Mesmers one shotting people

in PvP

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

How did this game ever got so exciting and competitive to allow mesmers to one shot people? Oh wait, this is NCSOFT…

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

in PvP

Posted by: Koto.1824

Koto.1824

On your keyboard, there’s a button that magically makes you not get one shot by them. It’s called the “dodge key.” I suggest you use it.

#1 Thief Antarctica
Still waiting for that Shield/Shield meta

in PvP

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

On your keyboard, there’s a button that magically makes you not get one shot by them. It’s called the “dodge key.” I suggest you use it.

Works well except when facing insible rogues such as mesmers. They only need blocks.. oh wait…

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

in PvP

Posted by: Koto.1824

Koto.1824

I don’t know what to say if you’re getting farmed by power mesmers xD

#1 Thief Antarctica
Still waiting for that Shield/Shield meta

in PvP

Posted by: NaturalBorn.7184

NaturalBorn.7184

I mean.. It’s a learn to play issue ?? They’re pretty squishy xd.

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

the resultof A-net throwing new players in the lions den and promoting this git gud culture.

U can still be emphatetic enough to atleast make a tutorial or bot battle mode. if that proves too much atleast put an ingame feature that links to pvp tutotorial videos qqmore, helseth etc.

atleast update the npc’s in the heart of the mists to elite specs or make a second set of npc with heart of thorns meta builds.

it’s kitten like this that kittenes off players in ranked. if u make a game that expects players to learn by trial and error atleast make it harder to play in ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: kin korn karn.9023

kin korn karn.9023

Power shatter mesmer has been around a long time. The build doesn’t work well against decent players, which is why you very rarely see it above low- to mid-tier. It’s used specifically for farming noobs.

in PvP

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

let me summarise what OP is really saying:

“Dear Anet, Rock is just too overpowered, paper is fine as it is, sincerely scissors”.

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in PvP

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

I wonder how people have been able to outsustain thieves all this time around then because shatter invisible power mesmer is just a subpar imitation of what thieves can do on a more regular basis.

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Full glass Power Shatter has always been gimmicky and super vulnerable to Thieves, in exchange for their all-out, manly, one-shot power. SD Engi and LB/GS Zerk Ranger are same tier I think.

If you’re really going all the way ham, S/D Zerk Ele with Arcane utilities and Killshot Warriors are also on the list.

It’s an insane tradeoff for instant gratification, and if you play it, you have to succeed (or you’re just gonna get wrecked), so there’s nothing really OP about it.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

in PvP

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

when there are so many annoying mechanics that prevent one shots from taking place by that mesmer build in this game it’s really silly to complain about it

don’t blame builds for your trash gameplay just a suggestion xd

Dusty Dawg

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

You are dying to a power mesmer. Dodge the burst. It’s obvious when it comes. After that, they’re kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: CJTheKilla.1054

CJTheKilla.1054

The fact that you’re complaining about this is hilarious. There is so much stuff to prevent it from happening that really the only way to one shot someone is if they’re unaware of your presence. Against actually good players shatter Mesmer gets deleted (cough buff cough) and farmed throughout the game and is why condi aids arose. There are plenty of other builds that have just as much potential to one shot you as a Mesmer can. You could literally get “one shot” by an engi because its just the build that theyre running. The builds been around for years and you’re crying about it now like anyone would care. This is a learn to play issue, because you shouldn’t need to come to the forums complaining about a build that’s been out for years and is easily focused and outplayed.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

First of all, this is the reason why auto stun break traits exist. People complain about these traits, but they give you a chance to respond to a surprise attack. Use them.

Second, power mes make a characteristic sound right before they spike you. It’s the sound of a mantra going off. If you 1v1 a mesmer you should be able to learn what this sound is. They are attempting to stun you so they can mindwrack you. Once you learn the sound you will know yo dodge it once you hear it. It sounds kind of like a bell.

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

i’m convinced that Anet has no idea how to balance this game for pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Hlord.5940

Hlord.5940

Are you implying that a full berserker mesmer with all trait focus on damage should not be able to one shot low health and low armor with zero trait for defense class?

By you logic mesmer should deal no damage? Actually scratch that, it’s the class with the lowest damage and you want it to be a free kill, a dead weight to the team?

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

As a long time Mesmer player, it’s your own fault if you got 100-0’d. That stunt is nearly impossible to pull off in a real game.

Most likely, either you were already injured or were hit by multiple enemies at nearly the same time.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

As a long time Mesmer player, it’s your own fault if you got 100-0’d. That stunt is nearly impossible to pull off in a real game.

It’s actually very easy to pull off. The combo isn’t that complex, and requires less APM than meta condi shatter does.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

GS shatter meta built mesmers have too much burst. those kinds of builds should never exist. one shot means from 100 to 0 in a second or less. you don’t even have to be low armor or low health to be one shotted from stealth by gs shatter mesmer. First of all, it’s not fun. Second of all, there’s very little counterplay for a build like that. They one shot you. If they fail to one shot you, they stealth, and run away until they can try again, probably from stealth. It’s not a matter of learn to play or not. These builds just shouldn’t exist. Anet has no idea how to balance mesmers cause of the clones. And they have no idea how to balance condition builds against power builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

GS shatter meta built mesmers have too much burst. those kinds of builds should never exist. one shot means from 100 to 0 in a second or less. you don’t even have to be low armor or low health to be one shotted from stealth by gs shatter mesmer. First of all, it’s not fun. Second of all, there’s very little counterplay for a build like that. They one shot you. If they fail to one shot you, they stealth, and run away until they can try again, probably from stealth. It’s not a matter of learn to play or not. These builds just shouldn’t exist. Anet has no idea how to balance mesmers cause of the clones. And they have no idea how to balance condition builds against power builds.

So what you’re saying is the problem isn’t that mesmers can oneshot you if they build glass cannon and you don’t fire a defensive skill within a quarter second of seeing a damage packet… The problem is stealth has no realistic counterplay.

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

and promoting this git gud culture.

out of curiosity, what would be the opposite of a git gud culture? stay bad?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

and promoting this git gud culture.

out of curiosity, what would be the opposite of a git gud culture? stay bad?

the opposite of git gud is stay bad indeed. git gud is really more a slang and often is used in a way that offers nothing of value.

How bout we promote a culture not of holding hands. but actually giving players the tools to improve by themselves instead of doing absolutely nothing? U can still have a competetive game mode by actually giving players a push so that they atleast know what they are doing. atm improvement in the game is done by doing by trial and error. a trial and error culture that somehow makes it also incredibly easy to participated in ranked league. I don’t get why the basicis, not mastery or expert. but the basics are sometimes to be still learned in gold division?

How bout instead of git gud we say Get better u know where to look?

see no pussified kumbaja hand holding or anything like that. u can still critize and be as honest as u want but now the game actually offers something of value.

because this is what u get. threads in which power shatters. condi thiefs,normal thiefs entangled rangers and DH still after so many kittening nerfs and a year worth atleast of playing is still treated with the same complaints.

in PvP

Posted by: Kaburro.4712

Kaburro.4712

Only thing I see wrong here is that you all are accepting that 1 shot kill is ok.
No, is wrong. We are not playing Counter Strike where some users can use sniper.
(yeah mesmer, thief, whatever, been there done that)

in PvP

Posted by: Kadj.6725

Kadj.6725

Only thing I see wrong here is that you all are accepting that 1 shot kill is ok.
No, is wrong. We are not playing Counter Strike where some users can use sniper.
(yeah mesmer, thief, whatever, been there done that)

Don’t stand on the grenade.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

There is no such thing as a Mesmer one-shot kill. There is a burst which uses up several skill slots and happens rapidly.

The same can be said of DH, War and pretty much every other class.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

There is no such thing as a Mesmer one-shot kill. There is a burst which uses up several skill slots and happens rapidly.

I wouldnt say gaurd or warr can delete you as fast as mesmer but then again mesmer has kinda long ish cd’s and noticable animations.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

The typical power Mesmers can stealth for a grand total of 6 seconds between two 30+ second cooldowns without slotting inferior elite skill.

They have to land multiple cooldowns and be optimally positioned to receive boons on a unreliable bounce skill, and all parts need to connect to do max damage and there is plenty of time between the initial hits to doge, when attacked from stealth unaware. Otherwise there is enough time to anticipate the burst if they stealth in front of you, Everything outside of those 6 second stealth is highly telegraphed.

Unlike Thief, if this combination of skills is dogged, or blocked (even by passives.) the Mesmer will not be able to do substantial damage, or shift pressure for what their defensive cooldowns truly allow; so every defensive cooldown is limited and needs to be reactive. At the same time outside of portal which is a long cooldown they cannot disengage reliably either. And the resources for the defenses are taken from the same pool of resources used to attack. (including burst set up cooldowns not just illusions)

This max damage is barely enough to kill a HoT ranger pet.
This build is hard countered by thief and guardian. both objectively better slot choice except for portal. (Even if different roles)
This build has very little auto attack pressure in ranged or melee and will always lose out to trading blows in either. (while still evading or blocking less than any medium class, plus Guardians and Revs.)
This build cannot reliably hold a point 1v1 vs sustain without losing the point.

Power shatter is underpowered compared to what other classes can do, including it’s condi counterpart. It’s only advantage over thief is portal and maybe moa which Condi mes has. Admitting you are having trouble with them consistently (since everyone can get kills) proves your inability to adapt, read, or learn the match-up.

I don’t like to say L2P or “get good” it is very condescending and rude, but if you’re not even going to put the effort in; you will have a bad time. But the responsibility is on you, you don’t get to complain because of your lack of commitment.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I always find it funny how sometimes Helseth play power shatter for views/sub goal and end up complaining about it, with most recent complain come from AT as well lol. Entertaining gameplays indeed, but players using that spec often get frustrated by how easily its countered.

Outside of top tier gameplays, power shatter can easily be filled by other power class in mid/high tiers. In low/mid tier you’ll probably see players that doesn’t have enough skill to pull off full damage or survive after your random dodge/block/passive.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I wouldnt say gaurd or warr can delete you as fast as mesmer but then again mesmer has kinda long ish cd’s and noticable animations.

Guard and war can, headbutt into berserk, HB and arc divider to finish. Someone without any passives and 15-20k hp will be downed no matter which way you cut it. You know if we’re talking about the same people who have issues with power mes.

Guards have plenty of wombo combos, remember the old medi guard which used whirling wrath with JI and smite conditions to burst people down really fast?

I’m not saying these are good builds or that they’re OP just that many classes have skills and traits that allow for incredibly high amounts of damage in a short frame of time, even necro!

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I’ve played Mes for a few years now, and there is no “one shot” can be done. Out of all the classes mes has one of the lowest effective dps. If you build for damage you have to sacrifice sustain, old skool style, unlike some other classes. Highest single shot/skill classes including effects are Thief, Warr, and Guard. Sounds like the Op got hit with a skill combo.

in PvP

Posted by: JusticeRetroHunter.7684

JusticeRetroHunter.7684

I’ve played Mes for a few years now, and there is no “one shot” can be done. Out of all the classes mes has one of the lowest effective dps. If you build for damage you have to sacrifice sustain, old skool style, unlike some other classes. Highest single shot/skill classes including effects are Thief, Warr, and Guard. Sounds like the Op got hit with a skill combo.

Naa, Mesmer is the only class as of right now that can one shot people with an array of burst skills. It usto be stronger before the patch.

But for those having trouble with this build, you need to be able to dodge the shatter. Most the time, you’ll notice the little purple kitten hit you, combined with a stun. You need to Stunbreak and dodge as soon as possible to avoid the rest of the spike.

If you want to avoid the spike all together, you need to preemptively predict the shatter. If the mesmer used Mass invis, it can be tough, but if not, you will notice the clones start to run at you fast. That’s a good indication to dodge, and more than likely you’ll dodge the spike.

in PvP

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

So no complaints against thieves/berserkers?

When a mes blows their DPS load, they use enough of their abilities/utilities that if they fail, they are pretty much wide open for a good enough time.

