Maximum Fun XvX Arena-style Tournament Rules

in PvP

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

I’ll just leave this here.

MATCH RULES

• Double elimination tournament.
  • Mistpedia 2v2 match rules.
  • A player may only use 1 revive skill for the entirety of a single best-out-of-X match.
  • A player may not have more than one skill-activated source of stability equipped at a time.
  • A player may not have more than one skill-activated source of invulnerability equipped at a time.
  • A player may not have more than one skill-activated source of potentially multiple blocks equipped at a time.
  • Infraction of any of the above rules awards forfeits the round on the part of the team that committed the infraction and awards the opposing team 1 point.

BAN LIST
== Banned Equipment ==
Sigils

• Sigil of Air
  • Sigil of Fire
  • Sigil of Battle

Runes

• Rune of Lyssa
  • Rune of Air
  • Rune of the Nightmare

== Banned Professions ==

• Thief
  • Mesmer

== Banned Traits ==
Warrior

• Dogged March (Defense – II)
  • Defy Pain (Defense – XI)

Necromancer

• Terror (Curses – IX)
  • Master of Terror (Soul Reaping – IX)
  • Dhuumfire (Spite – XI)

Engineer

• Static Discharge (Tools – II)
  • Incendiary Powder (Explosives – IX)

== Banned Skills ==
Warrior

• Banner of Tactics

Ranger

• Water Spirit
  • Frost Spirit
  • Stone Spirit
  • Sun Spirit
  • Spirit of Nature
  • Crossfire

Elementalist

• Arcane Blast
  • Arcane Wave
  • Arcane Power
  • Lightning Strike

Engineer

• Bomb Kit
  • Grenade Kit
  • Supply Crate

Necromancer

• Signet of Spite
  • Summon Bone Minions
  • Summon Bone Fiend
  • Summon Shadow Fiend
  • Blood Curse

in PvP

Posted by: Reevz.2617

Reevz.2617

lolol read the list and crossfire made me lol irl

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

This reminds me of smogon rules (for pokemon). I actually like this idea a lot if it means we can see some lesser builds in action, would make for some interesting fights (especially since stealth is at minimum). Would watch

(edited by Penguin.5197)

in PvP

Swagg.9236

lolol read the list and crossfire made me lol irl

The ban list is to undo Ranger as “Auto-attack: The Profession.”

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I think some of the rules are overdoing it a bit.

[Quote]A player may not have more than one skill-activated source of potentially multiple blocks equipped at a time.[/quote]

What happens when a Guardian pops Aegis and then pops shield of Wrath? You might as well not have that class in there.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Swagg.9236

“A player may not have more than one skill-activated source of potentially multiple blocks equipped at a time.”

What happens when a Guardian pops Aegis and then pops shield of Wrath? You might as well not have that class in there.

Aegis isn’t an instance of potentially multiple blocks. [Shield of Wrath] is, however.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

“A player may not have more than one skill-activated source of potentially multiple blocks equipped at a time.”

Aegis isn’t an instance of potentially multiple blocks. [Shield of Wrath] is, however.

What I’m pointing out is, you’re trying to control the way people play within a fight when you’ve already told them they can’t play certain builds

Trying to control the way someone plays inside the second by second fight can be very limiting because you may just be throwing the dice out on quite a few clutch plays that could possibly happen.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Swagg.9236

Woohoo replies with a long delay!

What I’m pointing out is, you’re trying to control the way people play within a fight when you’ve already told them they can’t play certain builds

I think that’s pretty obvious by the word “rules.”

Trying to control the way someone plays inside the second by second fight can be very limiting because you may just be throwing the dice out on quite a few clutch plays that could possibly happen.

That’s the point. By hinging combat on clutch, well-cued moves, everything not only becomes more legible, but combat also becomes more exciting because we can see the plays happening and we understand what’s at risk when a player leaps through the air or uses a long skill-activation animation. In any case, it’s better than no clutch plays happening at all—which is the typical nature of metagame GW2 combat.

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Wtf is with the banning of Thieves and Mesmers? Lmao, what a fail.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Wow. I thought this was a joke thread and I was going to say well done. Reading through, it seems the OP was serious. Just wow.

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

Joke threads are supposed to be funny.

in PvP

Swagg.9236

Serious about fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I think you should try posting a video so we can see how it goes. If we can tell what’s happening and its not just a cluster of aoe and minions everywhere it can have potential.

in PvP

Swagg.9236

I think you should try posting a video so we can see how it goes. If we can tell what’s happening and its not just a cluster of aoe and minions everywhere it can have potential.

I wish that I could, but I don’t have any video capture program nor a video card that has any innate video capture capabilities. In short, I play on a toaster. If you had any suggestions for a recording program, though, I’d hear you out.