Medi trapper or Symbolic?

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

which of the 2 build do people consider OP or broken? and why u think that is? i think DH is very easy to play but its far from OP and nerfing it is a bad idea. maybe change how some skills/trait work? (i main ele) incase u question my intention.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Thought thread was about which build is better.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Well…I consider Symbolic more OP because Longbow imo is way easier to counter, but a good team can remove a player’s ability to counter it so in the end, it’s more powerful, which is why I think Medi Trapper became meta over Symbolic with high end teams. I haven’t really observed why one is meta and one is just “great”, so I’m going by simple reasoning and little in game experience comparing the two.

in PvP

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

The only thing people consider op is a full 5 trap build spammed on a point. Twice.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in PvP

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i figured most players complain about traps daze and damages, yet i see Anet looking at DH defenses and maybe healing next balance, meant will destroy the class main roll. if anyone rem. the guard meta back in the day.

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

which of the 2 build do people consider OP or broken?

Neither. Players complain about full trap DH.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

Full trap DH is nothing but a l2p issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

The problem is not one specific build but DH spec and the buffs from previous patch. Regardless whether you run traps or symbols you still have DH traits that provide traps with too much utility. Both of those builds run ToF, both of those builds have Hunters determination and piercing light. Traps are size of a point, stackable and are instant (no way to interrupt) – which is not helping at all. Symbols are size of a point – also doesn’t help. If you fight DH, you have to give up point unless you have access to ungodly amount of invuls/blocks etc. Then there are DH virtues that are just too good, especially if you consider non-DH version. Throw few DHs togethers – you have crap load of red fields covering entire point and each DH sharing boons and heals with each other.

Imagine if thieves had aoe backstab and black powder with size of a point and constantly shared heals and block with each other – sounds fun, doesn’t (omg forum filter cmon) it?

(edited by Shadowstep.6049)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Full trap DH is nothing but a l2p issue.

I’m not saying it’s not, i’m saying that’s what the complaints are about.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

neither

the full trap yolo DHs with a trapped node and a 2nd set of traps ready to be placed again with no regards to their survival utilities

gets more annoying the more stacked DHs you face.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

both are pretty b/s and braindead, we should get them gutted asap so we can move on to break condi mesmers’ kneecaps

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Most OP build in lower tiers is a Duo Team of Full trap DH on point. (only half joking here)

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

so they complaining about the most noob build about DH 5 trap marauder? then why Anet looking at DH defenses? seems like they listening to wrong people again. is mace/shield, hammer bunker DH not viable kinda missed seeing those.

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend