Mesmers out of control

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Its the pu trait thats making them to strong. They can have insane dmg and 100% steath up time + then new mimic skill makes leaves little room for counter play.

Okay, but thieves could do that for how long now? Ah yes, since the beginning.

Its a combination of things. Thief is much easier to predict and the burst isn’t as high(yes there is some set up to mes shatter). Thiefs have to get with in melee range to do any really dmg and it leaves vulnerable which isn’t the case with mesmers. Mesmers can get there interupts off from range and they have easier access to stealth with decoy and torch, its easier to interupt a hs+bp combo.

Also all the clones can clutter up the screen causing it to take a sec or 2 longer to actually spot and target the actually mesmer and with the current pace of the game every second counts big time.

this^

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Mesmers aren’t out of control man. U can lock them down perfectly with chilled, weakness, crippled and or immobilize. thier damage is meant to be top tier, along with thiefs. As for all those stuns. Maby u’d need stun breaks or stability of the sorts, And not go all zerker ish meta. because at this moment in time, they’re is a portion of players that still focuses dps/condi rather then balance it. but at the same time do not expect to tank a burst of a mesmer who by itself sacrifices it’s own surviviability to deal high damage. it’s not that a mesmer can just tank and deal massive damage.

It’s just like an ranger. Also even if a mesmer has one of the leading posistions in 1v1. Remember that pvp is a team game. And those clones will likely not survive any skirmishes. Or it get’s focused down.

All those mantra’s need to often be prepared before battle. even if they heal per cast. in such fast paced battle. that very opening, the very skills that make a mesmer powerfull, intterupts need to be charged up. u can use that moment to strike.

Mesmer will go down as easily as they can down u.

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

Forsaker was always noob…..I watched his stream twice until I realized it

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

Enjoy while it lasts. If you really think Mesmers are balanced, you will cry soon when they will be balanced once again. Even Helseth and Phanta agreed they are over the top right now.

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The question is, whether or not it’s counterable. Many classes have invulnerabilities but the thing is.. you have to predict when a mesmer is going to burst. This has always been the case with Mesmers, they just became faster at delivering damage.

To be honest, it’s what the Mesmer needed as a class. It feels like they’re actually doing work in pvp now. What’s funny is, it feels some what balance in comparison to other specs because either they get the burst off… or they die. The burst dps could be tweaked between half a second to 1 second for players can react fast enough for a counter. Slow their burst too much and they’ll be back to below par.

Invulnerability skills is what’s needed to counter them. People who don’t have them will obviously not win against a Mesmer.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Mesmer requires their burst to be set up.

Engineers are quite literally just one shotting people with grenade barrage right now.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

There is NOTHING hard about disengaging with stealth, abusing instant cast combos, and spamming evades while you do so.

Mesmer has ALWAYS been a zero skill class. Get that into your head people.

Absolutely kittened that people write these things just because the patch has come. Mesmer is easy post patch, yes, but before patch every other meta build was a snoozefest in comparision to old mesmer. Engi was almost up there.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Quadox.7834

Mesmer, thief combo has always been broken and easy mode in gw2 pvp. Nerf please

I suppose you mean greatsword mesmer burst + thief burst. Funny that you say has “always been broken” when mesmers in the past played sword staff without GS.
People need to stop saying baseless things to ger their point across.

That being said, mesmer does need nerfs.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

They are sickenly op ATM.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Why was weakness added to power block?

I feel like salty jelly on necro when some have almost equal uptime on a debuff, and its part of the instaburst rotation/opener,
while i need 2s of cast/aftercast/landtime/no blind to land weakness – and that is mostly after the 15k opener while i would need it also instastart.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

All the mesmers in this thread are pathetic. Mesmer has been viable in every meta for ages. .

Lol what a joke.

Metabattle two weeks ago had not a single meta mesmer build. I wonder why.

Your thief is leaking out. Someone is mad we can compete now.

Did your heartseeker spam get interrupted?

Mesmers are always such a classy lot, it’s boggling why y’all can’t get a blind eye cast to your situation now-or not even feigned sympathy.

We’ve been living in a dumpster for three years now and we finally just now crawl out of it and you all want to throw us right back in.

You know what’s odd? Frosty (top mes EU) always said mes are strong (that was pre-patch) and kitten on most thieves. How come he didn’t “live” in the “dumpster” and you did?

Also, not being absolute top class in meta doesn’t justify to be broken.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

You know what’s odd? Frosty (top mes EU) always said mes are strong (that was pre-patch) and kitten on most thieves.

Then how comes, he got farmed from Red Levin on Thursday in the ESL Cup?

Let’s wait and see if he participates in todays Go4Cup and generally, how the mesmers are doing there.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You know what’s odd? Frosty (top mes EU) always said mes are strong (that was pre-patch) and kitten on most thieves.

Then how comes, he got farmed from Red Levin on Thursday in the ESL Cup?

Let’s wait and see if he participates in todays Go4Cup and generally, how the mesmers are doing there.

because Levin is really good dp thief and he got good team support

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

All the mesmers in this thread are pathetic. Mesmer has been viable in every meta for ages. .

Lol what a joke.

Metabattle two weeks ago had not a single meta mesmer build. I wonder why.

Your thief is leaking out. Someone is mad we can compete now.

Did your heartseeker spam get interrupted?

Mesmers are always such a classy lot, it’s boggling why y’all can’t get a blind eye cast to your situation now-or not even feigned sympathy.

We’ve been living in a dumpster for three years now and we finally just now crawl out of it and you all want to throw us right back in.

You know what’s odd? Frosty (top mes EU) always said mes are strong (that was pre-patch) and kitten on most thieves. How come he didn’t “live” in the “dumpster” and you did?

Also, not being absolute top class in meta doesn’t justify to be broken.

Only because he is better than some casual players in ranked PvP?

I know both TCG and 55 rank achieved success with a mesmer. But in many of their games, I see their mesmers(Helseth Misha) spending so much time in down state and need their thief teammate to babysit the entire game. They always bring amazing portal plays though to turn tide of the game. But the personal fight power is kinda pathetic.

I also wathced a lot of helseth’s stream. He couldn’t seem to beat any other class 1v1 as long as it’s played by some name. There was one video he lost every single encounter against ROM’s berserker warrior. He also lost many times to some good d/d eles. He is pretty good at escaping from thieves but there are still so many games he simply got farmed by some random thief

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Mes still is hard countered by thieves (even if the imbalance is now a bit smaller) and medi guard.

Heavy Condi and team fight focus will always kill a mesmer

You people need to adapt. Mesmer doesn’t hit like a wet noodle anymore for their effort, such a buff is justified. btw mes still requires more setup and/or is telegraphed more than anything a thief can do (and still more damage than mes while ignoring LoS… And stealth is still a better survival tool than clones), ranger pew pew, current engie nades, mediguard preloaded ignoring LoS… And still does mes have less defensive options than the above builds.

If you people can’t play around a 30 c/d blink or a 30 c/d stealth it’s time to l2p.

Sorry mes isn’t bottom tier anymore because your passive defenses don’t carry you and make mes spike irrelivant.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Solution – play power ranger (a proper one with zerk amulet, not the new marauder one) with the Quick draw trait (for Rapid fire) and pew pew the mesmer from a safe distance! I actually love mesmers in this meta. Provided that I don’t get careless and find myself too close to one, but hey… That would be my mistake

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

To all thieves whining here.

You guys sound pathetic.. your backstab lands for 11k on 1 hit.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: ima kong fu ninja.3052

ima kong fu ninja.3052

http://imgur.com/sVG3zzA

Little to say, we didn’t win that round. . . . .

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

I’ll tell you what, I don’t want any class nerfed, I just want necros to be equally viable. Necros were improved yes, but while the other classes, esp mesmer, engie, ele, warrior, skyrocketed forward, the Necro is advancing on a pogo stick

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

I’ll tell you what, I don’t want any class nerfed, I just want necros to be equally viable. Necros were improved yes, but while the other classes, esp mesmer, engie, ele, warrior, skyrocketed forward, the Necro is advancing on a pogo stick

lol this is good other classes were brought up to speed to the class im playing therefore I request that my class also get a buff once again putting it out ahead ( my class is only viable when it shadows the other classes).

