Mesmer portal bug - spawns but doesn't work.

in PvP

Posted by: Supcutie.2538

Supcutie.2538

Not sure if Anet is aware of this bug, but it’s awful. As mesmers, others and I have developed internal timers for the portal, and if one casts it right as it would go on cd, the portal entrance will spawn, but the exit will not, and you can’t use the portal. However it will still use the full cooldown.
I think this is due to the small delay after using portal before it becomes active. So when the exit fades, there is a small window for the entrance to spawn right at the 60 second mark. Fix pleeeease.

My Guide: http://bit.ly/SupcutieGuide (Easy link)
Mega link: http://bit.ly/mesmerguide

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

Yes, this is really ruining my pve / wvw experience. I hope that they can find a solution for this soon so I can continue to pve / wvw without this bug ruining my experience. It is very important to me.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in PvP

Posted by: Reevz.2617

Reevz.2617

yeah dude! >@:^)

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

Um, not sure if this is the same bug, but I’ve noticed several times in sPvP it doesn’t work. Can anyone confirm this??

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Um, not sure if this is the same bug, but I’ve noticed several times in sPvP it doesn’t work. Can anyone confirm this??

Have your portal entry and exit be close enough together? Since Supcutie has played his mesmer prior the minimap change I’m sure, that this is not the case for him, but it might be your problem.

Prior the minimap change in spvp you could calculate the distance between the portal entry and exit unit. (not sure, if there is somewhere an option to change the minimap back)
Nowadays you just have to take your time, and test out the range.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

If you drop your exit too far from your entrance, you can’t use your portal. Just make sure they’re within range of each other. Max out the size of your minimap & zoom it in as much as possible. Turn on rotation (not always face north). Now put a personal waypoint where you drop your portal entrance. Once that personal waypoint is on the edge of your minimap, that’s the maximum distance you can portal in the x/z plane. Not quite sure what the rules are for y plane.

As for sPvP (since this “question” was in the sPvP forum), the minimap trick can’t be used so it’s just a matter of memorizing distances in each of the maps. If you play a lot of sPvP and fail dropping your portal a lot, you’ll eventually learn your distances. Things to note:

• Portal can span the distance between the trebuchet and the repair kit on Khylo
  • Portal can span the distance between middle & any of the other two points
  • Mostly use portal to support far point assault & assist in middle

in PvP

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

This was a bug that Anet fixed up a few months ago, I can’t recall the exact patch. Supcutie’s post is very old.

Anet, if your reading this, timer and range indicator on portal would make life a lot easier for players new to the mesmer class…

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in PvP

Posted by: JoopFOX.9510

JoopFOX.9510

Thanks for clarifying guys.

Professor James – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Even i’m no related to mesmer class, the timer would be pretty handy.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell