Matchmaking should allow only 1 thief

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Only one thief should be allowed per team in rankedq (unless a party has more than one thief). Any more than one thief when enemy team doesn’t is 98% chance loss.

in PvP

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Only one thief should be allowed per team in rankedq (unless a party has more than one thief). Any more than one thief when enemy team doesn’t is 98% chance loss.

Yes this will fix the “problem”.

in PvP

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

98% eh? Cite, please. -Sid

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

This has been brought up scores of times. The general consensus is for matchmaking to look at amulet types rather than professions. If you have 5 berserker amulets on 1 team and 3 cele, 1 soldier, and 1 berserker on the other team… ya.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

Why would you make such suggestion? Every non-thief yells on forums that thieves are fine! Even devs on stream say that thieves are strong kek.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I believe the amulet suggestion makes more sense for a balanced game. However, I can see how this would make matchmaking difficult.

I’m afraid at the end, the only way around that is… build template (again…). For each profession, save a bursty and a more defensive/team fight oriented spec, and swap according to the team comp.

Then… try to make sure that there is build diversity so that thieves (for example, but it is a good example) are not forced to play offensively but can actually play a more defensive build (daredevil is probably one step on the right direction, but obviously acrobatics needs to be fixed).

in PvP

Posted by: Chips.7968

Chips.7968

It should all average out – if thieves loose that much then the thieves should decrease in population as they surely want to win PvP. Therefore you’ll get fewer in the matchups.

Additionally, is it not rare to get multiple in a single match? If it isn’t a common occurrence, then you’re asking them to make changes to address a single class in an uncommon situation. Out of … I’ve no idea how many recently, only 1 had 3 thieves and I commented that I’m happy for them to try despite knowing people complain.

We lost. But that was 1 out of… dozens of matches, and whilst we lost it’s an insufficient sample size to say it’s always the case; lose about 50% of matches anyway.

I also remember playing against 5 engies once. They lost.

in PvP

Posted by: El Psy Congroo.7965

El Psy Congroo.7965

I main Thief and play Elementalist when there’s another Thief on the Team or when needed.

Any way, limiting just Thieves sounds ridiculous to me, maybe they should limit all classes to allow only 2 of the same class on a Team (that would make more sense to me, instead of limit just one class to a limit of 1), if the problem here is that Thieves are not good enough on PvP then ANet should work on making Thief a more viable class instead of adding limitations to the class.

Any way, copies are not a common thing, I’ve played against a Team of 5 Guardians (they lost), that was way more ridiculous than a Team with 2 thieves. That was the strangest Team I’ve faced in the past 200 matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Yes but the thing is a team of 5 guardians could do great if they arranged their builds (in particular guardians already have both defensive and offensive versions viable). 5 thieves currently would probably do an awful job (though it would be one of the most annoying match ever…). One thief is almost mandatory in high tier PvP because of their unique role, but 2 thieves is almost never seen in competition because the class itself is neither strong nor diverse enough for that.

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Even devs on stream say that thieves are strong kek.

Out of curiosity; when did they say that? Recently?
I really wonder how they will fix the mess they caused in June. Probably never – brainless is the new meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

matchmaking should allow only 1 per class period haha.

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

I swap to support guard AS SOON AS I SEE 2 THIEVES in my team and neither of them are swapping out.

Then I ask them to push hard and decap like there’s no tomorrow. It’s winnable but it makes it a little bit harder for the non thieves because thieves can’t bring much in a larger scale team fight

Attachments:

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Derm.4932

Derm.4932

Or just buff thieves so they have something other to do besides decap :/

in PvP

Posted by: Tux der Pinguin.3049

Tux der Pinguin.3049

I won a lot of matches with double thief, but i agree that the playstyle differs. You will get a game with more capping and kills. If both thieves go on the same target its nearly a sure kill due to high damage/stunn/imo/interupt, most opponents just melt. I agree its hard to hold points in a 5v5 with 2 thieves, but than again there is no need to play one point only. If you got two thieves in your team, you need to rotate a little better, but most pug-teams will not react to it and therefore loose imo.
Its the same with double powerranger, necro on power or double mesmer, it gets a lot harder, vut there is also a great chance by changing the playstyle.
As everybody is able to relog, there is no way of matchmaking to consider classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Nocta.5274

Nocta.5274

It requires 2 good thieves which understand the situation to make double thief work on a pug team.

And if you thought finding a single good thief was hard, imagine two on the same team

Characters :
Nooctae ( Thief ) / Encelya ( Engineer ) / Jane Crimson ( Elementalist ) / Kowywr ( Revenant )
Europe, Vizunah.

in PvP

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

Any sorts of class restriction in matchmaking like that is only going to create more problems than it could possibly solve.

25/90 never forget.

in PvP

Posted by: cakeonroof.7385

cakeonroof.7385

Or just buff thieves so they have something other to do besides decap :/

That would work too.

EU since Aug 2012

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

Even devs on stream say that thieves are strong kek.

Out of curiosity; when did they say that? Recently?
I really wonder how they will fix the mess they caused in June. Probably never – brainless is the new meta.

i would have to look up, it was something like 2-3 months ago when they talked about pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

i would have to look up, it was something like 2-3 months ago when they talked about pvp

Ok, ty.
I hope they’ve realized by now that they shouldn’t just always take from thief – that’s why I asked.