Prior to this patch any team rocking a mesmer had to develop around the mesmer. we’ll see if anything has changed with upcoming tourneys.

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

BUT TEEF is literally every mesmer’s excuse. Screw that, I want perma block until I decide to attack on my guard and the ability to refresh JI three times until it goes on CD for 30s. I also want WW to have perma quickness and deal double the damage if chained with JI.

TEEF is not an excuse, and medi guards with their sustain and blocks? Really? Guardians complaining when you have a heal off cd at almost any given time. Most of those are also insta-cast let’s not forget that.

Blocks are to guardians is what DS is to necros. Blocks are to guardians is what adrenaline and generally high bursts of damage is to warriors. Blocks are to guardians is what element juggling is to elementalist. Its LITERALLY the focal point of guardian. Its what separates a support guardian from a support anything else. Its what separates a DPS guardian from a DPS anything else. Don’t cry about our blocks, please.

A 2k heal is that big of an issue? That’s literally ONE auto attack for a zerker. Thats literally four stacks of burn for a condi. If you roll up ALL the healing from your usual medi build, you’re sitting on 10k healing. 2k from that 10k is from a 72s elite, so honestly, its 8k in most situations. 8k is what our signet heal would do ALONE, freeing up other spots for other utilities. The healing is barely the reason why guardians use meditations. There’s a reason why shelter, even after all the tweaks, is still the best heal, so please, don’t try giving medi guards crap. We’re nowhere near mesmers at the moment and proof is literally available to you here on the forums and in game. You’ll find 10 mesmer complaints for every guardian complaint and you’ll continue to find it like this for a verrrrry long time.

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

lol this is good other classes were brought up to speed to the class im playing therefore I request that my class also get a buff once again putting it out ahead ( my class is only viable when it shadows the other classes).

Prior to this patch any team rocking a mesmer had to develop around the mesmer. we’ll see if anything has changed with upcoming tourneys.

Wait, and necros were top tier prior to this patch and other classes had to be brought up to the Necro?? And are top tier now?

What are you smoking and where were you playing pvp? In what meta have necros ever been top tier? Necros had a two week time window where we were tough with dhuumfire to where all our condi output was overly nerfed because if it, to the point that our condi output was lower than what is was at release even with the nerfed fhuumfire, which concequently is complete kitten on the Necro right now. The only kittening reason were are ok is that we can kick condis back to their originator, and it’s mostly only power builds in the meta doing this, as the Necro condi builds are a joke compared to an Engies sped 15 stack bleeding and insta 7 I burn stacks. Necros is in the meta if at all because the classes dishing out the damage can’t handle their own damaged kicked back to them.

Meta is a joke

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

The only problem i have with mesmers is that they have crazy access to both stealth and distortion. taking away a bit in one of these areas (preferably stealth imo) i think would bring them in line.

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I feel like salty jelly on necro when some have almost equal uptime on a debuff, and its part of the instaburst rotation/opener,
while i need 2s of cast/aftercast/landtime/no blind to land weakness – and that is mostly after the 15k opener while i would need it also instastart.

Because it allows mesmers to deal with thieves damage. Through interrupts. ANet has acknowledged that it’s silly for mesmer to never be able to punish a thief through interrupts. So what did they do? They gave mesmer one damage modifying condition specifically for thieves. But yea. Mesmer so over the top atm.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Wait, and necros were top tier prior to this patch and other classes had to be brought up to the Necro?? And are top tier now?

What are you smoking and where were you playing pvp? In what meta have necros ever been top tier? Necros had a two week time window where we were tough with dhuumfire to where all our condi output was overly nerfed because if it, to the point that our condi output was lower than what is was at release even with the nerfed fhuumfire, which concequently is complete kitten on the Necro right now. The only kittening reason were are ok is that we can kick condis back to their originator, and it’s mostly only power builds in the meta doing this, as the Necro condi builds are a joke compared to an Engies sped 15 stack bleeding and insta 7 I burn stacks. Necros is in the meta if at all because the classes dishing out the damage can’t handle their own damaged kicked back to them.

Meta is a joke

lol exactly my point XD. why does a necro have to be top tier to be viable when your arguing for common ground between all classes? Necro hasn’t been low tier in the longest time if even at all. Prior to this patch the only reason to have a mesmer on your team was for portal, what single skill did teams include necros for? better yet how many teams were willing to bring a necro,teef,engi over a mesmer?

