Mesmers teleport exploit?

in PvP

Posted by: Shalashaska.4803

Shalashaska.4803

I’m surprised this has not been fixed since it seems to be an obvious exploit of game mechanics. In battle for Kyhlo mesmers can teleport while holding the repair kit.

This means they can repair the treb in a fraction of the time it takes for someone to destroy it even when it is unguarded. They don’t even have to guard the treb.

They see people coming they start heading for the repair kit.

Once its destroyed they repair it 5seconds later.

Please tell me arena net will Hotfix this within the next 24hrs? Are you guys serious about fixing bad PvP tournament mechanics or is that something that will be fixed in the back of the line while people continue to win using them?

in PvP

Posted by: Animosity.5231

Animosity.5231

Well known, and it’s what makes Mesmers mandatory in tournament play. Been like this since betas.

I believe there is also a way for them to tele through the door on Legacy of the Foefire.

in PvP

Shalashaska.4803

it sounds very opposite of what they are trying to accomplish. I can quote you several interviews and blog posts where they said having specific classes wont be mandatory and that their focus is on making the game fun.

So it either needs to be fixed or Arenanet lied

in PvP

Posted by: Ace of Spades.6325

Ace of Spades.6325

Learn to counter it, there are two viable strategies, that doesn’t even require a mesmer

Master of Disaster, team Super Squad
http://www.youtube.com/user/iamgrunt100?feature=mhee

in PvP

Posted by: Kalar Meadia.8439

Kalar Meadia.8439

Having the class isn’t mandatory.

It takes one individual to ambush the Trebuchet. The Ambush does not even have to be successful so long as the Trebuchet isn’t being fired. The ability to quickly repair the Trebuchet is irrelevant if you’re constantly stuck defending it/yourself on the point.

That said, I don’t care if they change it. Repairing the Trebuchet with portal is just a convenience, like being able to sprint. It doesn’t create a win or a loss on its own.

in PvP

Shalashaska.4803

Having the class isn’t mandatory.

It takes one individual to ambush the Trebuchet. The Ambush does not even have to be successful so long as the Trebuchet isn’t being fired. The ability to quickly repair the Trebuchet is irrelevant if you’re constantly stuck defending it/yourself on the point.

That said, I don’t care if they change it. Repairing the Trebuchet with portal is just a convenience, like being able to sprint. It doesn’t create a win or a loss on its own.

That is not an option being that the treb is closer to their spawn point then yours. Its an obvious advantage.

Your making it seem as if the treb was an equal distance to your spawn point as it is to thiers like the objective points. This is not so…

The game has the treb next to the spawn points, have a high amount of hp, and place the repair kit on the other side of the map for a reason.

Teleporting and repairing it faster than it can be destroyed is game breaking and you know it.

in PvP

Posted by: R E F L H E X.8413

R E F L H E X.8413

The mesmer has to have portal on his skillbar to do this. Both teams can bring a mesmer.

A bigger problem in spvp is one team doing 99% of the damage to a svanir and then any class can run up and steal the kill taking the rewards from the other teams efforts.

It would be like giving the ability to steal flags from flag runners in gw1. And then steal it when he’s about to cap it not even having a flag runner on your team. Not a very good example but I think you get the point. One team doesn’t even need a flag runner while the other team took the time to run it and just got the flag stolen right before he capped it, taking credit for his run and credit for the characters dedication to flag running.

I must’ve missed the sign that said it was a fire sale.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

in PvP

Shalashaska.4803

The mesmer has to have portal on his skillbar to do this. Both teams can bring a mesmer.

A bigger problem in spvp is one team doing 99% of the damage to a svanir and then any class can run up and steal the kill taking the rewards from the other teams efforts.

It would be like giving the ability to steal flags from flag runners in gw1. And then steal it when he’s about to cap it not even having a flag runner on your team. Not a very good example but I think you get the point. One team doesn’t even need a flag runner while the other team took the time to run it and just got the flag stolen right before he capped it, taking credit for his run and credit for the characters dedication to flag running.

