Meta ele d/d nerf confirmed

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

The d/d meta build has nerfs inc, grouch has confirmed ele nerfs (and some buffs) are coming. While I find this to be a good thing, I really enjoy playing glassier builds for d/d so I’d really appriciate if when the meta build gets its fair share of balance changes, glassier builds would not suffer as a consequence. Is this possible?

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

source?

nvm found it… as he said it won’t be just nerfs…. the right way would be to tone down defensive capability of fire trait line and maybe buff tempest in some way….

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Nerfs and buffs for everyone. Not just ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Correct.

OP needs to re-read and quote grouch.

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)

in PvP

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Edit: Also, just because this is an elementalist thread doesn’t mean we’re only looking at elementalist, and it also doesn’t mean we’re only looking at doing nerfs.

I think they’ll nerf necro and buff ele.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Edit: Also, just because this is an elementalist thread doesn’t mean we’re only looking at elementalist, and it also doesn’t mean we’re only looking at doing nerfs.

I think they’ll nerf necro thief and buff ele.

Fixed for accuracy since thief actually carried those 4 eles to ESL victory

in PvP

Bubi.5237

I think they’ll nerf necro thief and buff ele.

Fixed for accuracy since thief actually carried those 4 eles to ESL victory

Nah, they always nerf necro. Maybe then they will nerf necro and thief while buff ele.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

They probably gonna give cele dd like 3 less might stacks on might rotation while buffing something else up making it even more broken

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I sincerely hope the nerfs are well thought out as to not also harm Staff and Scepter-based ele builds….

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

You know I’d hate to see the over nerfing of eles. I think if they did the following, dd eles would still be competitive but not too op:

- reduce RoF burn stacks from 3 to 1
or
- increase RoF CD from 10s traited to 30s traited
plus
- increase blinding ashes CD from 5s to 15s

The fire line is the root of all evil. Adjustments should be focused on the fire line.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

remove RoF. make em bleed like a turret engi’s thumper turret.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

just remove fire fields and it should be fine

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

You know I’d hate to see the over nerfing of eles. I think if they did the following, dd eles would still be competitive but not too op:

or
plus

The fire line is the root of all evil. Adjustments should be focused on the fire line.

RoF CD is way more important to S/D-Eles than D/D…..

just nerf the mainhand-dagger in terms of physical DPS and burning-duration – it’s really that simple.

in PvP

Posted by: Lusteregris.2697

Lusteregris.2697

It will prob work the same way as ‘nerf’ to ice bow a while ago, so…add burn to auto, add heal to water 3, reduce cd on cleansing fire to 20 sec, reduce RtL to 20 sec, fire 5 is now a blast. I dont think damage needs adjustment, but just to be sure increase damage values by 15%.
To compensate nerf necro and remove stealth from mesmers.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

eh, im fine with them mightstacking in another person’s field or taking focus for a fire field. but d/d with that many finishers and RoF is just too much solo might generation.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Hopefully they fix the clunkiness of S/F ele but maybe that’s asking too much.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

eh, im fine with them mightstacking in another person’s field or taking focus for a fire field. but d/d with that many finishers and RoF is just too much solo might generation.

finishers will be fine once they removed fields…they will still be able to stack might but not while 1v1ing

removing finishers instead would hurt eles even more, fire fields to blast are pretty common in teamfight and they should have a way to use them i guess (Even if i would like to see ez mode dd eles finally out of pvp forever it won’t be fair in the grand scheme of things)

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

in PvP

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Blinding Ashes should give a short duration Moa Morph on burning. It’s a GM trait, after all.

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Hahahaha Elementalist NERFED???

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah that make me lugh XD

I was here just to remember the last “nerf” to Ele: when ANet changed all the trait system.
That give them a Fire traitline that give them passively 150 power+10%damage basicly plus another 10% and a insane amount of might and/or burn and a fireaura+damage when they Dodge.
What a nerf!!

Icebow? “fixed-nerfed” by making all the skills 1-2-3-5 deal more damage, making players “not only using the (OP) skill 4 but also able to use all the other skills instead of that (kitten OP) skill”.
That’s a nerf, guys!

But There Was a Nerf. A Really One, that was able to tone down in the right way the elementalist:
Force them to chose between Elemental Attunement and Evasive Arcana, making them unable to stay Overbuffed all the time.
Finally a nerf that made elementalists killable!

BUT that fix last for more or less… 1 day? Probably lesser.
Because the cry of the eles hurts the ears of Developers (but we love you, Devs!), making them chose to still make elementalists able to use them both, but not only making them chose between ElAt and EvAr in different Tiers (why everyone know that that 2 traits work very good for the ele, making it Powerfull still with only one of them), they do that “nerf” making Elemental Attunement a Minor Tier Trait!!!!!

That’s a Nerf, guys, that’s a real **** Nerf!!!

If they want to nerf the Eles another time I think that is’t time for me to make one!

in PvP

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

The sad truth is yes, nerfs are needed, but instead of starting small such as maybe RoF burning to 1-2 stack per pulse, bump blinding ashes to 10s or something, they will likely jump to the extreme and effectively kill the spec altogether. The only semi-viable build will then be staff. Remember the days where ele wasn’t even on the map for the meta? I fear that time is coming again, especially since warhorn seems very underwhelming for HoT.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

cool they gonna “nerf” el;e which in Anet language means “buff”. Guess its time to make an Ele. Lol

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

or
plus

just nerf the mainhand-dagger in terms of physical DPS and burning-duration – it’s really that simple.

Nobody plays S/D ele because it’s too glassy, and right now the last thing we need is more ele sustain buff, so it’s not relevant atm. If it can hurt a build that is played by basically 50%+ of the players who que for ranked and as a side effect also hurts a build used by the 0.001% I’d say it should totally get a nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I just don’t understand why this took two months to realize and communicate, not to mention probably another month at least to implement.

they need to do smaller tweaks to balance more often…not these large patches that break everything.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Correct.

To much to ask, i hope i am very very wrong, but the game was always play what anet makes strong they will shift just the power to another gear+class.

And we wil lhave the same problem, it wil be changed when every one notices what is the strongest solution.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

prays for nerfs that actually make sense that won’t diminish d/d ele builds & force them into only using staff

Hopefully ranger gets a buff to spirits, so spirits can move again.
Burning condition needs a nerf tbh, especially guardian.

(edited by Chasind.3128)

in PvP

Bubi.5237

prays for nerfs that actually make sense that won’t diminish d/d ele builds & force them into only using staff

prays for balance changes which makes possible for every class to play multiple builds on Tournament level

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Hahahaha Elementalist NERFED???

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah that make me lugh XD

I was here just to remember the last “nerf” to Ele: when ANet changed all the trait system.
That give them a Fire traitline that give them passively 150 power+10%damage basicly plus another 10% and a insane amount of might and/or burn and a fireaura+damage when they Dodge.
What a nerf!!

Icebow? “fixed-nerfed” by making all the skills 1-2-3-5 deal more damage, making players “not only using the (OP) skill 4 but also able to use all the other skills instead of that (kitten OP) skill”.
That’s a nerf, guys!

But There Was a Nerf. A Really One, that was able to tone down in the right way the elementalist:
Force them to chose between Elemental Attunement and Evasive Arcana, making them unable to stay Overbuffed all the time.
Finally a nerf that made elementalists killable!

BUT that fix last for more or less… 1 day? Probably lesser.
Because the cry of the eles hurts the ears of Developers (but we love you, Devs!), making them chose to still make elementalists able to use them both, but not only making them chose between ElAt and EvAr in different Tiers (why everyone know that that 2 traits work very good for the ele, making it Powerfull still with only one of them), they do that “nerf” making Elemental Attunement a Minor Tier Trait!!!!!

That’s a Nerf, guys, that’s a real **** Nerf!!!

If they want to nerf the Eles another time I think that is’t time for me to make one!

sad but true

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

One thing they ignore or dont wont to fix is trait lines which should be soreted by their attribute and finaly make each proffesion have offensive -deff trait lines and ot bundle up everything in one bigg mess in which they least off all know where is a mistake.

They done it to ele and dont know how to get out,hope this time they fix at least something .
Im sure no mater what they do ppl will still cry, opnes here opnes there, nerf and buff more,but refused to see everything is boxed in very few solutions……..

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

I just don’t understand why this took two months to realize and communicate, not to mention probably another month at least to implement.

they need to do smaller tweaks to balance more often…not these large patches that break everything.

2 months? …celestial eles had been broken since 1 year ago roflmao and they even buffed them after nerfing the other 2 top tier celestial specs (Shout and celestial engi)

We have 3 top tier celestial specs…let’s nerf 2 of them and buff the last one making it totally broken and able to faceroll everything else

anet flawless balance logic

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

cele ele got buffed with the jun 23rd patch, that’s what I’m talking about. if cele ele stayed the same, without the burn stack damage increase, it would have been just fine in this meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

cele ele got buffed with the jun 23rd patch, that’s what I’m talking about. if cele ele stayed the same, without the burn stack damage increase, it would have been just fine in this meta.

Actually the boon duration was already an epic nerf to the ele with the trait update, since the class has no armor basically and relies on boons. I preferred the old meta all around, even my unique d/d build that stacked burning (no longer possible because it used 2 master traits and 4 lines) was better than the current meta.

in PvP

Grimreaper.5370

Correct.

I understand that these incoming balance changes are not solely focused on the Elementalist but I have decided to focus the topic on this class in particular based on my requests.

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

source?

nvm found it… as he said it won’t be just nerfs…. the right way would be to tone down defensive capability of fire trait line and maybe buff tempest in some way….

Tempest is significantly more powerful than D/D ele.

I swear to God I was the ONLY good Tempest player -_-

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

or
plus

Melee builds benefit from RoF much more than ranged. 1v1 it’s easier to avoid RoF but in large scale team fights, your team is screwed if you don’t have cleansing. 2 dd eles could effortlessly apply upto 12 burning stacks every 10s.

