Mesmer is more OP than thief

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Hi all, Henry back again. How we all doing?

Anyway, everyone knows thief will be getting nerfed next patch due to how OP it is. But I think people are ignoring the fact that mesmer is way more OP than thief.

I have tested games vs both and mesmer just ruins more games than thieves with how OP they are. The combination of portal, frequent evasion/ports/invuln and massive condi spam pressure with zero effort or skill means that mesmer is just broken.

I am sick of spending more time as a Moa than as a necro. This is unacceptable and will make people quit the game because it is not fun.

Solutions:
Two of the these changes (at least are needed):
1, Blurred frenzy needs a much higher cd to stop the evasion spam.
2, Moa #3 should give 3 stacks of stability
3, Portal should have reduced range
4, Continuum split should have a higher cd in pvp

2 of these changes will do. It is necessary to save pvp. These aren’t just my experiences and I am not biased. I ran the numbers and found mesmer was more OP than thief, which is in itself OP. If thief gets nerfed then we get even more OP mesmers too as thieves can track down their mesmers.

Thoughts?

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

got moa’d :^) now is rage

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Hi all, Henry back again. How we all doing?

Anyway, everyone knows thief will be getting nerfed next patch due to how OP it is. But I think people are ignoring the fact that mesmer is way more OP than thief.

I have tested games vs both and mesmer just ruins more games than thieves with how OP they are. The combination of portal, frequent evasion/ports/invuln and massive condi spam pressure with zero effort or skill means that mesmer is just broken.

I am sick of spending more time as a Moa than as a necro. This is unacceptable and will make people quit the game because it is not fun.

Solutions:

2 of these changes will do. It is necessary to save pvp. These aren’t just my experiences and I am not biased. I ran the numbers and found mesmer was more OP than thief, which is in itself OP. If thief gets nerfed then we get even more OP mesmers too as thieves can track down their mesmers.

Thoughts?

1. No it has been fine for years
2. 5 and 2 plus dodges are more than enough to survive for 6 seconds
3. See 1
4. 90s is already really high for a class mechanic that doesn’t do anything in itself, if you see CS go up just dodge. Mesmers already have to stun you to land Moa because of how easy it is to dodge the obvious CS → Moa.

This is coming from a revenant main

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Yes, mesmer is better than thief. Thief is trash tier though, so that’s not saying much.

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

1) A rooted evade every ~12 seconds is hardly an issue these days. Has already had it’s CD increased.
2) Moa is only 6 seconds now. Flee and double dodge is all you need to survive.
3) Portal is one of the few mechanics left that make the game interesting to play. Why would you want to reduce this?
4) CS is pretty broken but not because of its short cooldown.

Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

1) BF already saw two nerfs in a raw, higher CD and getting blur instead of distortion. Now it is fairly balanced, you eat 8 times retaliation and you can be CC with some skills. Most other professions have #2 skills that deal way more damage than BF while having crazy low CD.

2) Why? While in Moa, you can evade with #5 and double dodge for about 40% of the time transformed, and CC is the least of your problems, mesmer will usually put you lots of confusion and torment, neither are countered with stability.

3) Portal range is fine, otherwise it will be completely useless and mesmers would lose one of the main reasons it is taken in PvP.

4)At a realistic rate of alacrity, CS refreshes around every 65s, making it the 7-8th skill with highest CD in the entire metagame. There’s no need for higher CD on CS, or mesmer would be forced to only develop its mechanics very few times while the rest enjoy spamming theirs.

Basically, you want to turn mesmer to a useless butterfly creator.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

(edited by Ansau.7326)

in PvP

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

“nerf paper, it’s OP, scissors is fine” — rock.

Seriously, though, if your theory was true then the top 250 would be nothing but mesmer vs mesmer. Which it observably isn’t, so we can say that the best players in sPvP do not agree with your assessment here.

(Not that a good pvp mesmer isn’t a pain in the neck with their condition bursts and stuff. Just ask my guild officer who plays one and rocks.)

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

The ONLY justifiable nerf for Mesmer would be if Maim the Disillusioned and maybe illusionary retribution only triggering on f1 and f2 (maybe f3) with rebalancing the stacks.

But this makes condi as effective as power shatter, and for something that is already countered by so much, and resuced to a portal bot against any team that can play around shatters. (You know mechanics that actually take substantial setup, holding line of sight to achieve decent damage, and pressure.) the entire game except maybe necro and ele would have to be nerfed to keep Mesmer viable.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

1) A rooted evade every ~12 seconds is hardly an issue these days. Has already had it’s CD increased.
2) Moa is only 6 seconds now. Flee and double dodge is all you need to survive.
3) Portal is one of the few mechanics left that make the game interesting to play. Why would you want to reduce this?
4) CS is pretty broken but not because of its short cooldown.

Nah dude

in PvP

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

condi mesmer is broken because how confusion works and tthe passive confusion the mesmer applies on the top of many cother conditions, but mesmer is fine otherwise.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

You know what else is even more OP than thief? Everything but necro. Let’s nerf all of them until necros reign supreme.

- A Necro Player

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

You know what else is even more OP than thief? Everything but necro. Let’s nerf all of them until necros reign supreme.

- A Necro Player

What a phony, you don’t even have necro in your sig!

Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

That sounds about right.

@OP – There’s no way you are spending more time being moa’d then you spend as a necro. 6 second transformation, on a ~70 second CD minimum. Even if the entire other team was chronos and they always managed to moa you back to back without interruption you would be spending less than 50% of the time moa’d. Such exaggerations don’t help your argument.

As for your suggestions……

1 – BF cooldown is fine as it is. Its already one of the lowest damage dealing #2 skills in the game, and the change from distortion to blur was a huge nerf to it. Increasing its CD won’t change anything either, since the evade spam comes from canceling it after the first 1/4-1/2 sec evade and having it go on a short CD anyway. So increasing the base CD wouldn’t affect the blur spam in the slightest. If you wanted to address that, increase the CD for when a mesmer cancels it

2 – Moa is absokitteninglutely fine as it is. Its been nerfed more than Rev has since HoT dropped. Leave it the kitten alone already

3 – And your reasoning for this is what exactly? How short of a leash should it have according to you? Also, why?

4 – CS is really strong, but increasing its CD won’t make it any less strong. It will accomplish nothing really, because CS CD isn’t one of the problems with mesmer design, and definitely will not make condi chrono any less cancerous. Besides, even with the effects of alacrity its already one of the higher CD skills in the entire game, with several classes having elite skills with shorter CDs.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Solutions:

1. No it has been fine for years
2. 5 and 2 plus dodges are more than enough to survive for 6 seconds
3. See 1
4. 90s is already really high for a class mechanic that doesn’t do anything in itself, if you see CS go up just dodge. Mesmers already have to stun you to land Moa because of how easy it is to dodge the obvious CS -> Moa.

The problem with your notes on #1 and #3 is that these were never a problem when mesmer was basically required to splay only squishy builds that relied solely on active defenses (PU mesmer was never viable b/c you would lose the point). Nowadays, mesmers don’t really have a “squishy” body, thanks to all the sustain in Inspiration, blocks, and abundant shatters fueled by chronophantasm. A skill that is balanced on a squishy body can all of a sudden become OP when put on a tankier/better support.

Still, I think the problem lies in the chrono specialization, as I wouldn’t want to nerf core classes. One potential change could be to make portal an elite: it wouldn’t really hurt core shatter mes, who could now take more survival or burst utils, but would really make a tough call between moas and the high map control mesmer has. Alternatively, you nerf shield, specialization traits (esp. chronophantasm), or sig. of inspiration (which allows shatters to be all the more spammable).

in PvP

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Pretty much the same story with every elite; they all need huge nerfs, the sole outlier being the reaper which needs only a few tweaks here and there to round out the spec for different builds.

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Moving portal to elite would mean that TW would also need to be moved to another skill category, unless you want TW to be a utility skill. So where would you move TW to if it was up to you?

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

I stand for what i belief that if both hit the shaving part, Thief will and stand still overpowered, i’m not saying you need to be a Champion Brawler to achieve such state rather simply known that both have superior mobility but the damaging pressure and cooperative part still goes to Thief.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Moving portal to elite would mean that TW would also need to be moved to another skill category, unless you want TW to be a utility skill. So where would you move TW to if it was up to you?

time warp should be a heal skill
moa should be an on interrupt trait
portal should take place of fall damage trait

then all is well.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

That sounds about right.

@OP – There’s no way you are spending more time being moa’d then you spend as a necro. 6 second transformation, on a ~70 second CD minimum. Even if the entire other team was chronos and they always managed to moa you back to back without interruption you would be spending less than 50% of the time moa’d. Such exaggerations don’t help your argument.

1 – BF cooldown is fine as it is. Its already one of the lowest damage dealing #2 skills in the game, and the change from distortion to blur was a huge nerf to it. Increasing its CD won’t change anything either, since the evade spam comes from canceling it after the first 1/4-1/2 sec evade and having it go on a short CD anyway. So increasing the base CD wouldn’t affect the blur spam in the slightest. If you wanted to address that, increase the CD for when a mesmer cancels it

2 – Moa is absokitteninglutely fine as it is. Its been nerfed more than Rev has since HoT dropped. Leave it the kitten alone already

3 – And your reasoning for this is what exactly? How short of a leash should it have according to you? Also, why?

4 – CS is really strong, but increasing its CD won’t make it any less strong. It will accomplish nothing really, because CS CD isn’t one of the problems with mesmer design, and definitely will not make condi chrono any less cancerous. Besides, even with the effects of alacrity its already one of the higher CD skills in the entire game, with several classes having elite skills with shorter CDs.

Blurred frenzy for sure needs a cd nerf to add counter play. Something jeeds to be done to stop these unkillable mesmers with their high passive pressure

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

That sounds about right.

Blurred frenzy for sure needs a cd nerf to add counter play

Lol that “logic” can literally be applied to every skill in the game.

Test of Faith for sure needs a cd nerf to add counter play!

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

This must be necro players screaming to nerf other classes month.

1st a thief nerf LOL
2nd now a mesmer nerf

Mesmers are fine in the grand scheme of things right now. You should prolly just learn how to rotate better and queue with a friend on support to just face roll games.

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

You know what is broken in chrono mesmers? It is the fact that it is possible to chain activate shatters imo. I think that another mechanic should be applied to the chrono line such as “When you activate a shatter, other shatter skills are deactivated for X amount of time”, kind of like a complementary tool to the internal cooldown of the shatters. Nothing too harsh, of course something like 1 second at maximum. I also think that chain activating shatters should only be possible under the effect of CS. And similarly enough I think that DH traps should receive the same kind of treatment.

in PvP

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

You know what is broken in chrono mesmers? It is the fact that it is possible to chain activate shatters imo. I think that another mechanic should be applied to the chrono line such as “When you activate a shatter, other shatter skills are deactivated for X amount of time”, kind of like a complementary tool to the internal cooldown of the shatters. Nothing too harsh, of course something like 1 second at maximum. I also think that chain activating shatters should only be possible under the effect of CS. And similarly enough I think that DH traps should receive the same kind of treatment.

That is already working as you pretend to, anet introduced it back in nov/dec 2012. Once you shatter, all other shatters are put into a 0.5s CD I think.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in PvP

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

Mesmer fanboys are so easy to spot in this thread. XD

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

That is already working as you pretend to, anet introduced it back in nov/dec 2012. Once you shatter, all other shatters are put into a 0.5s CD I think.

Oh really? I never really noticed. Mea culpa then.

in PvP

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Blurred frenzy for sure needs a cd nerf to add counter play. Something jeeds to be done to stop these unkillable mesmers with their high passive pressure

That makes no sense. How does Blurred Frenzy = high passive pressure? What IS “high passive pressure”?

Gandara

in PvP

OriOri.8724

That sounds about right.

By all means go and nerf the CD. I wouldn’t mind having a shorter CD on blurred frenzy. Besides, raising the base CD won’t change the fact that you can still cancel it before it deals damage to have it go on a short CD to allow you to evade big attacks pretty much whenever you want to. Raising the base CD just will not change that at all, so I can’t figure out why that’s what you are focusing on.

Not to mention most of the power from condi chrono comes from the chrono line. Nerfing base mesmer is putting nerfs in the wrong spot.

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

A class that has one of the highest hitting condi spikes and can spam both confusion and torment and has access to retaliation,is bound to be over performing.
No class or build should have access to both of these conditions to the extent that Mesmer does,and such a high hitting class/build that can also avoid damage through blocks,evades ,and invulnerability,certainly does not need retaliation to top all the op ness off.
Same goes for Warrior,and to be fair,all across the classes of the game it is apparent that class balance is not only non existent but intentionally absent.
It’s just a selection of over performing builds that were designed to be that way.
This is the epitome of class design that is bound to produce imbalances and power creep.
And a low PvP population,because after the gold rush for loot wears off,all you are left with is a pile of poo poo so badly designed that you now need a fundamental class and trait redesign in order to make it right.
GW2 PvP will never be balanced the way traits and trait lines are set up.
Traits that are absolutely normal for some builds,like retaliation on base Warrior or Mesmer,become contributors to a class’s op ness when combined with a elite spec.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

(edited by Aenaos.8160)

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

i dont play mesmer. so i get beat by them a lot on builds with low aoe pressure. EVEN I KNOW MESMER IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO OP.

im bad at sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

A class that has one of the highest hitting condi spikes and can spam both confusion and torment and has access to retaliation,is bound to be over performing.
No class or build should have access to both of these conditions to the extent that Mesmer does,and such a high hitting class/build that can also avoid damage through blocks,evades ,and invulnerability,certainly does not need retaliation to top all the op ness off.

Oh yeah, that retaliation is just… So op. It truly is what makes Mesmers totally broken and capable of instakilling any class in the game. It’s practically an exploit, it is. Any Mesmer using such a broken mechanic as retaliation clearly deserves a ban.

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Same goes for Warrior,and to be fair,all across the classes of the game it is apparent that class balance is not only non existent but intentionally absent.
It’s just a selection of over performing builds that were designed to be that way.
This is the epitome of class design that is bound to produce imbalances and power creep.
And a low PvP population,because after the gold rush for loot wears off,all you are left with is a pile of poo poo so badly designed that you now need a fundamental class and trait redesign in order to make it right.
Traits that are absolutely normal for some builds,like retaliation on base Warrior or Mesmer,become contributors to a class’s op ness when combined with a elite spec.

Our access to retaliation is 100% RNG. But I do agree that mesmer has ridiculous access to confusion and torment

in PvP

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

Our access to retaliation is 100% RNG. But I do agree that mesmer has ridiculous access to confusion and torment

That
You stand still = ur screwed
You move = ur screwed

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

Mesmer is fine, toughness got nerfed, moa got nerfed, shield got nerfed, healing got balanced, it’s still good to play, but can also be killed which is a good sign to me. I hate it when people don’t know what to do in moa, I used to die a lot too to it, so I read the moa skills. The best one is probably the 5 skill, allowing you to do a fast sprint. You literally sprint away, wait for it to wear off and get back in there.

The problem is that thief has been and still is a one trick pony. The damage and mobility are actually quite good, but it can’t 1v1 all that well which is a huge problem. You’ll rely on a thief to cap far, only for the enemy’s DH or something to be there and the thief just can’t do anything. It’s not the best in big fights either since it’s so squishy and doesn’t offer too much.

