Mesmer is quickly becoming the most OP class

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Anet just remove those stupid clones and mesmer is balanced again or give other classes clones too.

first i read this and thought wow 0/10

then i read this

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

nvm lol

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

These are my problems with mesmer and the lack of counter play to it:

1, They can spike out of stealth all the time = no counter play
2, They apply a ton of conditions, do massive damage and strip boons
3, They do too much spam damage from long ranged with the greatsword
4, Blurred frenzy cd is too short meaning they have too much invulnerability
5, They can port around like clowns and get you down when you cant hit the fools
6, They get so many procs like fire and air sigil
7, Portal is a game chaning utility
8, Moa morph is not fun in any way whatsoever
9, Cancel cast on greatsword is a cheat and an exploit and those exploting it should be banned
10, The damage it too high and too repeatable. They shouldn’t be able to spike for so much so often. I would increase the cd of shatter by 50%

Then we have some balance. Mesmer is game warping and OP as anything else. Just because thieves kill them, like they kill everything, does not make such high damage with ZERO COUNTERPLAY ok.

Please make the change and improve the game.

beens aying this for long time and got mocked for it…mesmers are brokenly OP and cause they arent represented alot on elite high end tournies doesn’t make them weak or unviable…that’s bs…mesmer AND thief need hardcore nerfs….not perse on cd’s more on damage….thief rupting damage for example needs 75% dmge reduction…why? cause its no slow predictable and heavy hammer he/she is using to rupt and deal heavy damage like the slow predictable hammer get it? nerf nerf and nerf these stealth classes some more for it is needed!!! mesmer and thief excuses etc are getting old

in PvP

Posted by: Darksteel.8412

Darksteel.8412

also when stealthed and hit a blocking target…the stealther should be revealed…i mean the blocker doesn’t notice the blocked impact cause its stealth….so non stealth classes suddenly become kittened as well…nerf this stealth stuff hard….that or their damage…balance says it cant have both….basic math ikr

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

.thief rupting damage for example needs 75% dmge reduction…why? cause its no slow predictable and heavy hammer he/she is using to rupt and deal heavy damage like the slow predictable hammer get it? nerf nerf and nerf these stealth classes some more for it is needed!!! mesmer and thief excuses etc are getting old.

Look at your company Henry, JUST LOOK AT IT! xD

in PvP

Posted by: Reborn D.2769

Reborn D.2769

also when stealthed and hit a blocking target…the stealther should be revealed…i mean the blocker doesn’t notice the blocked impact cause its stealth….so non stealth classes suddenly become kittened as well…nerf this stealth stuff hard….that or their damage…balance says it cant have both….basic math ikr

I’m okay for that, and you fix the bug that allow attack to track through stealth ok ? you will be cute :p

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I’m okay for that, and you fix the bug that allow attack to track through stealth ok ? you will be cute :p

pets as well O.o

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Alexander.9810

Alexander.9810

It really is astonishing how insane the OP’s “evidence” is. I only played this game for a couple months and realized that Mesmer is just a DPS with some cool mechanics that work better in a group than solo.

Class balance in this game is actually pretty good considering how unworkable the system was designed to be. When people can build however they want with very little in the way of rules, it becomes much more difficult for developers to balance.

Of course, it’s still a bad joke, but not at all for the convoluted gibberish “reasons” the OP states.

Warrior in FFXIV, the best MMO in the world
Former Warrior in Guild Wars 2
Former Sith Warrior in SWTOR

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

I agree completely! That is why everyone is a mesmer!

Wait…um no they are not and actually there are not that many….

nuff said.

I beleive we had established no one plays a mesmer because a thief eats mesmers. The competitive players have mostly abandoned mesmer because there is almost always a theif. You see some still compete in tourneys. Helseth looked pretty good today but helseth is well… helseth.

Yes, mesmers are horrible, that’s why one is going to WTS.

I’m not saying mesmers aren’t good…

You’re just suggesting no one plays them. It’s not like the class is not viable, it is.

