Mesmer Pets

Mesmer Pets

in PvP

Posted by: Rod.3087

Rod.3087

Is there a way to turn off the overhead names of the mesmer pets so that only the player shows? Or is there an option on the keybindings so that I can set a Target Enemy PLAYER only, not just “enemy” (which would include pets/NPCs)? Like in WoW, there’s keybinding options where you can target the closest enemy, but also an option to target closest enemy PLAYER.

I’m asking because it’s nice if I could just easily target mesmers rather than their pets by accident.

Thanks.

Revenant best class super fun

Mesmer Pets

in PvP

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

‘pets’…
You should probably take into account that a clone confusing you is intended behaviour.
Its kinda the class concept.
Actually im dissappointed the real mesmer is so easy to figure out, that clones can only realistically be used to be burned in shatters.
And you shouldnt be fighting any mesmers on a rev btw.

Mesmer Pets

in PvP

Posted by: DeathReign.7821

DeathReign.7821

Mesmer clones/phantasms are made to look like the player for a reason.

This confusion between the player and the clone/phantasm is a l2p issue, and with enough experience you will be able to identify the real Mesmer with ease.

Hint: Look for the Mesmer that does anything except stand still and auto-attack.

Kiss the chaos.

Mesmer Pets

in PvP

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

And in AoEs, the real mesmer always takes the least damage. My usual solution is to destroy the clones faster than the mesmer can make them.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Mesmer Pets

in PvP

Posted by: Carrion.8249

Carrion.8249

This is one of those situations where it actually is an l2p issue. Mesmers move differently than their clones you have to watch for dodging also clones don’t have signets on their name plates. Take every opportunity to fight against them so you can get used to the tells or pick up the class yourself.

Mesmer Pets

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

The point of the clones is too confuse. Very few experienced players are confused by them though.

Mesmerising Girl

Mesmer Pets

in PvP

Posted by: black sun empress.7401

black sun empress.7401

yeah just watch for the dodges and kiting.. theres ur mesmer.. not bad if u have AOE just burn all the clones/phantasms.. the annoying thing in the midle of a crazy skirmish (and ive done this b4 and it works) is when a ranger has the same name as their pets and ur not paying attention to the character icon above.. which happens..

Mesmer Pets

in PvP

Posted by: Hlord.5940

Hlord.5940

Keep posting in this thread and Anet will add in an option that allow you to auto target the real mesmer.

Mesmer Pets

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

Hint & Tip:

Create two different keystrokes.

• Target Nearest
  • Target Next

Use Target Next vs. Mesmers. This targeting will initially ignore AI targets and immediately target the player. If you KEEP clicking it, it will then begin targeting AIs.

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Mesmer Pets

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Hint & Tip:

Create two different keystrokes.

• Target Nearest
  • Target Next

Use Target Next vs. Mesmers. This targeting will initially ignore AI targets and immediately target the player. If you KEEP clicking it, it will then begin targeting AIs.

Yeah, key-bind both target nearest and next. If you see the real one get close hit nearest really fast, otherwise hit target next. If next hits the wrong one you can hit nearest then next again for reset. Sometimes it doesn’t work, but is is sometimes better than trying to click the real one. A big part of Battling a Mesmer is fighting the UI.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Mesmer Pets

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Clones live long enough for you to be confused by them!?!

Mesmer Pets

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Anet has purposely made changes in the past to ensure names remain, and targeting isnt easily overcome with mere keystroke select.

Mesmer Pets

in PvP

Posted by: Crowley.8761

Crowley.8761

What do you think the point of them looking like and having the same name as the Mesmer is really? What do you think the point of the Mesmer class is?