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Can’t they give other classes a chance for once? Why do we have to have a mesmer/thief combo to be good at pvp. Sure you could kind of make it work with a dps guard/thief or something. But now its only mesmer/thief. Mesmer was already brokenly good pre patch as a well played mesmer/thief team would beat anything else with ease.

Mesmer and thieves had their fun for the last 3 years. Give them a few years of not being highly sought after in pvp. Really….

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: LouDrew.1340

LouDrew.1340

Mesmer and thieves had their fun for the last 3 years. Give them a few years of not being highly sought after in pvp. Really….

Well since you clearly have no idea, at all, what you’re talking about I might as well just laugh at you.

Mesmer has not been sought after in high level pvp ever. Ever. Not once. In the less than a dozen cases a mesmer has been on a top team (Helseth, etc) it’s because they are a god at the game, and the entire team had to build around them and babysit them. And they still got farmed by thieves at every corner.

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I haven’t played my mesmer competitively for months, I logged on, adjusted my old interupt build and proceeded to wreak havoc on everyone I came across. Surprised at the burst capabililty, feels and looks broken to me. I shouldn’t be able to literally one-shot anyone who isn’t bunker with such ease.

With the current state of the mesmer, I think complaints about mesmers at the moment is competely warranted. Hopefully aNet will listen (lol) and shave some of the damage down a little.

Game has turned into: 1Shot Wars 2

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Mes still is hard countered by thieves (even if the imbalance is now a bit smaller) and medi guard.

So is every glassy build.

Heavy Condi and team fight focus will always kill a mesmer

And any other build that isn’t bunker.

You people need to adapt. Mesmer doesn’t hit like a wet noodle anymore for their effort, such a buff is justified… And still does mes have less defensive options than the above builds.

Mesmer hasn’t hit like a wet noodle in… Ever, as far as I’m concerned. They have always had potential to do massive burst and post-patch are even worse. Buffs were justified but they got over buffed.
And LMAO about having less defensive options. Mesmer has the lowest cooldown heals in the game. Pretty well every one of them are on 20sec CD or less or can be reduced via traits. On top of the most reflects in a single profession in the game and multiple ways to access blocks or invulnerability.

One day I decided to see how hard Mesmer really was, since so many Mesmers are always claiming it’s such a difficult and complex profession. And as I had figured, it’s a load of horse kitten. Try playing a glass Necromancer and see how long you live in a team fight without all your blocks, stealth, invulnerability, reflects and kitten near spammable heals with how short their cooldowns are.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Thieves are definitely…less of a problem now because you have reliable tools to deal with them: (1) blind on shatter (2) protection on chaos armour (3) you can match thief stealth duration with PU (4) weakness + immobilize on interrupt.

Blind on shatter was really huge because its instant aoe and usable when stunned or locked in attacking/stomping animations, with zero clones out. I don’t even think you can evade it.

Shatter always was strong pre trait revamp but I guess the nadir of the shatter mesmer’s fortune in tournament play was when S/D was prevalent (which it hasn’t been for a while now). I can see that being a rough time to play shatter, knowing that any point in the game, an S/D thief tunnelling into you can completely lock you out of the game.

The roles have almost been reversed now. You can CI, CS, IP blind shatter, with prot and you have so many instants that shut down S/D and so many opportunities to rip vigor that its a bit silly really.

Even getting ganked by D/P, those instants are all useful for massively reducing or completely negating incoming burst, before you even need to reaction smash diversion/distortion.

(edited by Besetment.9187)

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Mesmer hasn’t hit like a wet noodle in… Ever, as far as I’m concerned. They have always had potential to do massive burst and post-patch are even worse.

Oh your right “potential”. Because pre patch for a mesmer to really hurt a target they had to hit with a phantasm or a shatter.