So your saying its an obvious advantage and in order to be competitive you HAVE to have a mesmer on your team in Kyhlo? So the treb in Kyhlo was specifically made for a mesmer to sit on for a whole match on both teams teleporting for the repair kit huh?

I would really like to hear a devs take on this. Im about to say kitten this game and play something else.

in PvP

R E F L H E X.8413

It’s not much of an advantage really.

He repaired his treb a little sooner, how much did it help your team BUILD by not bringing a mesmer? Good strategy sure, small advantage by repairing quickly.

I don’t think it’s required to be competitive (or casual in this scenario). It just gets your treb repaired quicker and you get to fire a few more shots before the enemy can repair theirs if they go down at the same time.

(edited by R E F L H E X.8413)

in PvP

Posted by: Kalar Meadia.8439

Kalar Meadia.8439

It’s not game breaking at all.

You have to not be damaged in order to use the Trebuchet. How quickly he repairs it is irrelevant, because as soon as it’s repaired you assault it again.

The Treb is on downtime if someone is not opperating it, not if it’s destroyed. It’s bad gameplay to assume that just because there’s a red x over the Treb that you should ignore it as a point of interest.

Mesmer has some of the best point to point travel. But it does not mean other classes cannot make the traverse quickily either. The teleportation just means that they make the trip the fastest.

It’s not instantaneous. Other classes do not have to go to the downed Trebuchet first to lay down the portal. All they have to do is stack swiftness and make a b-line for the repair kit, and then use swiftness again to make the trip back. You get more warning, but the total trip time isn’t all that faster.

If you’re worried about repair times, you either ambush the repair kit, ambush the Mesmer at the turret when he comes back from the portal, or both.

It’s and advantage, yes, but it’s not game breaking. I’m fine if they patch it so that Mesmers can’t do it, but because someone has a particular advantage does not mean you’re excused from using your brain.

in PvP

Posted by: uMad.5719

uMad.5719

If you’re destroying the treb and mesmer portals early to get repair kit? Dont break it make him waste his portal.

He ran away from it and is running for kit (applies to everyone not just mesmers) leave the treb at 1 hp and kill it with retaliation.

Staff Eles also are great for destroying trebs due to them being able to be tanky while aoeing the treb.

in PvP

Shalashaska.4803

If you’re destroying the treb and mesmer portals early to get repair kit? Dont break it make him waste his portal.

He ran away from it and is running for kit (applies to everyone not just mesmers) leave the treb at 1 hp and kill it with retaliation.

Staff Eles also are great for destroying trebs due to them being able to be tanky while aoeing the treb.

Trebs dont destroy on retaliation. They patched that awhile ago. Also it doesnt excuse the fact that you have to waist time taking a treb to 1% and then do what stand next to it? he can still go back on it and attacking.

In the end its an unfair advantage with a handicap given by a siege weapon.

Is it really that hard to add a line of code that makes the repair kit drop if a mesmer teleports?

Is it going to hurt the game in anyway to make the repair kit drop if a mesmer teleports?

Would it make the game more or less fun? would it make the game more or less balanced?

I think we know the answer to these questions.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

How about remove the repair kit, or just make it spawn after a minute or two from the destruction of trebuchet?

in PvP

uMad.5719

Trebs dont destroy on retaliation. They patched that awhile ago. Also it doesnt excuse the fact that you have to waist time taking a treb to 1% and then do what stand next to it? he can still go back on it and attacking.

In the end its an unfair advantage with a handicap given by a siege weapon.

Is it really that hard to add a line of code that makes the repair kit drop if a mesmer teleports?

Is it going to hurt the game in anyway to make the repair kit drop if a mesmer teleports?

Would it make the game more or less fun? would it make the game more or less balanced?

I think we know the answer to these questions.

Are you sure? pretty sure I did it a few days ago. Also your that didnt make sense leave it at low hp then leave and the next time they fire on someone with retaliation it gets destroyed.

in PvP

Posted by: Bulblax.3809

Bulblax.3809

Yeah…

Not an exploit.