Its viable but its one of the hardest classes, if not the hardest class to play. Which is why not that many people play it competitively. Helseth plays like almost no one else which is why he can handle it in WTS

There were matches where he spent most of his time downed/running from base… Let’s not bring top tier stuff into the discussion.

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

The main problem with mesmer imo is the ability to interrupt the enemy at the same time it can remove stability.
No build should be able to remove stability and have a good amount of CC. Thats is not balanced at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Somnium Luna.6294

Somnium Luna.6294

Ok… Off topic. I rarely post on forums, but reading em regularly. Message to OP. I read your post history. You are complaining about thief, warrior, Mesmer, Guardian and Cele ele. Wtf is that really. Half of the professions are OP in your opinion. I see l2p issue here. With no mean of insulting, I recommend you try other classes and actualy play and get good at them.
I play 6 classes and trust me each of them needs to be learned to be good and ‘op’ with it. You complain about mesmer. Currently I am a good player, but when I started Mesmer I sucked for first 50 matches. I thought it was useless class until I learned to properly do combos etkittenil I tried different builds and playstyles. Mess is high skill cap and it shines in the good player hands only.
Also you complain about thief stealth previous post. 2 sec stealth broken mechanic. Rly? You even suggested need for nerf to 5 sec stealth maximum. Which thief can achieve with Sr only, or by dumping all his initiative and be useless. As a thief main, and a high tier player, I don’t even use Sr as utility, and stealth only for accessing backstabbing in mid fight.

Same, I thought about Cele ele being OP. Until I tried one. And guess what, at beginning I had no idea what my 25 skills are and how to use em. I died in seconds until I learned rotations etc.
This game is alt riendly. I suggest you play at least other classes before complaining. This is what is wrong with gw2 players mentality.

in PvP

Posted by: Zento.7401

Zento.7401

All teams with warror, thief, engineer and elementalist

The fifth is a guard DPS.

Sometimes there is a Mesmer, Misha, hellseth, mime.

Sometimes there is a necro. Noscoc and (team radioactive, can not remember his name)

Ranger …

But of course, necro mesmer and are very very good. Nerf mesmer this in every team

(edited by Zento.7401)

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Yes mesmer GS is the most broken weapon in the game. One of the few ranged weapons that is not a projectile on autoatck. Has unblockable skills on a very short cd.

That’s probably why mesmers in the past always used staff-sword and no greatsword, for half the game’s life. Thief shortbow and warrior longbow says hello.

Thief shorbow is only 900 range. Cluster bomb is incredible slow moving projectile and the other 4 skills do almost no dmg. Has 0 unblockable skills.

Wrong.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Choking_Gas
Please don’t speak for a class you dont know.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Because the absence of thieves would suddenly make necros good. It would remove all the shout warriors, Meditation guard and cele rifle engineers from the meta game and make necromancers harder to focus down. The necromancer could just use his/her superior mobility to get to the incredibly slow and immobile mesmer and focus him/her down. I wonder why I have never thought about this before.

except mesmers actually have better chances to kill celestials~
imagine if every single team would run mesmer, what do you think would happen?

People would take something that doesn’t immediately die if more than a single person look at it. Or something that can cross the map in less than 10 hours. Or something that offers team support. Or something that doesn’t have to get off node vs everything. Or something that can actually chase and kill people instead of letting them run a circle to come back with full life. Or something that is actually strong in 1v1 vs the current meta builds. Or something that is useful outside of downed state.

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

I agree completely! That is why everyone is a mesmer!

Wait…um no they are not and actually there are not that many….

nuff said.

I beleive we had established no one plays a mesmer because a thief eats mesmers. The competitive players have mostly abandoned mesmer because there is almost always a theif. You see some still compete in tourneys. Helseth looked pretty good today but helseth is well… helseth.

Yes, mesmers are horrible, that’s why one is going to WTS.

I’m not saying mesmers aren’t good…

You’re just suggesting no one plays them. It’s not like the class is not viable, it is.

Its viable but its one of the hardest classes, if not the hardest class to play. Which is why not that many people play it competitively. Helseth plays like almost no one else which is why he can handle it in WTS

There were matches where he spent most of his time downed/running from base… Let’s not bring top tier stuff into the discussion.