To match the damage or pressure of a thief on a glass build it requires minimum of 2 full shatters, meaning 6 cooldowns so across both weapon sets that STILL only nets you 4 guarantied illusions, including phantasms. Meaning you dip into doges or utilities to maximize a hit. <- And after all that presuming one part isn’t disrupted and instantly needed to be responded to, because of the return pressure. It’s still super telegraphed and not hard to realize your getting setup on. Even if you land such a hit often the major meta builds such as the bruisers still wont even be put in the ground from that. This isn’t even mentioning that the illusions die to cleave, and a whiff leaves you more vulnerable than ANY other build in game.

But that’s not all how about comparing damage even over all game types? Mes is only ever taken for it’s utility and has always lacked damage. (go solo lupi it’s a snore fest due to how long it takes.)

Yes necro has it rough, no disputing that. But 5k auto attacks while being relatively safe behind DS is a bit of a luxury.

And LMAO about having less defensive options. Mesmer has the lowest cooldown heals in the game. Pretty well every one of them are on 20sec CD or less or can be reduced via traits. On top of the most reflects in a single profession in the game and multiple ways to access blocks or invulnerability.

Healing skill?: Either feast is the most commonly run heal. Has the same c/d and is arguably less effective than healing signet. Healing turret for engies is not only better because it was synergistic with the prominent cele builds but was the same c/d all while being harder to interupt. Troll Urgent for ranger is 5 seconds more yet pre patch could out heal the damage between mesmer’s set up for an example of how strong it is.

Reflects: Mes only NOW has decent reflect traits, the only viable build pre patch wkittenter the only leeway for reflect was to get it on distortion.

Yes less defensive options than the builds I mentioned: Thief has 10+ evades on s/d or can perma stealth. with a heal that evades and clears soft cc.

Ranger has access to s/d which is an evade a dime a dozen plus signet.

Engie should be self explanatory…

and medi guard aside from the abundance of blocks and ignoring the DPS that ignores LoS >>, we’re talking about free heals if the momentum shifts.

Mes has blurred frenzy, and distortion. 3 sec stealth on a 30 sec c/d, and a blink on a 30 sec c/d. Mayyybe runs another stealth at the cost of a lame phant, or 90 sec team use elite.

The buffs that have been given to mes now allow them to apply pressure without just shatters and phants, better access to reflects, and a few disabling condis to give a slightly better fighting chance vs thieves if you outplay them properly.

Maybe PU perma stealth is a bit much, But for a 5v5 game based on territories and the damage/strip/vulnerability given up from domination, or the c/d reduction in illusions.

If it’s counters still exist and is only a big deal when left to free cast it’s not imba. The best part of this update is that counters across the whole game is slightly better now so everyone has a chance, Including the things countered by mesmer.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Signed. Mesmers and thieves are absurdly op right now. Nerf please. Balance please.

Leman

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Signed. Mesmers and thieves are absurdly op right now. Nerf please. Balance please.

Thief/mesmer has been brokenly good for 3 years. Doubt it will suddenly get a nerf lolz

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Quadox.7834

They said it was because they felt bad power block didn’t have an effect on thief.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Love getting my heal put on a 14 second cd from mesmers too. Pretty much they should interrupt my heal 100% of the time and do this. It is so easy. If you add this to a class you need to give every class an uninterruptable heal. Necro CC should be a 1/4s cast imo

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Quadox.7834

Thief/mesmer has been brokenly good for 3 years. Doubt it will suddenly get a nerf lolz

Mesmer didn’t even play Greatsword during all those 3 years – There was no mirror blade stealth burst in top play. I can do the same thing:

“Guardian has been in top teams for 3 years, first bunker now dps, it needs nerf.”

Yaniam [Mesmer]

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Mesmer didn’t even play Greatsword during all those 3 years – There was no mirror blade stealth burst in top play. I can do the same thing:

“Guardian has been in top teams for 3 years, first bunker now dps, it needs nerf.”

Mesmer/thief gank squad has been OP as kitten since release bro sorry. And who cares about greatsword? mesmer was amazing even before they lol buffed greatsword. Doesnt matter what they run. They were too good before the patch. Too high damage. And they just made everything baseline.

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Stochastic.1398

Stochastic.1398

Mesmer stealth needs nerfing….

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

How bout thieves? lol. this argument is….LOL… Are you forgetting that thieves have more stealth access than mesmers, and can burst just as strong?

The hate is real on this one.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

How bout thieves? lol. this argument is….LOL… Are you forgetting that thieves have more stealth access than mesmers, and can burst just as strong?