Chrono has good mobility, damage but is actually good in team fights. DH is great for 1v1 and teamfights with it’s only real drawback being speed. Similar to revenant, thief isn’t god awful and can be played well, but I don’t see them doing anything that other classes don’t do better.

in PvP

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Henry, you spend half the round as a moa because you don’t have the brain power to dodge the giant tell associated with it.

You ask for blurred frenzy to be nerfed ( a skill in no way OP currently that has been around and balanced to a good place over the years; It’s vanilla mesmer and no way related to chrono) and I saw you mention it in another thread, which has been met multiple times now with everyone calling you out for being insanely wrong.

I’d love to see those “numbers” you crunched to arrive at your “OP” data. That you haven’t posted. What a bad joke.

This guy keeps going around spamming inept posts because his main is countered by mesmer. I hope you keep getting Moa’d until you quit, PVP doesn’t need your uninformed balance ideas.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Henry, you spend half the round as a moa because you don’t have the brain power to dodge the giant tell associated with it.

You ask for blurred frenzy to be nerfed ( a skill in no way OP currently that has been around and balanced to a good place over the years; It’s vanilla mesmer and no way related to chrono) and I saw you mention it in another thread, which has been met multiple times now with everyone calling you out for being insanely wrong.

I’d love to see those “numbers” you crunched to arrive at your “OP” data. That you haven’t posted. What a bad joke.

This guy keeps going around spamming inept posts because his main is countered by mesmer. I hope you keep getting Moa’d until you quit, PVP doesn’t need your uninformed balance ideas.

Dude, mesmer is too strong, its obvious. Too much evade spam

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Oh yeah, that retaliation is just… So op. It truly is what makes Mesmers totally broken and capable of instakilling any class in the game. It’s practically an exploit, it is. Any Mesmer using such a broken mechanic as retaliation clearly deserves a ban.

fay, just accept it: mes op.
think of it this way, if you accept, you can change things from the inside out ;)
you know you want to.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Mesmer is fine, toughness got nerfed, moa got nerfed, shield got nerfed, healing got balanced, it’s still good to play, but can also be killed which is a good sign to me. I hate it when people don’t know what to do in moa, I used to die a lot too to it, so I read the moa skills. The best one is probably the 5 skill, allowing you to do a fast sprint. You literally sprint away, wait for it to wear off and get back in there.

The problem is that thief has been and still is a one trick pony. The damage and mobility are actually quite good, but it can’t 1v1 all that well which is a huge problem. You’ll rely on a thief to cap far, only for the enemy’s DH or something to be there and the thief just can’t do anything. It’s not the best in big fights either since it’s so squishy and doesn’t offer too much.

Chrono has good mobility, damage but is actually good in team fights. DH is great for 1v1 and teamfights with it’s only real drawback being speed. Similar to revenant, thief isn’t god awful and can be played well, but I don’t see them doing anything that other classes don’t do better.

Nope, it is mega op. Evade spam, invuln spam, condi spam, clone spam, mobility spam, moa spam. It is so OP

in PvP

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Nope, it is mega op. Evade spam, invuln spam, condi spam, clone spam, mobility spam, moa spam. It is so OP

Yeah, 1 spam, 2 spam, red spam, blue spam, old spam, new spam, false spam, true spam!

in PvP

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Henry can’t differentiate clones from the real player.

How can we expect you to understand how active damage mitigation works?

Let alone what power creep even is… or the fact that its present in every single elite spec.

Henry just needs to be held after the repeated abuse he faces against anyone who bests him. Poor Henry. A moment of silence please.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Let alone what power creep even is… or the fact that its present in every single elite spec.

Henry just needs to be held after the repeated abuse he faces against anyone who bests him. Poor Henry. A moment of silence please.

Hmmm well whatever you stay its still the most op class by far.

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

It’s OP because I SAY SO!