Other classes can use any utility skill at their disposal while holding the repair kit. The portal ability is rarely used any other time. It has one strategic use, guess we better nerf it into uselessness.

in PvP

uMad.5719

I havent had much trouble vs mesmers on treb honestly. Actually I hope people realize with the amount of things everyone wants nerf it actually becomes unlikely anything WILL be nerfed do the amount of cries for everything.

in PvP

Animosity.5231

No one’s fault but the player if they don’t use Portal in other maps. You can easily drop it at one point, go join in a teamfight, and when you see the enemy capping your point with a portal, just go and kill them immediately. Portal brings epic map control on any map, and in any comp.

Thieves should take a look at Shadow Trap. After you assault the treb the first time, just drop this baby right behind the treb where they normally stand. It has a 2800 unit range, so you can be sitting at any other point. Once the Mesmer comes back to repair it, you automatically pop in and kill them.

in PvP

Shalashaska.4803

Yeah…

Not an exploit.

Other classes can use any utility skill at their disposal while holding the repair kit. The portal ability is rarely used any other time. It has one strategic use, guess we better nerf it into uselessness.

I’am really interested if the devs feel this is intended or not.

in PvP

Posted by: Bulblax.3809

Bulblax.3809

Of course it’s intended. It was useable all throughout every beta. It was brought up then, too.

You can blink, use swiftness, etc while holding the repair kit. I’m not saying this is ok, but you can’t just make an exception for one ability. Either make it no-utility use period while holding the kit (your team can protect you, personally I like this), or keep it the way it is.

However, with the amount of crying there is I really wouldn’t be surprised if it indeed did end up getting changed.

in PvP

Posted by: pinkglow.3429

pinkglow.3429

I bet it will be changed. No problem, as a mesmer it would feel good not to be that person on trebucher all the time. But good teams work on good ways to counter it. Take that condition ranger that eats mesmers for breakfast and let him keep an eye on when the mesmer repaired trebucher again, or any other class or two. If the mesmer starts fighting you he will not use trebucher. If the mesmer start running and you dont kill the trebucher he will have wasted time and portal cd… if you kill it when he comes back he might have cd on portal and then cant fast-repair. People are creative in using smart ways to counter stuff. It’s only when you leave the trebucher alone you might get a disadvantage, but then it doesnt matter if it’s a mesmer or any other profession using it. Nerf or not, your team must always have a strategy to deal with trebucher use.

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I think it is intended. Did you play WvW or read threads about mesmer in WvW? They even can bypass the walls of keeps with their portals and some people keep telling us that the devs even came up with that idea in one of their videos. And no fix. So probably intended?

Then if this is intended something minor like porting while holding repair kit is probably intended too. Especially if you consider that it is not about tons of people like in WvW. Only about a repair kit and it makes more sense to be allowed to carry stuff through portals than bypass the whole WvW mechanics with walls.

in PvP

R E F L H E X.8413

in order for a mesmer to be effective going through walls in wvw, it is an error on the opposing team for letting him stay in there (bad playing by not killing him).

in PvP

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

If the Mesmer runs away to get a repair kit, the Treb isn’t firing. Mission accomplished.

And you could, you know, not kill it if he preemptively runs for the kit. Or wait for it to be repaired, and force him to do it again. One person on either team cancelling eachother out, meanwhile your enemy has an inactive Treb. We call that strategy.

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

in order for a mesmer to be effective going through walls in wvw, it is an error on the opposing team for letting him stay in there (bad playing by not killing him).

If you let him get the repair kit it is bad playing by not killing him too.

Edit: Or do what Celeras says.

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

An useless thread OP, here you will simply attract mesmers fanboy who couldn’t care less about balance, just file a game exploit report and let’s wait for the official word from the devs

in PvP

Animosity.5231

Kill Mesmer, have Thief drop Shadow Trap at treb, when Mesmer come back and repairs, Thief pops in, wait for the repair, kills Mesmer, kills treb, CD wasted, problem solved.

Do think it is a bit obnoxious, though. I anticipate it being changed. I don’t think the devs like the idea of groups pidgeonholing their Mesmers into treb duty anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Legit tactic.

Stop destroying the treb when it can be repaired in less than 20 seconds.

Learn to dodge the shots.

Suddenly, the enemy team is down a player.

in PvP

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

Mesmer has an unfair advantage. He is by far the best class to use the treb. That means, you have to have a Mesmer in your team or you will have a disadvantage, if only the enemy does.
Of course its counterable, but countering a Mesmer using the treb requires more time and efford than countering any other class.

Versus every other class you can go to the enemy point, neutralize it and run back to the treb and kill it again, if the enemy got the repair kit…versus a Mesmer you can’t. Just to give an example of the difference between Mesmer and non-Mesmer.

Because no one should have to take a specific class for sPvP portal-repair should be nerfed.

in PvP

Posted by: Lawn Pirate.4697

Lawn Pirate.4697

I raged at portal initially but now find it really easy to deal with. I would definitely like to see the repair kit given a bit of a longer timer on respawn though.

Pirate [Cn] – Ranger
http://ncn.enjin.com/

in PvP

Shalashaska.4803

There are 3 types of people with this issue

—Those who see the obvious imbalance and advantage to one class.
—Those that know its an advantage to one class though haven’t reached 2nd place in tournaments enough to know how bad it is.
—Those who don’t care how unbalanced it is because they are either use Mesmer or have a mesmer premade when they do tournaments anyway.

To be honest im actually getting sick of this game now anyway. It seems either the developers dont care or they are waiting for more people to complain about it before they react.

They are very reactive instead of proactive when dealing with situations.
“If there is an exploit or unfair tactic not many people know about…then leave it under the rug and don’t fix it right?”

Im sure as more people play at higher levels and notice how bad it is they will eventually get to it but im just too tired to care anymore. Im either going to roll a mesmer for tourneys or quit anyway.

in PvP

Rika.7249

—Those who see the obvious imbalance and advantage to one class
—Those that know its an advantage haven’t reached 2nd place in tournaments enough to know how bad it is
—Those who don’t care how bad it is because they are either Mesmer or have a mesmer premade when they do tournaments.

To be honest im actually getting sick of this game now anyway. It seems either the developers dont care or they are waiting for more people to complain about it before they react.

“If there is an exploit or unfair tactic not many people know about…then leave it under the rug and don’t fix it right?”

Im sure as more people play at higher levels and notice how bad it is they will eventually get to it but im just too tired to care anymore. Im either going to roll a mesmer for tourneys or quit anyway.

You’re forgetting the 4th type of person.

The ones who ignore the trebuchet and win the game because the enemy team got a mesmer for the sole purpose of repairing the treb.

in PvP

Shalashaska.4803

—Those who see the obvious imbalance and advantage to one class
—Those that know its an advantage haven’t reached 2nd place in tournaments enough to know how bad it is
—Those who don’t care how bad it is because they are either Mesmer or have a mesmer premade when they do tournaments.

You’re forgetting the 4th type of person.

The ones who ignore the trebuchet and win the game because the enemy team got a mesmer for the sole purpose of repairing the treb.

Ok so you have 3 people on each point a floater and a treb hitting any point every 10seconds for a two hit kill. You cannot ignore this.

in PvP

Rika.7249

Actually, I can.

I have 4 people running around with me in the field.

They have 4 people total running around in the field, and a single person on a trebuchet that takes 10 seconds to fire and hit, is alarmed with a soldier yelling “INCOMING. THEY’RE FIRING AT OUR POSITION. TREBUCHEEEEET!”, and the damage isn’t really anything that the person in the Treb couldn’t do on his own.

The difference is, Trebuchet attacks are predictable, can very easily miss at far distances, are voiced and are easy to spot. And it can be dodged, hell, you can move out of the way by walking if you so desire.

The team also suddenly lacks 20% of their entire team, when they find out the trebuchet can’t capture points. The guy sitting at the trebuchet could, however, capture the points, and he could do it way more effectively than a silly trebuchet.

in PvP

Shalashaska.4803

Actually, I can.

