Mes, Nec, and Ranger need buffs

in PvP

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

These three classes are simply subpar when compared with the other 5 classes, when will they get a buff? They have also been the least meta classes over the course of the game with necros being meta for about 2 months, rangers during the spirit meta, and mesmers off and on based on individual skill. It is high time we see these classes on every single team for once, and the other classes that have almost always been in the meta pushed to the fringes.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

and mesmers off and on based on individual skill

I don’t understand this part of your post. Are you saying that mesmers need to be a no-skill class?

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

I don’t get it either, do rangers need to click 1 button to make a kill + stomp? Because currently it takes 2 to do that…

in PvP

zapv.8051

I don’t understand this part of your post. Are you saying that mesmers need to be a no-skill class?

No quite the opposite, I’m all for skilled gameplay. Currently though, shatter mesmers skill floor for high level pvp is extraordinarily high, and the only real reward you get is portal. Their burst is way harder to land then a thieves or medi guards, and you don’t get any extra damage. I just for once want to see these classes pushed into rolls where they are taken on every team like how engis, and eles are now.

I don’t get it either, do rangers need to click 1 button to make a kill + stomp? Because currently it takes 2 to do that…

Against complete scrubs maybe, at high level play rangers longbow rangers are much more difficult to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

The problem isn’t existing classes but meta builds.
Celestial is little overpowered ATM.

Trust me. I’m engineer

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

And anet is clearly going to nerf the cele amulet amirite? /sarcasm.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

zapv.8051

It is the classes though, why don’t we see cele necros, mesmers, or rangers in tournaments? It’s because they can’t use all those stats, which is basically to say that they can’t do enough damage while traiting defensively to actually kill someone, or they could deal enough damage but would die easily. That means they simply aren’t as good in those respects, and sense Anet has always pushed the “play how you want” there is no reason why they shouldn’t perform equally as well as those classes.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

And your “favourite” team just got rekt despite using celestial godlike builds( well you think they are)..as @ArrDee say : “Get good son”

-Edit-oRNG had like 2x zerker amulet?! O_O LOOOOOL, “get good son”

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

No, they don’t.

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

With all the stuff on the horizon™ I am inclined to disagree and just wait and see… Balancing for the sake of but a few months, while a whole new gamemode is going to be introduced, with a new class, class mechanics and bunny ears just seem a bit off to me…

I am well aware that these three classes suffer a lot within the current “PvP Meta” but this mostly counts for Conquest, and mostly because of their current skillset as opposed to other classes…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

zapv.8051

No, they don’t.

LOL great logical, thoughtful argument there.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

It is the classes though, why don’t we see cele necros, mesmers, or rangers in tournaments? It’s because they can’t use all those stats, which is basically to say that they can’t do enough damage while traiting defensively to actually kill someone, or they could deal enough damage but would die easily. That means they simply aren’t as good in those respects, and sense Anet has always pushed the “play how you want” there is no reason why they shouldn’t perform equally as well as those classes.

-Dankening LB ranger beats top ele and top engi in 1vs1 ..Yeah cele class, surely wins by default..it’s not like player skill count for something O_O!!!!!!!! Am I right??

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I think he means that when a class is relying on “positioning and team peeling” as ONLY damage avoidance source- which is universal to all and even map dependant, it means the class is generally weak just theres a few exceptional players.

So thats the risk part, and we all know that the reward part is also not worth it – how long can a mesmer/necro bunker a point they just gained vs cele ele for example.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

(edited by Flumek.9043)

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Yes. Lets take the best burster, the class with 40K effective hp and the one that can kill other classes by pushing button 2 on every cooldown and buff them. They sure need it.

Few really care how they perform in the top 1% min-max-or-die-eSports-wannabe segment. All the classes do fine in normal sPvP. If perfectly equal is required, Anet should simply remove all classes from sPvP and give us a single class with preset skills. A Warrior with only 1 skill (auto-attack) on a 0/0/0/0/0 spec would be fine I think. Sword and sheild as only weapons. No weapon swapping, cant be unfair.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

necro is very strong when played right, but I agree with ranger and Mesmer needing something.

ranger has no place in the current meta, once again as demonstrated by today’s matches. condi bunker cant win against other cele builds, and power is simply too situational requiring an extremely solid team that will peel for you and give you room to roam and dps.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

And your “favourite” team just got rekt despite using celestial godlike builds( well you think they are)..as @ArrDee say : “Get good son”

Oh and how many celestial builds were on the team that “rekt” them? The SAME NUMBER YOU SAY?! OH WOW how crazy!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: lollasaurus.1457

lollasaurus.1457

No, they don’t.

LOL great logical, thoughtful argument there.

Your honestly just wrong about it, they are all very strong classes in their own right. Learn to play them at a very high and dedicated level and maybe you’ll get it. Ranger especially is over the top if anything for the minimal amount of skill or coordination required to be effective.

in PvP

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

cele is OP for any class that can mightstack really well and take advantage of healing power. Thast why its so stupid on war and ele.

in PvP

zapv.8051

I think he means that when a class is relying on “positioning and team peeling” as ONLY damage avoidance source- which is universal to all and even map dependant, it means the class is generally weak just theres a few exceptional players.

So thats the risk part, and we all know that the reward part is also not worth it – how long can a mesmer/necro bunker a point they just gained vs cele ele for example.

Exactly, thank you very much for clarifying.

Your honestly just wrong about it, they are all very strong classes in their own right. Learn to play them at a very high and dedicated level and maybe you’ll get it. Ranger especially is over the top if anything for the minimal amount of skill or coordination required to be effective.

No they aren’t, if they were then their would be 1-2 on every single team. These classes have a very small presence at high level pvp, and the only reason they exist there is because of high individual skill less than the class itself.

in PvP

zapv.8051

Yes. Lets take the best burster, the class with 40K effective hp and the one that can kill other classes by pushing button 2 on every cooldown and buff them. They sure need it.

Few really care how they perform in the top 1% min-max-or-die-eSports-wannabe segment. All the classes do fine in normal sPvP. If perfectly equal is required, Anet should simply remove all classes from sPvP and give us a single class with preset skills. A Warrior with only 1 skill (auto-attack) on a 0/0/0/0/0 spec would be fine I think. Sword and sheild as only weapons. No weapon swapping, cant be unfair.

The class has 20k HP and a profession mechanic, while also lacking numerous defensive and offensive mechanics almost every other class has. Any decent player won’t die to a single rapid fire let alone let it hit them, and mesmer burst is only slightly more difficult to avoid.

I’m not saying all classes should perform the same. I’m saying these classes have very rarely been in the meta and deserve buffs to be pushed into the meta for once.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

cele is OP for any class that can mightstack really well and take advantage of healing power. Thast why its so stupid on war and ele.

A corruption condi necro should counter a set up like that easily but they have issues of their own…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

I’d like some mesmer to be buffed in the fact that some more traits look appealing, like our Chaos line’s “Bountiful Disillusionment” and our Illusion line’s “Disruptor’s Sustainment”. And our glamour bombing back. They nerfed confusion, I don’t see why they had to also nerf our application of it.

in PvP

Supreme.3164

Oh and how many celestial builds were on the team that “rekt” them? The SAME NUMBER YOU SAY?! OH WOW how crazy!

And team with more zerkers won…it’s called personal skill something you may want to check

in PvP

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

And team with more zerkers won…it’s called personal skill something you may want to check

So celestial isn’t OP because both top teams in the finals used them? I don’t get your argument.

(edited by Dondagora.9645)

in PvP

Supreme.3164

So celestial is OP? I don’t get your argument.

Celestial may be the optimal choice on few profession but this is far from making them OP, like many forum warriors want you to believe and…how oRNG showed to the all GW2 community : personal skill > everything else

-edit- Full cele team lost 4 times out of 4

/thread

-edit2- LB ranger beats top ele and top engi in 1vs1 ( both engi and ele are celestial spec)

/double thread + FATALITY

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I seriously thought this was a troll thread when I first came in here. I guess the OP is actually serious.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Not just “buff”. If you want to buff, buff with brain. Tbh, none of those need damage buffs. Ranger needs better BM line, Mesmer I guess something to deal with thieves, Necro needs sustain, shorter casts and improved Flesh Wurm.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

orng had the same amount of cele….

in PvP

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

-edit2- LB ranger beats top ele and top engi in 1vs1 ( both engi and ele are celestial spec)

Except that didn’t actually happen. Also, please stop tooting your own horn by typing /thread after every post you make, it doesn’t do your credibility any favors.

(edited by BolshoiBooze.3406)

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Ranger is already far too strong. Any buff to them needs to include a huge nerf to the longbow and the pet. A reduction in the time of Entangle wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Ranger is already far too strong. Any buff to them needs to include a huge nerf to the longbow and the pet. A reduction in the time of Entangle wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

The Ranger may be too powerful, but overall it’s still not providing something the game wants or needs. Thus why no one plays it and even some of the highest skilled teams can’t seem to make it work.

So if we want to have an honest discussion on why the class is overpowered, we also need to have an honest discussion on how to improve it in other ways so the class can actually have a reason to exist.

Honestly speaking, the same could be said for Mesmers and Necromancers. Neither class pulls their own weight and requires far too much of an investment from the team to truly be viable. But Ranger is easily in a far worse state overall.

in PvP

zapv.8051

The Ranger may be too powerful, but overall it’s still not providing something the game wants or needs. Thus why no one plays it and even some of the highest skilled teams can’t seem to make it work.

So if we want to have an honest discussion on why the class is overpowered, we also need to have an honest discussion on how to improve it in other ways so the class can actually have a reason to exist.

Honestly speaking, the same could be said for Mesmers and Necromancers. Neither class pulls their own weight and requires far too much of an investment from the team to truly be viable. But Ranger is easily in a far worse state overall.

This really gets to the crux of the issue, many in this thread have disagreed that these classes need buffs, giving no justification as to why these classes shouldn’t be buffed (Other than longbow 2, which is a hilariously bad argument). These three classes cannot simply be taken in a team comp, the team comp has to be built around them and with them in mind. This is why you haven’t ever seen these classes as the meta because they require far more work to have them in a team then they are worth.

When Supcutie was playing a thief today (as opposed to mesmer which has always been his favorite), and when I watched Nos get focused time and again with very little reasonable counterplay it emphasized this. Anyone who honestly disagrees with these classes getting buffs, please give me a legitimate reason why they don’t deserve buffs. Balance is around pvp high level play and they are all currently under performing, which is obvious to anyone paying attention.

in PvP

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Btw, I understand why scrubs over-react to power ranger.

I roam alot with my power ranger. When I roam in t1 EB, most of the roamers that dare to roam are quite tough. They can negate the initial burst and gap close me and try to land all the soft cc on me (chill or cripple or immobile) so I can’t run. If I let them do that to me, it’s pretty much game. Condition necro, contrary to popular belief, are one of the biggest counters of power ranger. All they need to do is land one chill on me so I cant run, then they can safely chain CC me to death. Condition War and Zerk Mediation Guardian are also extremely tough match-up because they have infinite gap closer, lots of soft CC, and too many ways to negate my damage completely for quite awhile. (Guardian can blind, immob, block, invulnerable to waste my burst then burst me down, War can gap close me with 1-h sword, negate my CC with balance stance, and tank my damage very well) Thief can take advantage of stealth and easily gap close me and burst me down first, and spam dodges while dps me up front. Condition engineer has 1 reflect, 1~2 blocks to completely negate my burst, outrun me with rocket shoe and permanent swiftness, and can quickly melt me down with confusion and other dot. Those are all hard counter to power ranger, that I need to use my pet and positioning very effectively in order to beat them.

On the other hand, when I leave T1 EB and go to places like Eotm, which is the regular scrubs gathering place, I suddenly find 99% of targets are easy preys that either has no defense, or doesn’t dodge, doesn’t block, doesn’t gap close at all (Even gold ranks are scrubs in Eotm). I kill most of them so fast and so easily, that I almost feel like I’m in a totally different world. Then I realize that those are the “general public” that usually post those QQ threads about ranger being too OP, because in Eotm, I sure am OP as hell. But in truth, it just reveals the incompetent of this “general public”, that have no awareness of how to fight in WvW. When put my ranger in a T1 environment, I’m nowhere close to OP. So many other roaming specs can melt me down if I’m not careful, or not using every advantages that I possibly have as a ranger.

So my conclusion is this: If you really want to QQ about ranger, you should go try one yourself, and try to solo que in SPVP, or try to roam SOLO in a T1 environment. Then you will realize ranger is nowhere close to OP.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

^ this guy’s got it. power rangers can appear strong against average players, but they lack something to be truly competitive.

in PvP

Posted by: Indrea.7803

Indrea.7803

^ this guy’s got it. power rangers can appear strong against average players, but they lack something to be truly competitive.

Same situation of the mesmers, strong against new players that lack experience.

in PvP

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

Mesmer does not need any specific buffs. If anything it needs two things, a reliable Poison application through a weapon skill (—perhaps it could be a thing if they added Dagger besides the Shield?), not being reliant on a Superior Sigil of Doom. And a re-work of, e.g., Signet of Inspiration to include a permanent 25% Movement Speed modifier, so that Traveler Runes feels less necessary in order to stay mobile as a roamer. More so when not using Staff.

Other than that, Mesmer is as viable as the other professions, it just takes a good player behind it. Yes, I think Mesmer is a profession that requires skill and reaction, a profession not reliant on rotations and combos. It’s not easy to be a good Mesmer. Don’t scuff at their ability to lock a player down through chained dazes and interrupts either, which can be huge to get team fights to be in your favor. You can prevent stomps with Moa even, or completely counter another professions Elite with it.

The amount of utility you have as a Mesmer compared to the rest of the professions, makes it one of the best and most fun to play in the game. If some people would stop treating it as a ranged profession, they might see the extensive amount of tools it has to survive, which doesn’t even include our ability to use stealth. You can go toe to toe with it just fine, surviving for enough time to receive some backup, even if outnumbered. And that as a Berserker user.

So no, please do not give my favorite profession any excuse to be nerfed by making it any more powerful. Especially when few players take full advantage of it, something that is bound to change as time continues. If anything, give us Poison to counter the excessive regeneration of a Warrior using Healing Signet, Adrenal Health and Regen (and/or Shout heals), or the Elementalist’s major healing capabilities when swapping into the Water Attunement, using Signet of Restoration and Regen. That’s the two professions that gets frustrating to fight, not just as a Mesmer either, since even though they make many mistakes and take good hard bursts to their faces, they just heal it back up again as if you did nothing. While still having equal burst capabilities in certain builds. Oh, and of course, do something about a Turret Engineer’s turrets. They are a royal pain to try to destroy as a Mesmer, whereas our clones, a major mechanic to our damage output, are something that explodes if you look at them harshly. I know it’s not just Mesmer that hates Turret Engineer as they currently exist.

