Mesmers are currently OP?

in PvP

Posted by: Hime.1528

Hime.1528

I see Mesmer running OP 1 hit KO builds that can instantly down me and other players. Am I the only one that think this is over power and unfair?

~Getting Rekt Day by Day~

in PvP

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I’m trying to decipher what he did to you. I play mesmer, though I’m no expert. It looks to me like he did something like this:

1. Mantra of Distraction (daze)
2. Mirror Blade
3. Mirror Images
4. Popped F1 and F3 on top of you.

Mirror Blade bounces several times. Each bounce does moderate damage, which adds up to a lot when it crits, and if it bounces between the mesmer and you each time (instead of between other players). It adds vuln to you and might to him, which futher racks up the damage. Popping Mirror Images at the same time and then instantly shattering F1 is a big spike of damage too.

Shatter mesmers are very predictable. They use GS and they try to get into melee range for the burst. They typically lack cleanse and have little or no defensive stats. If you see him stealth before engaging, or you see him auto attacking while running straight towards you, that means it’s time to dodge.

TL;DR – he used a lot of big cooldowns on you and was probably wearing full zerk, making him extra squishy should his burst fail. Dodge the burst and kill him.

in PvP

Hime.1528

Shouldn’t the cool downs be about 40 sec long or something? because I saw him pop the same thing every 10-20 ish sec and its kills back line.

Also in the video he does it at 0:33 and again at 0:53 that’s 20 sec apart?

(edited by Hime.1528)

in PvP

Posted by: Puma.7934

Puma.7934

He has the golem buff, it is an exploit

EDIT: An exploit since friday that it is really easy to reproduce and tons of people in wvw are using. Anet, please…

Barqueros del Estigia[Styx]

(edited by Puma.7934)

in PvP

Hime.1528

Oh? I just went on a golem check the buff and it has a 100% damage to players and 100% movement speed. Do I report him?

in PvP

Xenon.4537

Shouldn’t the cool downs be about 40 sec long or something? because I saw him pop the same thing every 10-20 ish sec and its kills back line.

Mind Wrack (F1) is a 10 sec cooldown. That’s the main damage shatter. It will crit for maybe 1-2k per clone on a zerk build. With 3 clones + the mesmer in melee that’s between 4-8k. Add the Mirror Blade which will hit a single target for up to 5k if done correctly. An interrupt with the damage trait will crit for about 1k.

Under ideal conditions if the mesmer hits with EVERYTHING just right, its between 15-20k burst. But that can’t be done without full clones. Either he has to cast the #4 phantasm, dodge, and mirror blade… Or he has to use mirror blade and pop Mirror Images. The former requires a ramp-up time, wasted endurance, and has clear telegraphs allowing you to dodge it easily. The latter requires a 32 second cooldown (Mirror Images). Either way, it doesn’t hit as hard as some other builds out there (thief comes to mind) and is easier to predict. Not to mention the only defense he has is stealth and blink which are also 30 second cooldowns.

Protip: if he lacks condi cleanse, immobilize will ruin his day.

Edit: Oh well if he’s using a golem exploit then that changes everything…

in PvP

Hime.1528

Yeah and after the first try I couldn’t even get near him >.> and he even called me a pus for building a bali when i wanted to use it as bait.

in PvP

Xenon.4537

Yeah and after the first try I couldn’t even get near him >.> and he even called me a pus for building a bali when i wanted to use it as bait.

He communicated with you over wvw? How?

Even so, I would have just blocked and reported him for verbal. And if he’s exploiting the golem thing, then there’s no much else you can do but report him for that too.

in PvP

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

He communicated with you over wvw? How?

Even so, I would have just blocked and reported him for verbal. And if he’s exploiting the golem thing, then there’s no much else you can do but report him for that too.

you can get a players name by blocking them with right click or inviting to party by targetting and pressing P

and, yes, you should report him, because very clearly in your video he has the buff
if he’s harassing you and calling you a “pus”, too, then report for verbal abuse
which… is silly, since, he’s the one abusing an exploit like that….. but beside the point

unfortunately, reporting people never does anything, apparently, since threats and trash talk and exploits are quite common in the servers we face and nothing ever happens to these players that are reported repeatedly by multiple players

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

LoL at that golem buff exploit. He is moving so fast, easily kiting you by simply jumping around.

Change your title to golem buff currently OP.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Good that you record this. Wish him get banned.