scoreboard is 100% irrelevant when matches like this ever happen, even in unranked, without a full-game DC.

Attachments: