Mesmer

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

1) Mesmer illusions should not be able to kill/attack/interrupt you when you’re downed. Had a stupid illusion on me, Mesmer didn’t even both to attack just let his pet do all the work while he runs around on a rampage. OP much.

2) Mesmer illusions should not have name plates or there should be an option to turn these off so you know which is which.

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

AI needs a huge Nerf in general. So people won’t get carried by AI anymore

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

2) Mesmer illusions should not have name plates or there should be an option to turn these off so you know which is which.

Phantasms have nameplates that clearly state that they are phantasms.

Clones are clones. That’s the point. Learn to play.

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

Ranger complaining about mesmer clones….

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Sesundar.3501

Sesundar.3501

Classes you don’t play is OP
Classes you do play is UP
Flawless logic!!

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

I’m sorry OP, but this is L2P issue.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

2. makes me laugh.

Like a lot.

Stop being bad, learn to play the game.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

Clones have almost no HP, when you are downed and see a clone on you, plink it with your 1 and then res.

Phantasms have a little more, but the same thing applies, if the mes is going to summon stuff and turn their attention elsewhere, just kill them and start to res.

As for the second thing, Clones will only use their auto, with pauses between them, so if a Mesmer is just standing in a pile of clones autoing, then the real one is attacking the fastest.
Also, they are AI, they will only ever move directly towards their target to get in range and attack, making their movements generally rather obvious.
On top of this, they don’t display any passive buffs the Mesmer has, so signets and the like can be an easy way to spot from afar.

As for Phantasms, they are etheral looking and have nameplates.
It generally couldn’t be more obvious.

Unless you find a Mesmer who actually named themselves after a Phantasm.

In which case, laugh at their tiny Asura for trying to hard.

25/90 never forget.

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: KarinaCO.6948

KarinaCO.6948

Mesmer is the bottom class in tPvP and you’re crying for nerfs? Really?

It’s either a case of “Get out of hotjoin” or “L2P.” Or Both.

Lol, mesmer is no longer in the bottom for high-level tPvP. The yung ender ran double mesmer in the Weekly and actually beat caed. Mantra & shatter.

necro

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

Mesmer is the weakest class in tPvP….. Instead of making us mesmers less viable than we already are, How about you L2P…. The real mesmer is dodging and always moving, if you can’t find the real one, then I suggest you go see an “ophthalmologist” ASAP.

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

Mesmer is the weakest class in tPvP….. Instead of making us mesmers less viable than we already are, How about you L2P…. The real mesmer is dodging and always moving, if you can’t find the real one, then I suggest you go see an “ophthalmologist” ASAP.

They are weak but they are still the easiest class to kill people in 1v1. Passive AI damage = GG. I think even MM necro is harder to play since the pets are melee and can be kited.

MM harder to play?? lol MM is the easiest kitten ever, they don’t even dodge and if you’re not careful they can bring your HP down 0 in seconds. Shatter mes is by far the hardest build to play effectively, especially in this condi meta where engis are doing perma burning and necros with nightmare runes fearing you to death. We are weak against conditions and thieves also hard counter us. Saying that MM is harder to play than mes is ridiculous, mesmer is one the hardest proffesion in the game to play.

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Scribble.8069

Scribble.8069

Check out this thread OP: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/I-would-love-to-know/first#post3934704

Sort of the same thing asked in a different way, hope it helps?

Scribble Scrabbler
Kiss Kiss Bang [BANG]

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

When will people stop making threads “Nerf every class but mine please”
Mesmers are fine. They are CLONES for a reason, they are intended to deceive your opponent, making them blatantly obvious (like they aren’t already?) is beyond stupid.

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

dont catch the L2P bait they keep saying it to keep frustrating you, even if you find the real mesmers and cc him he still stealths or swaps positions with his clones with constant offensive pressure ,it doesnt really matter if you find the real one you will still loose the fight.

action combat made mmos better lol

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

dont catch the L2P bait they keep saying it to keep frustrating you, even if you find the real mesmers and cc him he still stealths or swaps positions with his clones with constant offensive pressure ,it doesnt really matter if you find the real one you will still loose the fight.

Lol, ok.
You’re making it sound like Mesmer is the god class, why isn’t everyone playing them in SPvP?

It really is a matter of L2P. Rather than constantly complaining about other classes, why not get better at your own?
I have every class at 80 except Ranger and Elementalist. I can do excellent on all my 80s vs any class unless i’m against someone better than me. There’s no “oh crap he’s a Mesmer I better not go near him or I’ll definitely die” issue.

(edited by Zach.3264)

Mesmer

in PvP

jihm.2315

Lol, ok.
You’re making it sound like Mesmer is the god class, why isn’t everyone playing them in SPvP?

a lot of them play mesmers and not all people enjoy playing such an annoying class

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Lol, ok.

a lot of them play mesmers and not all people enjoy playing such an annoying class

While there’s many reasons I play mesmer, one of those reasons is definitely because I enjoy the taste of tears like yours.

Mesmer

in PvP

jihm.2315

Lol, ok.

While there’s many reasons I play mesmer, one of those reasons is definitely because I enjoy the taste of tears like yours.

well done bro for playing a broken class , as for me im already looking for new games without uber trolling combat, tera looks good.

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

Lol, ok.

well done bro for playing a broken class , as for me im already looking for new games without uber trolling combat, tera looks good.

Fun Fact: Tera has its own forums.

Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

I’d prefer my phantasm Mesmer to summon a non-attackable illusion, does one attack, can’t be attacked/cc’d, disappears after it’s attack – adjust phantasm summoning skills to match.

I hate AI in general but phantasm is still my favorite Mesmer spec as I don’t like shatter and PU makes me physically sick, but I agree with anyone saying player assisted AI should die a death, that goes for any game really.