They have 4 people total running around in the field, and a single person on a trebuchet that takes 10 seconds to fire and hit, is alarmed with a soldier yelling “INCOMING. THEY’RE FIRING AT OUR POSITION. TREBUCHEEEEET!”, and the damage isn’t really anything that the person in the Treb couldn’t do on his own.

The difference is, Trebuchet attacks are predictable, can very easily miss at far distances, are voiced and are easy to spot. And it can be dodged, hell, you can move out of the way by walking if you so desire.

The team also suddenly lacks 20% of their entire team, when they find out the trebuchet can’t capture points. The guy sitting at the trebuchet could, however, capture the points, and he could do it way more effectively than a silly trebuchet.

Im very interested to see how many tournaments you have won. Not trying to say your not a good player. Just your tactics dont make any sense at all

If your jumping around dodging a treb then your not staying on the point or dodging the attacks from the guy hitting you. which means your point is going to go neutral or capped. Which also means your going to take a hell of a lot longer to cap a point.

We arent talking noob 8v8 browser matches where kills actually can win a game. We are talking about 5v5 where the objective wins the game not the kills.

If I sit on a point and do nothing but kit you around it and use my downed skills it will take you almost 15-20 seconds to kill me. This is WITHOUT you trying to dodge a treb. It will also take me less than 20 seconds on average to get back to that point after death. So even if you kill me ill still be on top on points because I kept the point held long enough and can come right back and take it again.

in PvP

Rika.7249

Actually, I can.

Im very interested to see how many tournaments you have won. Not trying to say your not a good player. Just your tactics dont make any sense at all

If your jumping around dodging a treb then your not staying on the point or dodging the attacks from the guy hitting you. which means your point is going to go neutral or capped. Which also means your going to take a hell of a lot longer to cap a point.

We arent talking noob 8v8 browser matches where kills actually can win a game. We are talking about 5v5 where the objective wins the game not the kills.

If I sit on a point and do nothing but kit you around it and use my downed skills it will take you almost 15-20 seconds to kill me. This is WITHOUT you trying to dodge a treb. It will also take me less than 20 seconds on average to get back to that point after death. So even if you kill me ill still be on top on points because I kept the point held long enough and can come right back and take it again.

I was never talking noob 8v8, because that’s the only time the Trebuchet is worth using: When you can actually spare a man.

You can’t spare a man in 5v5.

Having 2 defenders on 2 nodes each, and a roamer to assist wherever is better than having 2 defenders on 2 nodes each, and a predictable burst every 10 seconds, that might miss, might be dodged, or might be blocked (though I don’t know if stability + block actually removes the damage completely. Let me know if you know?)

I would suggest the damage of it was buffed, health as well, and the repair kit has a 30-second spawn timer, that begins upon trebuchet destruction.

It’s hardly worth using at the moment.

(edited by Rika.7249)

in PvP

Shalashaska.4803

ok so your telling me 2v2 trying to grab a point….lets say clock tower. Your saying that if one team has a treb hitting the clock tower the other team even stands a chance?

Are you being serious or are you just trying to be funny? Even if it was 2v3 the 2-man will easily mess up the 3 if there is a treb hitting them. God forbid its a guardian assaulting the point with a treb helping him.

…and no there is no class that can AOE 8-10k dmg every 7-10 seconds.

(edited by Shalashaska.4803)

in PvP

Rika.7249

ok so your telling me 2v2 trying to grab a point….lets say clock tower. Your saying that if one team has a treb hitting the clock tower the other team even stands a chance?

Are you being serious or are you just trying to be funny? Even if it was 2v3 the 2-man will easily mess up the 3 if there is a treb hitting them. God forbid its a guardian assaulting the point with a treb helping him.

Thank god you don’t have to stand there, eating every trebuchet shot.
Even more so, when you’re 3 men assaulting 2.

I’ve won just as many tournies without having a trebuchet user, as I have WITH a trebuchet user. It’s not the end of the world.

I’d rather have a 2v3, with a Trebuchet assisting the 2, instead of a 3v3.

in PvP

Rika.7249

Good thing the Area of Effect is fairly small then.

And are you seriously telling me you can’t find a class that can do 8k damage AoE in 10 seconds?

Cuz I specifically remember thieves, elementalists, rangers, maybe even warriors being more than capable of doing 8k in less than 10 seconds.

in PvP

Shalashaska.4803

And are you seriously telling me you can’t find a class that can do 8k damage AoE in 10 seconds?

Its the largest AOE in the game what are you even talking about. There is no class that does 8-10k AOE damage every 10 seconds consistantly or even more than 3 times.

I would like to see a screenshot of how many tournaments you have won

(edited by Shalashaska.4803)

in PvP

Rika.7249

Its the largest AOE int he game? what are you even talking about. And no there is no class that does 8-10k AOE damage every 10 seconds consistantly or even more than 3 times.

It’s the largest AoE with the longest cast time.
The guy sitting in the trebuchet could eat you faster.

Back at you with the screenshot thing.

If it was the cannon of Capricorn, I might’ve agreed with you.
But I can’t agree that it’s better to have the slowest flying projectile in the game, dealing mediocre damage, being imprecise at longer rangers, than having the guy controlling it down on the field with you.

(edited by Rika.7249)

in PvP

Posted by: keroksi.3076

keroksi.3076

I was never talking noob 8v8, because that’s the only time the Trebuchet is worth using: When you can actually spare a man.

Having 2 defenders on 2 nodes each, and a roamer to assist wherever is better than having 2 defenders on 2 nodes each, and a predictable burst every 10 seconds, that might miss, might be dodged, or might be blocked (though I don’t know if stability + block actually removes the damage completely. Let me know if you know?)

I would suggest the damage of it was buffed, health as well, and the repair kit has a 30-second spawn timer, that begins upon trebuchet destruction.

Seriously?!
I mean, SERIOUSLY? trebu is useless?
Have a look at some streams and see how the GOOD players play the map and never comment on this subject again.

in PvP

Rika.7249

Seriously?!
I mean, SERIOUSLY? trebu is useless?
Have a look at some streams how the GOOD players play the map and never comment on this subject again.

Yeah, seriously.

I’m going to leave this subject now, I can tell there’s some sort of miscommunication.

I could’ve sworn having a Mesmer down on the field to lay down Time Warp fields, fighting alongside his teammates and generally being tough to down, was a better idea than having him sit in a trebuchet.

I see we disagree.

in PvP

keroksi.3076

Friendly tip for your future journeys: You can actually have more than 1 mesmer on your team. Put 1 in trebu and have 4 spam the timewarp you seem to love so much.

in PvP

Rika.7249

Friendly tip for your future journeys: You actually can have more than 1 mesmer on your team. Put 1 in trebu and have 4 spam the timewarp you seem to love so much.

I could have 2 timewarp fields.

I could have a timewarp field and a moa.

I could have 6 clones swarming around the 2 mesmers, absorbing damage.

I could also have one sit in his siege weapon.

I’ll let you decide which is better.

in PvP

Shalashaska.4803

Im sitting at 104 tournaments won. Mostly solo pug some premade when somebody invites me. Though I have yet been foolish enough to say a mesmer = treb let alone > treb when it comes to damage or aiding in attacking/defending a point.

Maybe you haven’t reached Kyloh enough times to fight a team that constantly hits you with a treb.

Either way I probably have played everyone on this forum in a tournament at one point or another and I can tell you, from experience, that its a very great imbalance that few people realize because very few make it to 1st or 2nd place in tournaments.

in PvP

Rika.7249

Im sitting at 104 tournaments won. Mostly solo pug some premade when somebody invites me. Though I have yet been foolish enough to say a mesmer = treb let alone > treb when it comes to damage or aiding in attacking/defending a point.

Maybe you haven’t reached Kyloh enough times to fight a team that constantly hits you with a treb.

Either way I probably have played everyone on this forum in a tournament at one point or another and I can tell you, from experience, that its a very great imbalance that few people realize because very few make it to 1st or 2nd place in tournaments.

I see we disagree.

I would take him to the field any day.

I do like having a full time CC on one of the defenders, while the other mesmer on our team, according to Keroski, makes sure we have quickness up constantly.

(edited by Rika.7249)

in PvP

keroksi.3076

Ok, ill choose the aoe damage that hits 10k each target and can be shot almost anywhere on the map. I cant believe im even having this conversation
If you want to kitten your team with those strategies, please do, but dont try tricking others to do the same.

and if you still have some doubts, PLEASE dig up some highend player streaming his tournaments and see how it is done. ty.

in PvP

Rika.7249

Ok, ill choose the aoe damage that hits 10k each target and can be shot almost anywhere on the map. I cant believe im even having this conversation
If you want to kitten your team with those strategies, please do, but dont try tricking others to do the same.

and if you still have some doubts, PLEASE dig up some highend player streaming his tournaments and see how it is done. ty.

Do so. I like how you can say that with a straight face as if you’re any good.

“I prefer having 8k aoe every 10 seconds on a small piece on the map, that might miss, can be dodged, and won’t control anything, over having quickness for 7+ seconds, and having a moa, plus 10k damage in 8 seconds”

Glad we agree.

I really don’t see how you can prefer it, but each to their own. I have stated why it’s a bad tactic, and you haven’t stated why having the above isn’t a good idea.

Go back to your teams who also claim heartseeker thieves are overpowered, and that you should always neglect all points in Legacy, to get the Lord killed.

Edit: Also, there’s no highend players in a game that doesn’t have a ranking system or any sort of ladder. As such, these “highend” players you’re watching streams from cannot claim that title until they’re actually high end. I’m looking forward to see them achieve it though.

I’ll admit being wrong when I see a good reason to leave Great damage, reviving potential, confusion, illusions, moas and timewarps behind, to fire a 8k shot every 10 seconds.

I’ll come back, and say “I’m sorry I was wrong, Keroksi. I bow to your superior knowledge. You were obviously right. It IS worth sacrificing a 5th member of the group to get a Trebuchet. I apologize!”

(edited by Rika.7249)

in PvP

keroksi.3076

“as if you’re any good” ……… i did not tell you to watch MY stream. PLEASE

and throw me one of those mesmers too who can move on the map as fast as the cannon ball with treb. I havent managed to do that even with the portal spell.

edit: Also doing 8-10k dmg on 1 hit is totally different story than doing 10k damage _during _10seconds". Even an amateur pvper should know this.
Oh and treb does not have any RNG factor! No matter how hard the wind blows, the treb will always hit the spot you made it shoot. If you miss with it, l2p.

(edited by keroksi.3076)

in PvP

Rika.7249

“as if you’re any good” ……… i did not tell you to watch MY stream. PLEASE

and throw me one of those mesmers too who can move on the map as fast as the cannon ball with treb. I havent managed to do that even with the portal spell.

Oh and treb does not have any RNG factor! No matter how hard the wind blows, the treb will always hit the spot you made it shoot. If you miss with it, l2p.

No, but you’re claiming you have some sort of knowledge that you do not possess.

Currently, all you’re saying is that the trebuchet is a 100% hit.
And it’s not. It can be outrunned. At the far-end point of the map, it becomes imprecise. That’s how its mechanic works.

I’ll also gladly toss you one of those mesmer’s WHO STANDS ON THE SAME POINT.

We have roamers for that role you suggested the mesmer should do above.

Also, I lol’d so hard when you said you can’t outrun a treb boulder with the portal. With the portal. Like, seriously.
You can’t outrun a treb-boulder with an instant-teleport-to-anywhere-on-the-map?

You need to upgrade your PC, if it can’t handle the stress of suddenly switching position.

But let’s just leave it at that, you’re incredibly hostile, yet you have nothing to base this hostility on, and you haven’t provided any sane argument as to why you wouldn’t pick timewarp, moa, illusions, and a defender who can keep the point neutralized over a trebuchet that can’t revive anyone, can miss and be dodged, and takes 10 seconds to fire.

Also, I didn’t mention “your” stream at any point, but now that you mention that you have one, I would LOVE to watch it!

(edited by Rika.7249)