Overall I find the game to be fairly balanced these days however, and that’s even though there hasn’t been any massive balance changes. It’s only a few things that gets on my nerves; that being the Warrior sustain, when taking their highest tier HP pool + Armor (yes, that matters—saying otherwise is ridiculous), excellent mobility and CC, as well as good damage, into consideration. The same goes for Elementalists, which granted is slightly better tuned, and it’s just a tiny bit too much healing on their part that gets annoying, especially when they fail at avoiding 90% of what you throw their way, but gets to just heal it up since you can’t feasibly interrupt it in any way. Turret Engineer’s turrets being frustratingly tanky to deal with when you have a Engineer attacking you in their bunker setup as well. Oh, and I’d say the Ranger Downed State’s Lick Wounds could do with some tuning. Why should one profession be exempt from the tactic of leaving them on the ground to bleed out? Why does the pet continue reviving even if they are interrupted? And does it really need to be “15%” of the Ranger’s HP per second? That’s a bit ridiculous. I’m ok with Lick Wounds existing. Just not in the manner it currently does. That’s basically it, when it comes to what I get frustrated by “balance wise”. Four things.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

No, they do not need buffs. Cele needs a nerf and everything’s fine.

Say no to powercreep.

in PvP

Posted by: arron.7348

arron.7348

buffed isn’t necessarily the right word here, and no, everything isn’t fine

in regards to rangers: shouts, spirits, traps, pets, 80% of its traits, and quite a few of its weapon skills are outright bad and need reworked or replaced.

i’m not experienced enough with mesmers or necromancers to comment on what needs changed, but it’s quite evident they need something to give them the edge they currently lack at higher levels of play(even if i personally believe necromancers to be one of the most frustrating 1v1s in the game, it’s clear after watching nos yesterday that something is missing).

in PvP

Supreme.3164

One profession fart conditions at range, has 20k HP by default and can fear chain you to death…buffs? Let’s not forget about dhuumfire

Another profession happily apply huge burst from 1200 range, stealth,teleports on short CD, boon stripping and more and more

Another profession again happily apply huge pressure from distance, can be quite tanky and like necros can fart condis.

These three profession have the ability to sit at range and mock/laugh at you with little effort, but some people still think that being forced in mele range ( warrior/ele) , as your range options suck, should bring no benefits and the professions mentioned above should have your same level of survivability while comfortably sitting at range, kiting you to death

If you want ranger/Mesmer and necro to share same survivability of mele classes..then we remove your range options first. ty

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

No buffs just nerf cele by 40 per stat and make sigil of air and fire a lot worse

Then you have decent balance which gives more specs time to breath.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

in regards to rangers: shouts, spirits, traps, pets, 80% of its traits, and quite a few of its weapon skills are outright bad and need reworked or replaced.

i’m not experienced enough with mesmers or necromancers to comment on what needs changed, but it’s quite evident they need something to give them the edge they currently lack at higher levels of play(even if i personally believe necromancers to be one of the most frustrating 1v1s in the game, it’s clear after watching nos yesterday that something is missing).

Necro is a great class. They just need to be played a certain way, and if the enemy doesn’t allow that, then like every profession, it can get nullified.

Mesmer and Necro just come with a long list of requirements, when met, they’re a force to be reckoned with – the most lethal of killers. Consistency is all that’s lacking, buffing would be extremely complicated.

Buff/Change non-longbow Ranger weapons. Some lacking depth/plays, often ignorable, sporadic, and generic. A little more reward and risk would be better, to avoid that feeling of flinging the same instant projectile with 4 different tool tips.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Necro is a great class. They just need to be played a certain way, and if the enemy doesn’t allow that, then like every profession, it can get nullified.

Mesmer and Necro just come with a long list of requirements, when met, they’re a force to be reckoned with – the most lethal of killers. Consistency is all that’s lacking, buffing would be extremely complicated.

Buff/Change non-longbow Ranger weapons. Some lacking depth/plays, often ignorable, sporadic, and generic. A little more reward and risk would be better, to avoid that feeling of flinging the same instant projectile with 4 different tool tips.