Mes can def one shot people, just as thief (such as mine I main). You need to watch for the spinning GS animation, despite it being quick, its not too fast to not notice (good way to work on reflexes)

Maybe play one and learn its rotation and you will know what to watch for yourself after.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in PvP

zealex.9410

Guard and war can, headbutt into berserk, HB and arc divider to finish. Someone without any passives and 15-20k hp will be downed no matter which way you cut it. You know if we’re talking about the same people who have issues with power mes.

Guards have plenty of wombo combos, remember the old medi guard which used whirling wrath with JI and smite conditions to burst people down really fast?

I’m not saying these are good builds or that they’re OP just that many classes have skills and traits that allow for incredibly high amounts of damage in a short frame of time, even necro!

Yeah but headbutt is SO GOD kitten SLOOOOOW ;-;

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

the stealth > gs2 > blink > f3 stun > gs3 > mind rek > gs5-4 weap swap sw3-2 is a pretty nasty combo but if you can break stun fast enough and dodge you will be fine. every class has their combo that if dodged your odds of winning go way up. war is headbutt, guard is f1 pull, rang is lb knockback/pet, necro is reap shroud fear>stun>spin to win.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

zealex.9410

the stealth > gs2 > blink > f3 stun > gs3 > mind rek > gs5-4 weap swap sw3-2 is a pretty nasty combo but if you can break stun fast enough and dodge you will be fine. every class has their combo that if dodged your odds of winning go way up. war is headbutt, guard is f1 pull, rang is lb knockback/pet, necro is reap shroud fear>stun>spin to win.

Ehh i start with sword 3 the torch 4 then swap gs2 blink f1-f3-f2 and gs3. I usually blink and perform gs2 befoere reveal so i hit them with prestige and i get the 3 man shatter. (sw clone gs clone and me).

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Naa, Mesmer is the only class as of right now that can one shot people with an array of burst skills. It usto be stronger before the patch.

But for those having trouble with this build, you need to be able to dodge the shatter. Most the time, you’ll notice the little purple kitten hit you, combined with a stun. You need to Stunbreak and dodge as soon as possible to avoid the rest of the spike.

If you want to avoid the spike all together, you need to preemptively predict the shatter. If the mesmer used Mass invis, it can be tough, but if not, you will notice the clones start to run at you fast. That’s a good indication to dodge, and more than likely you’ll dodge the spike.

I think we playing a different PvP game. Saying Mes is the only class that can one shot (presumably meaning string together a range of attacks to down a player before they can react) is very rare. Mes does not have the highest burst by a long shot. A large stack of torment can do the job, but Rev can do this too. Warrs have far more potent burst. Warr Arc divider for 8.5K for a single skill that has range. Thief vault for 8-10K damage. Ele overload hitting you for 2k each strike (can be performed twice in a row) and interrupts your skills. DH Orb of Wrath auto attack for 1.5K, stacked traps can do 15K+ damage instantly.

Seriously is it is ridiculous to say Mes is the highest burst damage. Mes can do well but you have to get hit with Mes + 3 clones, which is almost impossible if the target is moving. Even then it doesn’t rank in top 3 damage dealers. Go to the Mes forum and say the same thing if you are not worried by being laughed at.

It is likely that anyone who can pull off a complex string of attacks without error on Mes is either a pro, or pretty good + traited for quickness, or using a macro. I run a uber power Mes build. Pure damage. To use that means I run without any condi cleanse, no stability, use zerker amulet, no blink, and sometimes have a might build. Basically virtually no defence except dodge and shield. Not for the faint hearted. I can only “one shot” someone if they aren’t paying attention and have a super squishy build. But using that criteria any classs can one shot another if they get the jump on them.

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

I am happy if NCsoft takes over their management.

in PvP

Posted by: Luci.7018

Luci.7018

I hope one day , i will see Superspeed on Illusions only on the ’’Berseker’s’’ Mesmer
(so i can slow-kite the rest)

sincerely scissor

On break

(edited by Luci.7018)

in PvP

Posted by: Gamble.4580

Gamble.4580

I think mess is well balanced at moment. Yes in right hands it’s a carry class same as thf but that’s only 5% of mess and thf. I think the 5% dps ele players are worse with there bursts.

[UNTY] Unity guild -AG server
Asura -Thief

in PvP

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

Yes that that is why PvP will never be popular in GW2. Such huge burst builds just wreck the low-level game. As for counters the trend now is for one-shots to tag-team up and blow player after player away, irrespective of player skill etc. Players leave PvP faster than the one-shooters rank up, low-rank Qs get longer and long because of the low-pop of low-level players.

The solution is to regressively cap burst damage by rank. That way high burst / glass cannon would not be an option at low levels, and consequently more players would have the time to learn – rather that merely grab there profession one-shot build from a web page – and progress up ranks.

As is, broken, with no evidence of any learning whatsoever from the devs over the last four or so years. The only thing keeping PvP afloat are the quick dailies, sans these. PvP is wasted pixels.

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Yes that that is why PvP will never be popular in GW2. Such huge burst builds just wreck the low-level game. As for counters the trend now is for one-shots to tag-team up and blow player after player away, irrespective of player skill etc. Players leave PvP faster than the one-shooters rank up, low-rank Qs get longer and long because of the low-pop of low-level players.

The solution is to regressively cap burst damage by rank. That way high burst / glass cannon would not be an option at low levels, and consequently more players would have the time to learn – rather that merely grab there profession one-shot build from a web page – and progress up ranks.

As is, broken, with no evidence of any learning whatsoever from the devs over the last four or so years. The only thing keeping PvP afloat are the quick dailies, sans these. PvP is wasted pixels.

No

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

RedCobra.7693

No

also no,

new players should be learning on a completely different meta?? because thats what it will be then they will have to change meta to fight better players? that sounds even more oppressive for newer players.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

If every build in the game had the same amount of limitations and counter play as power shatter; PvP would be very balanced.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Stand The Wall.6987

yes also if everyone had the same 4 skills pvp would be balanced

in PvP

Posted by: Queelana.6430

Queelana.6430

Well, engis have auto immune at 20 %, warriors have auto immnu at 50 %, Gard passiv
(hunter’s determination) prevents the one-shot, rangers passiv put weakness when they’re hit and gain protection + signet of stone etc.
You can’t realy one shot people in this game exept if they run exotic builds.
Also I found this video, it shows this build can farm bad players indeed.
https://youtu.be/F3NPvFnyauU
My advise would be to allways keep an eye on your map, if there’s a power mesmer or a thief you can’t see, they’ll maybe come for you, stay focus and prepare to breakstun/dodge invuln I don’t know. Otherwise, juste kite, you can’t get touched by a f1 thief if you’re on an obstacle, you can’t either get burst down by a power mesmer if you’re behind something, the skill 2 of the greatsword needs to connect with you.

(edited by Queelana.6430)

in PvP

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

No

also no,

new players should be learning on a completely different meta?? because thats what it will be then they will have to change meta to fight better players? that sounds even more oppressive for newer players.

PvP was essentially designed as a eSports game with professional gameplay. 1-shot builds would have been weak in such an environment just as they are weak in high-level ranked on common servers.

BUT these builds inhibit the grown of PvP because they greatly discourage casuals and new players. Ofc they can load their profession one-shotter and join in only to discover the build weakest as they rank up. How is this any different from my suggestion – isn’t the low-level game being full of one-shotter no a different meta as well??

The other factor is that such huge burst damage stats argue against an anyone-can-play mentality because technical factors come into the game (which would be meaningless in eSport professional play ofc) – for example I could argue that ranking is merely a measure of the PC/connection quality of the player rather than skill. If player A hears that little bell sound 0.25 of a second later than Player B, can Player A ever advance past rank 1000 given the scale of one-shotter in the lowbie game?

Ofc I don’t have the stats but I am absolutely certain that such builds will argue against the growth of PvP, as the last four years clearly suggest.

Capping burst damage by rank is worth a thought or too, existing high level PvPers would be unaffected but it might just encourage more people to stay with PvP, unless ofc the intent is to make PvP elite only.