The cooldown and number of might stacks is kittenedly overpowered.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

or
plus

Nobody plays S/D ele because it’s too glassy, and right now the last thing we need is more ele sustain buff, so it’s not relevant atm. If it can hurt a build that is played by basically 50%+ of the players who que for ranked and as a side effect also hurts a build used by the 0.001% I’d say it should totally get a nerf.

Missed his comment but yeah, what he said ^

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Spot on.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

agreed +1. 15 chars

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: ScionKai.4907

ScionKai.4907

grouch has confirmed ele nerfs (and some buffs)

Lol.

Not only did they take forever to make a change, they are probably going to do some half measure that doesn’t really balance things. Hope I’m wrong but I think they’ve earned skeptics.

in PvP

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

if they nerf the cele dd , i hope they at least make a bersek build good enough to play it in torunaments

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Lol.

Not only did they take forever to make a change, they are probably going to do some half measure that doesn’t really balance things. Hope I’m wrong but I think they’ve earned skeptics.

Yep…talking about coming nerfs confirmed while they are only discussing about the issue sounds a bit sick to me.
They are also talking about buffs..so be cautious…we can get an even worst juggernaut after.

in PvP

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Lol.

Yep…talking about coming nerfs confirmed while they are only discussing about the issue sounds a bit sick to me.
They are also talking about buffs..so be cautious…we can get an even worst juggernaut after.

The reason they are talking about buff is because if you haven’t realized yet, the ele only has only 1 viable PvP build. Unlike other classes, any changes to the ele will cause them will break them in PvP. So I am glad that they are not blindly giving in to the wishes and uninformed opinion of players by quickly nerfing them.

I mean a lot of the people who whine about the ele cannot even accurately articulate the issue with the elementalist. You see people quickly blaming celestial amulet even though it is simply a symptom and not the root cause.

in PvP

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

If you reread Grouch’s comment (quoted below), he states that they are “discussing a number of issues that are affecting balance in PvP”…and that “it doesn’t mean we’re only looking at nerf’s”. I interpreted those comments to go hand-in-hand, and that the buffs aren’t necessarily directed at d/d eles, only that that they are considering buffs/nerfs to a variety of classes/builds.

So, I can’t go into much detail on things quite yet, but I just wanted to reassure you folks that we’re actively discussing a number of issues that are affecting balance in PvP – including, but not limited to elementalist sustain/damage. Per the usual, we’ll be talking to you folks about the changes once we’ve finalized them.

Sorry I haven’t been that active on the forums lately – we’ve been pretty busy around the office.

“Thanks, Grouch. You’re the worst!”

in PvP

Grimreaper.5370

if they nerf the cele dd , i hope they at least make a bersek build good enough to play it in torunaments

Me too dude! I’m all for that high risk for reward playstyle. It would be nice to see some of the weapon abilities on the d/d set require a little more skill to pull off as well!

in PvP

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Lightning Whip should daze on hit. I mean, it’s lightning, after all.

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

Yeah with no icd and a daze duration equal to the cast time!

That would be balanced, I’m sure.

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Yeah with no icd and a daze duration equal to the cast time!

That would be balanced, I’m sure.

Don’t write such things plz…they may do it for real..

in PvP

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

You know ele will be nerfed like they nerfed ice bow.

Don’t worry ele’s you will always be top of every gamemode.

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

You know ele will be nerfed like they nerfed ice bow.

Don’t worry ele’s you will always be top of every gamemode.

To be fair, the reason eles are at the top of PvE has nothing to do with why they’re good in PvP.
PvE rewards higher damage comps more than anything else, and fire staff 2-1-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-1 is the highest sustained damage in the game (provided might/fury is capped and the other incidental damage buffs, like banners, are there, and also provided the enemies don’t simply walk out of your AoE).
PvP rewards bruisers/generalists more than anything else, and d/d cele cantrips is the current strongest bruiser setup.
WvW staff just has multiple fields for healbotting/might/swiftness.

in PvP

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Lol.

The reason they are talking about buff is because if you haven’t realized yet, the ele only has only 1 viable PvP build. Unlike other classes, any changes to the ele will cause them will break them in PvP. So I am glad that they are not blindly giving in to the wishes and uninformed opinion of players by quickly nerfing them.

I mean a lot of the people who whine about the ele cannot even accurately articulate the issue with the elementalist. You see people quickly blaming celestial amulet even though it is simply a symptom and not the root cause.

Thief and necromancer also have only 1 viable sPvP build each. Engineer has 2, basically, but one of them is only around because burning is so out of hand at the moment. Guardian probably has 2 (and again, one of them is a gimmick revolving around burn abuse). Ranger doesn’t really have any that aren’t gimmicks, although that is because of the permanent AI companion more than anything else, I think. Don’t act like elementalists are far below everyone else in terms of viable builds, because they really aren’t.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

That is only partially correct. Eles got a ton of buffs in the patch. In the past, ANET had balanced separately between PvP and PvE. That meant that several ele skills were nerfed in PvP but left as-is in PvE. During the most recent balance patch, ANET decided that was too much work for them.

End result was a reversal of several OP skills. That plus the things you mentioned are the reason ele is god tier right now.