The hate is real on this one.

You must not have been playing since the patch. Mesmer, ele, and of course the broken nade spec have the biggest burst right now.

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

OOokkk, So, much complaining back and forth. Its making my head hurt. I have come to the realization that there is a lot of balancing and bugs that need to be fixed in the game. Anet is probably going to be working on it for awhile. And by for awhile, I mean a looonng time. There is a lot that needs to be done in all aspects of the game right now.

Therefore, as a mesmer, I am proud to give you some hints on how to defeat a mesmer, since many are obviously more concerned with complaining than learning.

Before the patch, and even with some builds now, I can tell you that mesmers are squishier than hell. By squishy, I mean a mesmer at half half is not the same as a warrior at half health. This is the nature of their class. They have light armor. Even if they try to choose a tankier method, it doesn’t really work out compared to other classes (they also may give up damage and illusion summation power, like deceptive evasion). Therefore, its usually best to go big or go home. Go for as much damage and full zerk across the board, just like thieves. What does this mean? It means, even today, that if a mesmer does not land a shatter, it goes on cool down. This is the time to attack, it is not the time to back down. I have explained above in a previous comment that Anet probably needs to boost up the defense of classes so shatters and thieves don’t do quite as much damage in proportion to your health. However, in the mean time, for the love of god, learn how to dodge a shatter. If a mes has 3 illusions up, they are probably going to shatter soon. If your health has reached below a certain threshold, they are probably going to shatter soon. If the mesmer has you surrounded by illusions, as in it looks like your in the middle of a triangle or circle, they are probably going to shatter soon. Don’t, or at least try not to, get yourself surrounded by illusions. When they shatter, the illusions, and mesmer, will move in. If there is a single illusion up, you can see this coming. It is not hard to evade. Don’t see it coming? For the love of god pay attention to the mesmer. If they went into stealth with low health, you know they are more than likely on the defensive. If they go into stealth with full health. Holy kitten, you know whats going on. Be prepared for it. A good mesmer will also try to run you out of cool downs and make you waist your dodges before they shatter. They know the best time to shatter is when you can’t dodge. What does this mean? Don’t waste your dodges! Save something for the shatter at all times, because you know its coming.

Even if they go into stealth after the shatter, tear down their illusions so they have nothing to shatter. For the love of God, I know for a fact that there are some players who will just wait for you to appear again. What good does this do? When you do this, not only is it slightly easier to keep track of the mesmer, but when they come out of stealth they may have one or both of their 2 and 4 great sword skills on cool down. As soon as they get out of stealth, attack hard core. They just put their stealth skill on a long cool down, take advantage of it. Even if mind wrack is off cool down after the stealth, they shouldn’t have any illusions to make them want to shatter. They will also more than likely be freaking out because they wasted their defensive stealth. This is your chance to kill them. Do not give them time to build up their illusions again. Keep them trying to run away from you. As others have said, immobilization is a huge benefit when working against mesmers. It forces them to use their skills, like blink or f4.

Other side notes include watching out for blurred frenzy on their sword. They like to do this when shattering. If they use this skill, for the love of God, do not just stand there and swing your sword at them. You can’t hurt them when they use this skill. Instead, move out of the way. A mesmer cannot move while using blurred frenzy at the same time. As soon as they are done with blurred frenzy, get on them again.

I know there are probably some advanced players who know all these tricks. However, for those who don’t, learn them. It also may require some practice, what a surprise. Don’t expect to be great at handling mesmers right away. More balancing is probably coming in the future. However, in the mean time, if you don’t know how to handle mesmers, learn now. I would say they have some slightly more complicated traits than most classes. This means it takes a looonng time to become a really good mesmer. I am not a new player and can tear any new mesmer coming in, thinking they will be good, to pieces. However, I can prob also be torn to pieces by many of the other mesmers out there. However, this also means it should take another player a looonng time to learn how to handle a mesmer. Much, much longer than the time frame between now and the recent patch.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

(edited by Xstein.2187)

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

The question is, whether or not it’s counterable. Many classes have invulnerabilities but the thing is.. you have to predict when a mesmer is going to burst. This has always been the case with Mesmers, they just became faster at delivering damage.