(edited by lilypop.7819)

in PvP

RedCobra.7693

No

also no,

PvP was essentially designed as a eSports game with professional gameplay. 1-shot builds would have been weak in such an environment just as they are weak in high-level ranked on common servers.

BUT these builds inhibit the grown of PvP because they greatly discourage casuals and new players. Ofc they can load their profession one-shotter and join in only to discover the build weakest as they rank up. How is this any different from my suggestion – isn’t the low-level game being full of one-shotter no a different meta as well??

The other factor is that such huge burst damage stats argue against an anyone-can-play mentality because technical factors come into the game (which would be meaningless in eSport professional play ofc) – for example I could argue that ranking is merely a measure of the PC/connection quality of the player rather than skill. If player A hears that little bell sound 0.25 of a second later than Player B, can Player A ever advance past rank 1000 given the scale of one-shotter in the lowbie game?

Ofc I don’t have the stats but I am absolutely certain that such builds will argue against the growth of PvP, as the last four years clearly suggest.

Capping burst damage by rank is worth a thought or too, existing high level PvPers would be unaffected but it might just encourage more people to stay with PvP, unless ofc the intent is to make PvP elite only.

I’m sorry but its a bad idea in my opinion. I feel that it would make the divide between higher skilled players and newer players even more disparate.

funnily enough, GW2 PvP was not designed to be an esports game, from the get go in marketing they simply stated that they intend to take it in that direction. But trust it from someone who has been directly involved in the esports scene for a while from what i saw the direction of development was done following release (or if youre being really strict you could see around 1-2 years after). not that any of that matters anymore considering esports for gw2 has been pretty much discontinued.

in PvP

Ithilwen.1529

Losing to a Mesmer is NOT cause for nerfs. If anything, Mesmer is seriously weak against people who know how to play.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: daw.4923

daw.4923

Losing to a Mesmer is NOT cause for nerfs. If anything, Mesmer is seriously weak against people who know how to play.

thats why N1 in pvp leaderboards is mesmer?

i allways smile,when i compare war shield vs mesmers. its just only proof you need,this game have no ballance what so ever.
more hp,2x longer invu time,3x more evades and blink. any skill usable 2x in row, even skills on 120 sec cd…. like common guys…. common.

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

thats why N1 in pvp leaderboards is mesmer?

i allways smile,when i compare war shield vs mesmers. its just only proof you need,this game have no ballance what so ever.
more hp,2x longer invu time,3x more evades and blink. any skill usable 2x in row, even skills on 120 sec cd…. like common guys…. common.

Now I’m all for calling people out on BS, so I’ll call you out on yours.

Do actually compare warrior shield to mesmer shield.

Warrior:
3s block on a 25s CD. Can trait to be 20s
2s stun on a 20s CD with a ¾s cast. Can trait to be 16s.

Mesmer:
1½s block on a 35s CD which summons a dodgeable phantasm. Can get a second 1½s block to use within 10s however cool down starts after 2nd block.
1s stun on a 40s CD (30s if you catch the wave again) with ¾s cast. Can give a 2s stun in total but also has no target limit. Also grants quickness and blocks projectiles.

Now if I’m being honest here it’s very hard to compare tides of time because it does so much but also has double the cool down of you don’t catch it again. The mesmer can also reduce the cool down on echo of memory down to a more manageable 28s base with iCelerity in illusions and alacrity can take 2-4s off it too.

As for the rest of the stuff that’s kind of where it’s hard to compare, warrior has more base armour so takes 10% less damage as well as having insane health regen without having to invest in healing power, something that was nerfed heavily on mesmer.

Endure pain reduction and the cast time increases for shield bash were very savage I’ll say that but now you have 2s physical damage immunity every 30s as a utility which is about on par with mesmers distortion as well as having much evades and plenty of blocks in the GS mace/shield build.

Ultimately it’s hard to make a comparison as both classes are fundamentally designed differently but I guess we can just look at the bolded claim and file what you put under M for misinformed.

(edited by apharma.3741)