If that is indeed true, then it is surely a good proof that mesmer is not OP. no?

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Quadox.7834

Yes mesmer GS is the most broken weapon in the game. One of the few ranged weapons that is not a projectile on autoatck. Has unblockable skills on a very short cd.

That’s probably why mesmers in the past always used staff-sword and no greatsword, for half the game’s life. Thief shortbow and warrior longbow says hello.

Thief shorbow is only 900 range. Cluster bomb is incredible slow moving projectile and the other 4 skills do almost no dmg. Has 0 unblockable skills.

Wrong.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Choking_Gas
Please don’t speak for a class you dont know.

Exactly. Also, i think you might have skipped the fact that thief SB has an amazing targeted teleport on a weapon skill.
(you as in the first poster)

Yaniam [Mesmer]

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

This is probably just a case of rock paper shotgun, you’re the paper staring at the end of the barrel. Sorry to inform you that this game doesn’t solely come down to skill, although I wish skill was the only thing that mattered. You probably got countered, Shatter Mesmer is not over all OP in general they’re just really good vs specific classes 1v1.

I think many people have an issue with shatter Mesmers because its not a class you can just walk up to and annihilate if the Mesmer knows what they’re doing, you have to understand the mechanic behind the class and know how to position your self while they’re stealthed. Once you learn the class inside and out and get really good at dodging/avoiding/predicting shatters, only the extremely talented ones will give you any trouble. Speaking in general terms, disregarding counters.

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in PvP

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

People in general have problems with classes that can blast them to smithereens , while seemingly just mashing buttons and constantly evading things they do.

Sorry but thief and shatter mesmer are built for that spike and if they look to be too fast, that’s because they cannot afford to fight at the sluggish cele brawling speed. You don’t have the luxury to think for ages what to do next or how to counter them. You have to think fast, way faster than with celestials or bunkers.

While thief usually has the ability to get out and reset the fight, mesmers have to play all-out damage (unless they have portal to retreat to) so they look like they’re out for blood (and they are).

If all of the above sounds like “the most OP” to you, i suggest playing shatter mesmer and be most OP yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The main problem with mesmer imo is the ability to interrupt the enemy at the same time it can remove stability.
No build should be able to remove stability and have a good amount of CC. Thats is not balanced at all.

You realize you just described Thief, right? Only for thief it’s insta cast with zero setup, has a 20s cd, a minimum range of 900, and doesn’t just strip but steals the stabos. And that’s not even the half of what will happen.

in PvP

Quadox.7834

You realize you just described Thief, right? Only for thief it’s insta cast with zero setup, has a 20s cd, a minimum range of 900, and doesn’t just strip but steals the stabos. And that’s not even the half of what will happen.

It even prioritizes stab!

Yaniam [Mesmer]

in PvP

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

you forgot to add that a thief dedicates a full traitline to do it

in PvP

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

And it’s so good that half of the people take it and uses it successfully in competitive scene. Yes it’s a trade-off, but a good one.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

And it’s so good that half of the people take it and uses it successfully in competitive scene. Yes it’s a trade-off, but a good one.

You’re wrong, everyone takes this trait line if he wants to be competitive. At the point when every single thief has to trait into the same trait lines not regarding their build, it means how crucial it is to the class. Try to play thief without Trickery and you will see how unviable thief is without it.

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I’m pretty sure DA,CS(still imo) and Trickery will be chosen for traditional zerker thief but then again the recent metas s/d 2 0 0 6 6 will go DA,Acro(hopefully polished) and Trickery while 6 0 2 0 6 will go DA,SA and Trickery so maybe no more full burst thief anymore AKA utility and control are better and maybe some cough cough other thief roles might appear(more).

Stay on mesmer plz it’s entertaining.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Quadox.7834

Thief needs 1 trait to steal the stab. Then they can use headshot.

Med needs 1 trait to remove the stab. Then they can use diversion.

Yaniam [Mesmer]