To be honest, it’s what the Mesmer needed as a class. It feels like they’re actually doing work in pvp now. What’s funny is, it feels some what balance in comparison to other specs because either they get the burst off… or they die. The burst dps could be tweaked between half a second to 1 second for players can react fast enough for a counter. Slow their burst too much and they’ll be back to below par.

Invulnerability skills is what’s needed to counter them. People who don’t have them will obviously not win against a Mesmer.

Are you joking. They either get the burst off or they pop their built in instant cast invulnerability and begin permastealthing. Is that what you meant?

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

(edited by Linnael.1069)

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Chukree.1756

Chukree.1756

This not even funny , mesmers 1shooting eveything , stealth , moa , crazy dmg , daze after daze , blinks . The new mesmer build is just broken. That need to be changed asap.

Now pvp matches look pretty obvious , team with more mesmers win.

Yeah. I’ve streamed 4 hours today. Whoever had the mesmer or most mesmers, won the game. Whenever there was no mesmer, we ofc won.

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

Mesmers aren’t out of control man. U can lock them down perfectly with chilled, weakness, crippled and or immobilize. thier damage is meant to be top tier, along with thiefs. As for all those stuns. Maby u’d need stun breaks or stability of the sorts, And not go all zerker ish meta. because at this moment in time, they’re is a portion of players that still focuses dps/condi rather then balance it. but at the same time do not expect to tank a burst of a mesmer who by itself sacrifices it’s own surviviability to deal high damage. it’s not that a mesmer can just tank and deal massive damage.

It’s just like an ranger. Also even if a mesmer has one of the leading posistions in 1v1. Remember that pvp is a team game. And those clones will likely not survive any skirmishes. Or it get’s focused down.

All those mantra’s need to often be prepared before battle. even if they heal per cast. in such fast paced battle. that very opening, the very skills that make a mesmer powerfull, intterupts need to be charged up. u can use that moment to strike.

Mesmer will go down as easily as they can down u.

yes lets just run around in a 5 man group to counter that one or 2 mesmers…..

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Wait, are there guards in this thread saying Mesmer needs to be nerfed? Guardian is more of a Mesmer counter than thief is after the revamp…

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Quadox.7834

Mesmer/thief gank squad has been OP as kitten since release bro sorry. And who cares about greatsword? mesmer was amazing even before they lol buffed greatsword. Doesnt matter what they run. They were too good before the patch. Too high damage. And they just made everything baseline.

“Mesmer/thief gank squad has been OP as kitten since release bro sorry”

That is not an argument. At all.

If you want people to agree with you, there is a very good trick for that: good arguments. While i educated you on history, you gave me the typical 12year old response “sorry bro”, simply suggesting you think your opinion is above everybody elses’. Go watch some team paradigm vs tcg or something. The thief+med combo burst doesn’t happen. It just doesn’t. Guardian has infact been able to substitute the mesmer role in 2015 thanks to better sustain and support via condi removal and whatnot.

" brokenly good" sounds like extreme hyperbole to me. Wouldn’t TCG havet won vs the Abjured in WTS china If mesmer + thief always has been so broken?

That being said (yes, i’m saying it again) mesmer is at this current moment, op. And i personally would rather have the old mesmer back.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Getting tranformed into a moa out of nowhere (mesmer stealthed) and then losing 85% of your HP in 2 seconds.

Seems very kittening unfair to me.

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Tsyras.5274

Tsyras.5274

The Moa Flee ability needs to go back to its original form (i.e. it lets you escape). It still takes someone out of the fight for over 10 seconds, which is still the most power CC in the game.

Right now Moa is essentially a 10 second CC where you are a sitting duck waiting to get killed within 5 seconds. I am pretty sure every time I have been Moa’d, I have died.

Mesmers out of control

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

Sitting duck as a moa?
Moa IS POWER
JK, but on a more serious note, I know mesmers sometimes get confident and lean in close range to attack their new moaed enemy, forgetting that moa still deals quite the amount of power

Usually if I want to escape, I wait one second, use 5, wait one second, dodge, wait another second, dodge and then use the jumping skill.

I’m far enough away that I can wait for the CD on moa to end.