So necro and mesmer need to be babysat, and other classes don’t, and that’s ok? You just need to devote a whole team effort to keep them alive, something that is not true of the meta classes at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

So necro and mesmer need to be babysat, and other classes don’t, and that’s ok? You just need to devote a whole team effort to keep them alive, something that is not true of the meta classes at all.

Nah, its enough if they are just a good player facing a not as good player.

If these three where meta classes, everyone would just cry about how the Warrior, Thief and Guardian sucks and need buffing. Its pointless.

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I feel like people aren’t exploring enough of what Necro has to offer. I ran a power d/d support (read before you laugh) Necro with 30k HP as a condition vacuum with each utility as a stun break and 3 condition transfers. You wouldn’t believe the amount of pressure it took off my teams during testing.

in PvP

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Your opinion doesn’t match the reality, if these classes were actually “great” they would not of been so poorly represented in teams. In every comparable game I’ve played if something is “great” then good teams / guilds will use it regardless of whether it has requirements or has a high skill cap, so either the entirety of the “pro” GW2 PvP playerbase are basically scrubs or you are wrong.

But then really you need to look no further than things like Xeph switching to a thief (that he was clearly less competent on than his mesmer) 2 weeks before a tournament and being more effective than he was on a class he had played for over a year, balance in this game is a joke.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Many people seem to use arguments like “ranger won vs top ele in wts so ranger is good”. What they seem to be forgetting is that s/t condi ranger is one of the best duelling builds especially since pets shine in 1v1s. Ele on the other hand has amazing teamsupport (heals party boons, mightstacking and more) far better mobility and is still arguably equal to ranger in duels. They are in my opinion not even comparable.

Some people also use particular players as arguments, which in my opinion does not work. You have to remember people like helseth, nos and so on are “specialists” (his own words). They have played their professons and mastered them for an incredibly long time. Again we can compare this to ele engi and war… we can’t use these players to represent the viability of a profession.

Also, bringing things up like dhummfire is not really relevant, the game can’t be balanced from a revenge standpoint “necro was good before so it needs to be bad now”.

Only my 2c, im openminded though so feel free to comment ^^

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Nah, its enough if they are just a good player facing a not as good player.

If these three where meta classes, everyone would just cry about how the Warrior, Thief and Guardian sucks and need buffing. Its pointless.

Yes, let’s just accept the status quo. Great point.

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

What needs to be changed imo is the damage/sustain ratio that celestial provides for some classes. That is not as simple as “nerf cele or buff the other professions”. Certain skills/traits need to be adjusted. Berserker amulet should equal low sustain/high damage and high sustain should go along with more survival and very low damage obviously. Celestial warriors/engies/eles can get like 75% survival and damage when they should be at 50% if the scaling was done proper. The expansion adding the new boons/condies/specialization will definitely change things and hopefully switch the focus from might stacking bunkers to more defined roles where you get punished for investing more into damage or survival.

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

One profession fart conditions at range, has 20k HP by default and can fear chain you to death…buffs? Let’s not forget about dhuumfire

Another profession happily apply huge burst from 1200 range, stealth,teleports on short CD, boon stripping and more and more

Another profession again happily apply huge pressure from distance, can be quite tanky and like necros can fart condis.

These three profession have the ability to sit at range and mock/laugh at you with little effort, but some people still think that being forced in mele range ( warrior/ele) , as your range options suck, should bring no benefits and the professions mentioned above should have your same level of survivability while comfortably sitting at range, kiting you to death

If you want ranger/Mesmer and necro to share same survivability of mele classes..then we remove your range options first. ty

Guess you’re one of those Eotm scrubs I mentioned in my post.
“Sit at range and mock/laugh at you with little effort” (chuckle)
Guess someone is not from T1 server, and never solo que in SPVP as a ranger.

Shoutheal War can just spam LB F1 and 3 randomly and switch weapon with little to no penalty and click some shout to succeed, and no matter how many mistakes they make they can just cleanse all the cond and heal back. That’s what I called little effort.

(edited by Aomine.5012)