Tell you what either make a mesmer and show us your ESL gameplay or /thread

in PvP

OriOri.8724

Chrono does need to be toned down, but its far from the most OP spec in the game

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I could probably reroll mesmer after 1 day and improve my rating just because of how op the clone spam is

in PvP

Posted by: Moonsinn.5382

Moonsinn.5382

I’m so sick of these threads. Mesmer is not OP. There isn’t a single OP class now. Some might need some tweaking, but balance is very good right now. Honestly, I eat mesmers like candy. Maybe you just need to learn when to attack (not during BF or shield), and dodge or aoe the clones.

Aethelweard Rex – Guard
Trist Lockwood – Thief
Aelius Swift – Warrior

in PvP

BeepBoopBop.5403

I could probably reroll mesmer after 1 day and improve my rating just because of how op the clone spam is

Ok show video tomorrow c ya then

in PvP

Posted by: alccode.1297

alccode.1297

Wait, what? Thief OP? You mean the class that has one viable and serious sPvP build?

Or are we confusing “OP” with “annoyance that I can’t just kitten stomp that thief that gets away”. That, in fact, is the class design. It would be like thief players complaining how many other classes can actually teamfight, so “nerf those classes”.

I’ll repeat the “rock says to nerf paper” thing everyone is saying, because it’s true.

As for mesmer, both as guard and thief I haven’t really been having many problems with them in ranked (up to gold). Frankly haven’t seen a lot of moa either. Mesmer to me today is just an annoyance with clones, but once you get to the real player, they are not particularly difficult to down. I probably haven’t seen any top tier mesmer players though, but then, how is this different from any other class?

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I’m so sick of these threads. Mesmer is not OP. There isn’t a single OP class now. Some might need some tweaking, but balance is very good right now. Honestly, I eat mesmers like candy. Maybe you just need to learn when to attack (not during BF or shield), and dodge or aoe the clones.

Lol the window to attack the doesnt exist. They can chain invukns or blocks whilst clone spamming for huge dps. Then just blink away for the few seconds they can be attacked. Their condi clear is mad too

in PvP

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

i thought you claimed that was DH then, warrior. then you claimed it was thief. now mesmer. lets be honest you dont care about balance. you just want your class to be op right?currently youve claimed half of the total classes are overpowered. you see how stupid this is getting?

im bad at sarcasm

(edited by abaddon.3290)

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

i thought you claimed that was DH then, warrior. then you claimed it was thief. now mesmer. lets be honest you dont care about balance. you just want your class to be op right?currently youve claimed half of the total classes are overpowered. you see how stupid this is getting?

I only think mesmer and thief and perhaps warrior.

i know these are the hard counters to necro but that isnt why i think they are op. I am not biassed

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Lol the window to attack the doesnt exist. They can chain invukns or blocks whilst clone spamming for huge dps. Then just blink away for the few seconds they can be attacked. Their condi clear is mad too

But..

1) They can’t sit on top of traps/wells whose CD starts the second they’re used

2) They can’t hold a point

3) You don’t see 2-3 mesmer teams winning consistently every teamfight where one team lacks strong condi clear

4) You don’t need outstanding condi clear ( like your build loaded with condi clear to 70-80% total) to win against condi mesmer

5) They have no god mode, where they have pulsating stability and just advance without fear into the thick of battle

6) Blurred frenzy root them…they don’t walk towards you while blocking the kitten out of everything

7) You don’t see bad mesmers being carried by passive sustain…they die in few secs

8) They can be CCed for a change…not like most other professions that truly fart stability/block for hours to no end

9) New players don’t roll a mesmer for easy win..they die in 2s using them, they need loads of practice.

In a game dominated by cheesy mechanics…you still don’t find videos like this..for mesmer:

-Necromancer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcho3twIK2g

-DragonHunter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWRWW3tb4Rw

-Warrior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpxIggT6thM

….I rest my case..and I don’t play mesmer or thief, just saying