Mesmers not dropping target now?

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

Been playing today and maybe this was in previous patch notes, but I don’t remember seeing it…

Basically the short version is, I’ve noticed when I mark a Mesmer now, when they do that clone swap move, they come back out still marked. I’m not sure if this applies to stealth yet or not, I just noticed this a few minutes ago. Anyone else seen this?

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: Trevos.6473

Trevos.6473

They drop the mark with those niblet stealth skills…

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Stealth usually drop marks, both if used by thieves rangers or mesmers…but some skills are still bugged as they continue to channel on target after he goes stealth dropping the target, like necro and guardian downed skills for example or barrage…

in PvP

Posted by: Sonnet.9840

Sonnet.9840

They drop the mark with those niblet stealth skills…

Stealth skill (Decoy), not skills.

Unless they use Mass Invisibility, a 90 sec cd elite that is situational at best or Veil, also a 90 sec cd slot skill that I haven’t seen used probably ever in sPvP.

Maybe some players use oll three to good effect, but I haven’t seen any.

in PvP

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

You had me dreaming there for a moment, man.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

Stealth skill (Decoy), not skills.

Unless they use Mass Invisibility, a 90 sec cd elite that is situational at best or Veil, also a 90 sec cd slot skill that I haven’t seen used probably ever in sPvP.

Maybe some players use oll three to good effect, but I haven’t seen any.

There is a fourth stealth skill, The Prestige; which is slightly more spammable than Decoy. It is not commonly used however as it requires the Torch, which has the worst Phantasm.

Mesmers who are serious about stealth usually use The Prestige, Decoy and Mass Invisibility. Veil is never used as it really isn’t worth a Utility slot.

in PvP

Posted by: Sonnet.9840

Sonnet.9840

Yes, I forgot about The Prestige. Don’t see that around much either, but I do know that some mesmers use torch.

Anyway, not really on topic here anymore, but invisibility is a much hated “mesmer ability”, which is odd since vast majority of the mesmers, I believe, only use one stealth ability most of the time, and that gives 3 secs of invisibility. Well, it’s probably all things combined, since I don’t hear complains about rangers using stealth. Mesmers do have a lot of the good stuff in their arsenal.

(edited by Sonnet.9840)